Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:06 am

Post by Lalendra »

Well, it seems like this game is going to be progressing at a good clip. Hi all, back from Thanksgiving shenanigans and ready to dive in.
In post 45, Aster wrote:Curious is how quickly you backtrack on asking for a roleclaim. Northside
hadn't even said a word
and you already felt like you needed to defend yourself with "no, I totally wasn't asking for roleclaims!". It gives the impression that
you knew
that you just committed a scum action.

There is one more curious thing about asking for roles: suppose Tex would claim her role. We, as townies, wouldn't have a clue whether her role was town or not. The mafia, however, would know—and if Tex is town (like you
somehow
silently assumed in post #35), then its all the more power to them. Roleclaiming seems kinda more beneficial to mafia than to town.

I would vote you, but my vote is already on you from the RVS, so I shall do the following:

UNVOTE: mutantdevle
VOTE: mutantdevle4reals
I agree with Aster's reasoning here, I really really don't like the rolefishing Mutant is doing. It's wayyyy too early in the game for that and is not at all beneficial to town. Even less beneficial is the way in which Mutant pointed out who should be the first NK, like are you kidding me?
In post 47, mutantdevle wrote:Luckily for me, my placement in the list allowed me to choose my role more comfortably. Whether or not I received said role or what role I was after I am unwilling to disclose at this time.
So you acknowledge that you are unwilling to disclose your role; why would you feel that Tex may have been willing to do so?
In post 54, mutantdevle wrote:I hadn't previously considered the possibility of scum taking roles to prevent town having them. Possibly because I'm someone who prefers to boost one's own team rather than subtracting from the other.
Look at this. I mean REALLY LOOK AT IT. He draws a parallel between the two and basically says "As scum, I prefer to boost my own team rather than try to subtract from town by taking their PR's away."
In post 38, northsidegal wrote:wow, finally getting this started - it feels like it's been over a month since i signed up.
In post 24, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 18, Creature wrote:Leaving here that I detected so far one post that looks very forced and one post that looks very genuine.

Free towncred if you can find each.
12 & 16?

Also I get the feeling this question is to just test for people who want to appear townie.
why did you answer it, then?
I would like an answer to this as well.
In post 80, Creature wrote:Ugh, that rolefishing.

mutant, have you tried a newbie before?
I don't like this. His join date is a month ago but he already said earlier in the thread that he has plenty of experience playing mafia, and in case that wasn't clear, he even refutes your noob claim later:
In post 96, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 88, Creature wrote:What I'm worried about mutantdevle is that he has no idea of how mafia works here. So I'm thinking his rolefishing is town motivated even if it's pretty bad.
I’m familiarising myself with how things work on this site. I’m yet to complete a game here but I am currently in 3 of them. On the EE forums however I have played at least 6 games and even hosted one. The mafia culture there is a lot different though. So basically I’m not completely inexperienced and I wouldn’t want anyone to discard me as that.
I almost think that Creature is a scumbuddy who is trying to help out Mutant, and Mutant is just too prideful to take the bait.
In post 102, wilky wrote: I told you that scum participated in the draft... Surely that's better than saying look at the setup :lol:

Firstly, you played a "I don't know how this setup works" trick to look more town, then you took the conversation off topic and tried to keep it off topic, seems scummy to me.

VOTE: Chip butty
I don't like how Wilky is willfully ignoring the rolefishing issue which has generated so much discussion otherwise.
In post 108, Chip Butty wrote:If i had to pick 3 right now:

Wilky for being squirmy and casting a defensive vote.
Mutant for blatant and ill-advised role fishing.
Aster for too much setup spec.

In no particular order yet...
I don't know how I feel about this, he acknowledges the issue with Mutant but it seems obligatory, like he just has to acknowledge what's going on.
In post 118, Creature wrote:
In post 12, Aster wrote:VOTE: mutantdevie for bandwagoning.

(This is totally unrelated from my fear of mutant zombies.)
Seemed forced.
In post 16, CommKnight wrote:VOTE: Pisskop - One scum in the group of 1's for sure.

