Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 200, Dunkerdoodles wrote:(5) Kokochi Oma: Lapsa, Lord Gurgi, northsidegal, mozamis, Impede L-2!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by Transcend »

I've only read two pages

Page 1 and this one
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by Transcend »

Well last one
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 66, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 65, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Nero, why'd you vote Impede? You quoted yourself which makes me think it was serious, and I'm wondering what you're basing it on?
My vote is semi-serious. I don't really have any strong reads yet. I mean I have all sort of gut reads but nothing I'd be willing to bet on yet.
In post 4, Impede wrote:Hi everyone! Stoked to be first.
I think sometimes scum make little cheerful friendlish posts like these.
In post 25, Impede wrote:
In post 23, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 12, Impede wrote:
In post 8, Nero Cain wrote:
policy daykill: Kokichi Oma
Quote for effect
Why?
In post 12, Impede wrote:for effect
I actually did not kinda like this. I really hate players that claim scum but I do believe that Oma was just "trying to start the game". Anyways, Impede sheeping my lols policy daykill and not really using any words kinda made me feel weird. Like did he think Oma was scummy? What?
In post 49, Impede wrote:Make up your mind. I wasn't the one who suggested a PL on you page 1.

I still don't know what you were hoping to achieve. I can't see any response to that, organic or fabricated, being AI... especially because anyone in their right mind already suspects that you only posted it to stir the pot, so any reactions you get are WIFOM.
Kinda didn't like him getting all up in Oma's grill.
In post 59, Impede wrote:Not to be devil's advocate, but tunneling is a valid town strategy too
Is this scum that knows Lord Gurgi is town? Also its like he's playing both sides from the middle and I can see scum making a post like that.

Quoting my vote was just making fun of his quoting my policy daykill but I think my vote is kinda comfy and I'ma ride here for a bit until the next shiny object catches my attention.
In post 75, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 41, Impede wrote:
In post 39, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 37, northsidegal wrote:
In post 36, Kokichi Oma wrote:Because he didn't even say anything about it, just voted.
how does that make it opportunistic, or scummy? other people did the same thing or something similar, would you say the same thing about them?
Nero's vote didn't seem fabricated to me. And his was the second vote. Soooo~
Did you neglect to read your first post? You basically baited everyone in this entire game. If anyone is sus, I'd be more inclined to think it's you.
In post 49, Impede wrote:
In post 46, Kokichi Oma wrote:I just wanted to see who would have a weird reaction, and I think I found the person.
Make up your mind. I wasn't the one who suggested a PL on you page 1.

I still don't know what you were hoping to achieve. I can't see any response to that, organic or fabricated, being AI... especially because anyone in their right mind already suspects that you only posted it to stir the pot, so any reactions you get are WIFOM.
In post 44, Impede wrote:
In post 43, Kokichi Oma wrote: So baiting people to see their reactions is scummy? Got it.
Why would scum react to that post???

"Oh ok, sounds good Kokichi. Thank you for the heads up!"
So why bark at him for 3 posts if its WIFOM and you are leaning newbtown?
In post 74, Impede wrote:when we could instead focus on more promising scumreads.
Who are they?
In post 78, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 76, Impede wrote:It's not smart play and he was trying to defend his position against northsidegal's questioning.
I think this comes from scum alot. Attacking bad or poor play to make themselves look useful but it serves no purpose in scumhunting. I like my vote.
In post 84, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 78, Nero Cain wrote:look useful
In post 78, Nero Cain wrote:serves no purpose in scumhunting
of course you might argue that you were scumhunting but you were already said that you were leaning newbtown so...
In post 85, Nero Cain wrote:and honestly? , and don't give me any scum hunting vibes. They just seem like you fussing at KO for "not smart play" but you've already admitted to that so....

Can you explain what the town motivation is here?
In post 217, Nero Cain wrote:attractive saleswoman: We're so glad you could join us on the mafiascum shopping channel. Today we have a very special guest for you, mafiascums very own Nero Cain!

