Newbie 1826 Basketball Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1405, Luca Blight wrote:1. No, even if you'd said 'bussing' instead of 'hard-bussing' I wouldn't have agreed with you. Bussing would be like what you're doing with UCV if you're partners - you are genuinely trying to get your partner lynched - the same doesn't apply to what NSG was doing if she was your partner. But if it stops this tedious discussion from continuing, then fine - you can be right on this one.

2. Maybe you have time to read and re-read everyone's ISO in minute detail, but I don't at the moment. Perhaps later I will have a bit of time, but I'm not sure why you don't just save everyone time and directly quote what it is you're referring to.

3. So what made you decide he is obv scum instead of lynchbait?

4. You considered the idea of lynching someone else, fine. You still chose to vote UCV regardless though and your current position seems to be that you're not budging from that vote.

5. Meh.

6. UCV? With a pinch of salt, perhaps. Toto seems a pretty reasonable player though and is certainly not coming to any rash conclusions.

7. Part of the problem is that whenever you do respond you are behind the play and a lot of what you are talking about loses relevance, hence why I asked for the discussion to be dropped. If this was a debating game then sure, I'd debate with you endlessly as you seem to enjoy doing, but so much of what you're saying isn't pertinent to what's actually going on in the game, nor is it helping me or presumably others ascertain a clearer read on you.
1. Riiiight.
2. Frankly I was trying to get a reaction out of you either standing behind your ISO read being right (in which case I could catch you as a liar) or admitting that you did a shoddy job )which...eh, can be potentially read either way but I'd have probably called a town tell) instead you went with this middle road option.
3. Analysis of play, VCA, and other reads. Unless you're saying that I should have scum read Toto or thought Luca/NSG was a good team theory.
4. Okay, so now we agree I assessed the situation so you're moving the goalposts to complain that I'm confident on a vote that, if you are town, you now know is on scum. Cry me a river - my play must be terrible :roll:
5. Meh to you also.
6. Thus proving my point even if you struggle not to admit it. For instance, you now have to admit UCV is scum, but before you were arguing him as town and were peeved that I didn't follow Toto's plan - I just proved that a non-confirmed slot can have potentially superior reads to a confirmed one. You're welcome.
7. I find that to be an issue with the rest of you, frankly. I understand the logical flaw there - but I stand by the statement that their is no case on me, so all of you having trouble reading me are, methinks, doing something wrong.
In post 1406, Toto wrote:Thor - thanks for pointing out all the inacuracies and logical fallacies in my statements. Can you now tell me who is scum between Luca and NSG, and also explain those reads? Ill keep repeating this until you either do that or I dont give a damn about this game anymore and vote you.
I've answered the question twice now - what part of my answer confuses you?
Also, in light of the UCV result - I endorse the one you don't.
In post 1406, Toto wrote:UCV is now confirmed scum to you. Show me all the scummy stuff he has done, as well as Rc and zemaj.
I've already discussed the scummy stuff - you called it Newbie stuff.
What part of *that* answer didn't you understand?
In post 1411, Toto wrote:If you are town we can chat about this after the game.
I look forward to it.
In post 1412, Toto wrote:My problem with Thor is that he is spending a lot of time arguing definitions, and talking about the logic of certain statements.

Apparently this is how Thor reads people, but this is also a good place to hide by scum as it is a lot easier for them to talk and argue about objective facts (Logic, Definitions, Etc) than it is to express subjective opinions and emotions they don't really believe or feel.
You have caught me.
I am arguing logic, talking about objective facts, and not using emotions to vote.

How dare I?
What the hell? You're literally describing good play and complaining that I'm doing it.
In post 1430, northsidegal wrote:if we take it that ucv is town then the scumteam has to be thor/luca, yes?
From your perspective, yes.
In post 1445, Toto wrote:Hey guys. I think we should get Thor’s opinion on that one first.
Lynching me or UCV?
I support lynching UCV.
Putting me at L-1 to test NSG?
It's the same as lynching me tomorrow instead of her as far as game testing - so it's just a question of whether you want to accelerate the game to its endstage.
I don't support it due to knowing my alignment and not hers, but it's the same as lynching me, so if you're going to do that tomorrow regardless then doing it now is the same thing.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by Toto »

Thor,

I'm going to make this easy:

1) Suppose we lynch UCV today, I get NKed, you somehow get to choose the lynch tomorrow, gun to your head, who would you choose? Possible answers: [a) NSG, b) Luca]

For bonus town points:

2) Explain why. (extra town points if it exceeds 140 characters)
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

gosh. this just became English class
so...i don't get enough sleep
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

NSG, I can see you're active on the site but have suddenly turned very quiet here.

