mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 525, CultOfAthena wrote:. With that in mind, certainly if I had foreknowledge of UCV's alignment I would set myself up for failure by playing in the manner in which I did. The fact that it doesn't even seem like you're considering the possibility of bussing gives me confidence in the idea that scum were definitely hard bussing UCV.
first sentence is a tricksy, WIFOm defence. Obviously, you may be scum and you simply didnt want to bus him, and then hop eyou can wifom it like you are doing.
Second sentence is clearly untrue, as i said several times that i thought that impede was bussing. (altho i wa sprobably worng about that).
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by CommKnight »

UNVOTE:

Wow... I kept thinking throughout Luca's posts like "Why is he ripping on me for calling this D1 and yet he's referring to D1 and 'losing a partner'???"

Then the last post or two on last page kinda signaled someone had been lynched. So I ISO'd Math.

The original post has not been updated and it was only in the past 24 hours. I kinda thought there'd be a bigger post or something to signify that the lynch had been made or at least the original post be updated to have flips... Or even a PM or something that there had been a lynch. I don't know, something more than a casual post with a flip and nothing updated outside of it.

So UC was in my town leans mostly because I've seen his play and it was similar to that of town!UC. I just ISO'd him to look at his "reads" and I say be careful about taking it to heart of flipping the two and expecting to be right. My guess? At least one-two of his buddies in his "scum reads" to intentionally throw town off upon his flip.

But now I see why Luca was thinking I was trying to town-slip. I was wondering what the fuck he was going on about D1. But it's "D2" now. :facepalm: :roll: :lol:
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by CommKnight »

But that's what happens when you guys make 50+ posts PER DAY. I miss something when I expected to only read 1-2 pages when there's actually 3-4 new pages of content.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 551, CommKnight wrote:UNVOTE:

Wow... I kept thinking throughout Luca's posts like "Why is he ripping on me for calling this D1 and yet he's referring to D1 and 'losing a partner'???"

Then the last post or two on last page kinda signaled someone had been lynched. So I ISO'd Math.

The original post has not been updated and it was only in the past 24 hours. I kinda thought there'd be a bigger post or something to signify that the lynch had been made or at least the original post be updated to have flips... Or even a PM or something that there had been a lynch. I don't know, something more than a casual post with a flip and nothing updated outside of it.

So UC was in my town leans mostly because I've seen his play and it was similar to that of town!UC. I just ISO'd him to look at his "reads" and I say be careful about taking it to heart of flipping the two and expecting to be right. My guess? At least one-two of his buddies in his "scum reads" to intentionally throw town off upon his flip.

But now I see why Luca was thinking I was trying to town-slip. I was wondering what the fuck he was going on about D1. But it's "D2" now. :facepalm: :roll: :lol:
Will keep that in mind. Sorry flip came while I was at work and I was out with friends. Didn't want to delay people's fun. First post and a VC in the morning.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 542, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 528, Luca Blight wrote:For emphasis:
In post 527, Luca Blight wrote:
I want it to be known that any votes/points made against players not in the lynch pool will be ignored.
Sure, you can ignore them yourself if you want. You and anyone else should realize that all you're doing is giving scum a perfect excuse to ignore cases on them or points against them.
In post 530, Sesq wrote:
In post 526, CultOfAthena wrote:Sesq, you never answered my question from way back - why'd you vote me in and why am I still scum?

VOTE: mozamis
i was going to make a post saying "read the game" but then i closed the tab and couldnt be fucked to retype it.

read the game. its for reasons many others have laid out.
No, I'm not asking those people - I'm asking
you
. Even more, nothing regarding UCV had happened when you made . What was your original reason for voting me?
thats my answer.

don't like it? too bad.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by Sesq »

also athena, i get the very distinct impression you aren't really thinking about things too hard. you have a very traditionalist mindset towards what can and should be done by town and what constitutes as town play without giving much weight to the specific situation at hand. this will continue to be a problem for the rest of the game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 2.14

cytheflyguy(2)
~ Impede, Sesq

mozamis(1)
~ CultOfAthena
Impede(1)
~ LaserGuy
CultOfAthena(1)
~ mozamis
CommKnight(1)
~ Lucky2u

Not Voting (5): CommKnight, Zulfy, cytheflyguy, Luca Blight, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-07 23:39:00)

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.

Performed 24 calls in 7 seconds. With an average of 0.296666666666667 seconds per call.

