Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Chickadee »

I like Lord Gurgi. He's a thinker.

Wossi is still my preferred lynch today.

In post 447, Xiao Long wrote:
In post 445, Apple Jack wrote:Btw scum have been caught in rvs so nothing is excluded in this game
I will concede this is true, but it doesn't apply to me because I'm not scum.
You do realize this statement is unreliable, right? Like, what was the point of typing that out?
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Xiao Long claimed scum in his first post.
RVS throw away post. Unless you think I trust tell?
All posts matter, whether made in jest or not. This is not a valid defense.
When feuds aren't actually trying to lynch each other, it's a distancing technique. Seriously, they've been feuding since Derpy's first post.
I'm literally voting him now trying to get others to vote him.
[/b]
And he's voting for nobody. I want to see what he does when his supposed read starts getting votes. Too bad for you.
First post admitting that they won't be lynching their reads. In this case, we even get an explicit admission that they won't lynch their read/feud in Derpy's first post. Second post admits to a desire to cast the hammer. Scum behavior.
This was Derpy, not me
Like I said, you're working together. Let's see what Derpy does.
Couching scumreads as "I don't like anti-town behavior". This is an attempt to build deniability for leaving the wagon if it accidentally grows. Calling it now that Derpy will attempt to defuse any Xiao Long wagon. "I just dislike him, that's not a reason to lynch him".
Then this is also about Derpy and not me?
So you agree with the read. Great.
Always wagon "fake" hammers.
Why tho?
Because it's indicative of nervousness or anxiety. We're not in a rush here. Why are you?

Hey Derpy, throw a vote on this wagon. What have you got to lose? You couldn't possibly be sitting on the sideline feebly confirming my points for a reason, could you?

Xiao Long: Saying that you haven't used the joke defense much does not undermine the point. Your defense to Derpy, probably an attempt to make them look more reasonable than me, is similarly weak. So is misinterpreting me: I was saying that Derpy called for the vigilante kill. Not an accusation against you. Good to be defensive and attempt to divert to a third person though. Real tricky of you.

The rest: Thanks for the ego-rubs.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

WHY DON'T YOU GIVE US REAL ANALYSIS DINNERNOODLES?
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

In post 452, Xiao Long wrote:WHY DON'T YOU GIVE US REAL ANALYSIS DINNERNOODLES?
For those of you keeping score at home, this is an attempt to divert from my points in favor of attacking those who agree with them.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by Nauci »

Also... XL wasn't joking with the fake hammer? It was Wossi bait? Like the whole argument was because Derpy shat on that gambit and didn't take it seriously?

P.S. That RVS post was straight up awful WIFOM baiting bs, XL. It's bad play regardless of your alignment and both makes you suspicious and wastes town time with stupid WIFOM posting. It's only downhill from there.

Pedit: I think he was saying he town reads you (for whatever reason), and also town reads Derpy for tunneling on you.

Also he was referring to Derpy's call to vig you that was like, in the last page.

Wossi I post exactly why I scum read your posts... You haven't shown evidence of either Anime or I seeking affirmation it's a shitty claim and your defense of lurking is scummy af. Idgaf how you read me, only *why.*

LG: why do you think fake hammer bait is indicative of anxiety?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Nauci »

I'm beginning to feel like XL is low hanging fruit.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 448, Wossi wrote:And Derpy, your play is problematic to me and I'm not scum nor playing badly on purpose.
You are either scum or played bad on purpose.

Town doesn’t say “I’m going to assume you are town” in private but in public vote to lynch me and come back in private and act like everything is fine.

Post 165 is also a post from scum. Town would never make that post cause it’s a blatant misrep.

Nice try
I love MUFFINS!!!
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 449, Dunkerdoodles wrote:derpy's town meta is to bus other townies
Lies
I love MUFFINS!!!
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 451, Lord Gurgi wrote:Let's see what Derpy does.
Derpy is going to make sure my neighbor is lynched cause he’s caught scum.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 451, Lord Gurgi wrote:Hey Derpy, throw a vote on this wagon.
I’m not voting day one if I don’t have to. And if I do it’s a hammer vote.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Wossi
Wossi
Goon
Wossi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by Wossi »

It was not a vote to lynch. Nobody was in any danger of getting lynched. It was a vote to prod, to provoke, to delve up information. Also, just because I said I'm assuming you're town doesn't mean I believe it. Remember, I don't know your alignment. As far as I was concerned everything was fine. Your reaction is extreme and premature. People are going to laugh when our neighborhood is opened at the end of the game
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 455, Nauci wrote:I'm beginning to feel like XL is low hanging fruit.
That’s why I’d rather vig shoot him. Hopefully we have one.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 435, Lord Gurgi wrote:Hello, I'm replacing Sheep. Mod hasn't announced it yet, hope this is okay.

