Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 224, Kokichi Oma wrote:How...Disappointing. Some of you let things like feelings get in the way.
Well excuse me, but im a human being, not a robot

(inb4 Keebo calls me robophobic)
Back to my old main for now

/quit indefinitely
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 208, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:Btw if anyone puts A50 at L-1 before other people have posted im going to powerlynch them with the entire force of my abilities, and im not gonna take any "I WAS RVSING COZ I MISSED IT" excuses.
This is bad regardless of your alignment. If you're too worried about me getting lynched prematurely you should have unvoted. Warning others not to vote me when you are in act voting me is commonly a tactic by scum-trying-to-look-town. Now I'm not calling you scum, but -as I said- it's a tactic commonly used by scum, so...

Anyway, I'd disregard that warning if I was anyone else. Remember: Furyans... Defiant to the end. :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

If you allow yourself to remove your levelheadedness, how do you expect to find the culprits accurately?
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 200, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 197, cytheflyguy wrote:
In post 191, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 188, cytheflyguy wrote:If someone owns Fort Knox, then he is rich. Bill Gates is rich. Therefore, Bill Gates owns Fort Knox.). Your argument is basically holds the same lack of logic: If someone thought your read of them is stronger then they actually are, they are an overreacting scum. A50 thought the read was stronger than it was. He is an overreacting scum.
I think you'll find this isn't an equivalent logical statement.

You sure do like logic, don't you?
How is it not the equivalent? The example was [Claim A leads to Claim B] [Elaboration on Claim B] [Elaboration is Claim A] and the statement that follows is the same thing. You cannot assume that someone over reading a read means they're scum any more than Bill Gates owning Fort Knox because he's rich.

And I suppose. I want to be able to contribute more to mafia games, and logic seems to be my strongest suit.
I could be losing the thread, but I'm pretty sure you switched them. The first is: If A, then B. B. Therefore, A. Which is illogical. The second says: If A, then B. A. Therefore, B. Which actually is logic. If you want to disagree with that argument you should be attacking premise A because it is in fact quite silly.
Ahhh I see what you mean. It was actually Claim A with the second argument that's being elaborated, not Claim B. However, I fail to see how that's relevant to the argument.

Also, what are you talking about specifically with the if-then statements that you do not agree with?
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 226, Almost50 wrote:
In post 208, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:Btw if anyone puts A50 at L-1 before other people have posted im going to powerlynch them with the entire force of my abilities, and im not gonna take any "I WAS RVSING COZ I MISSED IT" excuses.
This is bad regardless of your alignment. If you're too worried about me getting lynched prematurely you should have unvoted. Warning others not to vote me when you are in act voting me is commonly a tactic by scum-trying-to-look-town. Now I'm not calling you scum, but -as I said- it's a tactic commonly used by scum, so...

Anyway, I'd disregard that warning if I was anyone else. Remember: Furyans... Defiant to the end. :P
Uh what?

/quit indefinitely
Crows
Crows
Goon
Crows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by Crows »

Ok fuck catchups and walls breaking character AGAIN
In post 178, Almost50 wrote:
In post 167, Crows wrote:
In post 164, Almost50 wrote:You can't bc you know you can't, and
you said you have enough experience with me (which is true) that you can sort me easily (which is total BS. Not even Chara; my only hydra p can claim to be able to sort me "easily". In fact, not one single player can claim that and YOU KNOW IT.)
Us Owls have sorted you correctly in Varsoon's Game, however we never pushed it. And in fact us owls have had a good track record fo reading you ((Old Folk Blues, Frog scumread you and I agreed with it, Dram's game where I read you as town, Varsoon's game)
Where did us owls say the bolded ever? Us owls are pretty sure we said that in relation towards Izuru.

But us owls think you are the murderer trying to intimidate those not to cuff you.
Real Folks was a game where we lost our most influential 2 PRs in the opening day, and I was supposed to BG them BOTH, so I lost my power with them both gone on D1. I was bored to death in that game and the whole scum team knew there was no way we could win.

Now you claim to have pegged me in other games in which I was Town, which doesn't really count since I WAS TOWN :lol: I mean, there was nothing there for you to push. The trick is to either catch me as scum OR save me from a lynch (or a NK) when I'm Town.

But enough of this already. You go ahead and lynch me and seal your own death certificate (and AGAIN: this is NOT a Vengeful claim. I cannot venge kill anyone upon my lynch, but I can leave notes to town and they can choose to either follow them or not).
Um
we died N1.
It doesn't matter if you lost your two most influencial prs there, we still scumread you.

