northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1294, Thor665 wrote:Your argument that scum are so comfortable with what ended up today being a pretty obvious and universal town read suggests either that;
A; scum are stupid (I'm not stupid scum, I've had ruddy manipulation noms multiple times - I've open claimed as scum and won the game. I am so much better at scum than the scum this game it is insulting to argue otherwise)
B; scum for some strange reason found other slots more threatening - which fails to justify your comfort concept.

And that's about it.
Scum are either blind, or had fears worse than a universal clear town read.
Your case isn't supportable as a stance.
why do i get the feeling from this that you didn't actually respond to my argument? first, my point is that scum went into day two and day three relatively comfortable. the pressure has obviously increased as both scum have made it to lylo and the night three kill represents an attempt to eliminate some of that pressure. next, how does the first poinst suggest either of those things? you'll have to explain that to me.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1299, Toto wrote:NSG I don't think Thor spends a lot of time defending this point if Luca is his partner.

Like he said, he would bus his partner. *ahem*
huh? i don't really get what you're trying to say here. also, i wouldn't put it past thor to throw out some heavy wifom before he's lynched, especially given that it doesn't seem like he's happy about being hard bussed by luca here.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Toto »

I meant UCV as his possible partner.

Where did he seem unhappy to you?
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1287, Thor665 wrote:Also, if UCV is town and I'm town or scum -
seriously, I'm being derp hard bussed, or the scum team is actively choosing to go up with terrible cases on me when they could sheep an actual functional case from me on UCV.

But there were zero takers.
That's too much derp in the town pool.
you don't read this as scum thor frustrated with how his buddy's been playing?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Toto »

I don't get the frustration, sounds like normal Thor. He is always seem grumpy about something.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1293, Thor665 wrote: I agree she's not bussing me ;)
But feel free to tell me who she's advancing *more* to lynch than me.
I'll wait.

Because if I'm her top scumspect....well...I'm kinda being bussed if I'm her partner, aren't I, Sherlock?
Until recently (pretty much when your slot became a lot cause) she was suspecting me every bit as much as she was suspecting you, and I would agree more so based on .

And there's a difference between 'bussing' and 'distancing', which is what she was doing.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

EBWOP: Lost cause
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Bleh, autocorrect: 'Agree' should be 'argue'.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1299, Toto wrote:NSG I don't think Thor spends a lot of time defending this point if Luca is his partner.

Like he said, he would bus his partner. *ahem*
That's totally what I'm doing - help me do it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1298, northsidegal wrote:it's not paranoid - it's thinking one level higher than your opponents. you said it yourself, you're good at this game. you obviously have the self-awareness and gamesense to recognize typical scum distancing behavior, it's not so much of a stretch to say that you could go one further and deliberately avoid the "textbook" or "wiki" as a strategy.
Okay.
Just as long as you agree that you're looking for higher levels of play and suspecting the unexpected or non normal I feel my point holds fine.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1300, northsidegal wrote:first, my point is that scum went into day two and day three relatively comfortable. the pressure has obviously increased as both scum have made it to lylo and the night three kill represents an attempt to eliminate some of that pressure.
How did that kill reduce pressure in a way that a Toto kill would not?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by Toto »

are you.... TRYING TO SEEM SCUMMY, it makes no since!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1305, Luca Blight wrote:Until recently (pretty much when your slot became a lot cause) she was suspecting me every bit as much as she was suspecting you, and I would agree more so based on 1163.
She had me as higher before that.
And she had me as higher after.
So at best you are debating with me that at some stage I was not her theory primary target and thus I'm not being bussed?
Sure - you do you.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1312, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1305, Luca Blight wrote:Until recently (pretty much when your slot became a lot cause) she was suspecting me every bit as much as she was suspecting you, and I would agree more so based on 1163.
So at best you are debating with me that at some stage I was not her theory primary target and thus I'm not being bussed?
Sure - you do you.
'Bussing' would be actively pushing your lynch - show me where she was doing that before recently.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1311, Toto wrote:are you.... TRYING TO SEEM SCUMMY, it makes no since!
Dude, you're going to lynch me. Don't expect me to try to make you feel better about it by pretending your tells are interesting or worthy of sensible debate.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1313, Luca Blight wrote:
Sure - you do you.
'Bussing' would be actively pushing your lynch - show me where she was doing that before recently.
For the sake of *this* comical hair splitting.
Define "recently".
Because you're already agreeing I'm right within a given time frame - define the time frame you're denying I'm right in.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1315, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1313, Luca Blight wrote:
Sure - you do you.
For the sake of *this* comical hair splitting.
Define "recently".
Because you're already agreeing I'm right within a given time frame - define the time frame you're denying I'm right in.
Recently - Literally since you've been online.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by Thor665 »

So, what, you mean like the last few hours?
Yeah - she's been pushing me before then, derp.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Like, remember the thing you just quoted about us being a scum team?
Remember our conversation *yesterday* in that ancient time covered in dust and forgetfulness due to the passage of the ages?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1310, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1300, northsidegal wrote:first, my point is that scum went into day two and day three relatively comfortable. the pressure has obviously increased as both scum have made it to lylo and the night three kill represents an attempt to eliminate some of that pressure.
toto's reads weren't clear upon his replacing in, and thus scum couldn't know the effect killing him would have. given the unknown result and the known result with relatively equal benefits (probably more scum benefit for killing lucca, from what i understand he does a lot of lategame gamesolving), scum would choose the known result.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Thor, despite being a Mafiascum player since '09, seems to have trouble differentiating between 'distancing' and 'bussing'.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1319, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1310, Thor665 wrote:
toto's reads weren't clear upon his replacing in, and thus scum couldn't know the effect killing him would have. given the unknown result and the known result with relatively equal benefits (probably more scum benefit for killing lucca, from what i understand he does a lot of lategame gamesolving), scum would choose the known result.
So, scum, feeling the pressure - killed something that was causing no pressure to avoid changing the set situation?
This actually sounds like you're returning to the comfort stance - which I already argued about, and you claimed wasn't your stance.
In post 1320, Luca Blight wrote:Thor, despite being a Mafiascum player since '09, seems to have trouble differentiating between 'distancing' and 'bussing'.
How do you define the difference without any votes in play?
And, I note that you're now shifting your claim to needing subjective value calls on NSG's play - since you know the factual evidence supports my stance.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I know one of you has to be scum - but I swear, whichever of you is town is a ruddy brick wall in the head.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by Toto »

Maybe scum didn't kill me because they thought:

1) town!UCV would go after me (I didn't explain the blackvoid thing until today)
2) I would go after town!UCV / town!NSG given my calling them scumfucks in twilight
3) They thought my reads were shit. They were probably right.
4) They could link me to scum!deimos given I asked to wait for him
5) They really didn't think about it
6) They thought they had a good motive to ping the lucca death on someone (hi NSG).
6) Wifom

In other words, it is useless to have these type of discussions. If you are going to learn anything from this newbie, let it be that NK analysis is a fucking waste of time. Thanks.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Bussing, without votes in play, would be actively trying to lynch your scum partner.

If Thor and NSG are scum partners and she says 'I think Thor and Luca are the scumteam' that is not bussing - she isn't even advocating your lynch over mine. It's distancing, and pretty mild distancing at best.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”