Also holy shit, look at that. I managed to pick the one number that wouldn't screw me and someone else over. :lol:
Seemed genuine.
Can you explain this a bit more? These are both RVS votes, surely your reads have to have developed a little more since then. Also, why are you just now answering this question, which was already pointed out by Mutant as seemingly obvious fishing for towncred?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Lalendra »

Oh and
VOTE: Mutantdevle
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 122, CommKnight wrote:
@Mod: Did mafia have pre-game chat before draft was sent in?
Throughout the bidding phases, the thread is locked, however, mafia may collude privately during this time and then again throughout the day.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Vote Count 1.2

CommKnight - (1) Misatange
Creature -
northsidegal -
Aster - (1) Creature
texcat - (1) Pisskop
Viomi -
mutantdevle - (5) Aster, northsidegal, texcat, Chip Butty, Lalendra
pisskop - (1) Commknight
Chip Butty - (2) wilky, Assemblerotws
Lalendra -
wilky -
CityElectric -
MisaTange -
Assemblerotws -

Not Voting: Viomi, mutantdevle, CityElectric, Chip Butty
With 14 Alive. Takes 8 To Lynch. 7 To No Lynch.
Deadline Timer (expired on 2017-12-10 12:00:00)
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:41 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 125, Lalendra wrote:Even less beneficial is the way in which Mutant pointed out who should be the first NK, like are you kidding me?
I never said she
should
be the first NK. I was simply stating that, as the only player that is 100% definately a PR, that makes her the most likely candidate for the NK.
In post 125, Lalendra wrote:So you acknowledge that you are unwilling to disclose your role; why would you feel that Tex may have been willing to do so?
On the rare chance that she chose a role that would benifit us to be known (as I explained earlier). It could also serve as a nudge to her that she is the most likely person to be shot, if she had not previously considered that, and that she should do something about it if she can. Furthermore, it would have allowed her to comfortably fake claim a role that could potentially make the mafia consider not shooting her.
In post 125, Lalendra wrote:
In post 24, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 18, Creature wrote:Leaving here that I detected so far one post that looks very forced and one post that looks very genuine.

Free towncred if you can find each.
12 & 16?

Also I get the feeling this question is to just test for people who want to appear townie.
why did you answer it, then?
I would like an answer to this as well.[/quote]
I apologise for not answering this sooner; I thought it was sarcasm. I answered partly because I felt like it and partly because it was Creature asking it. I would have assumed that my acknowledgment of the town bait intention would make my response a null tell.

In regards to Creature, if it wasn't already clear we both used to play an old multiplayer flash game called Everybody Edits (EE). In it's prime there would be 2000 players online at any one time. It has since fallen from grace due to bad ownership and is basically dead now. Creature quit the game a long time ago but I still play it. We didn't know each other in EE but the I think the shared sentiment of this being a game we both enjoyed has caused as to have a natural town view on each other; hence why he has been defending me. Well it's either that or Creature is scum counting on my mislynch to clear my name :P (I don't genuinly believe that. I am currently town reading him).

In post 126, Lalendra wrote:Oh and
VOTE: Mutantdevle
:(
I mostly just lurk now.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:27 am

Post by Creature »

In post 125, Lalendra wrote:I don't like this. His join date is a month ago but he already said earlier in the thread that he has plenty of experience playing mafia, and in case that wasn't clear, he even refutes your noob claim later:
The problem is that EE forums mafia isn't a good experience. EE forums isn't a good mafia forums, I doubt it's even serious. So he should be a total newbie for serious mafia.
Sigh
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:47 am

Post by wilky »

In post 125, Lalendra wrote:
In post 102, wilky wrote: I told you that scum participated in the draft... Surely that's better than saying look at the setup :lol:

Firstly, you played a "I don't know how this setup works" trick to look more town, then you took the conversation off topic and tried to keep it off topic, seems scummy to me.

VOTE: Chip butty
I don't like how Wilky is willfully ignoring the rolefishing issue which has generated so much discussion otherwise.

I didn't willfully ignore anything though did I? I questioned mutant on it and eventually said I thought he sounded more idiot town than scum.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:57 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 130, Creature wrote:
In post 125, Lalendra wrote:I don't like this. His join date is a month ago but he already said earlier in the thread that he has plenty of experience playing mafia, and in case that wasn't clear, he even refutes your noob claim later:
The problem is that EE forums mafia isn't a good experience. EE forums isn't a good mafia forums, I doubt it's even serious. So he should be a total newbie for serious mafia.
Personally, I have found it a good experience. My first game was on discord as well :3 As for seriousness we have our fair share of serious players (myself included) but the infrequent games and ~50% lurker count is what made me turn to this forum (I still play there though when games are available).