Gonna call Derp Hooves/Xiao Long team.
  1. Xiao Long claimed scum in his first post.
  2. When feuds aren't actually trying to lynch each other, it's a distancing technique. Seriously, they've been feuding since Derpy's first post.
  3. First post admitting that they won't be lynching their reads. In this case, we even get an explicit admission that they won't lynch their read/feud in Derpy's first post. Second post admits to a desire to cast the hammer. Scum behavior.
  4. Couching scumreads as "I don't like anti-town behavior". This is an attempt to build deniability for leaving the wagon if it accidentally grows. Calling it now that Derpy will attempt to defuse any Xiao Long wagon. "I just dislike him, that's not a reason to lynch him".
  5. Always wagon "fake" hammers.
VOTE: Xiao Long. Starting with the one I'm more confident on.

PS. Hey Porkens, long time.
OMFG HI! :) :D
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 431, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 379, Flavor Leaf wrote:VOTE: Porkens

I’m not going to have much time today or tomorrow, but I will get to this game.

I think Porkens is scum taking advantage for a mislynch on Wossi.
kinda want to sheep this tbh
Explain yourself
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

In post 454, Nauci wrote:LG: why do you think fake hammer bait is indicative of anxiety?
There is a fundamental connection between anxiety and the perceived weakness, to do with human tendency to view loss as more significant than equivalent gain. Fearing further losses, humans react extremely to even the suggestion of danger. In Mafia, this leads scum to be prone to play around with hammer brinksmanship. Especially it leads them to anticipate dropping the hammer and in turn to attempt to excuse it in advance. Both Derpy and Xiao Long have done this to different degrees.
In post 455, Nauci wrote:I'm beginning to feel like XL is low hanging fruit.
Let's pick it.

I feel vindicated by Derpy's sudden cessation of feuding with Xiao Long and continued vigilante calls. Won't lynch him Day One. "Hopes" that a vigilante will kill him Night One. Day Two there will be new information that will make all this a thing of the past.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 441, Nauci wrote:VOTE: Porkens

I've seen you scum hunt a lot more than this, Bacons!
This table is giving plenty to read without my prodding. I'll be more town later, deal?
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 450, Chickadee wrote:I like Lord Gurgi. He's a thinker.

Wossi is still my preferred lynch today.

You do realize this statement is unreliable, right? Like, what was the point of typing that out?
I'll tell you after you post a case or something that actually gives us some real information. Deal?

In post 451, Lord Gurgi wrote: All posts matter, whether made in jest or not. This is not a valid defense.
Yes, ALL posts matter, not just the very first one. Which is why I think hinging your whole case on that post is weak play, and makes me think there's at least one scum constantly blowing up the point so that the sheepish townies will be like, "Durr, makes sense to me he would claim scum during rvs"
And he's voting for nobody. I want to see what he does when his supposed read starts getting votes. Too bad for you.
Join the club, dawg. I've tried everything I can to get him to vote for SOMEBODY.
Don't hold your breath.
I don't think Derpy will do that. Like I said before, I think he's going to be like, "You guys should reallllly lynch Xiao" the whole time without actually voting so he has some deniability when I flip town.
Because it's indicative of nervousness or anxiety. We're not in a rush here. Why are you?
I mean, if it were a real hammer I could see that, but I don't get how a fake hammer is indicative of that. Seemed like a good opportunity to try something so I could get some reactions from Wossi, but then Derpy fucked it all up.

Xiao Long: Saying that you haven't used the joke defense much does not undermine the point.
Ok then
Your defense to Derpy, probably an attempt to make them look more reasonable than me, is similarly weak.
I don't know what you mean by this.
So is misinterpreting me: I was saying that Derpy called for the vigilante kill. Not an accusation against you. Good to be defensive and attempt to divert to a third person though. Real tricky of you.
It's not a diversion, Tyrrion is literally the first person to suggest someone vig me. I thought you were claiming I was trying to tell people to vig me.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 454, Nauci wrote: P.S. That RVS post was straight up awful WIFOM baiting bs, XL. It's bad play regardless of your alignment and both makes you suspicious and wastes town time with stupid WIFOM posting. It's only downhill from there.
I guess? It's a whole game of players I've never played with, and I was the first person to post. Really was not expecting people to be trippin that much over it. I think spending the entirety of day 1 WIFOMing over an rvs post is probably the least productive thing town can do.
Pedit: I think he was saying he town reads you (for whatever reason), and also town reads Derpy for tunneling on you.

Also he was referring to Derpy's call to vig you that was like, in the last page.
Oh, weird, especially since he's now voting me?

