Newbie 1838: Pirates vs Ninjas: GAME OVER!

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

I thought I posted but apparently it did not get through.
My reads:
Alonzo is scum. For sure. He has made too many obvious scum slipups (refer to POST #29) that if he's not scum, he is an EXTREMELY scummy town or just a very bad town.
Nauci-extremely dangerous. Obvious scum slipup; "bussing"? She and Alonzo are most likely in this together. More active and more dangerous, so on that basis,
UNVOTE: Alonzo
VOTE: Nauci]
I gtg, post the rest when I have some more free time.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Sorry; VOTE: Nauci
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 222, acidphoenix wrote:i'm fine going back to alonzo too i just hated literally the only posts i saw from ^

smiles, nauci prob v
bella less so

leaves(convenience): wilky, jodaxq, moz, alonzo, tgp
wilky other people really don't want to vote so /shrug
jodax i'm going to wait for more than that entry
moz i don't wanna vote for bad reasons

@nauci "wanna talk at each other in alignspew" = i
probably
did this in 1828, remember the spew your alignment game?
Ohhhhh.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 201, Bellaphant wrote: @acid, can you explain some of your reads? Most of what I've seen is you steering towards a lynch, not actually trying to sort slots. Do you know Jo?

Moz, acid and Alonzo are my scum reads. The first two for all the pressure to lynch, not backed up by content from acid, and alonz was getting a pass from me before his read n me went all faily: newb scum have a hard time keeping this sort of thing consistent, which it looks like he might've been tripped up by.
I do not know acid and I have never played a game with him. I have no idea what he meant in post 198.

So your scum read reasoning on Alonzo differs from that of Moz and Acid. If you had to choose which actions were scummier, which one would you choose? If the lynch today is between Alonzo and Acid, who would you rather lynch?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 203, mozamis wrote:
In post 201, Bellaphant wrote:Moz is hurrying the lynch in a really gross way on page 7
i Have said this seveal times already -mif you have a STRONG read, you want the guy lynched. I have heard enough from Alonzo to be convinced he is scum. Nothing he or anyone else say is going to change my mind.
Whatever. He definitely should not be alive now, why delay anymore? We have a wealth of dialogue/info to go on, more dleay is pointless and DETRIMENTAL to town, because scum can delay and confuse town.
I don't like this post and I really don't like your progression in this game. You state in post 33 that you like to use POE as a way of catching scum, and you back this up in post 35 by saying that you find it easier to town read people than scum read them. In post 40 you state very clearly that all reads are subject to change and state it once again in post 56, capitalizing the word provisional to clearly make a point. Then, after being away for a while, you come back with a strange prod dodge post 72 where you seemed focused in on Alonzo, but this changes in post 100 where you're back to being good with lynching a number of people. Now, you're making a post saying that you won't change your read no matter what anyone says? This entire progression seems very disingenuous.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 208, Nauci wrote:.
I am starting to get all WIFOM with Moz. Would scum still scream for someone's head after this many people suggested otherwise?

[/quote]

I think this is probably the best argument for a town-Mozamis.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

I really like what I'm seeing from Wilky.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 220, acidphoenix wrote::x

in retrospect lolslips probably applies but i was still happyish with an alonzo vote given a. lolpoe and b. the amount of attention / energy i've had for this game

is anyone here for rti; catching up, i'll click to new post if i see the unread post white text
What's RTI?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 213, Alonzo wrote:
Bella Im seeing #201 and Obviously obliged to wonder why you didnt grab this one by the scruff of the neck earlier, but if you're ill IRL then so be it.
The more i see from you the stronger my read so far, so prolonged silences /low content will get my attention...

Jodas entry Said many of the things I would have said if I was a more articulate sort, I liked alot of their points. Agree with Nauci tho, keeping any eye out for what seems to good to be true.

vote Acid

Give up those Reads
Alonzo's posts continue to seem a little reckless and organic. I would have a hard time supporting an Alonzo lynch today.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-8

acidphoenix
(4): smilefires, Jodaxq, Alonzo, Nauci
TheGoldenParadox
(1): acidphoenix
Alonzo
(1): mozamis
Nauci
(1): TheGoldenParadox
mozamis
(1): wilky

Not Voting
(1): Bellaphant

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: December 16, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-12-15 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by Nauci »

I don't find those Acid posts particularly contributing. Nor Golden's.

