Newbie 1838: Pirates vs Ninjas: GAME OVER!

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:31 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 98, mozamis wrote:
In post 42, mozamis wrote:So scum in Alonzo, Golden,Blooper, Acid, Belle???
as long as we lynch here I'm happy. Its day 1, it's good enough.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:43 am

Post by acidphoenix »

In post 100, mozamis wrote:
In post 98, mozamis wrote:
In post 42, mozamis wrote:So scum in Alonzo, Golden,Blooper, Acid, Belle???
as long as we lynch here I'm happy. Its day 1, it's good enough.
why's wilky town

otherwise looks good except maybe you
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:00 am

Post by mozamis »

guy looks really engaged, questioning AND giving out opinions, generally "game solvy".
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Honestly, no one is generating enough content for me to be super confident in a read - even my read on Alonzo is weak. I'm a little suspicious of nauci.

If you have suspicions of me, you need to engage me. Throwing out a vague scum read and then not backing it up isnt solving things.

From an IC point of view, pressure without a vote is pointless at this stage.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I tr wilky, and sorta moz.
smilefires
smilefires
Townie
smilefires
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:13 am

Post by smilefires »

In post 74, Blooper wrote:
In post 71, smilefires wrote:Blooper, still wanna know where you were going with your question to Nauci about voting for a wagon in 28.
Nauci mentioned in her second post that she doesn't want to vote a player due to RVS being too early for a wagon. Wilky mentions later on that a wagon in RVS can lead to a more serious game state. Nauci agrees that this is a good point. So I wanted to know what her opinion became of wagons in RVS.
I especially want to know now with her mentioning looking into what Bellaphant is going to post. It seems to hint that she didn't like one of Bellaphants first three posts.
Okay. Thought you were saying you were expecting Nauci to jump onto the forming wagon.
In post 77, wilky wrote:
In post 73, Nauci wrote:
In post 72, mozamis wrote:sorry been a bbad day, prod doge
how we doing lynching alonzo
Why the rush?

You've barely got 1 page of posts to catch up on there.

VOTE: mozamis

I personally wouldn't look too much into that post as it was a self proclaimed prod dodge
I personally
would
look into the part that isn't the prod dodge. It's still content.
In post 91, Alonzo wrote:Smilefires... Not sure of their style is intended or just trying to look busy
Confused by this. "Intended" seems to connote there's something you don't like either way.

Also, "observer's paradox" probably isn't as big of an effect as you think this early on. If you see Bella doing something you don't like, she really has no reason right now to change what she's doing. Sharing is fine.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Alonzo »

@smile

elaborate on#68 so i can understand better
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

So does anyone have a convincing argument against anyone? I prefer to not post much during the start game and look for leads and then start conviction with more evidence.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Post by Nauci »

Had a super ultra exhausting day and went to 3 different hospitals/clinics. Will try to catch up on the new pages in the morning.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Post by Nauci »

I know town doesn't lie but apparently I lied and will actually post some of my thoughts now because insomnia.
In post 74, Blooper wrote:
In post 71, smilefires wrote:Blooper, still wanna know where you were going with your question to Nauci about voting for a wagon in 28.
Nauci mentioned in her second post that she doesn't want to vote a player due to RVS being too early for a wagon. Wilky mentions later on that a wagon in RVS can lead to a more serious game state. Nauci agrees that this is a good point. So I wanted to know what her opinion became of wagons in RVS.
I especially want to know now with her mentioning looking into what Bellaphant is going to post. It seems to hint that she didn't like one of Bellaphants first three posts.
-I am now neutral about wagons during RVS. Still not a fan, but no longer against them. Didn't feel like swapping my vote off of Bella yet because I wasn't ready to make a non RVS vote and I don't like cluttering votes between RVS and actual reads.
-I RVS voted Bella and didn't want to move my vote until I saw more posts from Bella and others for above reasons. Still have Bella at null.
In post 75, Blooper wrote:
In post 73, Nauci wrote:
Why the rush?

What's your stance on Alonzo right now?

