Newbie 1836 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

literally everything tne has posted imo screams town
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i've had a few games finish over the past few days so i should be able to devote a bit more time to this game. this is what i'm feeling right now:
{nsg, scarlet}
{micc, acid}
{tne, ohana}
{zitto, godel, voyc}
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.7Voyc (4) - northsidegal, acidphoenix, Micc, ScarletCelestial
Zitto (3) - Gödel, thenewearth, Voyc
thenewearth (1) - Zitto
acidphoenix (1) - OhanaMeansFamily

Not voting (0) -

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Wednesday, 6th December, 10 am GMT, (in (expired on 2017-12-06 10:00:00)).
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:53 am

Post by Gödel »

In post 139, acidphoenix wrote:zzzz

@voyc @godel @micc @northsidegal can you give random scumteam guesses
Do you mean truly random or do you want some reasoning? If it really is just random what is the point? Seems to indicate truly random do you want player I at least think are scum?
In post 146, Micc wrote:Do we all agree that scarletcelestial looks town?
So far nothing has convinced me otherwise.
In post 152, ScarletCelestial wrote:Godel - All his posts feel hollow. He doesn't really say anything about what he thinks, at least with explanation as to why he thinks it besides in 53 about me. Hasn't done much apart from defending himself, asking questions and tunnelling Ohana. Slight mafia lean because I feel someone can't forget about the game as much as you have and for the fact that you haven't explained anything.
Thoughts haven't changed.
I wasn't really tunneling I was trying to get him to post and engage in the game, something I should also be doing.

I believe that expect that is all that was asked of me, if i missed something please just quote it again so I can answer it. Now some of my reads.

Overview:
Townlean - ScarletCelestial, thenewearth, acidphoenix
Neutral - OhanaMeansFamily, northsidegal
Mafialean - Micc, Voyc, Zitto

Detailed:
ScarletCelestial - Her post just seem very towny, decent amount of engagement in the game, comments on the game play, I can generally follow her thought process that lead to her conclusions. I did not like at all that she put someone at L-1 without mentioning it, bad manners at best!
thenewearth - Not as strong as a town read as ScarletCelestial but still a decent one. Some of her posts do seem a bit fluffy but she makes some good points in other ones.
acidphoenix - weakest town read at the moment but I get a town vibe from him
OhanaMeansFamily - I like most of the things he has posted but there just isn't enough of it to move it up to a town lean
northsidegal - not enough content to her posts to get a decent read on, posted a read list but didn't back anything up. If the behavior continues will probably drop to a scum lean
Micc - Slight mafia lean, I do like most of his engagement though he seems to try and push the town in the direction of his reads instead of letting people come to their own conclusions. I don't know if he is just a very dominating and forceful player and I have just not played with this style before and that is why it may be rubbing me the wrong way.
Voyc - I think the self calling out on the avatar thing was more intentioned to keep Micc from pouncing on her like he did for me, so not giving town credit for that. I too find it strange that she read such an random game. It seems to me that I can't follow her thought processes, her reaction to being put at L-1 is odd and then voting for the only other viable wagon at that time also seems odd.
Zitto - I didn't like it's initial flip flip flopping on me. I can't follow the reasoning for a acid and tne scum team, it just doesn't seem plausible. It's post seem to lack a logical progression in reads, atleast to me.

And that is it from me for tonight
Zitto
Zitto
Townie
Zitto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Zitto »

In post 175, acidphoenix wrote:literally everything tne has posted imo screams town
I would really appreciate any elaboration on that.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

i don't want actually random but i don't want accompanying explanation, just names @godel

@zitto nope i can't

ms sux
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

everything just screams a. gut this is town

b. tonally similar to previous people who i am "locktown never look back" on

c. actually reading (even if there isn't enough of it) for alignments

ms sux
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Voyc »

One day acid will reveal why he's asking for random scumteams....

Anyway yeah, I missed that Scarlet voting on me meant one less vote for you, Zitto.
I like my vote rn and will keep it there for time being

I'll move my vote to Ohana if I change my mind on Zitto.

I put nsg on my random scumteam bc I'm very null on her rn, I wanted to see what she reacted with, but I'm guessing it was too weak to elicit a reaction
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by Micc »

Ok, so here's where I'm at: My lynch pool is too big right now. Need to focus on narrowing it down.

Scarletcelestial is strong town and not up for debate.

NSG and acid are out of the lynch pool partially because I have some familiarity with them but mostly because we seem to be somewhat close to each other on reads. I'm sort of shaky on how each of them is getting to those reads but willing to sort that out as things move along.

Everybody else is floating in or very near the lynch pool. Roughly in order of town to scum:

Ohanameansfamily - I think I like the approach to the game, but I'm far enough away on reads and the low number of posts makes me hesitate.
Zitto - I still don't understand the wagon here. I think it's getting flack for pushing thenewearth because its OMGUS, but as far as I'm concerned OMGUS isn't a scum tell and thenewearth's push was pretty bad anyway.
Gödel - some things I see as town, some things I don't. Probably going to have to revisit at some point.
Voyc - I'm admittedly on this wagon for pressure and we've done a pretty shitty job of applying pressure. I'm not in love with Voyc's response but nothing I've seen is making me call for a hammer.
thenewearth - Disagree with anyone who's town reading her. Totally up for seeing if this wagon can go anywhere.

so yeah...
UNVOTE: voyc
VOTE: thenewearth
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by Micc »

All that being said. there's about 5 days on the deadline clock. Realistically we really want to have an intent to hammer and a claim before the clock gets below 2 days.

For those of you who might not be super familiar with forum mafia or this site: Site meta is such that if a player is one vote from being lynched (L-1) and another person is stating that they intend to hammer, then the L-1 player is supposed to claim their role. Doing this at least 48 hours before the deadline allows for the necessary discussion and/or counterclaims if the person claims a power role.

