Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 48, northsidegal wrote:
In post 42, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why not? I'm trying to get the game going. And guess what? It's working~
i think it's an artifical way to get the game out of rvs, like people who self vote just so they can have the conversation about why self-voting in rvs isn't scummy. you're trying to force the game out of the low-information stage without providing any meaningful information to do so. yeah, saying "i'm scum" in rvs is certain to get people to react which generates content, but is that content really meaningful? what exactly have you gained from this endeavor? what i'm seeing from it are exactly the kind of weak conclusions that i would expect from the kind of content that claiming scum generates - voting someone just because they voted you.
Exactly. Well put.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 47, Lord Gurgi wrote:
In post 43, Kokichi Oma wrote:So baiting people to see their reactions is scummy? Got it.
Things that are scummy:
  1. Deliberately playing in a scummy way
  2. Defending the above as "baiting"
My vote feels comfy.
I don't like how you keep referring about your vote. Like you're trying to convince yourself
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Also it's not scummy to try and get reactions from others.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 48, northsidegal wrote:
In post 42, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why not? I'm trying to get the game going. And guess what? It's working~
i think it's an artifical way to get the game out of rvs, like people who self vote just so they can have the conversation about why self-voting in rvs isn't scummy. you're trying to force the game out of the low-information stage without providing any meaningful information to do so. yeah, saying "i'm scum" in rvs is certain to get people to react which generates content, but is that content really meaningful? what exactly have you gained from this endeavor? what i'm seeing from it are exactly the kind of weak conclusions that i would expect from the kind of content that claiming scum generates - voting someone just because they voted you.
I'm not voting someone because they voted me. I already explained my vote.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 49, Impede wrote:
In post 46, Kokichi Oma wrote:I just wanted to see who would have a weird reaction, and I think I found the person.
Make up your mind. I wasn't the one who suggested a PL on you page 1.

I still don't know what you were hoping to achieve. I can't see any response to that, organic or fabricated, being AI... especially because anyone in their right mind already suspects that you only posted it to stir the pot, so any reactions you get are WIFOM.
This post is a bit weird, cause I wasn't talking about you. But, the way you answered it is weird for someone you are suspicious of.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Yes, it is. Deliberately scummy behavior provides a pretext for defensiveness. It also allows you to harvest negative reactions from most of the town. Later, once you've picked your tunnel target, you hearken back to those negative reactions as part of your case, neatly reinforcing that you are supposedly some kind of brave-if-erratic town. If your tunnel succeeds, you claim to have been blinded by the early negative reaction to your bait.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

What does that have to do with anything I did? All I did was make a statement that I knew would draw reactions, and I decided which I didn't like the most. I'm sticking to my read, until something changes from him.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

It describes why what you did has a strong scum motive. My giddy aunt, you even start the tunnel in response to the accusation that you'd use it as a pretext to do precisely that.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

What tunnel? I've been pointing out things I didn't like from everyone. I think you're trying to fabricate a tunnel. What have I done to tunnel except vote one person, and not have anything else to say about the person. If anything, you're the one tunneling.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Impede »

Not to be devil's advocate, but tunneling is a valid town strategy too
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 34, Lord Gurgi wrote:The darker blue is preferable.
This blue it is!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 39, Kokichi Oma wrote:Nero's vote didn't seem fabricated to me. And his was the second vote. Soooo~
What does my vote have to do with anything?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 60, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 34, Lord Gurgi wrote:The darker blue is preferable.
This blue it is!
Nero's opinions have oomph!

Well if 3 people request I change it (1 in pm) I should probably change it.

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 61, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 39, Kokichi Oma wrote:Nero's vote didn't seem fabricated to me. And his was the second vote. Soooo~
What does my vote have to do with anything?
Because that's what I based my vote on was the votes
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but I'm voting Impede.... Can you spell it out to me like I'm 3?

Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 57, Lord Gurgi wrote:It describes why what you did has a strong scum motive. My giddy aunt, you even start the tunnel in response to the accusation that you'd use it as a pretext to do precisely that.
I'd like to mildly challenge the idea that sticking to a vote until you get a response from your target is tunneling, especially this early in the game. I get where you're coming from with the "you even start" comment, but the timing is weird.

Kokichi- why is Lapsa's vote opportunistic for having no explanation, but Gurgi's was not (and also had none)?

Nero, why'd you vote Impede? You quoted yourself which makes me think it was serious, and I'm wondering what you're basing it on?
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 65, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Nero, why'd you vote Impede? You quoted yourself which makes me think it was serious, and I'm wondering what you're basing it on?
My vote is semi-serious. I don't really have any strong reads yet. I mean I have all sort of gut reads but nothing I'd be willing to bet on yet.
In post 4, Impede wrote:Hi everyone! Stoked to be first.
I think sometimes scum make little cheerful friendlish posts like these.
In post 25, Impede wrote:
In post 23, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 12, Impede wrote:
In post 8, Nero Cain wrote:
policy daykill: Kokichi Oma
Quote for effect
Why?
In post 12, Impede wrote:for effect
I actually did not kinda like this. I really hate players that claim scum but I do believe that Oma was just "trying to start the game". Anyways, Impede sheeping my lols policy daykill and not really using any words kinda made me feel weird. Like did he think Oma was scummy? What?
In post 49, Impede wrote:Make up your mind. I wasn't the one who suggested a PL on you page 1.

I still don't know what you were hoping to achieve. I can't see any response to that, organic or fabricated, being AI... especially because anyone in their right mind already suspects that you only posted it to stir the pot, so any reactions you get are WIFOM.
Kinda didn't like him getting all up in Oma's grill.
In post 59, Impede wrote:Not to be devil's advocate, but tunneling is a valid town strategy too
Is this scum that knows Lord Gurgi is town? Also its like he's playing both sides from the middle and I can see scum making a post like that.

Quoting my vote was just making fun of his quoting my policy daykill but I think my vote is kinda comfy and I'ma ride here for a bit until the next shiny object catches my attention.

A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

Hi.

VOTE: Shinobi
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:34 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 66, Nero Cain wrote:In post 49, Impede wrote:

The second part has some merit, but the first comment is confusing and strange.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 am

Post by Impede »

@Nero: I don't know if anything you brought up is actually AI. See my earlier posts regarding why KO's scumclaim irks me.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 64, Nero Cain wrote:but I'm voting Impede.... Can you spell it out to me like I'm 3?
I took your policy kill thing as a vote, that was what I was talking about originally.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 66, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 49, Impede wrote:

The second part has some merit, but the first comment is confusing and strange.

---

^ Fixed this so it actually makes sense.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Impede »

Are you referring to my comment about the PL?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 69, Impede wrote:@Nero: I don't know if anything you brought up is actually AI. See my earlier posts regarding why KO's scumclaim irks me.
but it's not worth a vote b/c?

Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:59 am

Post by Impede »

In post 73, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 69, Impede wrote:@Nero: I don't know if anything you brought up is actually AI. See my earlier posts regarding why KO's scumclaim irks me.
but it's not worth a vote b/c?
Did you read my post? It's WIFOM just like any reactions he gets from It. I'm More inclined towards newbtown on KO than newbscum. Not super interested in drumming up a PL wagon early in D1... that seems Very counter-productive when we could instead focus on more promising scumreads.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”