Two posts from Alonzo ping to me, neither is mentioned by anyone. Before I mention anything about these posts, I want to see more. But I'm not sold on the votes against Alonzo.
See my previous posts about how Alonzo was super duper lynchbait in my previous game with him.
In post 76, Blooper wrote:
Nauci wrote:Also that "townslip" is super easy to fake, and I did exactly that in my one scum game. I give it no credit for now.
I couldn't find this... Can you quote your post from that game?
In my post explaining all of the acronyms and whatnot I ended it with talking about how I was so excited to finally be able to post or something like that to sound like I was townslipping that I didn't have a scum thread to post in.

Even though I'd already test post it in scum thread. Too bad my scum partner got replaced before they could even participate lol.
In post 79, Bellaphant wrote:@blooper, nauci had already moved her vote off me by your post.

Game feels super slow. Everyone, ask someone a question . I'll start:

@nauci, can you explain your read on me?
@wilky, what do you think about acid's latest post?
Your posts read as null to me and I'll have to ISO you later once there are more of them.
In post 88, Bellaphant wrote:Did someone say they'd played with Alonzo before? Was he as lynch baity there?
Yes. See my earlier post. And apparently Acid also saw him get D1 lynched. It's why I'm hesitant to bus him. He's like dunkerdoodle; posts so scummy as town that he gets away with it because I'm tired of mislynching.
In post 93, Alonzo wrote:
In post 92, wilky wrote:Why do you suspect Bella?
Why would I answer this right now?

Gives them alot of time to ammend the behaviour no?
Sigh.

The much bigger problem right now for town is potentially mislynching you. We need more reasons to be able to read you than this shenanigans with Bellaphant.

Give us a reason for your read so we can read YOU. If you're town, it's your job to be pro town and not make us mislynch.

It's really hard to not lynch you based on your posting so far, so I really hope you're scum and not just smokescreening scum.
In post 95, mozamis wrote:
In post 73, Nauci wrote:Why the rush?

gave up caffeine yesterday. Dont recommend it lol
So yeah, i wa son a downer.
Anyway, i herar what you are saying. But i think we've got scum here, so i dont want us to get too sidetracked.
We're not even 1 week in yet, and you made that post like 3-4 pages in. I really dislike this half assed tunneling so early on when multiple players have talked about how he always posts like lynchbait.

Post more so we can get reads on more than just Alonzo if you want to be pro town.

For now, you're my strongest scum read.
In post 107, TheGoldenParadox wrote:So does anyone have a convincing argument against anyone? I prefer to not post much during the start game and look for leads and then start conviction with more evidence.
This isn't how mafia games advance. You can't just sit back and let everyone else stir the pot. That sort of okay is really good for scum, not town. You're my other biggest suspicion.

Bella, do you have any feedback for my analysis thus far?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

UNVOTE:

More when I'm not on a train, but I agree with a lot of what nauci said.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 am

Post by wilky »

In post 105, smilefires wrote:
In post 77, wilky wrote:
In post 73, Nauci wrote:
Why the rush?

I personally wouldn't look too much into that post as it was a self proclaimed prod dodge
I personally
would
look into the part that isn't the prod dodge. It's still content.
I may be wrong here but for a prod dodge to count doesn't it have to have some sort of game related content included. So just saying "prod dodge" wouldn't actually reset your post timer as such. That's why I wasn't looking too much into the post as I had seen it as a get-around as such of the prod rules. If that isn't the case then I would look into the post.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:54 am

Post by wilky »

Adding onto that I like Nauci's answers questions and creates content in the game. I would say though that not lynching Alonzo just because he was lynch bait in other games wouldn't be my preferred way of going about the game.

@Alonzo not sharing why you read someone isn't going to get you town cred from anyone is it?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:39 am

Nauci wrote:
In post 107, TheGoldenParadox wrote:So does anyone have a convincing argument against anyone? I prefer to not post much during the start game and look for leads and then start conviction with more evidence.
This isn't how mafia games advance. You can't just sit back and let everyone else stir the pot. That sort of okay is really good for scum, not town. You're my other biggest suspicion.

