Newbie 1838: Pirates vs Ninjas: GAME OVER!

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:14 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Sorry, I' here and catching up.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Hi moz. I hate day 1. If there's something you want from me, ask me questions, challenge me. Just repeating 'here is a scum pool' isn't helpful. It would also be great if you let us any distinguishing factors between that list: any likely pairs, any stronger reads, etc.

all of wiky's page 6 analysis makes me super happy.

When I was sick, I was trying to say that nauci's slip looks worse for nauci than alonzo: lynching alzono as the weaker player is the worst option.

Moz is hurrying the lynch in a really gross way on page 7: protocol is to claim only when there is intend to hammer. With as much of the day left as we had, this looks suspicious. With his join date he has to know this...

I lie nauci's

from wilky is pretty much my thoughts . Nauci has a similar post later.

ugh, alonzo claimed? Seriously, guys, don't do this. Also, your read on me has changed? Why? Because I wasn't here? Later you say backseat driving, and even later I've got a pass. I'm not sure how my reead has gone 360 from you when I...haven't been here?

Replace in seems towny, if a little hedgy.

@acid, can you explain some of your reads? Most of what I've seen is you steering towards a lynch, not actually trying to sort slots. Do you know Jo?

Moz, acid and Alonzo are my scum reads. The first two for all the pressure to lynch, not backed up by content from acid, and alonz was getting a pass from me before his read n me went all faily: newb scum have a hard time keeping this sort of thing consistent, which it looks like he might've been tripped up by.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:34 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Other random thoughts!

Nauci, let's not policy lynch in a newbie? Feels like bad habits.

Also, wagon analysis is shit, but I hate how the current leading one is made up.

I feel nothing about the glden paradox and the slot Jo replaced into, so I guess that is my null line. I need to look at smiles more.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 201, Bellaphant wrote:Moz is hurrying the lynch in a really gross way on page 7
i Have said this seveal times already -mif you have a STRONG read, you want the guy lynched. I have heard enough from Alonzo to be convinced he is scum. Nothing he or anyone else say is going to change my mind.
Whatever. He definitely should not be alive now, why delay anymore? We have a wealth of dialogue/info to go on, more dleay is pointless and DETRIMENTAL to town, because scum can delay and confuse town.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:43 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 186, Nauci wrote:This is actually a pretty good catch. That's a reeeeeeeaaaaaally icky post.
so you think Alonzo is scum?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:49 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 185, Nauci wrote:so I know what things mean here.

I just slip into other forum meanings sometimes.
this just sounds unconvincing. On the one hand you know what the word "bus" means on this forum, but you also use other forum menaings?
it's her or alonzo for me.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:52 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 201, Bellaphant wrote:Replace in seems towny
agree
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:55 am

Post by mozamis »

smiles, yiu're town i think - why no hammer for alonzo?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 202, Bellaphant wrote:Other random thoughts!

Nauci, let's not policy lynch in a newbie? Feels like bad habits.

Also, wagon analysis is shit, but I hate how the current leading one is made up.

I feel nothing about the glden paradox and the slot Jo replaced into, so I guess that is my null line. I need to look at smiles more.
Good point. I'll avoid policy hammering.

I am starting to get all WIFOM with Moz. Would scum still scream for someone's head after this many people suggested otherwise?

Then again, I had a game where a Scum slot made it into day 6 or so because the original poster screamed for a lynch on a scum teammate for like 2 straight pages and cruised on the town credit from that. But I generally take tunneling as a bad town strat, not scum.

UNVOTE:

I'm also oddly unconvinced on replacement's towniness, which is weird for the effort level. Those kinds of posts immediately upon being able to post make me feel a sense of "oh shit my slot looks scummy I better effort post it up."
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Nauci »

UNVOTE:
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:10 am

Post by wilky »

In post 205, mozamis wrote:
In post 185, Nauci wrote:so I know what things mean here.

this just sounds unconvincing. On the one hand you know what the word "bus" means on this forum, but you also use other forum menaings?
it's her or alonzo for me.

I don't see what's unconvincing about that tbh. It would be perfectly normal if used to other sayings to now and again use the meaning you are used to by accident. Infact I now suspect you more than I suspect Nauci as scum. Even with you're explanation I still don't like your desperation to rush the lynch on Alonzo and now you're scum reading someone because the term "bus" has a different reason on another site they play on than it does here and they used the term incorrectly to how it would normally be used on this site.

I can't see what Nauci done as being even a newb scum mistake and as their is no day chat then she obviously hasn't posted it in the wrong thread either. I did have an issue that I thought Nauci's posting looked a bit forced for a bit after the "slip" but she has since started looking a lot more town aswell.

