Mini 573 - Darkstalkers Mafia - Game over!

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:08 am

Post by RossWilliam »

springlullaby wrote:
Intentional lurking is not anti-town - it is annoying yes, but whether town or scum, lurkers know what they risk.

I don't agree with this one bit. Intentional lurking is
without a doubt
anti-town. It is witholding information, and intentionally making the job of the townies much much harder. Every post not made is another missed oppurtunity to pick up on scum tells. If you're scum, and you don't post, you can't ever mess up and give yourself away, eh? Lurking in any way shape or form is anti-town, and I think you're a little scummy for trying to paint it as something it's not.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

springlullaby wrote:Ross William and Alabaska are looking right scummy too. Ross seems unwilling to commit, and Alabaska's OMGUS vote in the middle of the road is ugly as sin.
I can at least understand your argument about me; I feel like I'll be getting some questions thrown at me soon, so we'll let them come and hopefully get that part cleared up.

I don't understand your case against Ross. You don't mention him at all in the rest of the post and I agree with RogueBen on this one; he seems solid to me. In addition to you comment about lurking, which doesn't make the least bit of sense unless you are defending your partner,
IGMEOY: springlullaby

And yes, before anyone points it out, that last part looks a little hypocritical as one could say it looks like I'm defending RossWilliam. Not so. There just happened to be a bad post that involved him.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by Rogueben »

springlullaby wrote:Intentional lurking is not anti-town - it is annoying yes, but whether town or scum, lurkers know what they risk.
This concerns me a lot. Either you have a very limited knowledge of mafia theory, or you are scum.
springlullaby wrote:All I see is a single act of lurkerhunting focalised on Ranger mixed with unwarranted 'look I did a 'meta' therefore I'm so not scummy'.
The meta is a very valid argument. Why is it that Ranger has decided for this game to make a stance when in many other games he has done nothing of the sort?
armix wrote:This comment wasn't phrased the best. What I meant was if Ranger showed back up and kept with the "Screw this, hate day starts, not posting" he should be considered for a lynch. Not if he just doesn't post and legitimately needs replacement.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:07 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

______
Lilith

VOTECOUNT #6

Alabaska J
(3) - gorckat, armlx, Rogueben

RangeroftheNorth
(1) - GhostWriter
Drunken Piper
(1) - springlullaby

Not voting
(7): ooba, RangeroftheNorth, DeanWinchester, Alabaska J, Sir Tornado, RossWilliam, Drunken Piper

Deadline is on
APRIL FOOLS' DAY

Needed to lynch a fool: 7 votes
If by deadline no one has 7 votes the fool is the player with more votes
If two fools share the top score of votes the foolest among them is decided by
duel
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:22 am

Post by armlx »

Meh, nothing has changed. Feels like Alabaska is scum who sorta dropped the ball on this game and is trying to get out of the hole by shirking attention based on bad arguments at this point.

You were out of it until the OMGUS vote, I'll give you that much.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by gorckat »

FoS: spring
for the intentional lurking statement.

I agree with the view that Ross has been non-committal.

There are a lot of people without recent posts. My work net was down the last two days and I haven't had much time to spare, for my own lagging.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:05 am

Post by springlullaby »

I expressed that badly what I meant was that intentional lurking is not anti-town in the sense that it doesn't automatically mean scum. In other words, even if it is annoying and doesn't actively help town, I believe it is a null tell. I already expressed the same view in previous posts.

Also note that what Ranger said was that he would skip the random stage, not that he wouldn't post at all. Benefit of the doubt, in phase of being proved untrue.

This is not at all a defense of Ranger, I just happen to think that the way Drunken Piper have been needling at the matter is scummy and absolutely not in line with the offense.
Alabaska wrote:I don't understand your case against Ross. You don't mention him at all in the rest of the post and I agree with RogueBen on this one; he seems solid to me. In addition to you comment about lurking, which doesn't make the least bit of sense unless you are defending your partner, IGMEOY: springlullaby.
My case is simple, I think Ross has not said anything of import and have yet to state a clear opinion.

Now:
-I don't mention you either in the rest of my posts, what does it have to do with anything? Why the disparity between your assessment of my suspicions of Ross and my suspicion of you?
-Please quantify why you think Ross is "solid'".
Rogueben wrote: The meta is a very valid argument. Why is it that Ranger has decided for this game to make a stance when in many other games he has done nothing of the sort?
It is a question you can ask, and I certainly won't answer in his place.
I just happen to believe that meta is not a 'very valid argument', unless you really know the person in question, maybe.

What I know for certain is, I happen to use meta extensively when I'm scum to make myself look good, and to pull craplogic on people.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:47 am

Post by springlullaby »

Also, Dead Rikimaru, that's Morrigan, not Lilith. :P

That's Lilith!

One more for cuteness.

<3<3<3<3<3!!
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

springlullaby wrote: What I know for certain is, I happen to use meta extensively when I'm scum to make myself look good, and to pull craplogic on people.
springlullaby wrote: What I know for certain is, I happen to use meta extensively when I'm scum to make myself look good, and to pull craplogic on people.
Please explain what was crap about my "case"?
I fact checked his first post and found it off base.

Seems to me that if you were of the town persuasion,
you might do some Foot work to see if my findings, rose to the occasion.

Also what have you done toward finding scum?
Thats right, you prefer defending lurkers, right chum?

FoS springlullaby

Also interested in hearing what ranger’s replacement has to say.
Especially thoughts on Spring, this day.
(hic)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Is there a button that lets me view all the posts by someone in a specific thread so I don't have to search for them? Thanks in advance.

