Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4475 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Whiskers is still a maybe I guess. Not at all impossible to see her derail her scumbuddy and then placate me but then an IaI scum would make me lean heavily on a Whiskers town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4476 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Math with a shit town read on Whiskers would be a thing. Maths content is also ass. I'd shed zero tears if we lynch that slot. I also don't remember anything about Math talking about Nauci or IaI.

maybe a Nauci/IaI/Math/???? team?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4477 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I skimmed and like Math FOS' Nauci but that was about all.

Transcend
Rhah
AxleGreaser*
Lucky2u
Viomi
Whiskers
TwoInAMillion

This is prob all town. Of those Axe is my weakest town read, i think. IDK, I kinda flip flop. Like he's only really pushed Whiskers and Gerry this game and that kinda focused not flailing out has me a little worried. I kinda liked the chat we had though. Smocaine and Math crossbussing would also make alot of sense here. Or maybe he's just wrong and its Flaris, idk.

I think Nauci is my #1 but I'd consolidate onto Math.

pienyan
pienyan
Goon
pienyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4478 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Post by pienyan »

votecount 3.17
MathBlade (4) - Lucky2u, Smocaine, Viomi, Transcend

Viomi (3) - Whiskers, MathBlade, TwoInAMillion
Whiskers (2) - I Am Innocent, Rhah
Nauci (2) - Flairs, Nero Cain
Smocaine (1) - AxleGreaser
Flairs (1) - Nauci

Not voting (0) -

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is November 9, 21:10 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2017-11-09 21:10:00).

Viomi is V/LA indefinitely.
Please call me "pie", "pienyan", or "piegirl(n)". TIA.
Yuri: the Purest Form of Love -rebirth- coming soon.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4479 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 4427, Flairs wrote:Viomi feels like reckless scum, particularly throughout page 172. She's heated and then is randomly on Whiskers? (I understand the heated part, not the Whiskers part though)
I have had an initial look at this,
Spoiler: I do have a problem though
I have walked a mile in shoes perhaps a bit like Viomi's
In masquerade i was in related situation.
Axle dead thread wrote:As I said real life impaled my head this game(masquerade). I realized way to late I really should have replaced out. That had an impact on my wordiness, I could see that in hindsight in my posting style just not while I was writing it.
I just have a thing against me replacing out except for a specific set of reasons.
(primarily unexpected absence, Eg: currently not considering signing up for any games as I know I will be going on a trip soonish.)
(I had never thought about whether an unexpected untimely death in family was in or out. Its now in.)
(A different somewhat expected death in the family I think wont be a problem... Its the unexpectedness that got me.)
Willingly going back to that state of mind to understand Viomis, "heated" mental process is not an easy voluntary decision. It still tilts me.
That said:

Spoiler: posts that i found relevant
Viomi's last reasons based read on Whiskers.
In post 4254, Viomi wrote:You won't get me for
Whiskers. He's one of the only people making sense in this game
Viomi's last "reasons" based scumlist.
In post 4261, Viomi wrote:You(Nero), Transcend, and maybe
smocain

My reasons have been given and are pretty obvious anyways.
Yep this is strong emotions based reaction to whiskers.
In post 4275, Viomi wrote:[..whiskers stuff..]
Shut. The. Fuck. Up.
Then this question to Nero. And sure he could be looking to settle? From exhaustion? And cant suggest to Nero a list including Nero.
In post 4290, Viomi wrote:Fine.

Which do you think is more likely to be scum,
Whiskers
, Nauci, or Transcend?
But
why
Whiskers
?
why nauci
What happened to
smocain
as an option?
Esp Given 20 mins earlier:
In post 4254, Viomi wrote:You won't get me for Whiskers. He's one of the only people making sense in this game.
I can't even think he started from here as smocaine was a lynch option they shared.
In post 4244, Nero Cain wrote:Nauci-I'm not doing Flaris today, pick one of

MathBlade
Viomi
Smocaine

Whiskers
Nauci
Can above? explain the whiskers bit of it?

TLDR: I cant find a line of reasoning (emotive or rational) whereby he didn't just straight somehow forget he recently claimed he would not be got to vote whiskers.

I think Viomis was not all that certain what Viomis reads were.
and then
Why even ask nero?

I still have more questions than answers about the stuff on page 172.

I hope sleeping on that will bring clarity.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4480 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:19 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 4479, AxleGreaser wrote:Then this question to Nero. And sure he could be looking to settle? From exhaustion? And cant suggest to Nero a list including Nero.
In post 4290, Viomi wrote:Fine.

Which do you think is more likely to be scum,
Whiskers
, Nauci, or Transcend?
But
why
Whiskers
?
why nauci
What happened to
smocain
as an option?
Esp Given 20 mins earlier:
In post 4254, Viomi wrote:You won't get me for Whiskers. He's one of the only people making sense in this game.
TLDR: I cant find a line of reasoning (emotive or rational) whereby he didn't just straight somehow forget he recently claimed he would not be got to vote whiskers.

