Newbie 1838: Pirates vs Ninjas: GAME OVER!

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Newbie 1838: Pirates vs Ninjas: GAME OVER!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

Newbie 1838 - Pirates vs Ninjas

Moderator: fferyllt

In this game, we will settle once and for all that great question of the ages: Who would win in an all-out fight? Pirates, with their use of old school and modern weaponry and their domination of the high seas? Or Ninjas with their superior mental and physical capabilities, as well their use of silent, deadly gadgetry? The flavor is purely for your (and my!) enjoyment and has no effect whatsoever on the Matrix 6 newbie game setup and rules.

Player List (9)

smilefires
Alonzo
TheGoldenParadox
Jodaxq
Blooper

Nauci
wilky
acidphoenix (SE)
mozamis (SE)
Bellaphant (IC)

Spoiler: Alive
smilefires
Alonzo
Jodaxq
Nauci
wilky
mozamis
Bellaphant

Spoiler: Dead

acidphoenix,
Mafia Goon
was lynched on
mozamis,
Vanilla townie
died on
TheGoldenParadox,
Mafia Goon
was lynched on

Spoiler: Modkilled
Let's not go there

Spoiler: Vote Counter Settings
Living Playerssmilefires
Alonzo
TheGoldenParadox
Jodaxq (replaces Blooper)
Nauci
wilky
Bellaphant

Links
Last edited by fferyllt on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

Newbie Setup

Matrix6 (as designed by Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup. For example Row 1 (1 jailkeeper, 1 vanilla townie, 1 mafia goon) would add an additional 5 vanilla townies and 1 mafia goon, for a total setup of 1 jailkeeper, 6 vanilla townies, and 2 mafia goons.

*Roleblocker will take precedence over jailkeeper when resolving night actions should that apply.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk in during Pregame, and during Night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk in during Pregame, and during Night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.
r

The game thread is here.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 am

Post by fferyllt »

Rules:

In-Game Behavior

Site Rules are in effect. Please familiarize yourself and adhere to them.

2. Posts consisting purely of insults without game content are not tolerated. I penalize such posts with a strike. Three strikes and you're out. Severe issues will be reported to the listmods.

3. Claiming scum is allowed. Claiming scum with another player (whether as a joke or not) will result in severe consequences for you, and consequences for your team.

4. Play towards your win condition. Gambits are fine, directly harming your own team is not.

5. Loophole abuse is not tolerated.

6. Have fun! The Mafiascum community is irrascible and grumpy at times, but there are a lot of great people who play, discuss mafia game theory and practice, and discuss life, the universe and everything, too. During and after this game, please take a look around the site and get to know us. I think you'll like what you see.

Voting and Deadlines:

1. Voting must be bolded in the form
Vote: Player
- bold tags

Code: Select all

[b]Vote: Player[/b]
or

VOTE: Player vote tags

Code: Select all

[vote]Player[/vote]

or else they will not be counted. Unvotes are not required to change your vote, but they are helpful. Please note: I'm using an automated vote counter.
If you don't use the vote tags, be sure to add a colon after the word "Vote".

2. I don't mind if you use nicknames/abbreviations when you vote someone. But if I have no idea who you're voting for, then the vote won't be counted. Please note: the vote counting application may be more finicky about nicknames than I am. If you notice that your vote hasn't been recorded, please let me know.

3. Lynches require a majority of votes: (number of living players/2) +1, rounded down.

4. If there's no majority at deadline, there's no lynch.

5. When the hammer vote is cast, all players, including the lynched may talk freely until the final vote count and lynched player's card-flip have been posted. I will lock the game thread at that time.

6. Once you are dead, you may not post in the game thread again. Not even a "Bah" post.

7. Deadlines are set at two weeks and extensions will only be given in the most extreme of circumstances.

Prods and Replacements:

1. Prods will be given if you do not post in
48 hours

2. You will be replaced if you either do not respond to a prod, or need to be prodded more than 3 times total. You may request for a player to be prodded at any time, but the less you request, the happier your mod is. Prods requested when a player has been absent for less than 48 hours do not count for replacement purposes.

