Newbie 1836 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ScarletCelestial
ScarletCelestial
Townie
ScarletCelestial
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:49 am

Post by ScarletCelestial »

In post 48, Zitto wrote:
In post 47, ScarletCelestial wrote:Due to the matrix9 setup, there would always be 3 scum.
In post 2, Huntress wrote:The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.
In post 49, Gödel wrote:we are using matrix6 here, in newbie games there are always certain things like 2 week days, 48 hours nights, no day talk, 2 scum etc.

PEDIT: looks like I was beaten to the punch
Oops. Misinterpreted. My mistake.
"99% of what's beneath a Christmas Tree will end up in landfill within 6 months."
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:50 am

Post by Gödel »

How did you get the matrix 9 though?
ScarletCelestial
ScarletCelestial
Townie
ScarletCelestial
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:53 am

In post 51, Gödel wrote:How did you get the matrix 9 though?
Didn't catch the typo.
"99% of what's beneath a Christmas Tree will end up in landfill within 6 months."
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:55 am

Post by Gödel »

putting you down as town for now, the slip seems natural.
ScarletCelestial
ScarletCelestial
Townie
ScarletCelestial
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:03 am

In post 41, thenewearth wrote:Acid is probably town as well
Why do you think acid is town?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:11 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 54, ScarletCelestial wrote:
In post 41, thenewearth wrote:Acid is probably town as well
Why do you think acid is town?
Stirrings

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:42 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.2Gödel (3) - thenewearth, Micc, Zitto
acidphoenix (1) - OhanaMeansFamily
Zitto (1) - Gödel
ScarletCelestial (1) - acidphoenix
Micc (1) - ScarletCelestial
thenewearth (1) - Voyc
Voyc (1) - northsidegal

Not voting (0) -

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Wednesday, 6th December, 10 am GMT, (in (expired on 2017-12-06 10:00:00)).
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:57 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 43, Zitto wrote:If you think that's more "I have no idea why"
Well first of all the 3 points in post #36 are all OMGUS on Godel, one was fuck you, the second was fuck you in particular for voting me, and the third was fuck everyone in the bin but REEEAALLLYY fuck you with RNG that has 50% of choosing you(godel)

And again your response to me on #43 was Fuck godel with RNG but with 70% chance of hitting him, him acting town would mean that he's town (GEE I WONDER IF MAFIA WOULD ACT LIKE MAFIA BECAUSE THEY'RE MAFIA :?: ), and "hey look at me, fakka da u"
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:58 am

Post by thenewearth »

Its almost like you're trying to fire scatter shots like a hanzo main in hopes something hits us
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:37 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 42, thenewearth wrote:
In post 36, Zitto wrote:1) First of all, how dare you, 2) I have to agree that your random vote post really comes across as being the kind of goofy-friendly that you can really only arrive at by calculated intent, and 3) from a bin of at least one player, it is possible to choose exactly one player to vote for from each bin and nobody can prove otherwise and I am obviously not going to miss a chance to exercise the axiom of choice on Gödel.
Don't these words look very opportunistic?

Its very "I'm gonna join the wagon because I really have no idea why". This really goes on the radar
do you think zitto is scum trying to get a quicklynch on godel? hopping on rvs wagons is usually a towntell to me.
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Voyc »

In post 39, ScarletCelestial wrote:I've already explained it, that being the mafia would either try to get the claimer to be lynched that day, or leave them until later to be lynched in favour of the jailkeeper/tracker, depending on which setup we're doing. I was just reiterating what I was saying.
Well, if someone claims BP that'd make them conftown, so anyone trying to push a lynch on them would be scummy, or would get lynched next day after green flip. And yeah ofc scum are gonna try to get the poweroles, with or without the claiming. But yeah, it's pretty agreed we won't be doing that, plus there isn't a guarantee that there's a BP in this game, and this just mechanics, so I'll drop this. Was just curious on why you described it as suicidal.

Also, @northsidegal, wanna explain your vote on me?

And about Micc/Godel, I don't really agree with Mic's reasonings. The first could be applied to me as well, and I'm town, so. I agree that it'd be hilarious if that gave them away though. And I get where he's coming from with being unnecessarily apologetic, but given that it's pronouns Godel was talking about I'm not really seeing why it'd be a scumtell, if he were referring to something else I would look more into it. He was very proper about it but it could just be his general behaviour.
Doesn't mean I'm discarding the possibility he's scum, just don't agree with the reasonings against him currently.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 59, northsidegal wrote:do you think zitto is scum trying to get a quicklynch on godel? hopping on rvs wagons is usually a towntell to me.
its not the hoping into the bandwagon

By all means, hop

its the "the 2 people have an idea why this person is scum, I'll make a point that's not in terms of their points so I'll just OMGUS godel" part that's scummy

Basically I think 1 of the 2 are scum
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 60, Voyc wrote:Well, if someone claims BP that'd make them conftown
Wait a minute... when did this power role speculation start and why is this happening? Ya'll need to stop
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 18, northsidegal wrote:what are everyone's thoughts on doing the bulletproof strategy, for those who know what it is?
How could I miss this I wanna vote this honestly
Zitto
Zitto
Townie
Zitto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Zitto »