Are you reconsidering your UCV read at all? Don't keep us in the dark.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:39 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1470, UC Voyager wrote:I love how Luca Blight has been lock-town me using meta for his reasoning and gut until he thinks he can pull off a UCV miss lynch!
He says my scum partner is NSG. I put Clemency at l-1 day 2 and had a decent case on the slot! The slot also voted me and was part of my wagon. How would that make since?
If I were scum. The only person who could be my partner is thor, you now.
Why would you vote your partner when a Thor miss lynch would have been 20 times easier?
This leaves Thor
Why would Thor be scum reading me throughout day 2 to now? Of me/Thor were scum. Why buss in a position like this? When we could have easily miss lynched NSG?
1) Your first line makes no sense - I townread you before NSG did during this game day and I changed my mind about your slot on my own initiative. If you want to directly challenge any of my reasoning behind my switch then go ahead.

2) Your view on Clemency has been weird all game. Thor is still a viable partner for you, but absolutely so is Clemency/NSG.

3) You haven't voted NSG today and have instead voted Thor.

4) You couldn't have 'easily' mislynched NSG if Thor is your partner.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:42 am

Post by Luca Blight »

The question has to be asked: Is UCV behaving like a Townie who knows for certain the identity of the scumteam?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:02 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Btw, the silence from NSG on UCV really is deafening - it's like she knows she's put all her eggs into the basket of townreading her partner, which probably seemed a safe plan after my initial townreading of UCV, but now she's being made to justify her townread by everyone in the game she doesn't know what to do.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:54 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1479, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1470, UC Voyager wrote:I love how Luca Blight has been lock-town me using meta for his reasoning and gut until he thinks he can pull off a UCV miss lynch!
He says my scum partner is NSG. I put Clemency at l-1 day 2 and had a decent case on the slot! The slot also voted me and was part of my wagon. How would that make since?
Why would you vote your partner when a Thor miss lynch would have been 20 times easier?
This leaves Thor
Why would Thor be scum reading me throughout day 2 to now? Of me/Thor were scum. Why buss in a position like this? When we could have easily miss lynched NSG?
1) Your first line makes no sense - I townread you before NSG did during this game day and I changed my mind about your slot on my own initiative. If you want to directly challenge any of my reasoning behind my switch then go ahead.

2) Your view on Clemency has been weird all game. Thor is still a viable partner for you, but absolutely so is Clemency/NSG.

a majority of the players thought that NSG and a majority still do! it would have been easy to get that third vote!

What do you mean "is he acting like townie who knows sxum team?"

I put clemency to l-1 several times and was willing t lynch her! i made a case on her earlier today! i don't like to buss unless it is completely necessary, so nothing before now would point to nsg being my partner!
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:56 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1479, Luca Blight wrote:
This leaves Thor

also, i have voted thor because he is conf scum to me. your also conf scum. why vote someone who is conf town?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:20 am

Post by Luca Blight »

NSG has only been 'conf town' to you since I voted you - before that you were 'convinced' she was scum but didn't vote her.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:21 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1484, Luca Blight wrote:NSG has only been 'conf town' to you since I voted you - before that you were 'convinced' she was scum but didn't vote her.
because Thor was all ready conf scum and i was considering you as a possible scum buddy!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:25 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Anyway, it literally is pointless debating with someone who not only raises one nonsensical point after another, but who I also know to be scum.

The only question is who your partner is, and I'm still leaning NSG on that one.

P:edit: that's just BS - according to you earlier you were convinced of a NSG/Thor scumteam - don't try to rewrite history.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:26 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1486, Luca Blight wrote:Anyway, it literally is pointless debating with someone who not only raises one nonsensical point after another, but who I also know to be scum.

The only question is who your partner is, and I'm still leaning NSG on that one.

P:edit: that's just BS - according to you earlier you were convinced of a NSG/Thor scumteam - don't try to rewrite history.
But I knew for a fact that Thor was scum. Why vote outside of conf scum?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:33 am

Post by Luca Blight »

After Thor voted you, yes it is acceptable for you to return the vote, but don't make out you were considering me as his partner before my vote on you - you were convinced of a Thor/NSG scumteam as I said.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:52 am

Post by Luca Blight »

And I stand by my view that you are not acting like a townie who knows the identity of the scumteam - every post you make is reactionary and defensive.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 4.02Image

UC Voyager (2)

Thor665 (1)
, L-2

Not Voting (2)
, ,

Day Four deadline is Saturday November 16th, 11 PM PST. (expired on 2017-11-16 21:00:00)

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:16 am

Post by Toto »

Sigh.

This 1v1 only tells me uc is a newb.

This is what I was afraid, Thor. If you are scum that was a good play. Congrats.

Uc has all the symtoms of scum here. He is trying to convince luca he is town. If he is town Luca knows this already, and everything Luca and Thor do would look very scummy for him. But he is not telling me what those things are.

