Newbie 1836 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ScarletCelestial
ScarletCelestial
Townie
ScarletCelestial
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:35 am

Post by ScarletCelestial »

Zitto is also calling themselves an "it" so Godel might be referring to that...
"99% of what's beneath a Christmas Tree will end up in landfill within 6 months."
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:39 am

Post by acidphoenix »

did you check the queue thread for the zitto / godel thing earlier @scarlet
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
ScarletCelestial
ScarletCelestial
Townie
ScarletCelestial
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:42 am

Yep.
"99% of what's beneath a Christmas Tree will end up in landfill within 6 months."
ScarletCelestial
ScarletCelestial
Townie
ScarletCelestial
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:31 am

@northsidegal I think I know why you're suggesting the Bulletproof strategy plan, but it's pretty suicidal, if you ask me.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.1acidphoenix (2) - OhanaMeansFamily, northsidegal
Gödel (2) - thenewearth, Micc
Zitto (1) - Gödel
ScarletCelestial (1) - acidphoenix
Micc (1) - ScarletCelestial
thenewearth (1) - Voyc

Not voting (1) - Zitto

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Wednesday, 6th December, 10 am GMT, (in (expired on 2017-12-06 10:00:00)).
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Gödel »

In post 20, Micc wrote:
In post 6, Gödel wrote: VOTE: Zitto

I think it's avatar is there to put me in a safe mindset with the cute kitten.
Zitto hasn't posted yet. It's possible that Godel knows of his avatar already because they've been interacting in their mafia chat already.
Like previously pointed out I got the avatar from the sign up thread. In RVS I like to vote for someone based on their avatar so I went over the sign up thread and looked at the avatars, and decided by that who to vote for.
In post 20, Micc wrote:
In post 6, Gödel wrote: Also a fair warning I try my best to get the pronouns right, if I ever screw them up please tell me so the error does not propagate.
This is unnecessarily apologetic. Pronouns are listed on each player's profile right below their avatar. If he cares he'll look them up and get them right.
I know they are and I do care about it though at times I screw them up and I know that some players, rightly so, get annoyed with me. I have noticed that a lot of times when I am playing from my phone I screw them up because I am in a rush or a hurry, I try my best to get them right but I screw up at times and I feel bad for it because I know it is extremely disrespectful.
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Voyc »

I know the BP strategy but tbh not enough to say if I think it's bad or good so
In post 28, ScarletCelestial wrote:@northsidegal I think I know why you're suggesting the Bulletproof strategy plan, but it's pretty suicidal, if you ask me.
Suicidal? Mind explaining that?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

if you guys don't want to do the strat i get that - it's a lot of mechanical talk to go through.

VOTE: voyc, serious vote.
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by Voyc »

Oh, interesting. Why?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 21, ScarletCelestial wrote:2. Yeah, the pronoun thing is stupid.
In post 24, acidphoenix wrote:i think the thing about the pronouns is dumb though
I don't know what ether of you mean by this. Do you think that Gödel preemptively apologizing was stupid/dumb or do you think that about my push. If its the first one, why aren't you joining the wagon. If its the second one please explain why.
In post 30, Gödel wrote:Like previously pointed out I got the avatar from the sign up thread. In RVS I like to vote for someone based on their avatar so I went over the sign up thread and looked at the avatars, and decided by that who to vote for.
Can you explain why voting someone for their avatar is so essential to your RVS strategy that you're willing to jump to another thread to justify it?
In post 30, Gödel wrote:I know they are and I do care about it though at times I screw them up and I know that some players, rightly so, get annoyed with me. I have noticed that a lot of times when I am playing from my phone I screw them up because I am in a rush or a hurry, I try my best to get them right but I screw up at times and I feel bad for it because I know it is extremely disrespectful.
What's there to gain from preemptively apologizing for it tho? To me it seems like a more normal approach would be to make a conscious effort not to mess up and to apologize if it happens and if someone takes offense to it. Your approach makes you look overly conscious of your appearance to other players which I think is a scum trait.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

I think the "thing about the pronouns is scummy" thing is stupid

clarification

I haven't even read the rest of the post and I'm sleeping without doing so night
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
Zitto
Zitto
Townie
Zitto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Zitto »

Hi, sorry I've been quiet, travel day before the holidays and all. I don't even know what you're talking on a sense of safety, Godel, anyone who has ever met a cat knows they are adorable and also not to be trusted. In regards to one of the the two topics that have come up, I am kind of opposed to pushing for the Bulletproof strategy on both the basis of it being discouraged in the wiki and wanting to use the newbie games to practice developing reads on people.

