2017 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:27 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I can't tell you why but I think the eagles are a great team. They're living life in the fast lane this year.
After all their wasted time one of these nights I think the eagles are going to push it to the limit.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:50 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

take it to the limit
balance among all things
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:55 am

Post by shaft.ed »

come on fhqwhgads
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 1002, shaft.ed wrote:come on fhqwhgads
same.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

that is some vintage meme.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

The NFL scheduling feels badly organized this year. I like how in previous years we had a rivalry game every Thursday. Closer matches and entertainment. Every team got at least one Thursday game and it was good. Ravens vs Miami was boring last night

Non Rivalry games can go to London. The fans that really enjoy the rivalry are not in London. What happened last week was dumb. Why did 2 west coast teams have a rivalry game in London? Anyone on west coast watching the 6am or 9am pacific London games this year? London games 'should' start at 1pm eastern. American fans would be able to wake up at same time every week to watch the games. Also Players that normally play at 1pm eastern would be playing at rhythms they are used to since it would still be 1pm eastern despite whatever time it is in London. Put less strain on players and fans bodies.

London just wants to see a good game with good teams. Why are Browns playing there this week?

Also this year there are a couple of weeks with nothing but rivalry matches. Give us variety. Don't have weeks where you only get rivalry or only get inter-conference play. Mix it up, give us some of everything every week.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:23 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 1004, Thestatusquo wrote:
that is some vintage meme.
everytime the phrase "to the limit" is uttered, that song automatically gets going in my head
impossible to stop
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:24 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 1005, PokerFace wrote:The NFL scheduling feels badly organized this year.
I'm still trying to figure out how Philadelphia and Washington have already played twice before midseason
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:59 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

yeah, the scheduling is crap this year I don't know if it is just a bunk year because that's how it had to go or what (I am pretty sure it uses an algorithm to decide most of the schedule after they handpick a few matches and put in necessary factors)

I was thinking it had more to do with me not really following for a couple years, having less of a feel for teams, and so not being as interested as I might be in as many matchups, but, meh, there's not been many weeks where there's been more than 1 or 2 games a week that I'm excited about.
balance among all things
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:26 am

Post by racefan12 »

The bunching together of divisional games is nothing new, though traditionally it has been at the end of the season, to create more excitement with respect to playoff races.

I know in several past years, the Cowboys have played the same divisional rival twice in the last 5 weeks of the season, and I assume other divisions have similar examples.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:36 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

it also allows divisional teams to be more refined and more representative of their skill going towards the end of season and potentially into postseason

playing divisional games in the first 1-3 weeks to any large percentage (not saying it makes sense to not have ANY in the first 3 weeks, but, a very low %) I think is a bit bogus, it doesn't really let the division pan out as "true"
balance among all things
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am fine with a lot of divisional games happening on last week for sake of playoff contention and excitement. Thing is you have 6 matches every season against people in your division so you can spare one rivalry game for every Thursday night
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1007, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 1005, PokerFace wrote:The NFL scheduling feels badly organized this year.
I'm still trying to figure out how Philadelphia and Washington have already played twice before midseason
Yay this is dumb about this years schedule too. In general Washington probably has the most screwed up schedule this year. Week 4 they were the monday night football game. Week 5 they had a bye. Week 6 they were the sunday night game. Week 7 they were the monday night foot ball game again. I don't hate or love washington, but they weren't a playoff team last year. So why we giving them prime time show offs like this?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:40 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I just saw the best part of the ravens dolphins game

poor kitty, it must have been terrified, glad it's safe and adopted!
balance among all things
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

That cat thought being surrounded by birds and fish was a good thing until last Thursday night
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:15 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

haha

dolphins aren't fish!
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:17 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1012, PokerFace wrote:
Yay this is dumb about this years schedule too. In general Washington probably has the most screwed up schedule this year. Week 4 they were the monday night football game. Week 5 they had a bye. Week 6 they were the sunday night game. Week 7 they were the monday night foot ball game again. I don't hate or love washington, but they weren't a playoff team last year. So why we giving them prime time show offs like this?
the last MNF game was more about the eagles and their visitor was 2ndary, which is another reason why it shouldn't have been washington (made a previous post griping about it so, no need to do more)

I didn't like how Gruden announcing Monday was inferring / say that the eagles are bullies at all though. He doesn't like the eagles and I think was going a bit far to paint them in a bad light (to some, others wouldn't care, but it is a subversive type thing)
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:04 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I wonder, how is it / how does it feel wearing #49 on the 49ers?
balance among all things
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Killthestory »

terrible
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:07 am

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 1016, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 1012, PokerFace wrote:
the last MNF game was more about the eagles and their visitor was 2ndary, which is another reason why it shouldn't have been washington (made a previous post griping about it so, no need to do more)

I didn't like how Gruden announcing Monday was inferring / say that the eagles are bullies at all though. He doesn't like the eagles and I think was going a bit far to paint them in a bad light (to some, others wouldn't care, but it is a subversive type thing)
i liked it because he kept calling them "broad street bullies" which is hilariously the wrong sport reference
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Not surprised Gruden was biased on last monday since his brother coaches the redskins. I kinda wonder if that is partly why redskins getting so much monday night time.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I doubt he has that pull.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 736, pickemgenius wrote:weekly reminder deshone kizer fucking sucks.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:04 pm

Post by Bella »

So, do you have a bot set up to automatically quote that, PEG? I like to imagine that when the aliens discover the long dead carcass of earth in like 3000 years they boot up MafiaScum and find themselves confronted with the question "Who is this Deshone Kizer and why are the last 150,000 posts on this forum saying he sucks?"
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:36 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 1019, Flameaxe wrote:i liked it because he kept calling them "broad street bullies" which is hilariously the wrong sport reference
yeah reminiscing on the Buddy Ryan era Eagles defense while using the 70s Flyers nickname was beautiful

Return to “General Discussion”