Events section later :)

Edited only to fix vote count number as I can't count/didn't update the autocounter
Last edited by MathBlade on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:28 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 552, CommKnight wrote:But that's what happens when you guys make 50+ posts PER DAY. I miss something when I expected to only read 1-2 pages when there's actually 3-4 new pages of content.
i've posted similar thoughts when town, still think comm is town
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:34 am

Post by mozamis »

VOTE: zulfy

Normally I would say "we should have done this day 1" but since we caught scum, I'll let you guys off! :P
but really, this guy has doen LITERALLY no scum hunting all game, less than when town lurk.
i've seen scum lurk like this many times.

obv, there is a chance of him being town and lurking, but if so, we have 1 mislynch available, yeah??
but, as i say this is mainly a genuine "this guy is scum" lynch, with a twenty per cent PL Lurker lynch as well.

Cult is still my other top pick for scum.
Who the last scum is I'm less clear now.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:46 am

Post by mozamis »

hang on, zulfy replace archwing, right?
then we should def. lynch him.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:41 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 558, mozamis wrote:VOTE: zulfy

Normally I would say "we should have done this day 1" but since we caught scum, I'll let you guys off! :P
but really, this guy has doen LITERALLY no scum hunting all game, less than when town lurk.

obv, there is a chance of him being town and lurking, but if so, we have 1 mislynch available, yeah??
but, as i say this is mainly a genuine "this guy is scum" lynch, with a twenty per cent PL Lurker lynch as well.

In post 559, mozamis wrote:hang on, zulfy replace archwing, right?
Hm, so I can see this being a good vote, but Archwing replaced out after 5 posts and his slot is apparently too busy to play the game he signed up for, so I'm not sure if this is a correlation of unfortunate events, or repetitive scummy behavior.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:01 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

Also I retract my statement on Luca's meta reads for the most part. My brain was hella fried yesterday by stress and I didn't realize it until I woke up this morning.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:01 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 560, cytheflyguy wrote:

In post 559, mozamis wrote:hang on, zulfy replace archwing, right?

Hm, so I can see this being a good vote, but Archwing replaced out after 5 posts and his slot is apparently too busy to play the game he signed up for, so I'm not sure if this is a correlation of unfortunate events, or repetitive scummy behavior.
We're going to have to deal with the slot sooner or later. Even if it does turn out to be a Town slot, it's not like they're doing anything to help out. There isn't really any harm in doing this.

VOTE: Zulfy
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez »

I dislike your limiting of the scum pool Luca. Those 5 are the scummiest, but if scum was good enough, they would be on the non-lynch side of the pool. Not to mention, most of them weren't on your wagon. It makes me wonder if you're scumhunting based on who jumped on the wagon. (and yes, I realize this argument could get me into the pool, and I'm wondering why I'm not since your argument on most of them seems to be mainly, reluctant to lynch)

Also, I keep forgetting to bring this up, but what was with 130 and 508? Both times your lists don't really give an objective reason as to why. Also, 130 made you seem rather confident in who the scum team is. You already guessed one. I'll be intrigued if you're correct again. Now you're voting cult, another on that original list.

I must agree that Zulfy is quite lurky, and so was Arch. We can conclude that Arch was busy, but I wonder why Zulfy is so lurky unless that's his playstyle or scum? His last post was a freakin prod dodge.
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:20 am

Uhhh, the second paragraph addresses mozamis.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:23 am

Post by mozamis »

so who would you rather lynch?
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 am

At the moment? Zulfy seems a bit too quiet. If they can afford to prod dodge, they can afford 1 or 2 posts.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:37 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 566, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:At the moment? Zulfy seems a bit too quiet. If they can afford to prod dodge, they can afford 1 or 2 posts.
This.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I don't have time to make a proper post right now, but I'm getting irritated at people questioning my lynch pool so this is the last I'll say on the matter.

5 is a big enough lynch pool - there is no point saying we should consider everyone when the evidence for those 5 is stronger than others. There is no chance of anyone outside of that lynch pool being lynched on D2, and given its half the length of a normal day I don't want time wasted unnecessarily.

Furthermore the lynch pool traps scum - I am all but confirmed town and I've chosen players who all have evidence making them look suspect, apart from Zulfy who simply hasn't posted. If there is even 1 scum in the pool then they will be feeling a little nervous, but my suspicion is there's at least two there, possibly even three, in which case I'm sure scum would try and kill all talk of this lynch pool.

This isn't to say people outside of the lynch pool shall never be considered again - they will be, based on further evidence for future days, but not today.

Now stop complaining and get on with it.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by Impede »

I'll be LA for the rest of the weekend. I'm caught up as far as reading, but less so in terms of analyzing. I think a PL is warranted on Zulfy, but the flip doesn't give us any info really. I still prefer a Cy lynch tbh. Don't really like CoA's tone, but idk their meta... Content seems alright.