In post 57, thenewearth wrote: Well first of all the 3 points in post #36 are all OMGUS on Godel, one was fuck you, the second was fuck you in particular for voting me, and the third was fuck everyone in the bin but REEEAALLLYY fuck you with RNG that has 50% of choosing you(godel)

And again your response to me on #43 was Fuck godel with RNG but with 70% chance of hitting him, him acting town would mean that he's town (GEE I WONDER IF MAFIA WOULD ACT LIKE MAFIA BECAUSE THEY'RE MAFIA :?: ), and "hey look at me, fakka da u"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 62, thenewearth wrote:
In post 60, Voyc wrote:Well, if someone claims BP that'd make them conftown
Wait a minute... when did this power role speculation start and why is this happening? Ya'll need to stop
zitto, this is exactly why i voted you. it seemed at that point that we weren't doing the bulletproof strategy and scarlet's thought process was clear enough that your question seemed like rolefishing.
In post 63, thenewearth wrote:
In post 18, northsidegal wrote:what are everyone's thoughts on doing the bulletproof strategy, for those who know what it is?
How could I miss this I wanna vote this honestly
why?
Zitto
Zitto
Townie
Zitto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by Zitto »

In post 65, northsidegal wrote: zitto, this is exactly why i voted you. it seemed at that point that we weren't doing the bulletproof strategy and scarlet's thought process was clear enough that your question seemed like rolefishing.
I am a little confused, in as much as you have not voted for me and my only comment on the bulletproof strategy was "I don't think it's in the spirit of a newbie game and I don't think we should." Am I missing something or are you talking to someone else?
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

I'm not inclined to vote zitto but I could be convinced

<remind me later here's a thought that I know what it is but not sure if I want to share yet and at the very least would like to decide when I'm less tired>
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 66, Zitto wrote:
In post 65, northsidegal wrote: zitto, this is exactly why i voted you. it seemed at that point that we weren't doing the bulletproof strategy and scarlet's thought process was clear enough that your question seemed like rolefishing.
I am a little confused, in as much as you have not voted for me and my only comment on the bulletproof strategy was "I don't think it's in the spirit of a newbie game and I don't think we should." Am I missing something or are you talking to someone else?
err, sorry, meant to say voyc.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

nsg idk what alignment you are and thinking about it gives me a headache pls fix

ms sux
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by thenewearth »

because it was the source
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by thenewearth »

ya know what

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Zitto

One or the other
OhanaMeansFamily
OhanaMeansFamily
Townie
OhanaMeansFamily
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:15 am

Post by OhanaMeansFamily »

So finished catching up, and definitely a lot different than the day 1 in my first game. Day 1 is definitely the weirdest part for me transitioning to forum mafia. I don't really like the heavy dissecting of a first post in a thread, with the zitto/godel stuff

Even for the day 1 with the lack of information it seems a bit weak, but i'm not sure if it's more likely to be an overeager town or scum trying their best to pretend to hunt scum and jumping the gun.

And so far i've pretty much disagreed with everything scarlet has posted, the suicidal comment, and the odd stance on wagons but I'm leaning more town, as while i disagree it really doesn't seem like the posts scum would make to me.

Also I'm pretty solidly town on thenewearth for now, but if you're willing to elaborate on why you think acidphoenix is town I would be interested to know, as I'm not really getting that vibe. His last couple posts I get a weird "hey look at me I'm town" vibe from them.

Not sure if I'm just being a bit paranoid about it, but 2 comments (67 and 69) in a row that are just fluffy and look like they have actually content but really don't say anything is something that i'd generally not expect out of someone who's town.

Definitely still trying to evaluate some of this though.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:09 am

Post by acidphoenix »

ohana i don't see how you get "filler" from those posts honestly when everything (except the redaction) is at least something of an alignment thought

i could see how you get "active lurking" but you.. didn't

ms sux
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:19 am

Post by acidphoenix »

if tne isn't town i don't know what the fuck i'm doing this game

that's the redacted thought i'm awake now

ohana i'm leaning town but loltwoposterreads (i meant to post this last night but apparently i just didn't) (except loloneposterreads)

zitto i still am not particularly inclined to lynch; it's not a strong tr
i honestly have no clue on nsg's alignment; nsg is familiar with the "spew ur alignment game" and i'm going to try to make her play it
micc is less "i have no clue" and more "gravitates towards null-town" and i'm just hoping that'll change when he posts more

leaves: voyc, scarlet, and godel

i refuse to give scarlet any cred for the derpclear on the grounds that assuming a 9 player game has 3 scum seems absurd; i'm not going to scumread for it either i'm just going to pretend it didn't happen
scarlet's other posts seem vaguely scummy though

voyc iso says see: micc

godel iso says i'd probably be fine lynching him but it feels like there should be a better lynch here

ms sux

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”