Hmm.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 221, acidphoenix wrote:VOTE: thegoldenparadox
Ewww I really don't like this vote. What did you not like about his posts?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 222, acidphoenix wrote:i'm fine going back to alonzo too i just hated literally the only posts i saw from ^

smiles, nauci prob v
bella less so

probably
This reads list smells very manufactured to me. No real contribution. Why do you not town read wilky? What reasons for a moz vote are bad? What makes smile and nauci town?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 225, TheGoldenParadox wrote:I thought I posted but apparently it did not get through.
My reads:
Alonzo is scum. For sure. He has made too many obvious scum slipups (refer to POST #29) that if he's not scum, he is an EXTREMELY scummy town or just a very bad town.
Nauci-extremely dangerous. Obvious scum slipup; "bussing"? She and Alonzo are most likely in this together. More active and more dangerous, so on that basis,
I believe that Alonzo is just very scummy town. I really feel like posts like 29 are usually jokes and sometimes bad strategy. I'm not super experienced, but I've NEVER seen a genuine, obvious scum slip. I've seen it mislynched several times, though.
If Nauci is scum I agree she's very dangerous, but I haven't seen anything yet to make me believe that. Like with Alonzo I've never seen a such an obvious scumslip be real, and if that's your only reason for voting her then I believe you should reconsider. If you have something else, then I'd like to hear it.

Overall I feel like GoldenParadox is a newbie town that's focused in on the wrong things.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:05 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 228, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 201, Bellaphant wrote: @acid, can you explain some of your reads? Most of what I've seen is you steering towards a lynch, not actually trying to sort slots. Do you know Jo?

Moz, acid and Alonzo are my scum reads. The first two for all the pressure to lynch, not backed up by content from acid, and alonz was getting a pass from me before his read n me went all faily: newb scum have a hard time keeping this sort of thing consistent, which it looks like he might've been tripped up by.
I do not know acid and I have never played a game with him. I have no idea what he meant in post 198.

So your scum read reasoning on Alonzo differs from that of Moz and Acid. If you had to choose which actions were scummier, which one would you choose? If the lynch today is between Alonzo and Acid, who would you rather lynch?
Yeah, for sure. I also see a couple of links between moz and acid, although team hunting before a flip is a bad habit really. I think moz's weird scum pool feels super forced and inflexible, but also kinda safe, as it was some low hanging fruit and me for...reasons that have never really been explained. Like nauci said though, would he keep on scummy behaviour when everyone knows it's scummy? Maybe, because it outed a claim from someone, so from scum's perspective the nk is easier now.

Alonzo is harder to get a grip on because his posts seem more...you said organic, which works, but the flip side of that is like I said about his read on me: newb!scum are really bad at remembering what they've said they think, which is my big concern. It's less wifom-y than moz, though. I kinda want to see more interaction from him and slots that aren't nauci/alozno, but if my choice was to lynch between alonzo and acid, it'd be acid rn.

Can you explain your paradox read a bit more?

@nauci, what's made you town read smiles?

@smiles, can I get a readslist from you?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:10 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Acid still didn't really back up his readslist with anything concrete, like Jo said. There's been a ton of content from jo, wilky is obv!town, and there isn't any pressure towardss moz from this slot at all: in fact, I had no idea acid was scum reading moz, as previously they seemed to be agreeing. i'd Like to hear a bit more from paradox and smiles, but I'd be happy to vote here.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:17 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Sorry, on a roll:

what worries me abut moz is that he has the most amount of posts here, but the vaaaast majority of them are just hurrying to a lynch. Whatever, he says, that's how he plays, but it isn't doing any of the things he said were good towniness in one of his early posts. His lynchpool hasn't developed: it's pretty much the same pool as it was on page 2, and his vote's been on alonzo since post 32. @acid, paradox, smiles: thoughts on this?
(and anyone else!)
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:32 am

Post by wilky »