Remember that its important to not hammer a player who hasn't had the opportunity to claim because they could potentially be a town power role. Lynching un-counterclaimed town power roles is devastating to try and come back from - especially in a micro sized game such as this one.
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:58 am

Post by Gödel »

@acid micc and voyc
ScarletCelestial
ScarletCelestial
Townie
ScarletCelestial
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:29 am

Post by ScarletCelestial »

@Micc What if they lie when claiming said power role?
"99% of what's beneath a Christmas Tree will end up in landfill within 6 months."
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:34 am

Post by Gödel »

In post 184, Micc wrote:Doing this at least 48 hours before the deadline allows for the necessary discussion and/or counterclaims if the person claims a power role.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Micc »

If their claimed role conflicts with someone else’s in terms of what’s possible within the setup, then than that person will come forward with a counter claim. For example a Cop and a Jailkeeper cannot exist in the same setup so one of the players claiming those roles must be lying and will be lynched. If the lynched player flips Town then then the other player must be the person who is lying.

Notice that if the lying player is Town, they have guaranteed two mislynches. That’s a place that Town very rarely can come back from to win the game. Please do not claim power as a Vanilla Townie. It’s a surefire way to make people not want to play with you ever again.

Gödel, did you mean anything by 185?
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:51 am

Post by Gödel »

acid wanted two names of people I think could be a scum pair without any reasoning, I still don't know quite why but I am willing to see where it leads.

also just if anyone doesn't believe micc, I have been in 2 games where a VT fake claimed doc and both time it screwed over the town.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:55 am

Post by Micc »

Oh and here I thought you were asking the three of us a question that didn’t exist.

Let’s talk about the scum lean on me. Where’s it coming from?
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:10 am

Post by Gödel »

Well I feel like i need to break acids request that they be without reason to explain this. like stated before it isn't that strong but my 2 other scum leans are zitto and voyc and I just don't see them being a pair and I see you more with voyc than zitto. that is why i put you in the pairing.

Well I think i said it before but I will restate it here. You seem to be a very aggressive and dominating player. You do seem to be doing a fair bit of scum hunting which I like, but you always seem to try and wagon people and sort of force people to come to your reads instead of it occurring through their own free will, this to me seems like you are trying to steer the conversation too much. I don't see any benefit in a townie controlling the conversation so much, i would thing that a diversity of opinions and inputs would be useful to the town instead of one person trying to steer the game. Since if that one person is scum they could try to move the game in the direction they want to and away from themselves and their partner(the reason i paired you with voyc since you ignored his confession, i also found your answer to it unsatisfactory). However I am constantly introduced to new play style in my games so far so it may just be your style that is pinging me, you may also not be someone who shares all their reads openly that is why you never called out voyce but where wondering what would happen, though I still find it odd that you switched your vote to voyc shortly after I called you out for not calling voyc out. that is why I put you down more as a slight town lean.
OhanaMeansFamily
OhanaMeansFamily
Townie
OhanaMeansFamily
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:22 am

Post by OhanaMeansFamily »

can someone explain to me what Norths formatting represents. is it town at the top to scum at the bottom?
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Gödel »

i assume so since she put herself at the top
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:28 am

Post by Gödel »

what do you think of her read list?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Micc »

Gödel:

Can you provide some examples of me forcing people to come to my reads? I’ll admit to aggressively pursuing my reads - sometimes to the point of campaigning for my case, but I don’t see how my play can be taken as trying to control other people’s opinions.

I don’t know what confession made by Voyc you are referring to. Please help me with a quote.

If you think that your comment about Voyc impacted me deciding to vote her, can you explain how you got a Town lean from that? How does this fit together with your belief that Voyc and I are potential partners?
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Gödel »

Again just my opinion but your aggressive campaigning is what I mean by you trying to get people to come to your reads, just by its sheer aggressive ness.

I was referring to the avatar thing again.

I don't think you voting for her is a towny move, sorry if that was unclear in my original post. Okay here is my thought process on this whole thing, You ignored voycs voting based on avatar, since you didn't want to draw attention to it and hope it would pass under the radar, when I called you out for it you ignored the question and hoped I would not follow up, when I followed up you gave an excuse for it and then shortly thereafter voted for voyc so I could not use that against you, then by driving up wagon on voyc you gave but her and yourself a valid thing to refer back to if either one of you ever flips as scum as to why you aren't partners. I also think all of this may be a bit far fetched, this is why I have you as a slight scum lean
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Micc »

Do you think trying to convince other players of reads I believe in is bad play for me as Town? Do you think that this game is progressing at a rate where we’re going to come to a consensus fast enough to avoid a deadline scramble?

Heh. I’m past the avatar thing. It was a page 1 vote that brought us out of RVS and got the game rolling. I got some reads off the reactions from me pushing it, but I’m not sitting here advocating for anyone’s lynch because of it.

And yeah that’s far fetched for sure. You think I decided to pressure you about a RVS tell that could also be applied to my partner. I think that’s a pretty silly approach to the game for me to take.
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Voyc »

Godel I understand what you're saying but it really doesn't click properly.

Also does anyone actually have a read on nsg? And like, a confident read, not a "well, maybe......"
Bc unless I missed something, most people've got her completely null right
I know Zitto is leaning town on her, could you explain that in more depth?

Zitto, you mentioned a bit ago that your opinions on some people had changed, mind telling us the updated reads?
Ohana, your vote's still on acid? Planning to switch from RVS to an actual vote anytime soon?
Scarlet, what're your thoughts on Ohana's reads?

(scarlet your avatars are so cute btw)
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Huntress »

* bump *

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”