TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

I thought the bad push on flub was more anti-town than then flub's idiot posting.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 184, iDanyboy wrote:
In post 181, Chip Butty wrote:I'll catch up reading and see if i want to change my vote. I see wossi is the fashionable wagon now.
UNVOTE:
Really don't like this, looking for a reason to get onto the wagon now that he is L-1, same with Srgtacos.
Do you always signal your punches like this? If you were seriously scumhunting, you would wait for me to actually jump on that wagon. Same for skitter later. Do you think wossi is scum or not?
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

Man is it just me or do both wagons feel exactly like early D1 wagons that stuck around too long? I don't think anyone has given a convincing reason to lynch either wossi or flub.

Meanwhile Serg got jealous of lalendra and wanted my vote back. Surprised only Dany and Skitter have mentioned that raw L-1 vote. I dunno to me it seems like a much better wagon might be Mr. Tacos over here.

VOTE: serg

So I read a little bit of 1954. Up to about where tiam gets lynched/wickedest gets NKed. I might read some more later.

First of all, you guys all play a lot more loose than I'm used to. Its a refreshing change of pace. And I guess given that context it might have been more obvious that both flub and serg were joking in their posts. Oh well.

All the crossover players are behaving
roughly
like they did in 1954. I agree with wickedest that tiam seems to be misreading a lot more here than there but I'm not sure yet what that tells me. Any number of reasons to be disengaged with a game but I still lean scummy. Skitter and Wickedest seem to be playing the most similar game so I get a town lean from them based on that.
TwoInAMillion wrote:I thought the bad push on flub was more anti-town than then flub's idiot posting.
I don't think it was a bad push considering how early in the game that was. I dropped it when the game moved past the early stage as it only really held significance in the early game.

And you take that back about Flub, he is a gentleman and a scholar.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 200, TwoInAMillion wrote:I thought the bad push on flub was more anti-town than then flub's idiot posting.
It wasn't a bad push, it was an early d1 pressure push. Please return to the noob queue until you get the concept.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.4:

Wossi (5)
- implosion, Flubbernugget, skitter30, Wickedestjr, Sergtacos
Flubbernugget (3)
- humaneatingmonkey, Wossi, Chip Butty
Wickedestjr(1)
- wavemode
Sephiroth (1)
- TwoInAMillion
Sergtacos (1)
- Sephiroth

Not Voting (2)
- Lalendra, iDanyboy

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is at 3pm GMT on Sunday 26th November 2017 ((expired on 2017-11-26 15:00:00))
Trans rights are human rights.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm tempted to add wicked to the town pool because he's saying all of the things that should be said, but I don't know how wide his scum range is.
Sephiroth wrote:Meanwhile Serg got jealous of lalendra and wanted my vote back. Surprised only Dany and Skitter have mentioned that raw L-1 vote. I dunno to me it seems like a much better wagon might be Mr. Tacos over here.
I mean, the reasoning here is obvious but. Do you think serg-scum is likely to put himself out there with the naked L-1 vote? I don't think serg-scum would see the mixed reaction he got to the miller fiasco and decide "hm, what I need now is to enshrine myself as the center of attention."

Pool that I'm interested in looking for scum right now is {Wossi, Chip, Two, human, Lalendra}.

I think wave's responses to my questions were pretty town. I like the evolution of Seph's read on Two. skitter is still town, Serg is still town. Danny and Wicked both look somewhat generically town but could both easily be me misreading a playstyle. Flubber is probably the next person I'd add to the pool to look in but 4/5 people in my scum pool were on his wagon (which is weak and I don't like using associatives on d1, but it's something) and I get some degree of a gut feeling that he's annoyed town from his reaction to his wagon.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

In post 203, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 200, TwoInAMillion wrote:I thought the bad push on flub was more anti-town than then flub's idiot posting.
It wasn't a bad push, it was an early d1 pressure push. Please return to the noob queue until you get the concept.
I think flub is probably town so it's a bad push in my book.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Post by implosion »

To further enunciate why Wossi is likely scum.

