Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Post by Ginngie »

yee, just hesitant is all.

Not on the subject you like to talk about

but
In post 251, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 247, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 239, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Or hey I'm just town this game and my play should show it, lol.

I'm not being nearly as calculated and hanging back as much as I would if I were scum. I'm taking a leadership role and putting myself in the middle.
Self-meta is bullshit and you're pushing this as a LAMIST narrative.
Oh yes this person is scum.

OHhhhhhhhhh yes.
reminded me of
Subject: Normal 1934: Civilization Mafia Mafia (Endgame)
Korts wrote:Hi all. I am a slow person with a day job, so please be mindful of your posting frequency. Thanks!
In post 19, Aristophanes wrote:Hi DH and Draynth! :)
Nice votes you have/had there!

VOTE: massive

Nobody votes nancy on my watch!

(Also, v/la until Tuesday. Needed this in my Ego tho)
Ooh, a chainsaw defense right off the bat! Can you give me any pro-town argument for attacking nancy's wagon?

VOTE: Aristophanes
gives me an overzealous vibe that makes me weary

As for Ghostlin, like you make some good points, and that makes me happy about your slot, it's just that I don't think any of them are particularly damning.

So now what's left is input from mastina and then how Ghostlin goes on offense. After that, I judge.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:43 pm

Post by Ginngie »

btw Lexi, hi, if you don't know, my play style is largely focusing on my own past experiences and applying them to the new game and learning for each player I encounter.

like I could have referenced how Ghostlin's list was like zefiend talking strictly about mechanics in DBZA mafia but the difference is that ghostlin posted the list and then moved on with his life so it doesn't apply.

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 227, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 8, Ghostlin wrote:
Vote: mastina
A player likely to be drafted as scum because she's probably already drafted plans on how to play to this room.
This on its own isn't that huge of a deal. It makes some amount of sense, and as an opening post is inoquous enough. The issue is, everyone has had their chance to practice their opening, and this is a very non interactive opening with 7 other posts before it. It feels rehersed when you consider...
In post 9, Ghostlin wrote:^ As scum.
(1)
This post, which feels nervous and fake. Like Ghostlin is terrified of being caught as scum and is trying to make sure no one misunderstands them... going too far. Nothing written in action is specifically wrong here, rather, intent feels scum motivated here. (2)
In post 76, Ghostlin wrote:My choices were mastina and The Betting Pool; and I also had a stroke because the Ghostlin scum game is pretty goddamn poor when I got that PM until I realized that everyone else was doing it too.
This is very very bad. Undersell your scum game, and then be VERY late to the "oh I was shocked that I got that PM too!" train, that people already called people town for. It feels like an attempt to look town and do things that fly under the radar.
In post 121, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 119, hebichan wrote:VOTE: The Betting Pool

like a hydra PT or something else?
Do you REALLY think they're deliberately scum slipping their mafia PT? :P
THIS is the killer. THIS POST reads heavily of nervous scum intent, and of insider knowledge. It doesn't feel like something a townie would say.

On tone, on motivation, on intent it's all scum. (3)
In post 130, Ghostlin wrote:Alright, LLD I get considering I've seen her name a few times in response to the draft question, but why Elli, Smocaine?
This post is kind of weird, but isn't really a huge issue. More, I'm wondering if this is really representative of Ghostlin actually trying to scumhunt... or pretending to. (4)
In post 187, Ghostlin wrote:Drafts:

Elli: Mastina or LL or Pton
Chesspig: PA hydra and Varsoon hydra, hebi+random (Ceph)
PA Hydra+Ginngie (chesskid)
Ghostlin: mastina+The Betting Pool (which is the PA hydra)
hebi: LLD and The Betting Pool
Ginnigie: Mastina+LL
Kaede: Mastina+LL
LLD: Ginnigie+Hebi (joke), Mastina+unknown
Smocaine: LLD and chesspig

This is more examples of Ghostlin providing information over analysis. It's not scumhunting, it's fishing for towncred. (5)
In post 201, Ghostlin wrote:ITT we learn that chess can't read and LLD is pretty far up her own ass. Chess, your set of claims is there unless ANOTHER PERSON USING ALL FUCKING CAPS MADE A SET OF CLAIMS ON .
Bad reaction to presure. Confirms the "nervous scum" read I have on their play. (6)
In post 206, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 196, Ellibereth wrote:Ghosty why did you go through the effort to incorrectly edit my + to an or
I couldn't tell you why...it looked wrong? Aesthetically displeased me? Getting so hung up on making the fucking list so we can actually use it?
I don't have anything to say about this except "information over analysis again".
(7)