Nero: Thank you for having me here today.

attractive saleswoman: I'm told that you have exciting news for us.

Nero: That's right! I'm here to offer you guys a one-time limited offer on a scum lynch. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy. All you have to do is type V-O-T-E I-M-P-E-D-E and bold it by using either the vote button or wrapping it in the BB code.

attractive saleswoman: And don't forget the colon after the word vote

Nero: It should look like
vote: Impede
This is a great offer. Its low risk and high reward and it comes with some great benefits. Firstly you'll get the adrenaline rush of being right and I'll be extremely grateful. Not only that, we'll be down one scum and closer to a town win.

attractive saleswoman: So you get the adrenaline rush, your gratitude, and a scum down all for a vote on impede? I don't know about anyone else but that is a
great
deal.

Nero: I know right? You'd have to be a
complete
moron to pass this deal up.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

be on of the next 4 voters and you get town cred
absolutely free

attractive saleswoman: Wait, hold on. Did you just make an already great deal even better? Nero, I have to ask, are you crazy.

Nero: When it comes to lynching scum perhaps.
In post 238, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 237, Impede wrote:Nero, mind explaining why you're back on the Impede wagon?
I never left.
In post 237, Impede wrote:Not a very towny way to get a wagon formed.
:igmeou:

not really linking the limp-wristed pushback.
In post 241, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 229, mozamis wrote:but what is the case on impede?
the case on Impede is pretty much the same thing it was on page 4.

though I guess I will add that
In post 83, Impede wrote:I'm curious to hear how questioning anti-town play is scummy.
In post 96, Impede wrote:I definitely wasn't scumhunting with those posts
seem like a contridiction.
In post 192, Impede wrote:
In post 186, Kokichi Oma wrote:How is it scummy? Read that contradiction within his whole post.
I have to agree that this is really a stretch. I saved you the time of pointing out the contradiction by
pointing it out myself
. I even qualified the entire thing by saying you could be annoyed town.

The very fact that you'd jump on this with a statement like "this one needs rope" is so incredibly scummy.

VOTE: Kokichi
KO at L-2
(provided I'm not terrible at math)
I'm also not really a big fan of the "It's not a contradiction 'cause I already pointed it out!" argument. The bolded seems kinda hollow. I felt like the vote was a bit opportunistic and the area of his vote (as is yours) seems like prime real estate for a scum vote.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Transcend wrote:
In post 267, Shinobi wrote:Transcend is confirmed mafia until further notice.

Let's all abandon these wagons now and go back to lynching ASP so we can lynch Transcend afterwards.

Pedit: lol?
Lining up lynches

:Lethinque:
You managed to use two buzzwords to completely dodge the point.
Well done.
I'm so impressed.

I'm a little weirded out by Nero's attack here as well - it seemed to have come out of nowhere and I don't particularly understand it. I'm putting him into null from my earlier townlean.

Pedit:
Nero Cain wrote:but real talk Shinobi, it's not like my reasons for voting impede are reasonless. So why are you trying to strongarm a not impede lynch as opposed to debating my reasons?
Honestly it's not even your reasoning that I'm attacking - it's the fact that people just kind of sheeped you after you posted some nonsense sales pitch. I remember there being reasons for Impede but the wagon really only showed up after you posted...That. I'll take another look at your case but the way people hopped on with you looked downright ridiculous.

I also believe I'm avoiding a KO lynch right now as well, so don't think it's just you I'm not following.

Ppedit: Okay I get it let me read stuff for a second jeez.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by Transcend »

Shoot: Shinobi

I don't think I've used a day vig power this fast

But this flips red
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 279, Shinobi wrote:some nonsense sales pitch.
my sales pitch was gold. TBH, it could have been better but I got tired writing it.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by Transcend »

I LOLed at 217
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I remember talking about how that early stuff on Impede wasn't bad, though I might disagree with the point you made about him questioning anti-town play and not scumhunting being a contradiction.
The posts you came up with after that aren't useful - he does have a point about the wagon being kinda mediocre after the fact but that doesn't really dissuade that the early stuff was pretty good.