But just don't pass me off as a noob :P
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:59 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Obviously, I'm still adjusting though and hence I will make mistakes. Luckily, they are mainly post formatting mistakes such as but this is the first proper mistake I have made so far on this site.
I mostly just lurk now.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Creature »

In post 35, mutantdevle wrote:Speaking of which, Texcat, are you going to tell us what role you chose? Since you are the first in the draft order you are guaranteed to have a PR. Hence you are the most likely candidate for the scum to shoot.
In your games was it normal to ask someone to claim so early?
Sigh
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:09 am

Post by wilky »

In post 115, Assemblerotws wrote:VOTE: Chip
You should know better than this.
I'm not keen on this post. There's no real reasoning behind the vote, can you clarify your position a bit further please?
In post 118, Creature wrote:
In post 12, Aster wrote:VOTE: mutantdevie for bandwagoning.

(This is totally unrelated from my fear of mutant zombies.)
Seemed forced.
In post 16, CommKnight wrote:VOTE: Pisskop - One scum in the group of 1's for sure.

Also holy shit, look at that. I managed to pick the one number that wouldn't screw me and someone else over. :lol:
Seemed genuine.
Why does seem forced? Why does feel genuine?
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 am

Post by CityElectric »

Right, let's get down to business.

Mutant confuses me a little. He's either idiot town, or scum, and nothing quite jumps out to me as super telling either way. I'm a little inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt here, due to the low number of games he participated in, but consider my eye on him. And since we're on the topic of Mutant anyway...
In post 133, mutantdevle wrote:Obviously, I'm still adjusting though and hence I will make mistakes. Luckily, they are mainly post formatting mistakes such as but
this
is the first proper mistake I have made so far on this site.
What is 'this' referring to?

Chip Butty's is just bad. Actually, the majority of his posts are bad. and also read a little weirdly to me. Chip, can you explain to me why you voted Mutant there?

@Creature: Now that you have given an answer to your forced/genuine question, mind sharing what you think about the reactions? Especially MisaTange's . Also, you seem to be townreading pisskop, why? Actually, that kinda goes for the majority of your reads so far, can you give me some more motivations/explanations for them?
In post 125, Lalendra wrote:In post 54, mutantdevle wrote:
I hadn't previously considered the possibility of scum taking roles to prevent town having them. Possibly because I'm someone who prefers to boost one's own team rather than subtracting from the other.

Look at this. I mean REALLY LOOK AT IT. He draws a parallel between the two and basically says "As scum, I prefer to boost my own team rather than try to subtract from town by taking their PR's away."
I see what you're saying, but I fail to see why this in particular makes him look scummy. Can you explain?

As for some very early, very tentative reads so far, wilky seems town to me, north also leans townie to me. While I'm not a huge fan of the reads she has, Lalendra also seems to come from a town place. Chip feels scummy to me, as does Creature, who is throwing out a whole load of statements, without providing a whole load of reasoning behind them. Mutant's alignment is as certain as a coin toss to me right now, could be scum, could be town. I don't have particularly big opinions on the others either way.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 am

Post by MisaTange »

@Creature/mutant: (to try to settle the 'idiot town/scum issue) in EE, is it common to setup speculate on the first pages?

Also @mutant: Why do you tr Creature besides sharing the same forums back then?
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Aster »

While I am getting strong "idiot" vibes from mutantdevle, I'm not convinced that they are "village idiot" vibes. Being a VI could explain why he was rolefishing, but it does not explain why he was so quick to backtrack on his fishing. Many of his actions can be caused by either idiocity or mafianess, but his hastiness of backtracking cannot simply be explained by being a VI. If he was merely a VI who thought rolefishing was acceptable, then I'd think that his reaction to northside would be more along the lines of "WTF are you voting me?" rather than "Oh noes I'm being voted for rolefishing". It strongly suggests to me that he had a "guilty conscience" about it and therefore quickly realised what northside was on about.

On a slightly unrelated note, there is one more thing I want him to clarify:
In post 129, mutantdevle wrote:On the rare chance that she chose a role that would benifit us to be known (as I explained earlier). It could also serve as a nudge to her that she is the most likely person to be shot, if she had not previously considered that, and that she should do something about it if she can. Furthermore, it would have allowed her to comfortably fake claim a role that could potentially make the mafia consider not shooting her.
Tell me, mutant, do you really believe that it would be a good idea to have Texcat fakeclaim, supposing Texcat were to be a townie?

While I'm keeping my vote on mutant, there's somebody else who's been attracting my attention:
In post 62, Chip Butty wrote:I doubt that scum were really in the draft.
This statement rubs me the wrong way. It is one thing to not know whether or not there are scum in the draft, fail to look it up on the wiki, fail to ask about it, fail to make the mental step "14 players and 14 numbers => everyone sent in numbers => mafia sent in numbers" and fail to make something of the requirement that open games have no hidden rules, but to actually state your blatantly false idea as to correct others is kinda overkill.