I'm going to respond here to LLD's case of me here:

1) My biggest problem with this point is sometimes I do go over shit in my mind in what I want to say in thread, but who the fuck practices their opening? Yes, I planned to vote mastina seriously since the draft mechanic was made a huge fucking deal out of. I didn't
practice
it. I didn't put it on a clipboard to cut and paste into the thread. I had a general idea of what I wanted to say. Maybe you guys cut and paste your openings, but I don't.]=
2) Yeah, that's a stretch. I EBOWP'ed two words for clarity. Totes fake.
3) I'm being a snarky asshole here. LLD makes it into a great scum motive when I figured the hydra wouldn't actually be fakeclaiming here and I'm making fun of hebi here.
4) Did you read any of the draft posts? Elli's not in any of them. Elli's whined about it. I'm asking smocaine's motivation for suspecting someone that's not had their name pop up in the drafts, which up to this point is the information we've gots. I ask if you read them because you've managed to somehow scrutinize every word I've said as somehow scummy and yet you didn't think to ask smocaine about Elli, who's not been anyone's choice?
5) I concede this is not scumhunting. It's compiling a list of drafts so people can read them later. I'm not trying to scumhunt here at this point. I figured if we're going to make everyone claim who they drafted for their scum team, we should have a place where they all are. I would have reasons to do this as either alignment. Personally, it appeals to my aesthetic to not have something among fifteen different posts when I want to fucking find it later. But if this was just for masturbatory purposes then I'm sorry I did something with it?
6) Points 1-5 prove how much up your own ass you are, so...no, this is relevant analysis. chess literally drooled all over himself to get to me he forgot how literacy worked in that quoted post. You're trying to pass a sandcastle off as a summer home in this scumcase.
7) ...Yes, because when I go 'I don't know' to a question that is literally 'why did you use this piece of punctuation' that means something.

You see, despite the self-meta being bullshit crack, the fact that I think she's still up her own ass and is trying to discredit everything I do with a scum motive, and my own desire for hebi to grow a backbone to attempt to at least read LLD beyond 'if she's scum I lose', I don't see scum going to these lengths. I think LLD is irritating Town to the point she wants to be in the spotlight and lead, and you don't do that if you don't have a direction to go in. Those overblown points? I see scum getting bored in trying to craft that narrative beyond that point. No, unless this is one fucking hell of a snowjob (and her outrage at hebi's 'gaslighting' comment helps here too), LLD is Town and by extension, if she's at all right about hebi, hebi's Town too.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 300, Ginngie wrote:So now what's left is input from mastina and then how Ghostlin goes on offense. After that, I judge.
You're going be real disappointed if you think I'm going to strike out against LLD--probably doubly so if you were expecting a hebi case.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Post by Ginngie »

i'm only going to be disappointed if you dont tell me who scum is

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:55 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Seriously? I'm leaning towards chesspig, but neither PA hydra or mastina have spoken so as much as I'd like to float a vote there, I really want to hear from the two of them first.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Post by Ginngie »

I keep saying this mantra that I care more about offense over defense

dont know if i really believe it but hey it sounds nice and that's the route I'll continue to pursue

Cold Pizza
Cold Pizza
Goon
Cold Pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Post by Cold Pizza »

In post 306, Ginngie wrote:I keep saying this mantra that I care more about offense over defense

dont know if i really believe it but hey it sounds nice and that's the route I'll continue to pursue
While 'aggro' deck players are sometimes looked down upon for simply trying to win the game quickly, any true Magic the Gathering patrician knows that board control and tempo are the actual principles to master regardless of what kind of approach your deck has. Typically, more defensive options simply do not further board control and don't make for good card value in terms of trading resources. These defensive measures often serve to stall the game to the point of drawing into a winning combination or win-condition in slower paced control decks, though such strategies are not based on consistent board control and tempo, and, ergo, are far less reliable than the so-called 'simpleton' approach of simply playing Sligh.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 296, hebichan wrote:
In post 293, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 292, chesspig4 wrote:
In post 290, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 236, chesspig4 wrote:ALSO IM VOTING GHOSTLIN SERIOUSLY BUT I HAVE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT READ OF POST ONE TWENTY ONE THAN LLD THANKS
I might regret this, but what the fuck does this mean?
IT MEANS I READ IT AS CHEEKY SCUM NOT NERVOUS SCUM LIKE LLD SAYS
Cheeky? Alright; so how is 8 and 9 'cheeky'?
so you admit its scummy?
No, but it doesn't matter what I -think- of my motivations here, I'm asking for -chess's- interpretation of my motivations and how/why they contrast with LLD.