I think Viomis was not all that certain what Viomis reads were.
and then
Why even ask nero?
I like this.
this is a good catch. `
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4481 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 4372, MathBlade wrote: Let's assume this is what Whiskers thinks.

Believing trans people don't exist is evil and despicable. However through love is how hearts get changed. Throughout this entire game people have been calling me they or he. No one here in their heart of hearts believes I am female because I have boobs. Calling someone a nazi doesn't actually make them change. It makes them go "I am not a nazi, Hitler is evil, and my opinion is justified".
FWIW Math, I am entirely in the same boat on the issue. I am *always* willing to engage someone who disagrees, so long as they're willing to engage in good faith.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4482 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:43 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 4472, Nero Cain wrote:So you are using my words against me. Cute.
How is it using your words against you? I'm so lost.

You asked me what I think of that post. I told you that my initial impressions before were to scum read you for throwing shade at something I view as a legitimate scum hunting tactic. I'm not even calling you scum now, just explaining my thoughts earlier.

The fact that you then misdirected it as me reacting to a different post of yours is ??? Like, I was 100% reacting to what you said about Flub's question to you, and it has nothing to do with what you said about cabd, what any of us believe about the actual number of scum in this game, or anything else.

Like it's obvious which part I considered to be "throwing shade" and I feel like I've quite clearly explained my reactions and thoughts, and it takes active effort to misconstrue me.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4483 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Post by Nauci »

@ #4470 I thought Viomi was asking what Nero's scum reads were, not necessarily considering them?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4484 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4482, Nauci wrote:How is it using your words against you? I'm so lost.
I mean, your whole thing is that you are claiming that he was reaction testing me and that he was trying to get me to slip. In I literally say "it feels almost kinda he was trying to setup me up for "slipping"." and here you come along "oh yeah, he was trying to get you to slip." Like how the fuck is that
NOT
trying to throw my own words back at me?
I also think its fishy that you apparently thought this but forgot to post about it. And I don't think its all consistent with his words.
In post 1566, Flubbernugget wrote:It was a stupid question. I should have followed my own advice
I'm not a big fan of you misrepping a dead town (that can't chime in) to retroactively explain why you were scumreading me.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4485 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4481, Nauci wrote:
In post 4372, MathBlade wrote: Let's assume this is what Whiskers thinks.

Believing trans people don't exist is evil and despicable. However through love is how hearts get changed. Throughout this entire game people have been calling me they or he. No one here in their heart of hearts believes I am female because I have boobs. Calling someone a nazi doesn't actually make them change. It makes them go "I am not a nazi, Hitler is evil, and my opinion is justified".
FWIW Math, I am entirely in the same boat on the issue. I am *always* willing to engage someone who disagrees, so long as they're willing to engage in good faith.
FWIW I really don't want to talk about this anymore.

It's hard enough just reading the fucking thread ATM.

As it is I overslept and have to run to work I really don't want to see stuff like this. I know you mean well but I kinda just wanna play the game.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4486 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:15 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 4484, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4482, Nauci wrote:How is it using your words against you? I'm so lost.
I mean, your whole thing is that you are claiming that he was reaction testing me and that he was trying to get me to slip. In I literally say "it feels almost kinda he was trying to setup me up for "slipping"." and here you come along "oh yeah, he was trying to get you to slip." Like how the fuck is that
NOT
trying to throw my own words back at me?
I also think its fishy that you apparently thought this but forgot to post about it. And I don't think its all consistent with his words.
In post 1566, Flubbernugget wrote:It was a stupid question. I should have followed my own advice
I'm not a big fan of you misrepping a dead town (that can't chime in) to retroactively explain why you were scumreading me.
When the thread was going a million miles a minute I basically was struggling to just read everything, nevermind respond to each thing like that.

I am agreeing with you that you that he was trying to set you up for slipping, but we disagree on server whether it was shady or towny. I don't think his own view of the post afterwards should be relevant to me expressing how I read that post at the time.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4487 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4486, Nauci wrote:I am agreeing with you that you that he was trying to set you up for slipping
I don't think that anymore. :/ I think it was a dumb question from a dum dum you know...like he said. I think your "he was reaction testing you! is junk.

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4488 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:56 am

Post by Nauci »

I mean in case it wasn't clear we've been talking about my reaction to those posts at the time

But I feel like that was clear
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4489 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Well sure but you failed to say anything so idk if I believe that but you also have language that makes it sound like you still believe it.

Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4490 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:56 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Nauci, you're alone on a vote with less than 2 days to go. How do you feel about that?
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4491 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:56 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Same question to Axle, while I would actually support that wagon, it does not look likely
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4492 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:29 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Do people really trust the people on the MB wagon? Viomi or Nauci is much better.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4493 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 4490, Lucky2u wrote:Nauci, you're alone on a vote with less than 2 days to go. How do you feel about that?
I feel like I don't know where to effectively put my vote because I am not going to vote a claimed jailkeeper and I am not voting Math because of how bizarrely sure Rhah is he's town. I also have whiskers on my town list.