The point is.
I have a decent (not AMAZING) take on your play in the past.
Right now I am just wagoning you because your reactions to me are scummy.

--
In post 188, cytheflyguy wrote:Okay sooooooo hmmmm. I don't know what to start with.

First off, I don't understand where this huge A50 push came from? I think that one needs to chill for a bit tbh.

Also, I find it near impossible to scum or town read anyone because all I see is role-playing and I can't see anything out of the ordinary. That with the fact that were already on page 6 when this opened up like...4 hours ago and we're still missing 3-4 players, I don't think enough evidence could be drawn to give reads. At least for me.

I honestly don't know what my next move should be...

Pre Edit:

Nvm I found what I should do.

There are a few logical fallacies in these arguments and I need to sort them out.

1)
In post 139, Mavis Vermillion wrote:The protagonist is never the culprit. Kaede is the protagonist. Therefore, Kaede is never the culprit.
I'm pretty sure this is a joke but this is a logical fallacy known as Argument from incredulity, which means it argues from a point of common sense. Protags can be the villains, or in the DR universe, culprits. These two terms are not mutually exclusive.

2)
In post 141, Mavis Vermillion wrote:However, Almost50 isn't resisting his wagon at all.....it's almost like he knows we are spot on.
This too is a logical fallicy. Specifically the argument from silence, which is what it sounds like. Just because there is a lack of evidence against your claims doesn't mean that you are correct. I've done the same tactic before as town when other people call me scum. I ignore it and let it pass if it's in the RVS stage.

With that being said, I think the A50/Kaede(?) busses are bullshit, pardon my french.
In post 148, Crows wrote:
In post 144, Almost50 wrote:
In post 106, Crows wrote:Us Owls work together, however the owl named "Alisae" is indeed the owl you are speaking to.
BS. Alisae would have to be high to claim he can sort me so early into D1. He has seen it all (or at least most of it) and thus knows better. If you are indeed Alisae then I'm comfortable calling your slot scum for that reason alone.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND Breaking character for a bit.

Kill this.
kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it

Like, why can't I just be trying to sort your slot right now?
It wasn't really a strong read, I just saw something that pinged me and pushed it.
The fact you THINK the read is stronger then what is actually is, is overeacting. And this overeaction seems EXTREMELY scummy to me.

So yeah
we caught the culprit d1

glgl
This post is unsettling to me tbh. It's smart, yes, coming out of your RP which would make you look more town because typically only large reasons forces a person to stop role-playing in games like this. However, there's something wrong with what you've stated. Let's look at the facts that lead up to this.

You quoted:
In post 27, Crows wrote:
In post 26, Almost50 wrote:So... 4 people posted and no RVS vote casted. Any particular reason? Have they changed the site meta already??
VOTE: A50
By midnight we will have the murder in cuffs.
As such, we found our first suspect.
Yes, you did say the word "suspect", but the sucession of the sentences being phrased does make it sound as if you have a strong read of A50 (now, I can't claim what "midnight" you were referring to, but by the tone, it looked like you meant "very soon").

Now let's say on a scale of 1-10 between being calm and excitable, that was a 2. It was a simple accussatory statment.

However, after the fact, the conversation went as follows:
In post 106, Crows wrote:
In post 97, Almost50 wrote:
In post 27, Crows wrote:
In post 26, Almost50 wrote:So... 4 people posted and no RVS vote casted. Any particular reason? Have they changed the site meta already??
VOTE: A50
By midnight we will have the murder in cuffs.
As such, we found our first suspect.
Since you're not signing I'll have to assume this is Shiro?
Us Owls work together, however the owl named "Alisae" is indeed the owl you are speaking to.
Now this seemed like a normal, innocent encounter and was nothing to think about. Still at a 2 level.

Now, here we get to A50's responce to that:
In post 106, Crows wrote:Us Owls work together, however the owl named "Alisae" is indeed the owl you are speaking to.
BS. Alisae would have to be high to claim he can sort me so early into D1. He has seen it all (or at least most of it) and thus knows better. If you are indeed Alisae then I'm comfortable calling your slot scum for that reason alone.
We've jumped up to a 4-4.5. Now, as I've stated before, it is reasonable to assume that the first quote in sub-section A was inferring that the suspect was the culprit. Going off of that logic, this is a reasonable accusation. He's calling bullshit. He doesn't re-direct his vote from Wisdom, but rather calls bullshit and waits to see what happens.