Uc if you dont do anythig townie in the next 24 hours Im going to lynch you. Lurking is not an option. For god sake if you are town make ar least one townie post this game.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

here! i will do your little assignment you assigned to thor, but make it for me!
lets say i get thor lynched
a) NSG
b)Luca

i chose B)Luca because he is confirmed scum to me! Since he joined game, he has been trying to be friendly with us. he lock-town me and his only reason was because he had a gut feeling! He plays through pushing a NSG lynch. Thor had one vote on him. He had also been saying NSG/Thor, NSG/Thor, NSG/Thor! When i was voting for Thor, he didn't! He actually voted for me after i voted Thor and switched to UCV/NSG! huge 180! He says that im not "shit posting" enough to match my meta. In brief response, i don't shit post in most of the games i play in. this was a crappy reason because he was saying i matched my town meta earlier! the Luca slot was on my wagon instantly day 2! Spartan117 made a case, so demios repeated it with a little bit more information! Do you not find it scummy that he was scum reading Thor and town reading me, but voted for me? because he was trying to separate himself from Thor and realized he had a chance of winning by day 4! Now i still think his case on me isn't that good.

NSG
Thor and Luca should e conf scum to you! as the team possibilities have boiled down to UCV/NSG & Luca/Thor
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1489, Luca Blight wrote:And I stand by my view that you are not acting like a townie who knows the identity of the scumteam - every post you make is reactionary and defensive.
yes. they kind of are! but that is because If the town realizes im town, you guys have to be scum! so im trying to make a defense to why i am not scum! If i am not scum, then the scum team is fairly obvious!

right now im under a shitton of pressure! the fate of the game rests on me! I hope i can save the town from losing!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

1) It was not only 'gut feeling' for my initial townreading of you - I gave clear reasons why I townread you in .

2) Yes, I said you matched your town meta earlier (to be fair I haven't seen much of your scum meta) but during this game day you have been lurking in the shadows - that is not your town meta, and I expressed suspicion of this even when I was townreading you in .

3) You can't accuse me of being scummy for doing a '180' on you when you've completely ignored the reasons I gave for changing my mind in the first place.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I also want it to be noted that NSG is *still* active on site yet is *still* avoiding this game.

The reason I find this particularly suspicious is because I just had a game where NSG replaced into a scum slot right at the very end and didn't post anything, and later said her lurking was a genuine strategy to keep the heat off of her.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1478, Luca Blight wrote:NSG, I can see you're active on the site but have suddenly turned very quiet here.

Are you reconsidering your UCV read at all? Don't keep us in the dark.
In post 1481, Luca Blight wrote:Btw, the silence from NSG on UCV really is deafening - it's like she knows she's put all her eggs into the basket of townreading her partner, which probably seemed a safe plan after my initial townreading of UCV, but now she's being made to justify her townread by everyone in the game she doesn't know what to do.
i've been busy and i don't see how anything i've done could be called silence. due to circumstances i can't discuss the in-depth meta read of ucv i had hoped to make is not possible but everything i've said previously still stands?
In post 1491, Toto wrote:Sigh.

This 1v1 only tells me uc is a newb.

This is what I was afraid, Thor. If you are scum that was a good play. Congrats.

Uc has all the symtoms of scum here. He is trying to convince luca he is town. If he is town Luca knows this already, and everything Luca and Thor do would look very scummy for him. But he is not telling me what those things are.

Uc if you dont do anythig townie in the next 24 hours Im going to lynch you. Lurking is not an option. For god sake if you are town make ar least one townie post this game.
what caused this change in opinion? i think you're making a serious mistake here. i want to give some context to the back and forths that have been had and just this situation in general - if we take it that ucv is town he is now in a 2v1 with two of the better mafia players on the site as a scumteam. i would trust that they have the skill - especially up against a newbie like ucv - to take almost any exchange and come out of it favorably. to get clearer reads look through the thread at previous posts when scum had less of an active agenda.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1495, Luca Blight wrote:I also want it to be noted that NSG is *still* active on site yet is *still* avoiding this game.

The reason I find this particularly suspicious is because I just had a game where NSG replaced into a scum slot right at the very end and didn't post anything, and later said her lurking was a genuine strategy to keep the heat off of her.
i haven't been avoiding this game - in addition to just being busy i've been treating it as carefully as i possibly can.

i can talk a bit about that game vs this one and why the strategy i employed there is completely different than anything going on here, if you'd like.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1496, northsidegal wrote:i've been busy and i don't see how anything i've done could be called silence. due to circumstances i can't discuss, the in-depth meta read of ucv i had hoped to make is not possible, but everything i've said previously still stands.
this wasn't as legible as i wanted to be so here's a cleaner version.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1494, Luca Blight wrote:1) It was not only 'gut feeling' for my initial townreading of you - I gave clear reasons why I townread you in .

2) Yes, I said you matched your town meta earlier (to be fair I haven't seen much of your scum meta) but during this game day you have been lurking in the shadows - that is not your town meta, and I expressed suspicion of this even when I was townreading you in .

3) You can't accuse me of being scummy for doing a '180' on you when you've completely ignored the reasons I gave for changing my mind in the first place.
In post 1495, Luca Blight wrote:I also want it to be noted that NSG is *still* active on site yet is *still* avoiding this game.

LURKING!?!?!

holy shit, it isn't like i have the highest amount of posts or anything! not today, but throughout this entire game, i have been active and been contributing!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”