The way he describes the claiming scum = you are scum line of thought in and is a bit disingenuous, I think. In particular, he goes from "if you say you're scum you're scum" in 34 to "Town claiming scum is lying and should be lynched" in 37 which is a bit of a different position even if it's related. The position that lying town should be lynched without any further consideration as to the content of the lie is frankly just flatly wrong. It looks like Wossi took that position in response to Two calling out his obvious logical misstep. It doesn't look like a position that he held all along. It looks like he just said that lying town should be lynched so that he could justify keeping his vote on Flubber after Two's comment. There is also a small part of me that just wants to say that such a rigid lynch all liars stance is somewhat less likely to be genuine but I've seen it so /shrug.

still makes me twinge a bit and I've explained why. It also feeds further into it feeling like Wossi is just trying to back-justify his vote. As in, it looks like Wossi cares a lot that his vote looks like it has a justification, i.e. he cares a lot about the way his vote is being perceived, which is more likely to come from scum than town. This isn't as big of a point as the one I made about post 41 earlier though.

is just so blah. It just very flatly looks like scum trying to look like they're scumhunting.

Finally, this line from feels very, very off:
to anyone asking why I'm voting flubber and not skitter: there's power in wagons and there's more then one scum.
In particular, there was (unless I missed something) exactly one person who asked this, namely Wicked. And Wossi reacts to it as if there are a lot of people asking the question. It looks like an indication that Wossi is feeling pressure, in a way. Yet he does nothing to address his forming wagon. The answer itself just feels appeasing. Like, the actual content of the answer is fine, but the way it's phrased just feels like Wossi just wants the people asking him questions off his back. Idk, I might not be phrasing that super well.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 pm

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 206, TwoInAMillion wrote:I think flub is probably town so it's a bad push in my book.
So you've gone from flub scum to flub idiot to flub town how?
In post 201, Chip Butty wrote:
[1]
Do you always signal your punches like this?
[2]
If you were seriously scumhunting, you would wait for me to actually jump on that wagon. Same for skitter later.
[3]
Do you think wossi is scum or not?
[1]
I'm not setting a trap for you I just put my thoughts down as clearly as I can so town can sort me, so why would I pull my punches.
[2]
Calling someone out for being an opportunist is not scum hunting now? You could call it sub optimal play but it's still scum hunting. The wagon was also at L-1 and I don't want a lynch yet.
[3]
He is my top scum read.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:22 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

No one has prodded me yet yehey.

I'll catch up.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 202, Sephiroth wrote:Man is it just me or do both wagons feel exactly like early D1 wagons that stuck around too long? I don't think anyone has given a convincing reason to lynch either wossi or flub.
Flubber yes, Wossi no. I think several reasons have been given why Wossi is scummy, and they're all pretty good ones at this stage of the game. He also hasn't really rebutted any of them, although tbf, he said he was busy irl
In post 205, implosion wrote:I like the evolution of Seph's read on
Two
flubber
In post 205, implosion wrote:Danny and Wicked both look somewhat generically town but could both easily be me misreading a playstyle.
This is how I feel about them too, and to a certain, but lesser extent, you and Seph as well. You're all pushing the right things imo, and taking reasonable positions. I'm just slightly concerned that I'm biased towards townreading all four of you because you're pushibg things that I agree with.

+1
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Wavemode's misrepresentation of skitter's scum read on wosi as a function of time as opposed to events is extremely dishonest. I expect a wosi scum flip to implicate wave.

Hard reminder that tells based on a timespan are ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHITTY ASS GARBAGE AND IF YOU'RE USING THEM YOU SHOULD FEEL REALLY FUCKING BAD ABOUT YOURSELF.

There are a couple of interactions between wavemode and skitter that I didn't bother to read. It is probably safe to assume they're rehashing their points back and forth.