In post 241, Bellaphant wrote:Sorry, on a roll:

what worries me abut moz is that he has the most amount of posts here, but the vaaaast majority of them are just hurrying to a lynch.
Whatever, he says, that's how he plays, but it isn't doing any of the things he said were good towniness in one of his early posts.
His lynchpool hasn't developed: it's pretty much the same pool as it was on page 2, and his vote's been on alonzo since post 32. @acid, paradox, smiles: thoughts on this?
(and anyone else!)
That's a good point actually. Your poe perspective doesn't add up to how you've played the game afterwards moz, why is that?
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:35 am

Post by wilky »

smiles, nauci prob v
bella less so

probably
What does this list bring to the game? All you've really said is there is a list of 5 you would be fine lynching in. No reasons to why anyone is towny or not towny in the list either can you elaborate a bit further on it?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:50 am

In post 238, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 225, TheGoldenParadox wrote:I thought I posted but apparently it did not get through.
My reads:
I believe that Alonzo is just very scummy town. I really feel like posts like 29 are usually jokes and sometimes bad strategy. I'm not super experienced, but I've NEVER seen a genuine, obvious scum slip. I've seen it mislynched several times, though.
If Nauci is scum I agree she's very dangerous, but I haven't seen anything yet to make me believe that. Like with Alonzo I've never seen a such an obvious scumslip be real, and if that's your only reason for voting her then I believe you should reconsider. If you have something else, then I'd like to hear it.

Overall I feel like GoldenParadox is a newbie town that's focused in on the wrong things.
I'm extremely inexperienced on this site; this is my first game. My normal games are on the app Mafia Mystery, which has mostly 2 minute days. In those there is very little planning of posts and so I see many scum slips. About Nauci; one more thing. I really don't have experience in fourteen day long games, but the way she responded to that was unreal.
In post 126, Nauci wrote:
In post 123, smilefires wrote:
In post 109, Nauci wrote:I know town doesn't lie but apparently I lied and will actually post some of my thoughts now because insomnia.
R I P. I was stuck awake late last night but thought staring at a screen would just be worse for me since I already had a headache.
In post 109, Nauci wrote:Yes. See my earlier post. And apparently Acid also saw him get D1 lynched.
It's why I'm hesitant to bus him.
He's like dunkerdoodle; posts so scummy as town that he gets away with it because I'm tired of mislynching.
...bus?
Oops! On the forums I used to play on we used bus and wagon interchangeably instead of the meaning here. I played like 8 games there so it get stuck in me sometimes.

Damn if I didn't know I'm town I'd be wagoning myself for that. What a bad fuckup lmao.
That last line seems so manufactured to me it's crazy. She's basically saying that she knows she's town, otherwise she would lynch herself. Such an unplanned post that she's trying to make us believe... I don't even know what. She looks like she is trying to act like a newbie and is relying on us to not mislynch her.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:05 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Para, thoughts on moz?
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:49 am

Post by wilky »

@acid: Can we get answers from you yet? You've been online since people asked them...
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:51 am

Post by acidphoenix »

yeah but i've been doing other things for that time (i have since read the thread)

i'll do it now because guilttrips suk but
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 am

Post by wilky »

In post 247, acidphoenix wrote:yeah but i've been doing other things for that time (i have since read the thread)

i'll do it now because guilttrips suk but

This looks more like you've been lurking and now you've been called out you'll begin to speak.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:57 am

Post by acidphoenix »

the above tgp post makes me feel much better about tgp

VOTE: alonzo

@wilky

the people in the middle (other than moz, who bad reasons are basically "i don't actually have a townread here i just don't feel like voting it for whatever reason") are explicitly stated why i want to vote not them

honestly most of the people in the bottom aren't particularly "i think these people are actively scummy" so much as "they aren't myself or the other three people"

smiles / nauci were general good vibes from posts; i can find specific posts but a. would find it difficult to elaborate
why
i found those posts towny and b. i'd have to iso them to actually remember which specific posts

bella the same except that i have a better general idea of which posts they were and (iirc) the posts i'm most thinking of would be easier to elaborate; i'll

pedit while i finish: yes
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”