Post by davesaz »

boring(5) - mutantdevle, Ectomancer, kelbris, Transcend, Luca Blight
kelbris(3) - IceGuy, Fishythefish, Yuria
mutantdevle(2) - havingfitz, sheepsaysmeep
Luca Blight(1) - Viomi

not voting (2) - DeasVail, boring

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
(expired on 2017-11-12 15:00:00)

Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Didin't even realise Viomi was still voting me - is she owning that vote or what?

@Mod
- Viomi is V/LA until December 3rd and I'm concerned her current inactivity might last until then. Can you find out if this is going to be the case as she wouldn't answer my question on the matter.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Transcend »

this is really healthy wagon construction and the weaker wagons have terrible construction.

iceguy? yuria? yuuuuuuuck

also that mutant lynch in the making needs to die as well
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:34 am

Post by DeasVail »

Yeah, can we not lynch mutant please? That would be bad.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:41 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Sorry for not commenting in like 3 pages y'all. I have been reading on my phone though but all the posts I have wanted to make are big ones which I cannot do on my phone.

In post 391, Fishythefish wrote: From your posts, I feel like you don't really think these things are actually alignment-related.
I do genuinely think these things can be and likely are alignment related. Scum are more likely to do these things as it inhibits the town.
In post 391, Fishythefish wrote:mutant: almost all those reasons seem to be about Elmo being unhelpful, or bad at convincing people she's town, rather than actually being likely scum. In particular, none of these seem to have any scum motivation:
- Not posting content
- Being uncooperative
- Not answering questions
- Not posting content after saying she would
- Giving up
Not posting content means that's 1 less person helping the town. Scummy. Being uncooperative is directly against the town. Scummy. Not answering questions means you have something to hide; only PR's and scum would do this. And Elmo / boring clearly isn't a PR so that must mean they are scummy. When you say you are going to post content why would you suddenly not? It's almost as if she was saying "hey just wait a minute, I'll be a better player soon enough you just have to give me time!". She also implied this at the very start of the game when her excuse for not posting much was that it was still early in the game. After that she never really posted much. It just feels like too much of a deception so I view it as scummy. And giving up is never helpful for the town. Scummy.
In post 391, Fishythefish wrote:When I say someone is "scummy", I mean "likely to be scum". So being scummy can't be "regardless of alignment". What do you mean by scummy, and why is it a good thing to lynch someone for?
When I say scummy I mean anything that opposes or hinders the town. So a single scummy action does not constitute being scum since everyone does seemingly scummy things once in a while as we have no idea who's with or against us. But when you are doing so many scummy things with no redeeming qualities, that rings alarm bells for me and makes me consider you to be scum. If each of the things Elmo did was isolated incidents I would have had no problem with her and I definitely wouldn't be on this wagon. But as she has been consistently scummy I view her as likely to be scum. I really don't see anyone else who has done as many scummy things as she has.

In post 395, boring wrote:There's no reason to have a player run up this high this early with a serious wagon based on literally nothing.
This is a very bad approach to taking over this slot in such a position. I would have found you more believable if you came in a said: "okay yeah, Elmo was being scummy but I am not like that". But instead, you choose to deny she did anything wrong. Well, she has done things wrong which is why we are voting for her. You would have done much better to rectify her mistakes rather than deny or make excuses for them.
In post 395, boring wrote:I think
mutant is town
because he's playing so poorly. I don't mean that to be unkind. He's cumbersome in a way that scum rarely are. As has already been pointed out by two players now, he's trying to policy me, and he doesn't even seem to realize it. He's looking to lynch and not scum hunt. I know that's traditionally a big scum tell, as was that big read list on something like page two. It's so crazy scummy, and he's not even trying to backtrack.
You are seriously mistaken if I am policy lynching you. If I was lynching you based on Elmo's unhelpfulness, this post would have made me unvote as I can tell you would be a useful player just from this. But alas this post has done nothing to shift my mindset on my views of you (or rather your slot) being scummy. Furthermore, I don't really get the whole "he's acting so scummy he must be town" thing. Please point out exactly where and how I am being scummy. So far, the only point that has been raised against me is that perhaps I am trying too hard to appear town. So that means I am trying to act so town it makes me scum which is so scummy I must be town; like seriously what?
In post 395, boring wrote:I'm not thrilled that he's town, but he's town.
Oh boi.
In post 395, boring wrote:Also,
@mutant
, this isn't my first time subbing into L-1. I think this is like the 4th time. I've never been lynched as town, so if nothing else, I'll get a new experience. Just remember to come back to this post later.
I'm glad you are experienced in this aspect but so far you have failed to shift people off your wagon permanently. I'm glad your tradition of never being lynched as townie won't be broken though.
In post 395, boring wrote:I don't like the way
Luca
is playing. I think he's just going along to get a lynch. I know he's first on the wagon on the VC, but he definitely wasn't the first to start circling Elmo, and that's exactly what this has been. Circling. To be more specific, he's playing the way I play when I'm scum. I try to buddy the most aggressive "town" player so they leave me alone, and then I Knit-pick.
This implies that Luca has been trying to buddy the most aggressive town person. I don't think that's possible since I consider that
he
is the most aggressive town person so far in this game. If you think Transcend is the town person then either you have completely written Luca off as scum or overestimate the influence Transcend has. Transcend is just rambling and pushing a lynch in a rather obscure way than most of us would be used to. The only impact his obscurities have had on me is that I trust him a little more due to raising some opinions that I agree with.
In post 395, boring wrote:He leaves questions and directions just hanging out there, then he collects on the "so-and-so didn't answer me" or "so-and-so couldn't explain x". He looks kinda like he's scum hunting, but he's just looking for weaknesses. tl;dr:
he's clearly capable of thinking critically about the game state, but he's not doing it.
He asks questions and they don't get answered. He then inquires why they weren't answered. I really don't see what's so bad about that and it's exactly what I would do and am doing. If you have nothing to hide, answer the damn question. Only PRs and scum have excuses for hiding things and lying. You / Elmo are clearly not a PR.