Sephiroph, what post are you arguing with tacos about? It's probably one of the early ones.

There's a lot of tunneling in this thread atm, and I don't think it's particularly useful. The most substantial reads atm are still from before page 5ish.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:05 am

Post by wavemode »

I 100% retract my townread of Flubbernugget
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:15 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 211, Flubbernugget wrote:Wavemode's misrepresentation of skitter's scum read on wosi as a function of time as opposed to events is extremely dishonest.
I'd ask you to point to what you mean here... but in truth it's just absurd at face value so what is the point. I already know this never happened because I've actually been reading the game...
Flubbernugget wrote:Hard reminder that tells based on a timespan are ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHITTY ASS GARBAGE AND IF YOU'RE USING THEM YOU SHOULD FEEL REALLY FUCKING BAD ABOUT YOURSELF.

There are a couple of interactions between wavemode and skitter that I didn't bother to read. It is probably safe to assume they're rehashing their points back and forth.

Sephiroph, what post are you arguing with tacos about? It's probably one of the early ones.

There's a lot of tunneling in this thread atm, and I don't think it's particularly useful. The most substantial reads atm are still from before page 5ish.
Mostly just pointless complaints with zero contribution. Do you have anything to offer beyond "Shame On You, Town"?
retired...?
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:15 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 186, Flubbernugget wrote:I need to catch up. Not many posts, but they are
substantial
, and I'd like to
reread some of the skitter interactions.
In post 211, Flubbernugget wrote:There are a couple of interactions between
wavemode and skitter that I didn't bother to read
. It is probably safe to assume they're rehashing their points back and forth.

There's a lot of tunneling in this thread atm, and I don't think it's particularly useful.
The most substantial reads atm are still from before page 5ish.
Some broken promises here can you give me two town reads and a scum read with some reasoning instead please.
In post 186, Flubbernugget wrote:When I first played with wavemode, I dismissed them as stupid town. They were scum. From skimming the others' posts about him, it sounds like he's playing the "stupid town" card again. I will confirm this with my own eyes on catch up.
Was this true because wavemode you got the wrong person.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Lalendra »

Sorry for low activity, I've been busy this week and haven't been able to read/post as much as I'd like.

Re: the Flub wagon - I need to take a closer look at the votes there because I don't think Flub is scum, and I want to analyze the votes on him. I plan on doing this later today.

Re: the Wossi wagon - I don't like that Wossi has checked in since the wagon really built on him (190) and still hasn't felt the need to claim. If he's town I think he needs to do that, and RL can't be the issue here because it takes less time to claim than it did to write up that post. I disagree with Skitter's assessment that Chip was looking for a way to join the Wossi wagon; it seems as though pointing out that Wossi's wagon is the fashionable one is not something scum would want to call attention to. They would manufacture reasons to vote, not abstain from voting while also pointing out that the wagon is fashionable.

I'm leaning town on Sephiroth and Serg. Sephiroth because he seems like he's legitimately trying to parse the game, and even though I don't agree with all of his points he is trying. Serg because I don't think scum would attract so much attention to themselves D1. Like you wouldn't want to lurk, but you also don't want to hard-claim miller or naked vote L-1. It's also similar to his play in a game I just finished with him where he actually was trying even less, pinged my scumdar hard, and ended up flipping town.

Really not liking Flub's last post, it's really aggressive on the one hand while also admitting to not really giving a shit about the game on the other. If you're town imma need you to do better than that.

VOTE: Wossi

That's L-1. Claim plz.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:29 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 215, Lalendra wrote:Sorry for low activity, I've been busy this week and haven't been able to read/post as much as I'd like.

Re: the Flub wagon - I need to take a closer look at the votes there because I don't think Flub is scum, and I want to analyze the votes on him. I plan on doing this later today.

