Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:55 am

Post by Toranaga »

if theta is scum, she just dropped ITT knowing it wasn't a real hammer and did that song and dance of making a reads list etc to escape her lynch. I didn't know mastina vote doesn't count, but I'm pretty sure every player who has been on this game for all the months theta has knows that.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 am

Post by Smocaine »

Just finish off Theta. This shouldn't be so hard.
Toranaga wrote:if theta is scum, she just dropped ITT knowing it wasn't a real hammer and did that song and dance of making a reads list etc to escape her lynch. I didn't know mastina vote doesn't count, but I'm pretty sure every player who has been on this game for all the months theta has knows that.
That seems like the go-to scumplay to me.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 am

Post by Toranaga »

I want time to read the game more
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 am

Post by Radiant Moonlight »

In post 2647, Toranaga wrote:I think both the way you approached amrock d1 and how you reacted to that guy that got lynched d2 are wolfy. I'm trying not to create associations and lynch people based off of them. I'm trying to lynch the most likely to flip scum and in this game this is quite hard.
Amrock sure but it doesn't take much digging to find out that I have zero qualms strategically lynching people who are tunneling me and if you've followed any of my games on MU you will have seen that in action. Your claim about me and DS is straight up inaccurate so you're either lying or didn't read properly and either way you aren't helping town.

For a fakehammer reaction on someone I'm already townreading? Yeah it's not something that's worth changing the game over so it's NAI doesn't change my vote on the wagon on the person who has been guiltied even though I was concerned about where the guilty was coming from.

Do I mean there's no way to read it for alignment? No and I already townread DS's approach to the game and that was the same kind of play and if you were dealing with me with any intellectual honesty you wouldnt be pushing the narrative that I was trying to lock in the DS wagon when I only supported it post guilty.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 am

Post by Smocaine »

Theta scumreading me (presumably) for my push on them while tring Camn who has wordlessly gone along with the Theta wagon since d1 is inconsistent, and makes the reads list look faked.
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:00 am

In post 2651, Smocaine wrote:Just finish off Theta. This shouldn't be so hard.
Toranaga wrote:if theta is scum, she just dropped ITT knowing it wasn't a real hammer and did that song and dance of making a reads list etc to escape her lynch. I didn't know mastina vote doesn't count, but I'm pretty sure every player who has been on this game for all the months theta has knows that.
That seems like the go-to scumplay to me.
Lock they as scum and move to scum number two.

I don't like what the game will look like post theta Lynch regardless of flip. I want to lynch a scum that spews me town.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Smocaine »

You don't need to be spewed town, just lynch the scum instead of leaving a loose end.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 2653, Radiant Moonlight wrote:
In post 2647, Toranaga wrote:I think both the way you approached amrock d1 and how you reacted to that guy that got lynched d2 are wolfy. I'm trying not to create associations and lynch people based off of them. I'm trying to lynch the most likely to flip scum and in this game this is quite hard.
Amrock sure but it doesn't take much digging to find out that I have zero qualms strategically lynching people who are tunneling me and if you've followed any of my games on MU you will have seen that in action. Your claim about me and DS is straight up inaccurate so you're either lying or didn't read properly and either way you aren't helping town.

For a fakehammer reaction on someone I'm already townreading? Yeah it's not something that's worth changing the game over so it's NAI doesn't change my vote on the wagon on the person who has been guiltied even though I was concerned about where the guilty was coming from.

Do I mean there's no way to read it for alignment? No and I already townread DS's approach to the game and that was the same kind of play and if you were dealing with me with any intellectual honesty you wouldnt be pushing the narrative that I was trying to lock in the DS wagon when I only supported it post guilty.
how were you concerned with grapes? IIRC you've been calling grapes town a lot, especially this gameday.

why didn't you unvote after getting the reaction you were looking for? you allowed the slot to be hammered anyway. and how do you follow on a guilty on someone when you're not ready to lynch the claimant when the guiltied flips town?

I'm 'not helping town', ok, what is not_mafia doing all game?

I didn't follow any of your games that I wasn't actively participating in.
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:08 am

I was not concerned with grapes, I was concerned with the guilty.
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 am

I think it's obvious to anyone who was town that my play around the guilty was town motivated. You're implying that I should have refused to vote someone who had a guilty claimed on them and that I'm scum for doing so even when I saw this scenario playing out in advance but I think it's obvious from a town perspective that I didn't have a better play there.

If I'm scum for my approach there, what would my town approach have been? Fish the claim from someone I was hard townreading? Straight up ignore the guilty? You're calling me scum because you have to and would be regardless of how I dealt with yesterday.