So I'm waiting to see scum posting or a good case against somebody else.

Axle, thoughts? Are you still on smocaine?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4494 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:18 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 4492, TwoInAMillion wrote:Do people really trust the people on the MB wagon? Viomi or Nauci is much better.
Why are you willing to lynch a claimed jailer?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4495 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 4489, Nero Cain wrote:Well sure but you failed to say anything so idk if I believe that but you also have language that makes it sound like you still believe it.
I remember making posts about how I kept flip flopping reading you as scummy or Towny, but not remembering the exact posts for why.

It wasn't until the thread calmed down a bit and I could consistently read you pressuring people instead of all the bickering that I had a stabilized read on you.
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4496 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:24 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 4448, Whiskers wrote:
In post 4436, Flairs wrote:Huh. That would be worth a look if you can find any quotes
ok, here's the exchange:
Spoiler:
In post 3154, Lucky2u wrote:I am skipping over beeboy, Nero, HST, and Axle because they are furthest from the scum side of the spectrum for me and I don't like talking about my town reads in case they are wrong. If you push me on it, I'll talk about it but I don't think it's a good idea for town to tell unconf players that might be scum what they are doing right to get a town read from them.
In post 3167, MathBlade wrote: This post had me laughing out loud. If the entire point of not talking about your town reads is wrong then you wouldn't have listed them as Town reads like what? Furthermore by not justifying your townreads you're not able to have them poked and prodded to see where they are wrong. Like...????
In post 3301, Whiskers wrote:What??
Outting your townreads =/= writing out a lot of thoughts on your townreads.
In post 3307, MathBlade wrote:My point is the "damage" by outing townreads would be done st that point. There is no reason that they shouldn't be expanded upon. There is no "damage" by talking about town reads hence the quotes.
In post 3311, MathBlade wrote:@Whiskers -- I am thoroughly convinced the case against you is noise and Lucky + Flubber are a team. However I have found that it's generally better to explain my scumreads than defend my town ones.

Defending my town ones ends up with stopping people from making that read themselves. Instead I would rather point out how Lucky isn't reading and flubber is being well flubber.

But long story short,
In post 3319, Whiskers wrote:
In post 3311, MathBlade wrote:@Whiskers -- I am thoroughly convinced the case against you is noise and Lucky + Flubber are a team. However I have found that it's generally better to explain my scumreads than defend my town ones.

Defending my town ones ends up with stopping people from making that read themselves. Instead I would rather point out how Lucky isn't reading and flubber is being well flubber.
Hey wow it's almost like
In post 3154, Lucky2u wrote:I don't like talking about my town reads in case they are wrong. If you push me on it, I'll talk about it but I don't think it's a good idea for town to tell unconf players that might be scum what they are doing right to get a town read from them.
In post 3321, Lucky2u wrote:For those you playing along at home. What whiskers is saying here is that its incredibly ironic that MATHblade attacked me for not wanting to defend my town reads and then said he doesn't want to defend his own.
Wow alrighty then, I'm definitely thinking that MathBlade is the scum in that interaction. Seems like a slip.
In post 4460, Nauci wrote:
In post 4427, Flairs wrote: @Nauci- I never said I read ? Really confused about where you're getting that. I skimmed Day 3 before making a few posts and then went to sleep. I also definitely think you're using the word sheep wrong there, they were my reads I got from looking at Day 3.

...why wouldn't you read a recap post which explicitly stated what we mean by masons?!?!?!?!?!?!??

After saying you'd read it?

How do you say you've read Day 3 to make your vote on me and miss the post you explicitly said you would read?!?!?!?!?

What is that crock of bullshit?
I said I'd look at it, I literally never said I had already read it.

Anyways. I just went and read it, so I have a better sense about what went on on Day 2 and 1. (also- you posted it mid-day 2 if the VC I found was correct, so there is no way I would've been able to see it if I went through Day 3 . . .)

Everything past the VC 3.17 I can't look at rn but will check out when I have time
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4497 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4495, Nauci wrote:I remember making posts about how I kept flip flopping reading you as scummy or Towny, but not remembering the exact posts for why.
I feel like its a bit convenient that you had sorta weakly tunneled me for dayz on end and it's not until zero hour on d3 you had remembered why. TBF, you did say earlier that you were scumreading me for something I never even said or did.

TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4498 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:29 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Joey not targeting Cabd is a definate scumtell. Viomi's ATE is a scumtell.

I don't want to lynch claimed power roles but in this case I'd rather lynch a claim power roll than have a probable townie have to claim. The only other lynches I am interested in is Nero, you and Lucky.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4499 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

^
says the conf town that won't get shot b/c he's scums helper.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”