Re: the Wossi wagon - I don't like that Wossi has checked in since the wagon really built on him (190) and still hasn't felt the need to claim. If he's town I think he needs to do that, and RL can't be the issue here because it takes less time to claim than it did to write up that post.
That's L-1. Claim plz.
I don't see the point in claiming right now since his not at risk of getting lynched. Do not claim please.
I would also think that you would ' take a closer look at the votes' before putting someone at L-1 especially considering this is your first vote. It's also funny that you say you haven't been able to read/post as much as you like but then you say that can't be happening to Wossi.

VOTE: Lalendra
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:30 am

Post by iDanyboy »

P.S Do not hammer
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

We don't need a claim right now.
I want to see him respond to the points against him first. Give him the benefit of the doubt when he says he's busy in real life.

Unvote.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Dani

Your point is fair. I shouldn't have conflated word count with substance.

I think that skitter is town. I liked skitter's point against wossi, and they are still interacting with other players.

Wave is probably town because I'm only taking issue with one of their pushes. Even if I don't like their pushes, as per their recollection of the game I played with him I'm willing to offer the benefit of the doubt that there's a method to their madness.

My scum reads on wossi and chip butter have not changed much, if at all.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I might add lalendra to my scum pool. I think it's fair to be frustrated with a change in site meta in regards to reading post timing (which is a frustration I've already hinted at btw), while still being apathetic to this game. Throwing suspicion on me and then voting for my counterwagon also doesn't make much sense. Their "scum read" on wossi also looks like role fishing.

The only reason this isn't a hard scum read is because lalendra is known to be lynchable.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 216, iDanyboy wrote:I don't see the point in claiming right now since his not at risk of getting lynched. Do not claim please.
I would also think that you would ' take a closer look at the votes' before putting someone at L-1 especially considering this is your first vote. It's also funny that you say you haven't been able to read/post as much as you like but then you say that can't be happening to Wossi.

VOTE: Lalendra
1. What do you mean when you say that he's not in danger of being lynched, when he is at L-1?
2. I said I would take a closer look at the votes on Flub's wagon, not on Wossi's. My point was that Wossi made the time to log in and post about something, but not to try and refute the wagon or claim. I just haven't logged in and read or posted ANYTHING, which is different. Again, active lurking vs. just not being present.
In post 220, Flubbernugget wrote:Throwing suspicion on me and then voting for my counterwagon also doesn't make much sense.
I don't think I threw suspicion on you, in fact I think I was defending you when others were suspecting you because of what you posted, but that's fine.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:13 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 221, Lalendra wrote:
. What do you mean when you say that he's not in danger of being lynched, when he is at L-1?
. I said I would take a closer look at the votes on Flub's wagon, not on Wossi's.
. My point was that Wossi made the time to log in and post about something, but not to try and refute the wagon or claim. I just haven't logged in and read or posted ANYTHING, which is different. Again, active lurking vs. just not being present.
. Wicked unvoted and I asked that you do not vote him. His not getting lynched yet.
My point was that you would of took a look at the votes on Flubs wagon before you put some one to L-1 and asking them to claim. You only ask for a claim if your ready to hammer him, you were not ready for a hammer as you needed time to analyze flubs wagon so you putting him at L-1 and potentially getting hammered doesn't make sense.
. Have you read his latest that your talking about? It's just him saying that he won't be able to post until friday. I don't think that fits the definiton of Active Lurking and is in a similar boat to you.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Lalendra »

No, I referred to the post without reading it. [/sarcasm]

Yes, I read the post. When he says "don't lynch me until Friday," that's a pretty clear sign that he is reading the thread and chose not to respond to his accusers yet. Claiming seems prudent in that situation.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

In post 208, iDanyboy wrote:
In post 206, TwoInAMillion wrote:I think flub is probably town so it's a bad push in my book.
So you've gone from flub scum to flub idiot to flub town how?

If scum are pushing someone as scum they are probably town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”