Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

Quick you played well. For me it just came down to poe.

Did you guys ever see the soft claim by CS?
I love MUFFINS!!!
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1402, Apple Jack wrote:Quick you played well. For me it just came down to poe.

No. I caught North slipping, actually.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1403, Quick wrote:
In post 1402, Apple Jack wrote:Quick you played well. For me it just came down to poe.

really? where?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1404, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1403, Quick wrote:

really? where?
Wasn't really a slip, just evidence.

You basically said you knew Thor was going to die.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Well played everyone, especially NSG :]
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1406, RadiantCowbells wrote:Well played everyone, especially NSG :]
thanks mr. radiant stalker! :wink:
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1025, northsidegal wrote:a no lynch is pointless. for one, thor will probably just be killed, which doesn't really help us. if we assume the doctor saves thor then we still haven't really learned anything, especially given that there's the possibility of a 1 shot bulletproof. the people likely to die are also the people unlikely to be lynched, so it doesn't narrow the pool down.

someone will have to explain this to me.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by Quick »

I narrowed it down to you after seeing wilky SR shea after he claimed and no way Derpy is PR there ever unless shea pulls a gambit.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1391, Quick wrote:Thor, I expect some advice. Would really appreciate it.
Well, for starters I'll just say my scumread of you was honest - so feel free to adjust however that affects you if you think it does (since lots of scumreads really will just be slightly random luck).

As I mentioned in the Dead QT I think you were the one who needed to sharp claim BP since you were the first scum posting and did so before NSG - considering your discussed reads here I'd put that at doubly so, the first claimant will usually get a lot of the shine.

You should have shot me sooner, or at least shot Derpy earlier if your goal was to frame me.

I thought you were the better spoken of the scum and had some excellent moments, especially in distancing. Of course I may have been the only one swallowing that, but I might have town read Game off your flip...of course that would still leave me only with a Game/Derpy debate, and I would have track cleared one if left alive, but...if I'd been VT it probably would have snookered me.

Minutae works great as defense but weak as offense - I'd try to keep your scumcases very sexy sentences. You can always do a minutae wall for those who demand such things, but scum definitely suffered this game in advancing lynches they wanted,a nd I think it was due to you creating 'meh' cases and Game being a lurker.

If you want any advice on a particular item, feel free to ask.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1410, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1391, Quick wrote:Thor, I expect some advice. Would really appreciate it.
Well, for starters I'll just say my scumread of you was honest - so feel free to adjust however that affects you if you think it does (since lots of scumreads really will just be slightly random luck).

As I mentioned in the Dead QT I think you were the one who needed to sharp claim BP since you were the first scum posting and did so before NSG - considering your discussed reads here I'd put that at doubly so, the first claimant will usually get a lot of the shine.

You should have shot me sooner, or at least shot Derpy earlier if your goal was to frame me.

I thought you were the better spoken of the scum and had some excellent moments, especially in distancing. Of course I may have been the only one swallowing that, but I might have town read Game off your flip...of course that would still leave me only with a Game/Derpy debate, and I would have track cleared one if left alive, but...if I'd been VT it probably would have snookered me.

Minutae works great as defense but weak as offense - I'd try to keep your scumcases very sexy sentences. You can always do a minutae wall for those who demand such things, but scum definitely suffered this game in advancing lynches they wanted,a nd I think it was due to you creating 'meh' cases and Game being a lurker.

If you want any advice on a particular item, feel free to ask.
Thank you for the advice.

What is Minutae?

When it comes to my "hypocrisy" regarding the read I made on UCV saying I SR him based on not answering me and then me saying I didn't like shea talking about slips, how could I have handles that better?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1411, Quick wrote:What is Minutae?
I misspelled it; minutiae is the correct spelling.
Basically it means 'all the little fiddly bits/fine details"
In post 1411, Quick wrote:When it comes to my "hypocrisy" regarding the read I made on UCV saying I SR him based on not answering me and then me saying I didn't like shea talking about slips, how could I have handles that better?
Well, for starters - you could have understood that wasn;t my reason for scumreading you without me having to tell you ten times, as that only increased my desire to lynch you ;) People town read clear communication, so working hard to clearly understand someone's point is helpful regardless of your alignment (just for different reasons).