Oh and if I were scum I'd have doubled down on the Lynch and used my acting to treat it like a real guilty: not raise questions of whether I have TMI by having doubts about a guilty claimed on town.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 am

Post by Smocaine »

I don't really get what Tor's picking at here. RM's progression on ds/grapes is pretty coherent. Coherency isn't exactly ai, but still. I don't see the greater point.
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:16 am

In post 2660, Smocaine wrote:I don't really get what Tor's picking at here. RM's progression on ds/grapes is pretty coherent. Coherency isn't exactly ai, but still. I don't see the greater point.
The greater point is that two bad town are voting me and he needs to give the rest of his team an excuse to change their reads on me. I guarantee you if I get wagoned the entire scumteam will be on it.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Toranaga »

alright

so theta appearing a few days after her last post to fake that she got hammered and make a reads list is very scummy of her. if she at least had the honesty to read into whether she was hammered or not, instead of trying to spew herself town, I'd give a lot of credit to that.

radiant claiming lynching theta doesn't do any good because he wants to spew himself town is quite bad, but only makes sense for scum!radiant in a spot where theta is also scum. I don't think jumping on me when I'm kind of an universal townread + spewed by mastina (which I'm sure he'll say it's NAI) makes sense for radiant unless he is angling a townread from it, which I think it's rather thin here as radiant is getting wagoned anyway.

but what motivation does town!radiant has, instead of going for a more consolidated and clearer scum read, jump on toranaga sama who has a lot more equity as town than theta does? theta could easily be a scum PR, so trying to flip someone else when he has a more confident read doesn't quite make sense.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Toranaga »

RM, why is smocaine town?
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Smocaine »

RM, who is the second townie voting you? I only see Math from Ginngie's vc.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Smocaine »

:good:
In post 2663, Toranaga wrote:RM, why is smocaine town?
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 am

And wrt NM effort is nai. I don't agree with claims that town are super active in this game because I think Tor replaced into a leaderless scum team by his general play but I don't think NM being mostly useless is scum indicative or that that's a reasonable position to hold. I do think Tor would probably scumread NM as town but Aronis is a really questionable scumread because he's obvtowned at several points.

You flipping scum raises towns chances of winning a lot more than Theta does. Theta does no reach endgame regardless of alignment, you probably do unless people start questioning why you're still alive.

And frankly when your sole experience in terms of games you were actually in with me was me intentionally going after the towniest players for fun you don't scumread me then doubt my scumread because I'm going after you when you're widely townread. Your first impulse would be that I'm scum doing exactly what you've seen me do in the past, not questioning my motivations as scum to do anything but the most ABC thing and your entire last post again presumes an entirely ABC wolf who does nothing but directly defend buddies and push on easy townies. If i were scum and Theta we're scum I'd have bussed her like day fucking one regardless of PR.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 am

Post by Smocaine »

In post 2664, Smocaine wrote:RM, who is the second townie voting you? I only see Math from Ginngie's vc.
found Stalfos' vote lol
Smocaine wrote:
In post 2663, Toranaga wrote:RM, why is smocaine town?
:good:
ebwop
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 am

And yes the mastina comment is nai and thinking otherwise is ???
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 2666, Radiant Moonlight wrote:And wrt NM effort is nai. I don't agree with claims that town are super active in this game because I think Tor replaced into a leaderless scum team by his general play but I don't think NM being mostly useless is scum indicative or that that's a reasonable position to hold. I do think Tor would probably scumread NM as town but Aronis is a really questionable scumread because he's obvtowned at several points.

You flipping scum raises towns chances of winning a lot more than Theta does. Theta does no reach endgame regardless of alignment, you probably do unless people start questioning why you're still alive.

And frankly when your sole experience in terms of games you were actually in with me was me intentionally going after the towniest players for fun you don't scumread me then doubt my scumread because I'm going after you when you're widely townread. Your first impulse would be that I'm scum doing exactly what you've seen me do in the past, not questioning my motivations as scum to do anything but the most ABC thing and your entire last post again presumes an entirely ABC wolf who does nothing but directly defend buddies and push on easy townies. If i were scum and Theta we're scum I'd have bussed her like day fucking one regardless of PR.
being a brazen clown was all he did and I don't think that's necessarily towny although I'd agree it's not the safe way scum normally plays. I see a slot pushing town all game while providing very little otherwise in terms of reading players.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

...Thread exploded will check late tonight.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Smocaine »

Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 am

In post 2672, MathBlade wrote:...Thread exploded will check late tonight.
Please don't there's an inverse correlation between time you spend in thread and towns odds of winning.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Toranaga »

I'm talking about aronis

not mafia did nothing all game apart from pushing mulch for whatever he pushed mulch for d1
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 am

Post by Smocaine »

I see. I waffle on Aronis. It's a shame really.

<<< Would you prefer being pancaked by Aronis?

Me, personally, I think you'd be best off french toasted by him. >>>
Last edited by mastina on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”