3. If you're V/LA (vacation/limited access), make sure I know. If you are V/LA for more than a week, I suggest requesting replacement, but that's not required. If a lengthy V/LA is adversely affecting the game (e.g., if you are not able to post minimally during that time), then your mod may replace you.without penalty.

Misc.

1. Dark Blue (#004080) is the color I will use for mod posts. Please don’t use this color or otherwise try to make your posts look like mod posts.

2. You can talk about the game in the private threads given to you via PM, assuming you were given one. Otherwise, please refrain from talking about this game outside of this thread, and don't talk about other games inside of this game. This is a sitewide rule. See announcement here.

3. No editing, deleting, using invisible texts, write in code, etc...

4. Don't quote or talk about any mod-recieved PMs. Your flavor is for you to enjoy and you only until the end of the game.

5. I make mistakes. If you notice I make one, please let me know.

6. Questions are vastly preferable to Modkills. If you're thinking about to do something that you're unsure is within the letter or spirit of these rules and the game of mafia, then tell me about it first.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

Role PMs
will go out shortly
. Please confirm that you have read and understood your role PM by replying to it with your alignment in this game. Once 8 of 9 players have confirmed, the game will start.

I will update this post as we progress through the pre-game phase.

Update 1: Role PMs have gone out! Day 1 will start as soon as 8 players have confirmed.

Confirmation count: 8 of 9 players

Day 1 will start momentarily!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-1
Day 1 Begins!

Not Voting
(9): smilefires, wilky, acidphoenix, TheGoldenParadox, mozamis, Blooper, Alonzo, Nauci, Bellaphant

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: December 16, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-12-15 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- mozamis has (expired on 2017-12-04 12:39:50) in which to post before I must seek a replacement.

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:42 am

Post by wilky »

VOTE: Blooper

Lets get this started.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:52 am

Post by acidphoenix »

VOTE: smilefires
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: acid p

Why a naked vote?

Hi all, Ic spiel to come later. I know none of you, let's get started!
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:15 am

Post by mozamis »

VOTE: thegoldenparadox[/vote

because PARADOXICALLY I like the name.

ha bloody ha
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:17 am

Post by mozamis »

VOTE: thegoldenparadox

also
@ Mod
- why am i listed as in danger of needing a prod? thought the game only started this afternoon

also, a noobie game! its been years! i'm not the IC, but if you wanted any advice feel free to ask!
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:29 am

Post by Bellaphant »

You might've been slow to confirm?
smilefires
smilefires
Townie
smilefires
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:39 am

Post by smilefires »

Sup nerds

VOTE: acidphoenix
In post 7, Bellaphant wrote:VOTE: acid p

Why a naked vote?
He knows me. Only time will tell whether I eat another Night 1 kill from him though.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:57 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 10, Bellaphant wrote:You might've been slow to confirm?
yeah, my bad i got the pm last night, didn't check it until this afternoon
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:00 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 11, smilefires wrote:He knows me. Only time will tell whether I eat another Night 1 kill from him though.
how many games have you played on this site?
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:21 am

Post by acidphoenix »

afaik this is smiles second game on ms

and can confirm naked vote for knowing
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
smilefires
smilefires
Townie
smilefires
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:29 am

Post by smilefires »

In post 13, mozamis wrote:
In post 11, smilefires wrote:He knows me. Only time will tell whether I eat another Night 1 kill from him though.
how many games have you played on this site?
Only one (Newbie 1824) before this one.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:45 am

Post by Alonzo »

Greetings from England
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

Why all the random votes? We should at least have some sort of reason before we start lynching people.
On that happy note, VOTE: Blooper
:)
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Nauci »

Hello all!

Friendly neighborhood Town Commuting Novice Jester here, providing some info!