So finally this is what it leads up to:
In post 148, Crows wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND Breaking character for a bit.

Kill this.
kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it

Like, why can't I just be trying to sort your slot right now?
It wasn't really a strong read, I just saw something that pinged me and pushed it.
The fact you THINK the read is stronger then what is actually is, is overeacting. And this overeaction seems EXTREMELY scummy to me.

So yeah
we caught the culprit d1

glgl
Soooo yeah. This went up to a solid 8. This post is the most overexaggerated in terms of drama. It's drawing more appeal to emotion than actual facts. The core of this argument is that he "overblew" the conversation, when it fact it was the other way around. Also, there's a key fallacy in this that makes no sense. This is called affirming the consequent. (Ex [source: Wikipedia]: If someone owns Fort Knox, then he is rich. Bill Gates is rich. Therefore, Bill Gates owns Fort Knox.). Your argument is basically holds the same lack of logic:
If someone thought your read of them is stronger then they actually are, they are an overreacting scum. A50 thought the read was stronger than it was. He is an overreacting scum.
I doubt nothing is seen wrong in this context, but let me change some things around to make my point (Note: I'm not saying this happened, but follow this logic as if it did):
If you thought someone else's read of you is stronger then they actually are, you are an overreacting scum. You thought the read was stronger than it was. You are an overreacting scum.
In order for something to be logical, it needs to be universally true. If you were in the exact same position as A50, you'd see how that is not the best logical argument as you think it assumes over reading a read=overreaction=being scum, when however he A) Did not overreact, to begin with, and B) had a logical reasoning to think the way he did and C) that's a 3 step logical leap that could be incorrectly applied to other people in other games when they have, in fact, been proven to be town.

You could have trapped people into that logic, but it's kinda...not sound.

VOTE: Crows

Idek wtf is up with Kaede being scumread but that's hella baseless.

tl;dr: People made some logical fallacies like argument from silence, and affirming the consequent, which would incriminate A50 if people fell for them. Also it's too early to say Kaede can't do any wrong.
OKAAAAAAAAAAY this is a lot.
First off I am breaking character because its easier for me to explain what I want and why out of it. That is a weak as fuck attempt to get towncred, and I don't need it, I can be town based on my own play, which I am very, very, very clearly am.
Secondly, from what I'm understanding, you think the progression is unnatural, right? Ok, yes he did overeact, mostly because apparently I'm scum. There is no doubt here. It's just that. If he was actually town, he would be interested in why I voted him instead of calling me scum right out the gate. He would try to sort me, and maybe try to understand my thought process. Instead it's just I'm scum, no doubts, because apparently A50 thinks I "can't read him when I said I can" (which is false before those posts btw). There IS no logic in thinking why he did, there is NO sorting attempt to try to help me read him, its just I'm scum for trying to sort him and leading an early wagon on him.

IE your point is just wrong imo.

--
In post 220, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:
In post 212, Almost50 wrote:1- @Town Vig: Please take out Shuichi.
I'm 95% against this.
In post 212, Almost50 wrote:3- @Town: If COWS IN PARTICULAR flips Scum, go for Mavis next.
I dont understand why?
He thinks because Yume is siding with me she is aligned with me LMFAO
Crows
Crows
Goon
Crows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Crows »

In post 167, Crows wrote:Where did us owls say the bolded ever? Us owls are pretty sure we said that in relation towards Izuru.
H
E
Y
A
I
D
O
N
'
T
C
A
R
E
A
B
O
U
T
B
R
E
A
K
I
N
G
C
H
A
R
A
C
T
E
R
W
H
E
R
E
D
I
D
I
S
A
Y
T
H
I
S
?

Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 226, Almost50 wrote:Now I'm not calling you scum, but -as I said- it's a tactic commonly used by scum, so...
Like wth is this?

/quit indefinitely
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 134, Almost50 wrote:
@Mod: Can we like try to use the accurate names in the vote count? I mean, I didn't realize Himiko was replaced by their hydra (my fault) but I also wa looking for an "Izuru" in the VC until I finally realized you have them down as "Ikura".
MY BAD YOUR MOD HAS RUN ON VERY LITTLE SLEEP GETTING THIS SET UP ;_;
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

Anyway.
1) Just because i dont want you lynched quick, doesnt mean i have any reason to remove my vote if i dont have any reason to TR you then I wont, simple as that.
2) If it's a "tactic commonly used by scum" why arent you SRing me for it?