I am going to have to join the Gödel train because: 1) First of all, how dare you, 2) I have to agree that your random vote post really comes across as being the kind of goofy-friendly that you can really only arrive at by calculated intent, and 3) from a bin of at least one player, it is possible to choose exactly one player to vote for from each bin and nobody can prove otherwise and I am obviously not going to miss a chance to exercise the axiom of choice on Gödel.
Zitto
Zitto
Townie
Zitto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Zitto »

And because I am bad at this, I am now going to have to make a second post to:

VOTE: Vote: Gödel VOTE:

Also, didn't see the second page before posting. I am entirely indifferent to any pronoun choice actually directed at me.
Zitto
Zitto
Townie
Zitto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by Zitto »

I am really not good at this formatting thing.

VOTE: Gödel
ScarletCelestial
ScarletCelestial
Townie
ScarletCelestial
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:07 pm

In post 31, Voyc wrote:I know the BP strategy but tbh not enough to say if I think it's bad or good so
In post 28, ScarletCelestial wrote:@northsidegal I think I know why you're suggesting the Bulletproof strategy plan, but it's pretty suicidal, if you ask me.
Suicidal? Mind explaining that?
I've already explained it, that being the mafia would either try to get the claimer to be lynched that day, or leave them until later to be lynched in favour of the jailkeeper/tracker, depending on which setup we're doing. I was just reiterating what I was saying.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:07 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 17, Micc wrote:VOTE: Godel

Two scum tells is a lot for an opening post. Let's wagon this please.
thanks, mic
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:07 am

Post by thenewearth »

Acid is probably town as well
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 36, Zitto wrote:1) First of all, how dare you, 2) I have to agree that your random vote post really comes across as being the kind of goofy-friendly that you can really only arrive at by calculated intent, and 3) from a bin of at least one player, it is possible to choose exactly one player to vote for from each bin and nobody can prove otherwise and I am obviously not going to miss a chance to exercise the axiom of choice on Gödel.
Don't these words look very opportunistic?

Its very "I'm gonna join the wagon because I really have no idea why". This really goes on the radar
Zitto
Zitto
Townie
Zitto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:24 am

Post by Zitto »

In post 42, thenewearth wrote:Its very "I'm gonna join the wagon because I really have no idea why". This really goes on the radar
I guess I came across as a little to whimsical after spending the day on planes. To elaborate on my reasoning, in the same order as above:

1) Godel voted for me. From my perspective, a town member has a 1/8 chance of choosing me as a random day one vote while a scum member, unless they are gambiting, has a 1/7 chance. It's a small difference in odds, but I'll work with the information available.

2) Town members playing well look town naturally because they're genuinely trying to identify scum, scum members playing well have to make an effort to look town without supporting accurate lynches. Godel's first post comes across as calculated to look town rather, from the "Tee hee I am doing it because of the cute cat profile picture" to the "I am apologizing in advance for a mistake I am obviously not going to make because look how aware I am of it", and it strikes me as an effort to look nice and provide a little insulation from suspicion later.

3) I'm a scientist. I like math jokes, and if someone's being extremely generous they could interpret this as humor (The actual Godel showed that the axiom of choice cannot be disproven with the other accepted axioms of set theory).

If you think that's more "I have no idea why" than your voting for Godel because "He seems like he knows what he's doing", I don't know what to tell you. It's barely a wagon when Micc is the only one so far who voted for Godel on the basis of actually reading him as scum. If you really think I'm scum doing a D1 betrayal of my partner, then let's lynch Godel and revisit it tomorrow. For what it's worth, your identifying multiple people not you as town, particularly Micc, who I agree with your assessment on, makes me think you're likely town, if Godel is scum you're the one who randomly voted for him and then tried to pull suspicion towards someone else once the lynch started to look plausible.
Zitto
Zitto
Townie
Zitto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:31 am

Post by Zitto »

Ah, rereading your vote post, it's a little clearer that you're voting on the basis of scum tells from Godel, not as a random day one vote, so I take back most of that last paragraph.
ScarletCelestial
ScarletCelestial
Townie
ScarletCelestial
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:32 am

