Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Neko, I think I would know for whom I voted. And it's not exactly difficult for you to check.

And my thoughts now are that I'm content with the Miztef wagon. I still need to re-read the game, of course, and the fact that I'm able to post does not mean that I'm able to do any real analysis right now.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

armlx wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: NabakovNabakov, Mafia, Daykilled Day Two
The following people have made posts between the end of D1 and around the NK.

Lloyd
Flameaxe
dahill
armlx
Albert

Guardian posted at 10:20. Miztef at 11:06. Neither posted in the times between lynch and the kill. Sarcastro just posted.

1 of these 8 is our likely SK.
Dunno about this post, dude. Your following posts are even more flimsy. Although I wouldn't mind voting Lloyd, because of his insistence on discussing SK and how that affects mechanics.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:21 am

Post by dahill1 »

just clearing it up for neko, he did
(and yeah i know i'm like BM,quote at the bottom, etc.)
Sarcastro wrote:Holy crap, this is awesome. Bandwagon ho!

Vote: Miztef
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Gotcha. I missed that.

I noticed this, and I have a question:
armlx wrote: Its much more likely the SK waited to see who was lynched then sent in a kill.
I would have expected the SK's kill to be in pooky's lynch post, too, if they had pre-submitted a kill, but I don't really see what they would gain by waiting to see who got lynched. Why would they need to know this so early in the game? It seems to me that early choices would be more or less random, and as the game progressed, the choices would be more thought-out.
In Tartiflette We Trust
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
armlx wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: NabakovNabakov, Mafia, Daykilled Day Two
The following people have made posts between the end of D1 and around the NK.

Lloyd
Flameaxe
dahill
armlx
Albert

Guardian posted at 10:20. Miztef at 11:06. Neither posted in the times between lynch and the kill. Sarcastro just posted.

1 of these 8 is our likely SK.
Dunno about this post, dude. Your following posts are even more flimsy. Although I wouldn't mind voting Lloyd, because of his insistence on discussing SK and how that affects mechanics.
It's also do you really believe him about what he saw. Does anyone want to admit to being online? Plus what type of time frame is he going on for this information?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Guardian »

I'm pretty sure I was online. I could be SK, by that logic, I think. I, like many others, have browsing hidden just for scenarios just as this. Were I SK, I would not have posted that night, and claimed to not have been online. Again, why I find this completely laden with WIFOM.

Oh, on re-read, I find BBM suspicious. Lurker scum-ish.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by dahill1 »

i still don't understand about the whole browsing hidden thingy but i was online
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by farside22 »

dahill1 wrote:i still don't understand about the whole browsing hidden thingy but i was online
You can hide that you are online when you sign on. :wink:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Albert,

I want to discuss mechanics of the serial killer because it's a key difference between the two games.

It's odd that you would ask for opinions on game mechanics theory, reference the last game, yet discount the key difference between the two games.

I'm not the serial killer. I wanted to be when I signed up, and was hoping for the role (but didn't get it), so I gave SK strategy some thought before roles were assigned.

Right now...Given that 3 mafia are dead, I think the SK is now actively hunting for mafia. If all mafia are dead, it increases the likelihood of the SK's Risky Kill of succeeding.

Since I'm not the SK, I don't care whether we lynch mafia or SK. We have to lynch both sets of scums to win.
---
Guardian,

I think it's a mistake to discontinue quick lynching. It worked well on Muffinhead. If it ain't broken, why fix it?

I advocate continuing to quick lynch, because it gives less time for scums to engage in WIFOM discussions.

Another benefit of quick lynching is to catch lurker scum off guard.

As for others' arguments that quick lynching benefits the SK, I strongly disagree. By quick lynching, we give scums less time to react.

Unlike others, I think slow lynching benefits the SK, because it gives him / her time to figure out alignments for his / her Risky Kills.

I agree with your original assessment that quick lynchs may be a game breaking strategy, and we should continue to do so.

While we are winning (with 3 scums down), I think we should push on with quick lynches. If we start losing too many townies, then we can re-read then and also look at vote patterns then. Right now is time to quick lynch, and we should seize the momentum.
---
Here are my suspicions:

Miztef - I found him suspicious yesterday, and Albert agreed with me (yesterday, both Albert and I quoted the same sentence that Miztef wrote earlier). Today, I still find Miztef supicious, so my vote on Miztef remains.

armlx - Suspicious for confirming Miztef for supposedly being at L-1. In re-reading, Miztef had 6 votes at most, and we need 8 votes to lynch today. armlx's flurry of posts to find the SK isn't convincing either, and only adds to confusion.