/quit indefinitely
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 220, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:
In post 212, Almost50 wrote:3- @Town: If COWS IN PARTICULAR flips Scum, go for Mavis next.
I dont understand why?
The two (Yume and Alisae) have a history of "not gelling together" so to speak. It seemed weird enough for her to sheep him for no apparent reason here. Yume has no qualms with me either, so she's not voting me for "personal reasons". I have rarely seen her in agreement with Alisae though, so this feels super weird on D1 and without the guidance of certain other players who are not even in this game. *Shrug*

Miu Iruma
Miu Iruma
Goon
Miu Iruma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Miu Iruma »

Ego dickcheeses
Crows
Crows
Goon
Crows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Crows »

In post 235, Almost50 wrote:The two (Yume and Alisae) have a history of "not gelling together" so to speak.
I only read this sentence
This is so wrong
on so many fucking levels.
I like Yume's play and she likes mine.
We can come to agreement to things, we don't disagree with much usually.
Varsoon's game was different because I felt like her openning was scummy, but this.

This is just wrong.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 230, Crows wrote:Right now I am just wagoning you because your reactions to me are scummy.
Well then, that's that. You get to lynch me here and then I get to point it out everytime you claim you can read me for shit. Easy peasy. :P

Crows
Crows
Goon
Crows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Crows »

In post 238, Almost50 wrote:
In post 230, Crows wrote:Right now I am just wagoning you because your reactions to me are scummy.
Well then, that's that. You get to lynch me here and then I get to point it out everytime you claim you can read me for shit. Easy peasy. :P
Yeah well we're not scum
what do you think of cy?
Miu Iruma
Miu Iruma
Goon
Miu Iruma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Miu Iruma »

Why the fuck is Izuru Kumstainkura in a V3 game?!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 234, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:1) Just because i dont want you lynched quick, doesnt mean i have any reason to remove my vote if i dont have any reason to TR you then I wont, simple as that.
WRONG. If you don't want me lynched quick, you do what you can to delay that lynch. After all, you CAN get back on the wagon anytime you feel my lynch is due. Right?
In post 234, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:2) If it's a "tactic commonly used by scum" why arent you SRing me for it?
Because it's not enough a reason for me to scum read you, but I did make it clear that I'm not Town reading you either.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 239, Crows wrote:what do you think of cy?
Now this is new!! You also lost your ability to read??

Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 241, Almost50 wrote:WRONG. If you don't want me lynched quick, you do what you can to delay that lynch. After all, you CAN get back on the wagon anytime you feel my lynch is due. Right?
Hmm, I guess you do have a point there. But I dont really have anywhere else to put my vote on to begin with and I think the pressure on you is good. Why do you think I could be town thinking this and not scum?
In post 241, Almost50 wrote:Because it's not enough a reason for me to scum read you, but I did make it clear that I'm not Town reading you either.
Why?, and why did you need to make it clear that you're not townreading me? why not pressure me? why not try to find out?

And after all this why is your vote still sitting on your RVS?

/quit indefinitely
Crows
Crows
Goon
Crows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Crows »

In post 242, Almost50 wrote:
Alright we're on no talking just rope terms I get it I get it.
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 244, Crows wrote:
In post 242, Almost50 wrote:
Alright we're on no talking just rope terms I get it I get it.
I read this and i cant help but picture 2 cowboys fighting each other with lassos.

/quit indefinitely
Miu Iruma
Miu Iruma
Goon
Miu Iruma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Miu Iruma »

In post 136, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 134, Almost50 wrote:
@Mod: Can we like try to use the accurate names in the vote count? I mean, I didn't realize Himiko was replaced by their hydra (my fault) but I also wa looking for an "Izuru" in the VC until I finally realized you have them down as "Ikura".
I think the mod should protest this by using even wronger names.

Also man this post is mega tone deaf. You're here enough to read VCs and have nothing else to say here?
Hey Sherlock Homo this post is even shittier than my morning turd
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

Cool anyone else want to insult me? I'm here all week
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 247, Shuichi Saihara wrote:Cool anyone else want to insult me? I'm here all week
*hug*

/quit indefinitely
Miu Iruma
Miu Iruma
Goon
Miu Iruma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Miu Iruma »

In post 247, Shuichi Saihara wrote:Cool anyone else want to insult me? I'm here all week
Don't take it personally you shit eating worm, I just pinged my scumdar that you were going after someone for correcting a vote count, people look at votes before catching up on other stuff all the time

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”