I get that now.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 464, Lord Gurgi wrote:I feel vindicated by Derpy's sudden cessation of feuding with Xiao Long and continued vigilante calls. Won't lynch him Day One. "Hopes" that a vigilante will kill him Night One. Day Two there will be new information that will make all this a thing of the past.
lol get off your high horse. XL was never going to be today’s lynch. I’ve always advocated him being vig killed.

I’m only backing off him cause he’s acting like a crybaby and I really don’t want to be distracted by him anymore when today’s lynch is already decided.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

Can this game really be as easy as the 3 people who were voting me?

Hmm
I love MUFFINS!!!
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 468, Apple Jack wrote:
I’m only backing off him cause he’s acting like a crybaby
You really can't help yourself, can you?
Yes, I was mad that you were being a condescending prick. Wow, what a crybaby I am.
Wossi
Wossi
Goon
Wossi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by Wossi »

In post 454, Nauci wrote:Also... XL wasn't joking with the fake hammer? It was Wossi bait? Like the whole argument was because Derpy shat on that gambit and didn't take it seriously?

P.S. That RVS post was straight up awful WIFOM baiting bs, XL. It's bad play regardless of your alignment and both makes you suspicious and wastes town time with stupid WIFOM posting. It's only downhill from there.

Wossi I post exactly why I scum read your posts... You haven't shown evidence of either Anime or I seeking affirmation it's a shitty claim and your defense of lurking is scummy af. Idgaf how you read me, only *why.*

LG: why do you think fake hammer bait is indicative of anxiety?
Nauci, please be patient with me until I can get on a computer and dive into ISO. Animetrix is ringing alarm bells to me, and then by extension you too by defending and "normalizing" what I saw as his scummiest post
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

In post 466, Xiao Long wrote:
In post 451, Lord Gurgi wrote: All posts matter, whether made in jest or not. This is not a valid defense.
Yes, ALL posts matter, not just the very first one. Which is why I think hinging your whole case on that post is weak play, and makes me think there's at least one scum constantly blowing up the point so that the sheepish townies will be like, "Durr, makes sense to me he would claim scum during rvs"
That's not the whole of my case against you. This post-hoc milquetoast mafia theory is unimpressive. Does using "Durr" to discredit an argument pass muster these days?
Join the club, dawg. I've tried everything I can to get him to vote for SOMEBODY.
Don't hold your breath.
As I said when I cast the vote, Derpy will refuse to join it despite not retracting his read of you. He'll gradually distance and attempt to use his "I don't vote Day One" strategy to survive tomorrow or revise his read of you if you don't get lynched. Derpy's even admitting to backing off as predicted.
I don't think Derpy will do that. Like I said before, I think he's going to be like, "You guys should reallllly lynch Xiao" the whole time without actually voting so he has some deniability when I flip town.
Ah so the difference between my read of his motivations and yours is that you "know you're town". Please.
I mean, if it were a real hammer I could see that, but I don't get how a fake hammer is indicative of that. Seemed like a good opportunity to try something so I could get some reactions from Wossi, but then Derpy fucked it all up.
See longer response about brinksmanship.
I thought you were claiming I was trying to tell people to vig me.
I'm going to put this in my signature after you get lynched.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 472, Lord Gurgi wrote:
In post 466, Xiao Long wrote:
That's not the whole of my case against you. This post-hoc milquetoast mafia theory is unimpressive. Does using "Durr" to discredit an argument pass muster these days?
Was meant to be a "your" in reference to Derpy's case, not specifically your case. I'm not using durr to discredit, I'm using it to show how people are just mindlessly agreeing with it instead of doing their own work.
As I said when I cast the vote, Derpy will refuse to join it despite not retracting his read of you. He'll gradually distance and attempt to use his "I don't vote Day One" strategy to survive tomorrow or revise his read of you if you don't get lynched. Derpy's even admitting to backing off as predicted.
Then vote Derpy?
Ah so the difference between my read of his motivations and yours is that you "know you're town". Please.
Sure
See longer response about brinksmanship.
I must have missed it. I'll check.
I'm going to put this in my signature after you get lynched.
Sure
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 464, Lord Gurgi wrote:
In post 454, Nauci wrote:LG: why do you think fake hammer bait is indicative of anxiety?
There is a fundamental connection between anxiety and the perceived weakness, to do with human tendency to view loss as more significant than equivalent gain. Fearing further losses, humans react extremely to even the suggestion of danger. In Mafia, this leads scum to be prone to play around with hammer brinksmanship. Especially it leads them to anticipate dropping the hammer and in turn to attempt to excuse it in advance. Both Derpy and Xiao Long have done this to different degrees.
Can you simplify this, cause it doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”