boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by boring »

@Fitz - do you have easy-access to your meta lying around anywhere, or do I need to sift through your profile? (for example, boring makes it super easy to access through her wiki link because she's awesome).
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

@Luca: Regarding the sheep vote, that was still a reasonable amount of time before the deadline, at a time when I didn’t feel incredibly passionate about any of the existing wagons. I was concerned about sheep because he seemed to be sliding along without any attention despite repeated unfulfilled promises to catch up on the game. I would have expected him to either get involved in the game or realise he wouldn’t be able to and replace out. However, if he was scum able to coast by without much attention, he would have seen no need to replace out. My initial townread was also based on me not reading things properly, so I wouldn’t say it was a massive read change. I don’t find the timing of sheep’s eventual replace out to be too indicative either way.

Re: Ecto
I don’t remember what post I meant instead of 197.
172 was ultimately a fairly weak point which has since been superseded by things I find more likely to be relevant.

Re: Boring
The concern about her targeting of you was always present and wasn’t a reason for scumreading her as much as it was just something I was worried about. I’ve always been unsure whether to think of it as coming from town or scum, but it feels significant and not worth ignoring.

—-

Just generally regarding UCV, I’m leaning town. I’m trying to avoid bias based on his read of me, which I felt was pretty bad, but there was a pretty clear lack of trying to look good when he was questioned about it.

I’m also going heavily back and forth on my Ecto Read whenever I read his posts. There are things that my mind says are scummy, but then he posts these wonderfully weird posts and I’m like... how does scum post that? But then how does town post that? Aren’t the two equally unlikely therefore I should just go back to what my brain says?

I need to sit down and properly work through this but I’m incredibly worried that people like ucv ProHawk and Kelbris are scum’s designated mislynches and that scum are in fact hiding among the more widely townread players. This is possibly drifting too far into paranoia, but I definitely plan on looking more closely at the players receiving less attention.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by boring »

@Deas - just for clarity, who are your solid town reads?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Top tier: Transcend, Mutant
Almost solid: Pro-hawk, Fishy, Luca
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Actually go with Transcend as almost solid too.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Right now my thoughts are something like:

Mutant
Transcend, Fishy, Luca, Pro-Hawk
-
Fitz
UCV
boring
Kelbris, Ecto
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by boring »

Have you already explained your ProHawk read? It's the only really surprising one.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I want to look more closely at Fishy and Luca in particular, but that’s more me being worried that I’m lazily townreading then than anything else.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Re:ProHawk, it was my controversial town read from Viomi replacing out. How could you forget? :P
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by Transcend »

Btw boring is still scum imo.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 1133, DeasVail wrote:Re:ProHawk, it was my controversial town read from Viomi replacing out. How could you forget? :P
That replace out was not alignment indicative and get your head out of your ass before i put it in a noose.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1135, Transcend wrote:
In post 1133, DeasVail wrote:Re:ProHawk, it was my controversial town read from Viomi replacing out. How could you forget? :P
That replace out was not alignment indicative and get your head out of your ass before i put it in a noose.
We should probably just agree to disagree on that one.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Transcend »

Pro does not have a genuine thought process.

He is just lynching to lynch.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 1136, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1135, Transcend wrote:
We should probably just agree to disagree on that one.
Considering I'm the party that she replaced out due to and I know the entire basis of it, I think you're wrong.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by boring »

I guess I didn't notice at the time. So you took her rage-quit as towny? Has the slot done anything else you find AI?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Regarding Pro, I thought his posts seemed okay, but I’ll take a fresh look tonight or tomorrow.

PEdit: Ehhh, it’s not a point I really want to argue right now.

PEdit at boring: It was not the rage quit but the continued posting after her request to replace out that I thought was town for reasons I’ve explained. I think scum would have been more likely to just leave with less attachment to the game and the issue. I could be wrong, but that’s my opinion.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Nothing too much stands out to me from Pro so far.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1124, boring wrote:
In post 1093, Luca Blight wrote:
@Boring
@Mutant
@Transcend

How do you feel about switching to UCV?
I'm not thrilled about it. I liked Sheep. I'm "meh" on UCV. He's thrown a bit of effort around today, but I guess anyone can do that. If nothing improves and we don't have a consensus on someone better by EOD, I'll probably go along.

But what about Deas? Has your feeling about him changed?

I'm leaning toward a Deas, ProHawk, Fitz, kelbris scum pool. Though, I haven't read Fitz's most recent wall yet, and I've been hoping for some definitive sign of town from him, so his status might change.
I'm surprised you're so reluctant on UCV - from an objective standpoint (I know his style so give him a lot of leeway) the majority of his posts look scummy.

The reason I'm scumreading him is mainly gut feeling as, having played with him as both alignments, I feel strongly this is his scum game. The way he's avoiding conflict (ignoring the wagon on him and points addressed to him) doesn't seem like something he does as Town.

Regarding Sheep - I played a game where he was scum and he was roundly townread throughout the game by playing similarly to how he did here (although he did put more effort in there).

I still think Deas is likely to be scum but I'm feeling more confident on my UCV read right now.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1142, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1124, boring wrote:
In post 1093, Luca Blight wrote:
@Boring
@Mutant
@Transcend

How do you feel about switching to UCV?
I'm not thrilled about it. I liked Sheep. I'm "meh" on UCV. He's thrown a bit of effort around today, but I guess anyone can do that. If nothing improves and we don't have a consensus on someone better by EOD, I'll probably go along.

But what about Deas? Has your feeling about him changed?

I'm leaning toward a Deas, ProHawk, Fitz, kelbris scum pool. Though, I haven't read Fitz's most recent wall yet, and I've been hoping for some definitive sign of town from him, so his status might change.
I'm surprised you're so reluctant on UCV - from an objective standpoint (I know his style so give him a lot of leeway) the majority of his posts look scummy.

The reason I'm scumreading him is mainly gut feeling as, having played with him as both alignments, I feel strongly this is his scum game. The way he's avoiding conflict (ignoring the wagon on him and points addressed to him) doesn't seem like something he does as Town.

Regarding Sheep - I played a game where he was scum and he was roundly townread throughout the game by playing similarly to how he did here (although he did put more effort in there).

I still think Deas is likely to be scum but I'm feeling more confident on my UCV read right now.
Can you link me the games you're talking about? It might help me understand your POV.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by kelbris »

I plan on reading Deas's and UCV's ISOs tonight, gotta take care of some stuff rn. Still waiting for an answer from Transcend (unless one was given and I missed it).
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Sheep's scum game - viewtopic.php?p=9664150&user_select%5B% ... 0#p9664150

UCV's scum game - viewtopic.php?p=9758635&user_select%5B% ... 8#p9758635

The UCV one is difficult because the game in question was very long - he entered the game a newb and finished it a much more experienced player, having completed many games in the meantime. His behaviour during LYLO is more of what I'm aiming at here.

His play in this one has been a lot different from his Town games (I'm sure you can find them yourself). I could list 100 scummy things UCV has done this game already but it's pointless as he really is scummy as either alignment, but I can just tell by instinct that this isn't his Town game.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1125, boring wrote:@Fitz - do you have easy-access to your meta lying around anywhere, or do I need to sift through your profile? (for example, boring makes it super easy to access through her wiki link because she's awesome).
It's called searching my topics. Is there something in particular you're interested in?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1126, DeasVail wrote:Just generally regarding UCV, I’m leaning town. I’m trying to avoid bias based on his read of me, which I felt was pretty bad, but there was a pretty clear lack of trying to look good when he was questioned about it.
So despite UCV's bad case on you, you're leaning Town on him based on this post?
In post 1004, UC Voyager wrote:DeasVail
How did i missread your posts. It seems to me Like they meant something different then you say they do. if you could explain that to me
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Luca, have you noticed the avoidance of conflict to be something UCV does as scum?

And in response to your post, no. His response to Fishy in 1005 is more what I mean. I think his case on me was bad, but differentiating whether that comes from town or scum is a whole different thing. My guess is town because The badness was glaringly obvious in a way that I think scum would be more careful to avoid. Whereas town have a greater tendency to post without carefully thinking. And he hasn’t put as much effort as I would perhaps expect into correcting that mistake if he were scum.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1147, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1126, DeasVail wrote:Just generally regarding UCV, I’m leaning town. I’m trying to avoid bias based on his read of me, which I felt was pretty bad, but there was a pretty clear lack of trying to look good when he was questioned about it.
So despite UCV's bad case on you, you're leaning Town on him based on this post?
In post 1004, UC Voyager wrote:DeasVail
How did i missread your posts. It seems to me Like they meant something different then you say they do. if you could explain that to me
somebody once told me "someone agreeing with you doesn't mean they are the same alignment as you, and someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean they are the other alignment!" -AcidPhoenix. (not the exact wording, but it is still true!)
study the quote carefully
so...i don't get enough sleep

Return to “Completed Open Games”