Like, you're not even asking or wondering whether scum participated in the draft, but you're just kind-of-confidently stating something you made up.

Of course, players (humans) who do such things exist (unfortunately), but there's another kind of player that exists as well: those who pretend to be ignorant about some basic game principle in an attempt to prove that they cannot be mafia.

I can't say I've got a lot of experience with this stuff happening, but the last (and only) time before I saw somebody pull this trick, they turned out to be the latter kind (and mafia to boot.) So I'll be keeping an eye on you.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Creature »

In post 137, MisaTange wrote:@Creature/mutant: (to try to settle the 'idiot town/scum issue) in EE, is it common to setup speculate on the first pages?
I guess it's more that the players there don't take mafia so seriously.
Sigh
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by CommKnight »

In post 127, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
Throughout the bidding phases, the thread is locked, however, mafia may collude privately during this time and then again throughout the day.
Now, can anyone guess why I wanted this information?
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 140, CommKnight wrote:Now, can anyone guess why I wanted this information?
so given that scum can coordinate their picks, we can probably assume that there's at most one scum within each given number group. i don't think scum would try to wifom this point when it means giving so much power to town. this also gives me a few ideas about the motivations behind a few numbers, but those are for later - it's stupid to base entire reads off of picks.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 140, CommKnight wrote:
In post 127, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
Now, can anyone guess why I wanted this information?
Again I suspect that you asked for it to look townie. This info was available in the setup.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Well Texcat, there's the off chance they didn't have pre-game chat. It goes on to my next point which North already sees.

It is highly unlikely scum picked the same number, that means that in the event we lynch a scummer in such a group, we can theroetically auto-clear the other person(s) who chose that number.

Also based on the logic scum want PRs. Misa actually gets some bonus points. Sure they'll be ahead of anyone who picks a duplicate number, but they'll never be ahead of people who picked a unique number, thus possibly giving up almost all PRs right from the get-go.

We also have another set-up advantage. Vanilla Townies are actually pretty powerful. If they landed a VT role, they know someone in the list above them got the role pair they picked. Which means if someone below them fake claims a role, they can be immediately called out.

But for now, that's what I got. Mutant is definitely a good start with his role fishing.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Viomi »

VOTE: mutantdevle
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 121, Creature wrote:Texcat - 2
Northsidegal - 3

Assemblerotws - 4
CommKnight - 6
Mutantdevle - 8

MisaTange - 30
CityElectric - 5
Chip Butty - 5
Wilky - 7
Creature - 7

Lalendra - 7
Aster - 1
Pisskop - 1

Viomi - 1

Groups to look at:
{texcat, Assemblerotws, CommKnight}
{CityElectric, Chip Butty}
{Lalendra, Aster, Viomi}
1. I don't think scum gets to talk before draft
2. Even if they did, they could have multiple people choose the same thing just to throw people like you off. It's WIFOM.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Post by Creature »

Scum should have chat before draft.
Sigh
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 pm

Post by pisskop »

absolutely.

is it everyone's first rodeo?
and, as mentioned, its available in the setup on the wiki and OPs.

- we expect any nongambiting scumteam to not pick the same numbers
- we expect any scum who throws away their coordination advantage to not have done the math.
- what number means nothing
- their is no more viability in hunting a somebody who picked a lone '3' as there is a group of '5'.
- being first in the draft doesnt make you !scum, but does guarantee that you have acess to being our vig.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 134, Creature wrote:
In post 35, mutantdevle wrote:Speaking of which, Texcat, are you going to tell us what role you chose? Since you are the first in the draft order you are guaranteed to have a PR. Hence you are the most likely candidate for the scum to shoot.
In your games was it normal to ask someone to claim so early?
Not usually, no. It's only occurred once on that forum for me. It's just my approach to this format of game was that the players at the top of the draw list are more likely to be a PR and we know for certain the person at the very top would be a PR. Therefore I was giving them the opportunity to role claim IF they felt it could benefit the town. It looks a lot less dodgy if you roleclaim after being asked if you would rather than just straight up role claiming.

In post 136, CityElectric wrote:What is 'this' referring to?
'This' refers to the whole 'mistake' of asking for if texcat would consider role claiming. I myself do not view it as a mistake as such as in my opinion it would be a perfectly valid thing for texcat to do IF her role would benefit town members from knowing it. But I get the feeling that others would view it as a mistake and a bad idea to roleclaim regardless of her role. On my part, it's a mistake in that I mistakingly thought players would be more open to the POSSIBILITY of a roleclaim but alas most players have reacted as though I have demanded one.