Max - Max mis-wrote that I hammered, when ooba had hammered. I don't think it matters who actually hammered, so his argument fails to make sense. This is a second time (first Beep Beep, now me) that Max has used faulty logic as his reason to accuse someone.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

Sorry for posting so little. Not much time to post non-obvious stuff, sadly =(

But I agree with Mtzef, ironically, he still could be scum, specially if he says he didnt notice he was on L1. If he didnt, he could have thought there would still be time to defend himself a little before suiciding.

I am unsure about this discussion about online players and SK. It makes some sense, but there are a lot of possibilities... Even thought the SK kill wasnt in Pookys post, it doesnt prove definetly it wasnt scheduled. Perhapps he could have even said "I want my kill to be 30 minutes after day 1 starts", I dont think he would have thought of it, and dont know if mod would accept it. I am just saying there is a chance it was schedulled.

Even if it wasnt schedulled (he was online around the kill then), wich is very likely, there is the hidden browsing thing...
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Guardian »

vote: Flameaxe

7 more.
Do not lynch me.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by ooba »

vote : Flameaxe

6 more.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Miztef »

@llyod: quicklynching may be good,
once
we have a target. But to get a target means giving that person fair warning. So, I think we were really just lucky with the last one. We should continue as normal, but once a player gets to L-3 or so, we may be able to pull off a quicklynch. To pull off a "full" quicklynch seems too flimsy to work, and we may waste pro-town players by continuously doing so.

About Max - Muffinhead did vote him, if there is any substantial evidence in this game, I think muffinhead's first vote being on a scumbuddy seems unlikely.

Does my almost dieing not deter you at all to think I may be pro-town? Even though I argued against that logic, I still would think it should have some sway.

Overall, you seem to be picking out bad lynches to me, Armlx is the only good lynch you have stated out of the bunch. You are much too hasty in this quicklynch idea as well. I just don't like it.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by neko2086 »

I agree with this wagon. Flameaxe has contributed hardly anything of substance.

vote: Flameaxe

5 more
In Tartiflette We Trust
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Miztef wrote:Does my almost dieing not deter you at all to think I may be pro-town?
it changed my mind
unvote

and why are we voting flameaxe again?
armlx wrote:I'm going with Flameaxe on this one, based on Miz's point about SK not posting, the fact that Kilroy died N1 and as DGB put it "he would kill him". And he posted nothing after the kilroy thing yesterday = 0 connections.

Vote Flameaxe
is it because of that?
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Miztef »

We're lynching Flameaxe because everyone is getting too trigger happy. Although I know flameaxe isn't going to help discussion much, "Bum rushing" a player every day is not going to help us win this game. (It's only going to give everyone STDs). Discussion, evidence, and then "Bum rushing" (ie. putting on a condom) is a much better strategy. (Less likelyhood of STD transfer).
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Guardian »

dahill, Miztef, you're doing it wrong.

we are voting flameaxe because as neko said, Flameaxe has contributed literally nothing to the game.

So, if you could be so kind as to make a properly formatted post, in which you vote flameaxe and let us know how many more votes are needed... thx.

lloyd, with us!

Miztef, I think think there is great evidence on Flameaxe. I think quick lynching only works if someone notices a good reason to think someone else is scum, X other people agree and/or decide it is a good reason to bus, and then it explodes.

So, let's vote flameaxe? :D
Do not lynch me.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Guardian wrote:we are voting flameaxe because as neko said, Flameaxe has contributed literally nothing to the game.
well, that is true...
so to put pressure on him
vote: flameaxe
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Guardian »

4 more. I expect the next 4 posters to vote Flameaxe, or be considered a Flameaxe sympathizer, a crime punishable by lynching.
Do not lynch me.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Miztef »

Guardian wrote:dahill, Miztef, you're doing it wrong.

we are voting flameaxe because as neko said, Flameaxe has contributed literally nothing to the game.

So, if you could be so kind as to make a properly formatted post, in which you vote flameaxe and let us know how many more votes are needed... thx.

lloyd, with us!

Miztef, I think think there is great evidence on Flameaxe. I think quick lynching only works if someone notices a good reason to think someone else is scum, X other people agree and/or decide it is a good reason to bus, and then it explodes.

So, let's vote flameaxe? :D
Are you really so blind slighted by the thrill of quick lynching?

Players who have posted nearly as little as Flameaxe, if not more so:

-Blazerunner = 3 posts, decent amount of contribution average
-DGB = 8 posts, most with near 0 contribution average
-Max = 6 posts, decent about of content average
-Ooba = 6 posts, almost 0 contribution average
-samruc = 5 posts, low contribution average
-Sarcastro = 7 posts, decent amount of contribution average
-Flameaxe = 4 posts, low contribution average

In no particular order, but looking through these, I see no particular reason why Flameaxe's is worse then the others.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Guardian »

blaze, good c.
dgb, i disagree, i think she has good c, helped lynch scum iirc.
max, good c.
ooba, more post, helped lynch scum.
samruc, about as bad as flameaxe.
sarcastro, decent c.

flameaxe, by far the worst.
Do not lynch me.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by armlx »

Lloyd wrote:Albert,

I want to discuss mechanics of the serial killer because it's a key difference between the two games.

It's odd that you would ask for opinions on game mechanics theory, reference the last game, yet discount the key difference between the two games.

I'm not the serial killer.
I wanted to be when I signed up, and was hoping for the role (but didn't get it), so I gave SK strategy some thought before roles were assigned.

Subliminal hints / useless unnecessary role claiming much (ala I'm not scum therefore arguments)

Right now...Given that 3 mafia are dead,
I think the SK is now actively hunting for mafia.
If all mafia are dead, it increases the likelihood of the SK's Risky Kill of succeeding.

Since I'm not the SK, I don't care whether we lynch mafia or SK.
We have to lynch both sets of scums to win.

I notice how he specifies SK here, really subtle tell given the rest of his language in the paragraph

---
Guardian,

I think it's a mistake to discontinue quick lynching. It worked well on Muffinhead.
If it ain't broken, why fix it?

So a quick lynch on someone who exhibited a huge scum tell means we should just charge recklessly?

I advocate continuing to quick lynch
, because
it gives less time for
scums to engage in WIFOM
discussions

Nice argument. Talk less, kill more

Another benefit of quick lynching is to catch lurker scum off guard.

As for others' arguments that quick lynching benefits the SK, I strongly disagree. By quick lynching, we give scums less time to react.

Unlike others, I think
slow lynching
benefits the SK, because it gives him / her
time to figure out alignments
for his / her Risky Kills.

Hmm, isn't this true for, I don't know, the town too?

I agree with your original assessment that quick lynchs may be a game breaking strategy, and we should continue to do so.

While we are winning (with 3 scums down), I think we should push on with quick lynches.
If we start losing too many townies
, then we can re-read then and also look at vote patterns then. Right now is time to quick lynch, and we should seize the momentum.

Read "When we start losing too many townies". Also the use of townies is awkward. Why not also quick lynch based on voting records, instead of going oh shit we just punted a lot of lynches, no more room to fuck up

---
Here are my suspicions:

Miztef - I found him suspicious yesterday, and Albert agreed with me (yesterday, both Albert and I quoted the same sentence that Miztef wrote earlier). Today, I still find Miztef supicious, so my vote on Miztef remains.

armlx - Suspicious for confirming Miztef for supposedly being at L-1. In re-reading, Miztef had 6 votes at most, and we need 8 votes to lynch today.
armlx's flurry of posts to find the SK isn't convincing either, and only adds to confusion.

Trying to find scum with logical arguments is bad? Though I admit I was thinking 15/2 = 7, not 8. Damn C++ and its ints.

Max - Max mis-wrote that I hammered, when ooba had hammered. I don't think it matters who actually hammered, so his argument fails to make sense. This is a second time (first Beep Beep, now me) that Max has used faulty logic as his reason to accuse someone.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by armlx »

Guardian wrote:blaze, good c.
dgb, i disagree, i think she has good c, helped lynch scum iirc.
max, good c.
ooba, more post, helped lynch scum.
samruc, about as bad as flameaxe.
sarcastro, decent c.

flameaxe, by far the worst.
Yea, but I expect this from him and not the others.

Have to meta axe a bit tho, I think this might be a scum tell of his.

Ironically, after my last post, I agree with Lloyd in saying max is a good choice to lynch soon, prossibly today.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Guardian »

unvote
for the moment. I am always on, if others continue the flameaxe rush I'll likely help end it.

However, armlx , you're pretty convincing :\.

I think Flameaxe could be armlx's buddy, and armlx is trying to make me look harder at lloyd-sk?

armlx, you can wink if this is true, and I'll back off.

This is another one of those really cool posts to read if I die and think *gee, guardian might actually be right*.
Do not lynch me.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Unvote

Vote: Flameaxe