As far as dealing with his attack on you for hypocrisy? I would have fielded it about like you did - but without turning it into an attack on him. Your town persona didn't seem to have an issue with him prior to that, and his attack (though, naturally wrong ;) ) wasn't actually scummy. You should have just tried to clarify it for him and move on. Or, even keep clarifying it over and over if you wished, but be mindful of not attacking back over that point. If you had done that I'd probably have just joined the anti-Game club :lol:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1407, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1406, RadiantCowbells wrote:Well played everyone, especially NSG :]
thanks mr. radiant stalker! :wink:
I am not stalker :(
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1412, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1411, Quick wrote:What is Minutae?
I misspelled it; minutiae is the correct spelling.
Basically it means 'all the little fiddly bits/fine details"
In post 1411, Quick wrote:When it comes to my "hypocrisy" regarding the read I made on UCV saying I SR him based on not answering me and then me saying I didn't like shea talking about slips, how could I have handles that better?
Well, for starters - you could have understood that wasn;t my reason for scumreading you without me having to tell you ten times, as that only increased my desire to lynch you ;) People town read clear communication, so working hard to clearly understand someone's point is helpful regardless of your alignment (just for different reasons).

As far as dealing with his attack on you for hypocrisy? I would have fielded it about like you did - but without turning it into an attack on him. Your town persona didn't seem to have an issue with him prior to that, and his attack (though, naturally wrong ;) ) wasn't actually scummy. You should have just tried to clarify it for him and move on. Or, even keep clarifying it over and over if you wished, but be mindful of not attacking back over that point. If you had done that I'd probably have just joined the anti-Game club :lol:
Such a thin line between getting SR and being in the clear. Surprising, honestly.

Thanks for explaining.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Quick I think you just read as not genuine to me, quite a bit. That's what caused me to peg you as scum as early as day 2, along with the fact that you just didn't seem to have any non-nebulous thoughts about the game. You were throwing shade on the UCV lynch, while simultaneously pushing it along. That's a huge tell for me, when someone is ostensibly against a lynch but doing nothing concrete to stop it from happening.

Then you and gp both did a classic scum tell day 2, which is start attacking the person who led the misslynch day 1. This shows either a lack of sophistication in reads (in this site meta starting a wagon on someone, sticking to your guns, continuing to advocate for their lynch and then pushing it to completion is never scum play.) or an opportunism of targets. I've played with you as town, and as town you're much more willing to consider whether scum are likely to do x thing than you were in this game. In this game, you saw action had surface level negative impact on town, attack see if I can push it over. I don't think your reads as town are ever this point and click, so that's when I decided you were scum. I think a thing to work on here is to maybe try to have more genuine reads as scum.

There was one post day 2 where you literally were like "I could kill TSQ. Or this other person. Oh, and I guess I wouldn't mind these other three people as well." Town, simply put, cares way more about who is lynched than you demonstrated in this game. That's something that I would work on if I were you.

Hope it helps!
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

"never scum play" is aggressive. I should say "way more likely to be town play."
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1415, Thestatusquo wrote:Quick I think you just read as not genuine to me, quite a bit. That's what caused me to peg you as scum as early as day 2, along with the fact that you just didn't seem to have any non-nebulous thoughts about the game. You were throwing shade on the UCV lynch, while simultaneously pushing it along. That's a huge tell for me, when someone is ostensibly against a lynch but doing nothing concrete to stop it from happening.

Then you and gp both did a classic scum tell day 2, which is start attacking the person who led the misslynch day 1. This shows either a lack of sophistication in reads (in this site meta starting a wagon on someone, sticking to your guns, continuing to advocate for their lynch and then pushing it to completion is never scum play.) or an opportunism of targets. I've played with you as town, and as town you're much more willing to consider whether scum are likely to do x thing than you were in this game. In this game, you saw action had surface level negative impact on town, attack see if I can push it over. I don't think your reads as town are ever this point and click, so that's when I decided you were scum. I think a thing to work on here is to maybe try to have more genuine reads as scum.

There was one post day 2 where you literally were like "I could kill TSQ. Or this other person. Oh, and I guess I wouldn't mind these other three people as well." Town, simply put, cares way more about who is lynched than you demonstrated in this game. That's something that I would work on if I were you.

Hope it helps!
Thanks for the advice. I suck at Scum and it shows.

UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

fun fact.
mid game, i saw NSG had posted and was thinking it was another game, so i went to post "HEYYY. NSG is here" the realized that it was not the same game. and did not hit submit. lol. SAVED

another fun fact
this game i thought it was is viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73677 and i thought it was that game because i saw that derpy had also posted.
so...i don't get enough sleep
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

Ok
I love MUFFINS!!!
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:26 am

Post by wilky »

Are we getting the other PTs revealed?
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

It's a secret ;)
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by wilky »

In post 1421, gameplay506 wrote:It's a secret ;)

like your reads? :wink:
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

Even a bigger one
PenguinPower
PenguinPower