In post 137, MisaTange wrote:@Creature/mutant: (to try to settle the 'idiot town/scum issue) in EE, is it common to setup speculate on the first pages?
I think Creature's and I's experiences of mafia on EE are going to be different. Creature hasn't played EE in a long time (as far as I am aware). I only started being involved with the EE forums long after Creature left and they had stopped playing mafia. However, earlier this year they revived the tradition of playing a Mafia game every month or so which was kicked off with a game on discord. Since then, they have all been forum games which would be considered blitz games on this site as each day is only 72 hours. There also isn't really many guidelines for the games we play. As such, most games consist of non-standard mechanics. So based on the fact that almost none of the games we play there are "normal" there tends to be a lot of speculation to the mechanics since most of them we have never played before. In the game I hosted I introduced quite a few new mechanics so there was definitely a lot of speculation there including on the first day. In particular, the game I hosted had 2 pairs of players with the same role which caused a mislynch as the town concluded they didn't think the setup would have 2 of the same role.

In short, if we weren't told the roles beforehand, yes. There was a lot of speculation.

In post 137, MisaTange wrote:Also @mutant: Why do you tr Creature besides sharing the same forums back then?
I had initially planned to ignore the fact that we have a shared sentiment when coming into this game. But since he has been town reading and actively defending me throughout the game, it makes it hard to consider he would be working against my alignment. As a side note, for those of you who think Creature might be scum, do you really think he would defend a town member who could be so easily scrutinised for role fishing? If you don't believe that I am town and he is actually scum trying to help out a noob then at least my mislynch would give Creature more of a town status.

In post 138, Aster wrote:While I am getting strong "idiot" vibes from mutantdevle, I'm not convinced that they are "village idiot" vibes. Being a VI could explain why he was rolefishing, but it does not explain why he was so quick to backtrack on his fishing. Many of his actions can be caused by either idiocy or mafianess, but his hastiness of backtracking cannot simply be explained by being a VI. If he was merely a VI who thought rolefishing was acceptable, then I'd think that his reaction to northside would be more along the lines of "WTF are you voting me?" rather than "Oh noes I'm being voted for rolefishing". It strongly suggests to me that he had a "guilty conscience" about it and therefore quickly realised what northside was on about.
I'm neither a VI nor am I scum. I do not accept I was role fishing I was simply asking a fish if they'd be willing to jump out of the water. I had no intention of throwing my hook into the water if she said no. A role claim could be tactical if it is done right, it is not always a bad thing to do.

In post 138, Aster wrote:
In post 129, mutantdevle wrote:On the rare chance that she chose a role that would benifit us to be known (as I explained earlier). It could also serve as a nudge to her that she is the most likely person to be shot, if she had not previously considered that, and that she should do something about it if she can. Furthermore, it would have allowed her to comfortably fake claim a role that could potentially make the mafia consider not shooting her.
Tell me, mutant, do you really believe that it would be a good idea to have Texcat fakeclaim, supposing Texcat were to be a townie?
Texcat had free choice of role. She had the freedom to choose absolutely any role on the list without worry that someone else may take the role. As a result, she could choose whichever role she thought was the strongest. Hence she potentially has the strongest and most valuable role in the game. Fake claiming as something either less useful or potentially damaging for the mafia if they were to target her could prevent them from doing so. Personally, I would consider the act of fake claiming as a little selfish since there are the dangers of someone CC and it would divert the kill to someone else but I put the option there for if she wanted to take it.
I mostly just lurk now.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:02 am

Post by wilky »

In post 143, CommKnight wrote:Well Texcat, there's the off chance they didn't have pre-game chat. It goes on to my next point which North already sees.

It is highly unlikely scum picked the same number, that means that in the event we lynch a scummer in such a group, we can theroetically auto-clear the other person(s) who chose that number.

Also based on the logic scum want PRs. Misa actually gets some bonus points. Sure they'll be ahead of anyone who picks a duplicate number, but they'll never be ahead of people who picked a unique number, thus possibly giving up almost all PRs right from the get-go.

We also have another set-up advantage. Vanilla Townies are actually pretty powerful. If they landed a VT role, they know someone in the list above them got the role pair they picked. Which means if someone below them fake claims a role, they can be immediately called out.

But for now, that's what I got. Mutant is definitely a good start with his role fishing.

On the contrary, I have read a pick your power game on this site (i'm on my lunch break just now but will have a look for the game tonight if others want to read it) and scum did wagon numbers in the draft. Not all of course, they had if I remember correctly two wagons then a few individual numbers.

Return to “Completed Open Games”