For now:
VOTE: mozamis
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:16 am

Post by wilky »

In post 201, Bellaphant wrote:
ugh, alonzo claimed? Seriously, guys, don't do this.
Yeah I meant to comment on this at the time and it slipped my mind before I got round to it. When Mozamis was looking for that early claim from Alonzo it could easily have been Scum!Mozamis fishing for PR's even now so that Alonzo has claimed it really narrows scums nightkill options as they search for PR's.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:18 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-7

Alonzo
(3): acidphoenix, TheGoldenParadox, mozamis
acidphoenix
(2): smilefires, Jodaxq
mozamis
(1): wilky

Not Voting
(3): Bellaphant, Nauci, Alonzo

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: December 16, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-12-15 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- Golden Paradox has been prodded
- Any additional prods needed will go out this afternoon
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:35 am

Post by Alonzo »

Bella Im seeing #201 and Obviously obliged to wonder why you didnt grab this one by the scruff of the neck earlier, but if you're ill IRL then so be it.
The more i see from you the stronger my read so far, so prolonged silences /low content will get my attention...

Jodas entry Said many of the things I would have said if I was a more articulate sort, I liked alot of their points. Agree with Nauci tho, keeping any eye out for what seems to good to be true.

vote: Acid

Give up those Reads

vote format fixed for the automatic vote counter. ~f
Last edited by fferyllt on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:41 am

Post by wilky »

In post 213, Alonzo wrote:
Bella Im seeing #201 and Obviously obliged to wonder why you didnt grab this one by the scruff of the neck earlier, but if you're ill IRL then so be it.
The more i see from you the stronger my read so far, so prolonged silences /low content will get my attention...

Jodas entry Said many of the things I would have said if I was a more articulate sort, I liked alot of their points. Agree with Nauci tho, keeping any eye out for what seems to good to be true.

vote Acid

Give up those Reads

I think it's a bit ironic for you to be calling for Acid to give their reads when it took long enough to get you to give yours on Bella.

I do agree that Acid hasn't done much for the game though and has kind of skated their way through a little. Acid I want to see more from you.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Nauci »

VOTE: Acidphoenix

Vote prodding, woo
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Nauci »

THAT'S -1, DO NOT HAMMER
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@alonzo, clairfy that read on me?

Again, do not hammer without a claim, and do not claim without intent to hammer..

Still town reading wiky to fuck.
smilefires
smilefires
Townie
smilefires
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by smilefires »

In post 185, Nauci wrote:I've played, uh, technically 5 games here (one was a no post 5 person game I replaced into) so I know what things mean here.

Okay, this checks out. Makes me wonder whether SA has its own terminology actually, but I've never played there to know.
In post 193, Alonzo wrote:Moz. Straining to townread this guy. Smiles you are the psychologist... does he have little man syndrome?
Well, I'm not a professional or anything, but I've played with a few people like him before. I think he and I disagree on whether Nauci's post is a scum slip, obviously. Besides that, he has actually brought some points against you. For instance, I'm not sure what advantage town is supposed to get from you "showing early weakness" if you're town.

He's the one going for forming an early town core to lynch outside, which I think is what's making him seem rather set in his reads.
In post 199, Nauci wrote:My willingness to vote Alonzo is mostly because even if he's town he's going to be distracting lynchbait with so many posts that it doesn't really matter, IMO.

I'm not shy about policy lynching.
This isn't a policy I like to follow though. I'd rather you vote him if you believe he's scum.
In post 201, Bellaphant wrote:ugh, alonzo claimed? Seriously, guys, don't do this.
Is that not a thing? From my last game here I thought the "proper" or "encouraged" play was to look for claims at L-1 which is why I just let that roll. Not that it helped us not lynch the cop with an all-town wagon though.
In post 207, mozamis wrote:smiles, yiu're town i think - why no hammer for alonzo?
Basically this:
In post 187, Nauci wrote:I'm willing to hammer once we've heard more from golden, blooper, and Bella.
Plus, I believe "dead air, dead villager" can be a thing. While there was a bit of a rush after I pointed out that one post from Nauci, we settled into an uncomfortable lull after that, which suggests to me that mafia are fine with this if Alonzo's town. Some of that can be attributed to waiting for Alonzo to respond, but not all.

Like, acidphoenix still hasn't caught up. I get real-life stuff, but when we're verging on a possible lynch here I'd budget some time to take in the game and make sure the early lynch is a good idea.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Nauci »

Oh man "dead air dead villager" is such a good way of putting it. I've had that be the cause of hunches all the time without being able to put it into words.

Smile I will be heartbroken if you aren't town.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

:x

in retrospect lolslips probably applies but i was still happyish with an alonzo vote given a. lolpoe and b. the amount of attention / energy i've had for this game

is anyone here for rti; catching up, i'll click to new post if i see the unread post white text
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

VOTE: thegoldenparadox

ms sux
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

i'm fine going back to alonzo too i just hated literally the only posts i saw from ^

smiles, nauci prob v
bella less so

leaves(convenience): wilky, jodaxq, moz, alonzo, tgp
wilky other people really don't want to vote so /shrug
jodax i'm going to wait for more than that entry
moz i don't wanna vote for bad reasons

@nauci "wanna talk at each other in alignspew" = i
probably
did this in 1828, remember the spew your alignment game?

ms sux
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Searching for a replacement for TheGoldenParadox. If they are able to post before a replacement is found they can continue in the game.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »