Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by Ginngie »

wat
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2597, Radiant Moonlight wrote:
In post 2596, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2589, Radiant Moonlight wrote:Their reaction to the fakehammer was not strongly town enough to make me consider the wagon after the claimed guilty.
You say that but this all happened after the guilty was claimed and I wasn't voting DS up to that point and was in fact defending him for a substantial portion of the day.
If I'm scum I certainly do not need to resort to fake guilties to get the people that I want lynched.
Yes yes we get it...All worship RC. Blah blah I worship facts.
The only fact is that you consistently do your best to hand scum the game that I'm in regardless of my alignment. When I'm scum you're my #1 ally, when I'm town you're my #1 foe.
Doesn't matter what alignment you are you're the single biggest threat to town wincon and if I could go back to D1 I would have lynched you instead of mulch.
See you're starting from a place of "Math sucks" and then arguing that I suck.

You're using circular logic.

And oh trust me if you weren't spamming I suck every game I would actually get somewhere.

I actually do catch scum in games. I am just not a epic tier player and I accept that.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Radiant Moonlight »

How about 'Mathblade sucks because they've super hard deathtunneled me in every single game that I've been town in with them and I'm getting pretty fucking fed up with it?'
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Like it's day 3 you owe me a break by now go push someone else.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Newbie queue I freakin am a beast. Caught one scum before the end of the first page in a game.
In the game with Toranaga I picked the roleblocker (who happened to be Toranaga) immediately after my claim and then got compromised off.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2604, Radiant Moonlight wrote:Like it's day 3 you owe me a break by now go push someone else.
When people bother to actually try to read you and conversation starts about you and there is something objective to change my read sure.

Right now no one is even looking at you and it pisses me off.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2605, MathBlade wrote:Newbie queue I freakin am a beast. Caught one scum before the end of the first page in a game.
In the game with Toranaga I picked the roleblocker (who happened to be Toranaga) immediately after the doc claim and then got compromised off.

Merged thoughts fixed
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Vote me again in another game and I'm policy lynching you if you're town here. Titus has said the same thing.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Smocaine »

Mastina, just give me a damne pagetop. Yous about to clear a second townie :X
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Smocaine »

In post 2585, mastina wrote:
In post 2534, MathBlade wrote:She is unlynchable and unkillable but she can do night actions.
Specifically, I am counted as if a goon for the purposes of roles in that I can be sent to make the nightkill, but it holds no special properties. It can be tracked, it can be blocked, it can be watched, and so on and so forth,
just as any other player. I, myself, cannot send me to kill,
but if my scumteam tells me to perform the kill then I can.
proof that maf lies. I am allowed to send in the nightkill and send myself.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Smocaine »

in games where I'm scum :dead:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2601, Ginngie wrote:wat
I mean by you being my slave and giving a votecount if I fail to provide one in a reasonable timeframe. :P
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Smocaine »

I volunteer for Mastina slave duty. Just gimme a half-win or something.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 2612, mastina wrote:
In post 2601, Ginngie wrote:wat
I mean by you being my slave and giving a votecount if I fail to provide one in a reasonable timeframe. :P
:shifty:
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2608, Radiant Moonlight wrote:Vote me again in another game and I'm policy lynching you if you're town here. Titus has said the same thing.
Or you could ya know not be scummy? Show me how I am misreading you?

Continuing to say you're Town without helping those that scumread you and blaming them is bullshit.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by Smocaine »

I think that RM is town. Can you pursue another person interdependently of them for this phase, for me?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

How is RM Town?

If I just pursue grapes then how (if RM is town, which I doubt) then how does this not happen again?

And if you say grapes is Town too I am gonna pull my hair out because then like I am at third fourth slot scum reads and I fucking hate partner hunting.

Like just saying pursue somewhere else doesn't change what is in my head.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Stalfos
Stalfos
Goon
Stalfos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:16 pm

Post by Stalfos »

In post 2582, Radiant Moonlight wrote:
In post 2575, Stalfos wrote:Mostly on reflection from Day 1, and mostly you because I don't think there's been a whole lot from Titus. You went full tilt against Mulch immediately, making excessive demands like "never scumread me again or I'll policy you" and "why are you singling me out" when he asked you fairly reasonable questions. You've come across strangely aggressive much more than you seem like you've been trying to solve.
What part of this feels to you like it's something that's more likely to come from me as scum than town, particularly after the newbie that you deathtunneled me in for similar reasons?
The situations seem quite different to me and the parallel you're trying to draw here is pretty superficial. In that game I thought you were being unexpectedly touchy, yes, and I misinterpreted it as being a deliberate scum tactic. Sorry.

But you never used emotion as your main reason for doing anything iirc, and you were conscious of the possibility that you might be wrong even when you were very sure, and made contingency plans. Whereas here, it seems like it was your only justification for pushing Mulch was that he should have known you better and was clearly deliberately antagonising you. There's not much underneath that, no real logic that I can see.
It's not just the fact that you're being strangely aggressive. It's that there's nothing else to it.

Maybe I'm missing something, or misremembering. Can you summarise the main reasons you had for scumreading Mulch?

In post 2582, Radiant Moonlight wrote:
In post 2575, Stalfos wrote:because the main effect was to clog up the already confusing thread and reduce the ability of the rest of town to keep invested.
This isn't something that I would ever do as a deliberate strategy and I'm not sure why you think I would.
Uh do I need Prism to come back and get into a wordy 1v1 with you? because I've absolutely seen you do something very like it as scum before, in n1805. You do use it, whether it's deliberate or not. Also remember that time in that game that you said you explicitly avoid using the strategy you were, in fact, using? Forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

However, if I tried to only read you based on what I know of you as a player I'd fail every time. So if I see you using a strategy that is pro-scum, I reserve the right to scumread you for it unless I have reason to believe you might be doing it as town. This is not going to be a useful tack for you.

In post 2574, Smocaine wrote:ok I read it like that, so.. and your thoughts on tor since he took over the mm4 slot?
Has done a really good job catching up, and I agree with the read on RM. Don't like the read on grapes, going from believing him in to then abruptly flipping and putting grapes in his theorised scum teams based on... setup spec as shown in ? In this game that seems pretty unreliable as a basis.
However for the most part he's improved the slot for me.

MathBlade wrote:
In post 2604, Radiant Moonlight wrote:Like it's day 3 you owe me a break by now go push someone else.
When people bother to actually try to read you and conversation starts about you and there is something objective to change my read sure.

Right now no one is even looking at you and it pisses me off.
I see Toranaga and I are chopped liver.

-Key
Hydra of Prism and Keychain.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

This game is one of the worst experiences I have had on this site so far. :lol:
Every time I feel like I'm approaching some sort of conclusion or realizing ANYTHING, I get shut down.
Ech.

What I do gather from the last few pages is that
1) Smocaine is busy interacting with mastina.
But would Scumcaine use their PT for this interaction, or is he just goofing around in front of our eyes because he can?
In almost any other game, interacting with a confirmed scum like this would make me townlean the slot for "no scum would do this", but in this game I feel like it would be actually more of a scumtell.

2) MathBlade is scumreading and therefore annoying RC/Titus/whatnot.
There seems to be too much influence from outside of this one game here.
RC can definitely drag anything into the game when someone scumreads him, he's coldblooded.
He toyed with my emotions in a newbie-LyLo by saying that I have no reason to scumread him, and if I do, I'm bad and just scumreading him because of paranoia and the "will to scumread him".
I had already told him he was one of my idols on this site beforehand, so I was an easy prey for him. :(

3) Toranaga sort of really is town, and the mod doesn't even care if she confirms it because scum is rolling over us :lol:
In post 2571, Stalfos wrote:Una, 2186 still doesn't make any sense to me. You were using the fact that Diamond was not yet lynched as evidence for him being scum, which is kind of bad because it seems you could use it to scumread literally any of the wagons that exist that haven't made it to lynch. What was the specific resistance you were seeing?
Inactivity from most other players, whom I assumed to be town.
You see, my strongest and most reliable read on this game is that the scumteam is likely having a ball.
They can say or do almost whatever in this confusing atmosphere, and most likely the team includes a few very good players who can abuse it.
(Like, I have no trouble seeing RM vs Thalfos as scumtheatre here, even though in almost any other game I'd be willing to bet my head it's not S/S. Same with MathBlade vs RM.)

I suck at towntelling myself, but for now, I can't honestly pick a solid townread outside of Toranaga.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Stalfos
Stalfos
Goon
Stalfos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Post by Stalfos »

In post 2619, UnaBombaH wrote:He toyed with my emotions in a newbie-LyLo by saying that I have no reason to scumread him, and if I do, I'm bad and just scumreading him because of paranoia and the "will to scumread him".
He did it to me too, in the newbie game he's referencing. We were both town though :( I'm kind of worried about scumreading him again here, and it makes me hope Prism comes back as the aforementioned "sanity check".

UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 2571, Stalfos wrote:Una, 2186 still doesn't make any sense to me. You were using the fact that Diamond was not yet lynched as evidence for him being scum, which is kind of bad because it seems you could use it to scumread literally any of the wagons that exist that haven't made it to lynch. What was the specific resistance you were seeing?
Inactivity from most other players, whom I assumed to be town.
? I don't follow. Why would this make DS scum? I assumed that the perceived resistance would at least come from possible scum buddies, not an apathetic town.

UnaBombaH wrote: Every time I feel like I'm approaching some sort of conclusion or realizing ANYTHING, I get shut down.
What do you mean here? How are you being shut down?

-Key
Hydra of Prism and Keychain.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:10 am

Post by camn »

In post 2619, UnaBombaH wrote:This game is one of the worst experiences I have had on this site so far
This particular game is weird and demoralizing.
Don't let it get to you!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:47 am

Post by grapes »

Hey unabombah what are your thoughts what happened the end of last day? I'm a little concerned that you seem to have ignored all that.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:51 am

Post by grapes »

In post 2540, Toranaga wrote:right now I'm between it being theta;kise and who knows, and it being RM;aronis;grapes and people in camn;why_mafia or something

lots of possibilities
why do both of your groupings fit better in said group to you
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 2623, grapes wrote:
In post 2540, Toranaga wrote:right now I'm between it being theta;kise and who knows, and it being RM;aronis;grapes and people in camn;why_mafia or something

lots of possibilities
why do both of your groupings fit better in said group to you
it's all terrible level 1 logic for who is defending who. it doesn't actually work and I said that because I'm unable to solve the game.

if we go by scummiest, I think theta is the scummiest and needs to flip before lylo either way. I also think if theta is scum, maybe grapes is town for how they interacted. and from then on it's a bunch of me resting in peace with scumreading everyone but mathblade who, let's be honest, can also easily be scum

I don't see any reason for scum to bus this gameday as it's quite easy to mislynch someone in this config.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”