Today's busy, will post more tomorrow definitely.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:39 am

Post by armlx »

Alabaska: Below the quick reply box is a pull down menu.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:46 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Rogueben wrote:
Ghost Writer

Says in his first post that he will not vote Ranger for the not posting thing. Votes him in his latest post, now that the wagon is pretty popular. If Ranger is scum then this is a possible partner.
In that first post, I said that I wouldn't place a vote solely on that one post of his. My vote was placed due to the fact that after he became a focal point of conversation, he himself did not join in.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

Ross hasn't voted since random voting stage, if that's what you mean, but I fail to see any other reason he's unwilling to commit. Cautiousness may just be his playstyle. I'm sure Drunken Piper's already done a meta, but if not, I'll do one right quick to see if he is being noncommittal in comparison. Also, he seems to stick with what he's said (although, admittedly, it's not very much). If you could explain what you meant by him being noncommittal a little more, maybe I could see where you're coming from a little better.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I think page six is still a little early to be committing to anything whole-heartedly. I like to be as close to sure as possible, and it's almost impossible to be like that this early in the game.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:27 am

Post by gorckat »

unvote
vote: Sir Tornado

Last post here: Mar 7
Total posts since Mar10: 17 (including one or two in WSOGMM)
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:08 am

Post by Rogueben »

GhostWriter wrote:
Rogueben wrote:
Ghost Writer

Says in his first post that he will not vote Ranger for the not posting thing. Votes him in his latest post, now that the wagon is pretty popular. If Ranger is scum then this is a possible partner.
In that first post, I said that I wouldn't place a vote solely on that one post of his. My vote was placed due to the fact that after he became a focal point of conversation, he himself did not join in.
I think that this is a valid argument (despite your defense), but it is conditional on Ranger being scum.

You say
Ghostwriter wrote:You yourself have done the irritating thing and earned yourself the fury of the votes that have no better place to go. myself won't be placing a vote on you solely because of that post.
which, assuming for the moment Ranger is scum, can be seen as coaching and it also allows yourself the opportunity to vote later (particularly the use of the word "solely").
Ghostwriter wrote:I strongly suggest you involve yourself in it further. Vote: Ranger, for the purpose of pushing the fact that you need to get in this.
Again, this has now become a popular wagon, and your reasons for jumping on it read a little insincere to me.

However, these are only considerations for the future, because it is one big conditional argument.

Mod: Can you prod Sir Tornado and DeanWinchester

If Dean does not post in the next couple of days I will seriously consider voting him. Seriously, 2 posts in the game so far, no useful content at all, and has acted like a yes man when he has posted.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:33 am

Post by armlx »

Rogueben wrote:

If Dean does not post in the next couple of days I will seriously consider
voting
having someone replace
him.
Fixed,
FOS Rogueben
for suggesting we do the mod's job for him.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:34 am

Post by armlx »

(same applies to Gorckat)
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Rogueben »

What? Have you read the rules armix.
Dead Rikimaru wrote:Prods will be sent by request of other players, or if an AC PM is not opened several days after it has been sent.
If you receive a Prod PM you are expected to post ingame.
Answering the PM is not necessary. If a player has not opened or has opened but ignored the prod several days after it has been sent I will start looking for replacement.
I have requested a prod as DW hasn't posted since the sixth and SirT hasn't posted since the 7th. 11-12 days without posting I think is quite worthy of asking for a prod, especially when the mod makes it clear that he isn't going to stop lurking as a playstyle (read Activity Checks, not required to post in the thread).

Do you really think that was worth an FoS, I think that is a particularly weak reason for any sort of suspicion.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:54 am

Post by armlx »

Prods are good.

Suggesting we lynch people who don't respond to prods is not.

Asking the mod to confirm someone picking up their prod, then if they aren't replaced and refuse to post proceeding to vote them is much better.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:54 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

springlullaby wrote:Also, Dead Rikimaru, that's Morrigan, not Lilith. :P
Actually that IS Lilith. She is using an alternative "Morrigan Palette". Just look closer at her body and you will see she is not of "Morrigan proportions". :P
Rogueben wrote:
Doing it in few minutes.

Replacement for Ranger is coming soon.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Flameaxe replaces RangeroftheNorth.
Thank you very much, Flameaxe.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Alabaska J »

@armlx: Thanks a bunch. I think I forgot to thank you in my post. Also, do you have an account at Sally? Cuz you look really familiar and I'm pretty sure that's where I've seen you before.

In addition, Rogueben, yeah I agree with armlx on this one. Wait for the prod response and a possible replacing to occur. RL can screw with things, and because of this, I view major lurkage like Dean's as a null tell until we can gather more info. Another thing that is bad about Dean's situation is that his lack of contribution makes him an easy target. Your post could be seen as scummy because of the fact that you are setting yourself up for voting for someone on conditions so that if they get lynched and turn up town you can say "well look at my post I said I'd vote him if he did this, and he did." Now, this being said, I don't think you had that intention; you were kinda just overzealously prodding. In gorckat's case, however, I normally would be okay with voting the lurker except that nothing in Sir Tornado's post scream "scum who messed up" so I think just a prod is all that is needed. Voting him is a tad overboard in my opinion; it's all too likely that this game just slipped down his watched topics.

In summation, I think FoSes are warranted in both cases, but more so in gorckat's case, so
FoS: gorckat
. Also, before anyone says anything, yeah this post kinda looks like me sucking up to armlx, but I just happen to be thanking him and agreeing with him in the same post, and I can't work out how to make it look less like pandering so deal with it :P.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I smell good times in the air. Doing a brief skim later, and then doing a better reread while I'm on vacation.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:29 am

Post by armlx »

Alabaska: Yeah, I do have an account there. I actually started playing mafia there then moved here as the games spawn 1ce in a never.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”