I also took a second look at his responses and kind of thought they were fine so I put him on the backburner. He basically admitted to just being kinda out there and worked on making some reads. I think he needs to post a comprehensive reads list ASAP because the day is ending and it'll probably solidify a few things.

Also, ASP is voting him for some nonexistent reason which makes that wagon hard to hop on to.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, if we're going to talk about Impede, let's talk about ASP. I don't recall you saying anything about him when he made his second vote post (which is the only one he bothered to reason out) and how mafia it is.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Shinobi »

So I didn't really sum it up but my summary is that he's someone I'm open to lynching unless he steps up a little bit. At the very least, I'd lynch him over KO if I had to.
I think ASP needs a lot more attention than he's getting and Transcend writing him off as a vanity wagon is pissing me off.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 283, Shinobi wrote:though I might disagree with the point you made about him questioning anti-town play and not scumhunting being a contradiction.
I think it is. If he's saying "hey, I'm questioning this anti-town play" he's arguing that he's scumhunting. Then he caved in to pressure and was like "opps, I wasn't scumhunting, just barking at him."

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, TBF, ASP did give his reasoning and I can understand it.
In post 246, A Simple Plan wrote:and I dislike the high and mighty "I hope you're ready to get scumread..." in 237. Classic Scumstrat.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Are you understanding it because he's agreeing with you or what else is it?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

he's saying that it was scummy of Impede to threaten Flavor and Sunlight with being scumreads.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, sure, I'm biased but that still makes sense to me. Tell me why that's not scummy and why it's bad reasoning from ASP?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 280, Transcend wrote:But this flips red
so I'm prob wasting my words, right?

Why do you not like my Impede case?

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by Shinobi »

The reason those two hopped onto the wagon was seemingly because of the sales pitch.
As amusing as it was, it wasn't exactly an iron-clad case and it seems kind of incorrect to say that those two were in the right and that Impede shouldn't have called them out for it.
Then ASP came by and called him scum for calling them out.

It seems like a paper thin excuse to call someone scum because Impede calling them out made sense. What else would he have done in that situation?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Transcend »

you might've cased a lynchbait imo. some of his posts in that case were ~scummy~ but idrt any of them were ~scum~ if you know what i mean
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I'm going to bed.
Impede or ASP explaining things would make this a lot easier.

Pedit: Yeah, maybe. I'll think it over during the day and come back later.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by Transcend »

but then again your perspective on tis game is probably a lot more broader than mine
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Post by Transcend »

i took away grammar's virginity because i fucked it
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 294, Transcend wrote:but then again your perspective on tis game is probably a lot more broader than mine
Tbh I'd appreciate it if you came up with some good analysis on the two of them.
If you want, KO is the only other lynch for today that's probably going to happen.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 296, Shinobi wrote:
In post 294, Transcend wrote:but then again your perspective on tis game is probably a lot more broader than mine
Tbh I'd appreciate it if you came up with some good analysis on the two of them.
If you want, KO is the only other lynch for today that's probably going to happen.
you acknowledge that the lynch is going to be between impede/kokichi

yet here you are still vanity voting

rofl
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 297, Transcend wrote:
In post 296, Shinobi wrote:
you acknowledge that the lynch is going to be between impede/kokichi

yet here you are still vanity voting

rofl
I thought I listed ASP as a lynch candidate.
Others are interested in him as well.

If you want to keep discussing other lynches, I think assemble has also gotten some heat.

I don’t know how I didn’t make it clear that ASP can be lynched but it should be clear now exactly who is on the table.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Lapsa »

VOTE: Shinobi
abcedminded

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”