In any event. I'll post more Monday. Will park this here for the time being:

UNVOTE:
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 550, mozamis wrote:
In post 525, CultOfAthena wrote:. With that in mind, certainly if I had foreknowledge of UCV's alignment I would set myself up for failure by playing in the manner in which I did. The fact that it doesn't even seem like you're considering the possibility of bussing gives me confidence in the idea that scum were definitely hard bussing UCV.
first sentence is a tricksy, WIFOm defence. Obviously, you may be scum and you simply didnt want to bus him, and then hop eyou can wifom it like you are doing.
Second sentence is clearly untrue, as i said several times that i thought that impede was bussing. (altho i wa sprobably worng about that).
I've already responded to the WIFOM idea in .
In post 554, Sesq wrote: thats my answer.

don't like it? too bad.
Why? I mean, why be so deliberately obtuse when it comes to talking about your motivations?

Also, do you have any completed scumgames you could link me to?
In post 555, Sesq wrote:also athena, i get the very distinct impression you aren't really thinking about things too hard. you have a very traditionalist mindset towards what can and should be done by town and what constitutes as town play without giving much weight to the specific situation at hand. this will continue to be a problem for the rest of the game.
Mind pointing to something in specific that gives you that impression? As it stands, my only response is "you're wrong".
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

but, as i say this is mainly a genuine "this guy is scum" lynch
, with a twenty per cent PL Lurker lynch as well.

What makes you think Zulfy is scum? That's a pretty detailed read for someone with two posts, total - seven, if you count his predecessor.
In post 562, LaserGuy wrote: We're going to have to deal with the slot sooner or later. Even if it does turn out to be a Town slot, it's not like they're doing anything to help out. There isn't really any harm in doing this.

What's the need to deal with him today as opposed to in the future? Presumably if the lurking is actually due to real life reasons and not an in-game strategy, that should be cleared up sometime later. This seems uncharacteristically concise and nonanalytical, compared to my playerimage of you.

This question goes out to anyone else voting Zulfy, as well.
In post 568, Luca Blight wrote:I don't have time to make a proper post right now, but I'm getting irritated at people questioning my lynch pool so this is the last I'll say on the matter.

5 is a big enough lynch pool - there is no point saying we should consider everyone when the evidence for those 5 is stronger than others. There is no chance of anyone outside of that lynch pool being lynched on D2, and given its half the length of a normal day I don't want time wasted unnecessarily.

Furthermore the lynch pool traps scum - I am all but confirmed town and I've chosen players who all have evidence making them look suspect, apart from Zulfy who simply hasn't posted. If there is even 1 scum in the pool then they will be feeling a little nervous, but my suspicion is there's at least two there, possibly even three, in which case I'm sure scum would try and kill all talk of this lynch pool.

This isn't to say people outside of the lynch pool shall never be considered again - they will be, based on further evidence for future days, but not today.

Now stop complaining and get on with it.
I non-sarcastically, completely sincerely apologize if what I'm doing causes you any emotional damage - I'm going to be completely ignoring your restriction, except perhaps to use it to get a better read on you.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

This is the most obvious scum wagon I've ever seen. We are lynching the guy that has posted basically nothing? I get policy lynches and all but we can't find a single candidate better then this? Everyone else on Luca's lynch pool is so much better and more of a quality lynch then the guy that gets us nothing.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 558, mozamis wrote:Cult is still my other top pick for scum.
So do the reasons that you think I'm scum go beyond my relation to the UC Voyager lynch? This is why I said that it seems like you're not considering the possibility of bussing. Take a look at your readslist in and see how it compares to the end of day votecount. I think it's incredibly likely that scum bussed UCV hard for the town cred and are now pushing the idea that people off the wagon are scum.

Also, here's a nice little bit of irony that I found looking back through the game:
In post 330, UC Voyager wrote:VOTE: Zulfy
im leaving this here until he makes a post or two.
In post 344, mozamis wrote:so why are you voit ng somone who has barel yposted and who has no chance of getting lynched?
In post 346, mozamis wrote:doesnt really look like scumhunting tbh
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 570, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 550, mozamis wrote:
I've already responded to the WIFOM idea in .
In post 554, Sesq wrote: thats my answer.

don't like it? too bad.
Why? I mean, why be so deliberately obtuse when it comes to talking about your motivations?

Also, do you have any completed scumgames you could link me to?
In post 555, Sesq wrote:also athena, i get the very distinct impression you aren't really thinking about things too hard. you have a very traditionalist mindset towards what can and should be done by town and what constitutes as town play without giving much weight to the specific situation at hand. this will continue to be a problem for the rest of the game.
Mind pointing to something in specific that gives you that impression? As it stands, my only response is "you're wrong".
1. because i dont like repeating shit and you're annoying me. read everyone else's reasons and the ones ive provided. no scumgames that would be relevant, or towngames. its been a while since ive had my head really in the game.

2. all your complaints with luca's play

Return to “Completed Open Games”