I have quite a few games under my belt but am relatively new to this site (this is technically my first newbie game but I replaced into one 2 pages in before). People use a lot of abbreviations and terminology and I'll do my best to explain the ones I remember having to look up:

AI/NAI
- Alignment Indicative/Not Alignment Indicative - denotes whether or not someone thinks <event> has something to do with what alignment they are
PR
- Power Role (e.g. town cop, or mafia roleblocker)
pr
- post restriction. Sometimes in flavor games people get silly post restrictions, sometimes people self impose them. Examples can be silly stuff like only posting haikus, or using rainbow text, or having to make puns
FOS
- Finger of Suspicion - To FOS someone is to suspect them
OMGUS
- "oh my god you suck" - usually used as a response to a perceived bad post or vote, like if I think someone's vote on me is for stupid reasoning I might respond OMGUS. If I vote the person it might get called an OMGUS vote
WIFOM
- "wine in front of me" - refers to the infamous wine scene in The Princess Bride, and denotes the bottomless spiral of "hmm scum wouldn't do that but maybe they did it because they think we would never think they did that but then we would think they thought that" type of reasoning
IGMEOU
- "I got my eye on you" - watching someone closely but not necessarily suspecting them of being scum
V/LA
- vacation/low activity - someone can preemptively message the mod to explain why they might have low activity
ISO
- refers to a player's body of posts in isolation from the whole game - click ISO button on their posts to see this
Bus
- throwing someone under the bus - usually means one mafia member pushing to lynch another mafia member
Wagon
- when someone gets multiple votes, this refers to the group of people voting them
Counter wagon
- the idea that a wagon for someone was created to prevent another person from being lynched (e.g. scum trying to save a teammate by throwing suspicion elsewhere)
VC/VCA
- Vote Count (Analysis) - the vote counter, and any resulting analysis from who voted who
PL
- Policy Lynch - to vote lynch someone not because you think they're scum, but because of some arbitrary policy (e.g., this guy is such a dick, or someone has been lurking too much, or is doing explicitly anti town things like refusing to read the thread)
Null
- neither town or scum read
RVS
- Random Vote Stage - the first few posts where there's no useful information yet so everyone cracks jokes and votes for people at random until something potentially alignment indicative happens
Crumb/crumbing/breadcrumbing
- a post that might be a hint at something, like if a doctor during RVS makes a joke about amberlamps
Loafing/breadloafing
- throwing out such an enormous hint or hints that it's really more like a trail of bread instead of crumbs (e.g. a jailkeeper hinting/saying they can roleblock scum)
LAMIST
- Look At Me I'm So Town - a sarcastic way of saying a post is a bad and obvious grab for town credibility

Oh and since I got confused on this before, in this newbie setup, Mafia do NOT have day chat.

Also, useful forum tags (spaces added for appearance)

[ Vote ] name[/ Unvote ]
[ B ]name[/ b ]
[ Unvote ][/ unvote ]

For voting/unvoting

[ Post ]post#[/ post ] to direct link the post by number

To quote multiple posts at a time press the + next to the quote button and once you have all the posts you want to quote, click reply.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Nauci »

Damn dude I was going to RVS AP as one of the few players I've played with but RVS is too early for a wagon!

Hello Alonzo! I'm not mafia this time so I will not try to drive a mislynch wagon for you! But I may need to drive a proper scum lynch one. Are you mafia?

VOTE: Alonzo[/b]
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Nauci »

Oops

VOTE: Alonzo
smilefires
smilefires
Townie
smilefires
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by smilefires »

In post 17, TheGoldenParadox wrote:Why all the random votes? We should at least have some sort of reason before we start lynching people.
On that happy note, VOTE: Blooper
:)
lol

They do call it the "random voting stage" for a reason.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@nauci, RVs is never too early for a wagon.

Actually, everyone: discuss!

IC post in the am.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 22, Bellaphant wrote:@nauci, RVs is never too early for a wagon.

Actually, everyone: discuss!

IC post in the am.
Pffft you're just scum wanting me to mislynch Acidphoenix!

VOTE: Bellaphant
Blooper
Blooper
Townie
Blooper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Blooper »

Yay, I can finally post ^.^
VOTE: Nauci

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”