ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:36 am

Post by ironstove »

Like how about this:

You guys either lynch me or flub for today. HOW ABOUT THAT? Like, I would rather be lynched than go through another game with town players who literally ignore every scummy thing a player is doing and instead focus in on players they just don't like on a personal level. LOL.

Let's thunderdome this thing, ME AND YOU FLUBS. PLACE YOUR VOTES.

VOTE: FLUB
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 825, ironstove wrote:Like how about this:

You guys either lynch me or flub for today. HOW ABOUT THAT? Like, I would rather be lynched than go through another game with town players who literally ignore every scummy thing a player is doing and instead focus in on players they just don't like on a personal level. LOL.

Let's thunderdome this thing, ME AND YOU FLUBS. PLACE YOUR VOTES.

VOTE: FLUB
no
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Yeah, this isn't really working for me.

@Ironstove:

1. Your case would be significantly more compelling if you explained *why* you thought he was scummy, instead of just proclaiming him to be such.

2. You're couching this push in an attempt to break MS meta of getting rid of nice, scummy players. We aren't not-lynching him because of how nice he may or may not be. We aren't lynching him because he claimed PR and lynching him right now would be idiotic. He also isn't really scummy, like at all.

3. You liked him in and , so I don't understand what changed between now and then.

4. He claimed an investigative PR role, and despite early day shenanigans, we now have a pretty good locktown bloc, so this ultimatley worked out rather nicely imo. He did this without any pressure on him, and we aren't close to Lylo/mylo.

5. WE ARE NOT LYNCHING AN INVESTIGATIVE CLAIM DAY 2

VOTE: ironstove

The only thing that's giving me pause is that I'm having trouble seeing why on earth scum decides to do this. Maybe scum decides to try this in an attempt to get rid of the PR? But this is going to backfire in any reasonably functioning town. I also can't really think of any town motivation for this.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 817, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 814, Flubbernugget wrote:Don't let ucv in on the insider info
what is this supposed to mean?
Don't worry bout it. If you're town it literally doesn't matter.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Jingle »

Spoiler: Awoo quotes that sound pretty much exactly like counterparts in Newbie 1822
In post 49, Awoo wrote:Sorry for the delay, I've been running a lot of simulations and smartilligent statistical anal,ysis to try to formulate some interneural pre-reads and I'm pleased to announce that the next person to post is going to be confirmed town! Discuss.

VOTE: taiho <-- Good vote, not random
In post 57, Awoo wrote:My only regret was not adding more buzzwords :(
In post 102, Awoo wrote:General question, how often making a dumb move like self voting in RVS is an actual scumtell as opposed to a weird/noob playstyle tell?

PEDIT:
2million wrote:You're acting like an arrogant "veteran" who thinks they can push new people around and everyone will just sheep them. Trust me that will not be the case.
Close, but not quite a real point. ETL, your reasoning has been weak as hell so far on every vote you've made. What I've seen from you so far is just a string of easy to make votes that you can later point to as "aggressive townplay" as scum. What is your motivation for this? More importantly, if you are town, what have you learned from this chain of votes?

PEDIT: I cant post because everyone keeps posting, literally unplayable
In post 152, Awoo wrote:So we find three people in similar situations of low activity. You defend tai, waive nk15, and and call iron disgusting. Care to explain?
In post 184, Awoo wrote:I've actually never seen formatting like that. I'm impressed and repulsed.
In post 256, Awoo wrote:I think it's worth looking into that most of what people refer to as the speed on the skitter wagon came from sketchy slots like TIAM and Not known.
Get this: if TIAM was really looking to read skitter, he would have read and seen his response to what I said about fence sitting, then responded to that, if anything. This just appears as pushing the wagon for the sake of pushing the wagon instead of trying to formulate reads and sort.

Not to give skitter a clear, but this is reading SvT.

I'm not putting the effort into quoting Newbie 1822 because I'm largely ambivalent to lynching specifically here today, but I will describe specific behaviors. The entries into the game were functionally identical, which is something that many people sculpt over time to subvert meta reads, but is still worth noting given Awoo is newbish and HAS NOT established that pattern.

Further, in both games she tends towards asking questions over coming to conclusions. She's quick to jump onto people in 1822 for things that other people bring up. (See: her interaction with the skitter wagon given the specific context of me. Additionally: her weak ass hammer and the dance around the 2 wagon.)