Bella, do you have any feedback for my analysis thus far?
Fair enough, and as I am not experienced in MafiaScum games and have only played mostly quicker games with 2 minute days, in those the strategy of sitting back for the first day works fairly well when I am town.
I am sorry if this seems scummy to you.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-4

Alonzo
(2): mozamis, wilky
smilefires
(1): acidphoenix
acidphoenix
(1): smilefires
Blooper
(1): TheGoldenParadox
Nauci
(1): Blooper
mozamis
(1): Nauci

Not Voting
(2): Bellaphant, Alonzo

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: December 16, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-12-15 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:53 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 112, wilky wrote:Adding onto that I like Nauci's answers questions and creates content in the game. I would say though that not lynching Alonzo just because he was lynch bait in other games wouldn't be my preferred way of going about the game.

@Alonzo not sharing why you read someone isn't going to get you town cred from anyone is it?
It's not that I'm against lynching him

But I'm against rush lynching him, and I'm *very against* giving scum room to just lazy FOS him and not give us any other reads.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 am

Post by wilky »

In post 115, Nauci wrote:
In post 112, wilky wrote:Adding onto that I like Nauci's answers questions and creates content in the game. I would say though that not lynching Alonzo just because he was lynch bait in other games wouldn't be my preferred way of going about the game.

It's not that I'm against lynching him

But I'm against rush lynching him, and I'm *very against* giving scum room to just lazy FOS him and not give us any other reads.
I'm not suggesting we rush lynch him either. We have plenty light left in the day and it's best to get as much information as possible.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by mozamis »

its good for us if you could post more than we can sort you better
i fpeople dont post, its hard to see is they are lying.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by mozamis »

also, yes, therei si a strong acse against Alonzo, waht are your thoughts on that?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 109, Nauci wrote:Post more so we can get reads on more than just Alonzo if you want to be pro town.
no that isn't fair. i think i gave out more reads earlier than anyone - town reads on you wilky and smiles, plus one scum read.
as for "tunnelling" - i know what you mea, normally i a mall fro decent amount of discussion, but i just think we've got scum here so we shouldt let him off.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by mozamis »

want to hear more form Bella, golden, alonzo, blooper and acid. the two scum are in there.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Okay. Scanning over the forums I can see the scum reads in Alonzo and Nauci- however, I don't have enough knowledge yet to throw myself into a wagon.
\
smilefires
smilefires
Townie
smilefires
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by smilefires »

In post 106, Alonzo wrote:@smile

elaborate on#68 so i can understand better
Most of your posts up to that point were about people discussing you, or voting you. (See: #48, #49, #51.)
In post 59, Alonzo wrote:
In post 58, mozamis wrote:yeah this is nervous, "jovial" scum.
Why would I be nervous as scum? Im amazing as scum!

Nauci on the otherhand knew im awkward as Heck Town when he asked about it....
This post is an appeal to meta, since it says that awkwardness should be a town tell from you, but I have no reason to take that as definitive.

I think your most awkward post is #29, because Nauci's question is basically loaded by design and you didn't seem to respond to it with ease. That's why I'm calling it forced awkwardness.
smilefires
smilefires
Townie
smilefires
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by smilefires »

In post 109, Nauci wrote:I know town doesn't lie but apparently I lied and will actually post some of my thoughts now because insomnia.
R I P. I was stuck awake late last night but thought staring at a screen would just be worse for me since I already had a headache.
In post 109, Nauci wrote:Yes. See my earlier post. And apparently Acid also saw him get D1 lynched.
It's why I'm hesitant to bus him.
He's like dunkerdoodle; posts so scummy as town that he gets away with it because I'm tired of mislynching.
...bus?
smilefires
smilefires
Townie
smilefires
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by smilefires »

In post 111, wilky wrote:I may be wrong here but for a prod dodge to count doesn't it have to have some sort of game related content included. So just saying "prod dodge" wouldn't actually reset your post timer as such. That's why I wasn't looking too much into the post as I had seen it as a get-around as such of the prod rules. If that isn't the case then I would look into the post.
Yeah, what I mean is it's still content, so you can read it for the content. I realize now it has nothing to do with why you made your post, though.

I didn't like the "how we doing lynching alonzo", to the extent it denies like...basic people/gameplay respect. Treats him like he's dead already.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”