In post 34, Micc wrote:
In post 21, ScarletCelestial wrote:2. Yeah, the pronoun thing is stupid.
In post 24, acidphoenix wrote:i think the thing about the pronouns is dumb though
I don't know what ether of you mean by this. Do you think that Gödel preemptively apologizing was stupid/dumb or do you think that about my push. If its the first one, why aren't you joining the wagon. If its the second one please explain why.
In post 30, Gödel wrote:Like previously pointed out I got the avatar from the sign up thread. In RVS I like to vote for someone based on their avatar so I went over the sign up thread and looked at the avatars, and decided by that who to vote for.
Can you explain why voting someone for their avatar is so essential to your RVS strategy that you're willing to jump to another thread to justify it?
In post 30, Gödel wrote:I know they are and I do care about it though at times I screw them up and I know that some players, rightly so, get annoyed with me. I have noticed that a lot of times when I am playing from my phone I screw them up because I am in a rush or a hurry, I try my best to get them right but I screw up at times and I feel bad for it because I know it is extremely disrespectful.
What's there to gain from preemptively apologizing for it tho? To me it seems like a more normal approach would be to make a conscious effort not to mess up and to apologize if it happens and if someone takes offense to it. Your approach makes you look overly conscious of your appearance to other players which I think is a scum trait.
The first one, in my case. I'll not put a vote on it yet, because creating a wagon right now would be too beneficial for the scum as they'd be able to hop on without too much reasoning needed beyond your own. On top of that, you may have created this wagon to further your own ends if you're scum as Godel is an easy target with how long a post he did. Trying to convince both acid and myself is not helping this view as getting town players to join would cover the scum's tracks easily (if you were caught and scum). I'm not denying his actions, but I want to hear more. Therefore, I'd rather hear Godel's defence as well as the other player's thoughts first.
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:39 am

Post by Gödel »

In post 34, Micc wrote:
LOL, well I wouldn't call it a strategy, its just that I like to give some kind of reason for an RVS vote, and none of the usernames lead me to anything I could use, so I made the
great and difficult
effort of going in another thread and checking if the avatars led to anything. Just as a matter of interest though considering you are jumping on me for this why haven't you asked voyc the same question? or is it NAI without my preemptive apology?
In post 34, Micc wrote:
I have a history of screwing up pronouns on this site, I have friends who have been fighting for the right to use a pronoun of their choice, so I am sensitive of my short coming in this matter. It is something I care about and I screw it up. I don't know what else I can say.

Zitto I got the joke and I liked it :)
ScarletCelestial
ScarletCelestial
Townie
ScarletCelestial
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:41 am

In post 43, Zitto wrote:
In post 42, thenewearth wrote:Its very "I'm gonna join the wagon because I really have no idea why". This really goes on the radar
I guess I came across as a little to whimsical after spending the day on planes. To elaborate on my reasoning, in the same order as above:

1) Godel voted for me. From my perspective, a town member has a 1/8 chance of choosing me as a random day one vote while a scum member, unless they are gambiting, has a 1/7 chance. It's a small difference in odds, but I'll work with the information available.

2) Town members playing well look town naturally because they're genuinely trying to identify scum, scum members playing well have to make an effort to look town without supporting accurate lynches. Godel's first post comes across as calculated to look town rather, from the "Tee hee I am doing it because of the cute cat profile picture" to the "I am apologizing in advance for a mistake I am obviously not going to make because look how aware I am of it", and it strikes me as an effort to look nice and provide a little insulation from suspicion later.

3) I'm a scientist. I like math jokes, and if someone's being extremely generous they could interpret this as humor (The actual Godel showed that the axiom of choice cannot be disproven with the other accepted axioms of set theory).

If you think that's more "I have no idea why" than your voting for Godel because "He seems like he knows what he's doing", I don't know what to tell you. It's barely a wagon when Micc is the only one so far who voted for Godel on the basis of actually reading him as scum. If you really think I'm scum doing a D1 betrayal of my partner, then let's lynch Godel and revisit it tomorrow. For what it's worth, your identifying multiple people not you as town, particularly Micc, who I agree with your assessment on, makes me think you're likely town, if Godel is scum you're the one who randomly voted for him and then tried to pull suspicion towards someone else once the lynch started to look plausible.
Due to the matrix9 setup, there would always be 3 scum. As a result, it would be a 1/6 chance, not 1/7 Zitto.
Zitto
Zitto
Townie
Zitto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:46 am

Post by Zitto »

In post 47, ScarletCelestial wrote:Due to the matrix9 setup, there would always be 3 scum.
In post 2, Huntress wrote:The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:47 am

Post by Gödel »

we are using matrix6 here, in newbie games there are always certain things like 2 week days, 48 hours nights, no day talk, 2 scum etc.

PEDIT: looks like I was beaten to the punch

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”