Lump into that nothing that jumps out to me as town, and I'm supremely happy with an Awoo lynch. I could also wait on her though, because I foresee additional information in the not too distant future.
This is a Parachute.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Fykus »

VOTE: flub

Iron your my new favourite player. Such sass
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

who wants to help me get LUV to Beetlejuice
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:31 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Who is focusing on you solely because of personal differences?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:21 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Damn I'm good
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Awoo »

I swear I've got substantial content I just also have substantial midterms!

Jingle - What I would say to you if you were townreading me because of my meta is this:

" while I only have one completed game: eyes in the fog (newbie 1822) was an awkward as hell game because I was trying to play scum (and scum emulates town) before I learned to play town. Going over that game is most likely going to be to no use of you or to anyone since I will always be playing differently as both alignments from now and onwards."

but I'm still going to say it to you anyways. You sure you're not just getting an "awoo" read?

(more on the game on friday night )
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:27 am

Post by Jingle »

It's possible, but not likely. Hence the I'd like to talk about it more at a later date.

There are non meta issues with your play this game that compound the meta read. There are additional factors to consider at some later date. There is a large element of PoE to this. But, all in all, this seems like a safe bet to me.

Also, I'm more inclined to vote Fykus for 830 than IS for his awkward Flubbs push, tbh. Both show a willfull disregard for reading the game, but IS's comes across as more genuine. I think ignoring him and his 1v1 till he gets fed up and replaces out is a more worthwhile use of my time than policy lynching him at this point. If we stall out on the game after this most recent round of P-dodges, I am most certainly happy to throw my vote down on him just to get things moving again though.
This is a Parachute.
taiho
taiho
Goon
taiho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:15 am

Post by taiho »

sup i'm back, did i missed much? :3
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

The more I think about it, the more I'm tending towards wanting an Awoo lynch today. I raised a bunch of issues earlier throughout day1, but I kinda dropped them after we got into that thing, but re-reading my earlier posts and Awoo's, I'm seeing a bunch of red flags again.

1. - accused me of not actually placing a vote on Two because I was scum who may have found him too lynchbait-y to actually vote for. Now that I think about it . . . this is basically what he did. He basically sidestepped the super-sketchy Two thing by finding an alternative wagon, despite maintaining a scumread on him the whole time. The unvote off of my wagon was also really awkward and kinda bad, since he didn't follow it up with a vote anywhere until he got questioned about it. Then, of course, we had the awkward hammer just before a replacement's catchup.

2. His progression on me is kinda wonky. I talked about the day1 stuff at length, but what I'm really finding odd atm is that after all that, he's sheeping my opinion of Fykus and using that to justify his vote on him.

I wanna wait until the weekend until he comes back from v/la though and can talk with us

Good luck on midterms!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 836, taiho wrote:sup i'm back, did i missed much? :3
I posted a wall about why a player I'm not voting is scummy, IS wants to 1v1 Flubber, which I'm pretty sure means we're gonna lynch IS today, UCV beetlejuices like a boss, LUV burned through all of the towncred anyone had for him with his interactions with ETL and Flubbs, I made a locktown block of most of the players, and decided that the 6 nontownreads I have all need to try harder, and like ten people proddodged or wen't V/LA because of midterms.

Who out of {Fykus, LUV, IS, UCV, Tai, Awoo} do you most want lynched and why? Who out of that group do you least want lynched and why, discounting yourself?

(Aimed at Tai, but I'd love to see answers from everyone.)
This is a Parachute.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

i think skitter is scum actually
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Fykus »

In post 839, Dunkerdoodles wrote:i think skitter is scum actually
Agreed.
VOTE: skitter
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

VOTE: skitter
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Both of you have to walk me through that one.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

idk gut mainly
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Fykus »

Well every game im ever in shes scum.
Plus shes doing that thing she does.
I guess its a gut read.

Id be willing to settle for flubber though. I cant remember why i scum read him but IS also voting him gives me confidence i could be right.

Also i think jingle is a bit suss. Like if he lives tonight we should be seriously worried.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

if flubbs has the exact role i'm thinking about (which i think he does) he's locktown

if not he's scum

i think we should give him a chance to get another result from him tommorrow and not lynch him.
idrk who to lynch at this point
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

one more day.

i'm very satisfied with lynching ironstove today.
Art is cool.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:51 am

Post by ironstove »

Why's that?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:53 am

Post by ironstove »

In post 846, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:one more day.

i'm very satisfied with lynching ironstove today.
to be fair, i think you're probably the person in this game with the lowest IQ by a significant margin based on all of the posts you've made, so I'm not surprised you feel this way.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:09 am

Post by jjh927 »

Hmmmm
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”