In post 404, boring wrote:
In post 401, Transcend wrote:Boring's reads:

"I tr the people not voting me and fos the person who wants my death second most to transcend"

The reason was honestly quite a stretch as well
wait, wat? You just tl'dr'd that shit, didn't you?
Why do you seem so annoyed over the possibility of someone TLDR-ing your post? You literally set your post up so it could be TLDR-ed. Personally, I am against all TLDR but if you are going to claim it's possible to TLDR your post at the beginning of it you shouldn't have this reaction if someone TLDR-ed it.

In post 416, Transcend wrote:Ok we have a new lynch guys

Put a vig on boring
No offence Transcend but I don't think you have any right to try and command a potential vig to do anything like that. If they just started shooting everyone that seemed even remotely townie then we would have a lot of wrongfully dead players. Vigs should be more confident on their target before shooting than just someone seems slightly scummy. Let's just hope that Transcend isn't actually the vig :3

In post 419, Luca Blight wrote:Anyway, despite your terribly misguided points against me at least your slot is now producing something, whereas the Viomi one (while also seemingly useless due to the long-term V/LA) only seems to pop in when she's accused, so this looks a better area to probe for now.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Viomi
I don't really understand why you did this. It implies you don't actually thing Elmo / boring is scum and were only going after them for their low activity and productivity. It seems ironic that both you and Transcend have unvoted when the slots activity increases yet I hold my ground and still get the shit for apparently only voting based on activity.

In post 427, boring wrote:I'm also not posting your whole ISO to break down each post individually because it's time-consuming, and difficult for people to read. It's easier to just skim through it themselves.
This translates to me as "I don't actually have many points against Luca other than that he is voting for me and I'm hoping that someone reads through his ISO and finds something for me".

In post 444, boring wrote:Mutant has to be town or really good at playing too-scummy-to-be-scum, in which case, fool me once.
You are still yet to provide anything about me being scummy. You seem to be bad at the whole you-kinda-need-evidence thing.

Finally @boring I have done as you asked and ISO'ed Luca posts just to see if I could genuinely see where you were coming from. But honestly, from reading his posts the main thing that was in my head was "I agree" with a few "Eh?"'s in between. Based on everyone's plays so far, Luca is the person I have the most trust in and if you flip scum I am willing to write him off as confirmed town. If you have any particular posts in mind in which he looks scum that I perhaps have overlooked then I would love to see them. But if his only crime is agreeing with Transcend then add me to your scum list because I agree with a lot of what both of them have said.
I mostly just lurk now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 am

Post by DeasVail »

I've just read up but I'm too tired right now to process the back-and-forth properly. My gut reaction to boring's entrance was actually that I liked it. I'll read through again tomorrow.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:28 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 335, Transcend wrote:The mutant lynch is shit

It is scum motivated

If Elmo greens then we're lynching Fitz
So if the Elmo slot is green that wagon isn't scum motivated?

How's this...if "Elmo greens" we're lynching you. :idea:

Next best thing to a bark collar.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:30 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 347, Transcend wrote:Slot is scum, don't want it drawing out prs
Irony

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:40 am

Post by havingfitz »

UNVOTE:

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:55 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 457, havingfitz wrote:
Irony
Only an idiot would cc me there

Just saying
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:57 am

Post by Transcend »

Is that really all you have to say tho' Fitz
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:04 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 451, Luca Blight wrote:Didin't even realise Viomi was still voting me - is she owning that vote or what?

@Mod
- Viomi is V/LA until December 3rd and I'm concerned her current inactivity might last until then. Can you find out if this is going to be the case as she wouldn't answer my question on the matter.
UNVOTE:

Hang on.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:05 am

Post by Transcend »

I'm hanging on to my second noose

It's reserved for you if you were wondering
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:12 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 459, Transcend wrote:
Irony

Just saying
Idiot happens.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:14 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 459, Transcend wrote:
Irony

Just saying
Idiot happens.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:14 am

Post by Transcend »

So true

What are your reads?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:16 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 460, Transcend wrote:Is that really all you have to say tho' Fitz
I'll probably say more at some point.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:17 am

Post by Transcend »

Oh
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Viomi »

By the way mutant is town
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Transcend »

No shit sherlock
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 am

Post by Viomi »

VOTE: Transcend

Sh, I'm trying to read the thread.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:29 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 465, Transcend wrote:What are your reads?
My unsubstantiated ottomh reads:

- Fish townlean
- Deas townlean
- kelbris tbd
- boring townlean
- Yuria tbd
- Viomi lean suspect
- sheeps tbd
- Iceguy tbd
- mutant tbd
- Transcend townlean
- Luca lean suspect
- Ecto tbd

What are yours?

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 470, Viomi wrote:VOTE: Transcend

Bad vote rofl

I town read you more when you were doing absolutely nothing this game
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:39 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 472, Transcend wrote:
In post 470, Viomi wrote:VOTE: Transcend

Bad vote rofl

I town read you more when you were doing absolutely nothing this game
@everyone: is it Transcend's town or scum play to be a shitty troll? Or is that how he always is?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:43 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 473, Viomi wrote:is it Transcend's town or scum play to be a shitty troll? Or is that how he always is?
I would say "always is."

Return to “Completed Open Games”