I can post 'I'm not scum, and chess is full of shit' all I like, and that's true, but it doesn't get to chess's motivations, does it?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 307, Cold Pizza wrote:
In post 306, Ginngie wrote:I keep saying this mantra that I care more about offense over defense

While 'aggro' deck players are sometimes looked down upon for simply trying to win the game quickly, any true Magic the Gathering patrician knows that board control and tempo are the actual principles to master regardless of what kind of approach your deck has. Typically, more defensive options simply do not further board control and don't make for good card value in terms of trading resources. These defensive measures often serve to stall the game to the point of drawing into a winning combination or win-condition in slower paced control decks, though such strategies are not based on consistent board control and tempo, and, ergo, are far less reliable than the so-called 'simpleton' approach of simply playing Sligh.
*sigh*

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:14 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Sad thing is I understand that analysis, and unless that's a veiled warning that going hyper-aggro will make you flame out by Day 5, it does fuck-all to resolve this game state.
Cold Pizza
Cold Pizza
Goon
Cold Pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Post by Cold Pizza »

One of aspect of growing up that I've long considered is whether or not to stop using emoticons/emojis and 'gesture' words, such as *sigh*. To me, those things are the vestiges of a teenage, somewhat sophomoric rhetoric that I adopted while frequenting online message boards, Livejournal, and Myspace. Continuing to use them in text and IM messages that I write often has me wonder if their use is really reflective of an inherit immaturity in the ways in which I message people that I know, or if the dynamic for what is acceptable digital rhetoric has shifted such that those various expressions are perfectly valid forms of expression, capable of conveying all that I should to my peers. As with any rhetoric, context is incredibly important, I understand that, but the image I tend to hold in my head of a more 'mature' or 'adult' person is not one of someone who puts a :P face or *hugs* into their messaging, but, rather, simply transcribes what they would normally say, in person, to express their sentiments.
Cold Pizza
Cold Pizza
Goon
Cold Pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:22 pm

Post by Cold Pizza »

In post 310, Ghostlin wrote:Sad thing is I understand that analysis, and unless that's a veiled warning that going hyper-aggro will make you flame out by Day 5, it does fuck-all to resolve this game state.
I am suggesting that we absolutely just come to a consensus and lynch someone in order to begin drawing associative tells and using flip information to game-solve.
Cold Pizza
Cold Pizza
Goon
Cold Pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:23 pm

Post by Cold Pizza »

Shitfuck I made a post about the game instead of just committing to a game-long gimmick of posting vaguely related but definitely off-topic things related to my own life, as if using this game as a personal blog.

I really wish I could adhere to a self-enforced post restriction, but my desire to actually play mafia always outweighs my commitment to the bit.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:46 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I'm half asleep but varsoon's post made me watch a bunch of bloodborn lore videos on youtube.

that is all
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:53 am

Post by Ellibereth »

ALSO

the OST is sick

but not very condusive to getting some sleep
FLASH OF GREEN
WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:57 am

Post by WhemePlay »

Our 2 picks were Elli and Cold Pizza
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
Cold Pizza
Cold Pizza
Goon
Cold Pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:38 am

Post by Cold Pizza »

Gratz Elli you are no longer unchosen!

Also I don't know about LLD's case but trying to pass the pressure that has only been like... 5 pages? as a death tunneling already looks sketch to me.

VOTE: Ghostlin
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:55 am

Post by The Betting Pool »

In post 92, ActionVoyage wrote:Ofc I'm town who tf wants me ad a partner
In post 93, ActionVoyage wrote:Or uc. No offense uc
Lucky head here. Catching up as I can.

I would have picked your hydra for that exact reason.
The almighty combination of the penguin and the bunny. We will rule you!

...a hydra of Lucky2u and penguin_alien.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:01 am

In post 187, Ghostlin wrote:Drafts:

Elli: Mastina or LL or Pton
Chesspig: PA hydra and Varsoon hydra, hebi+random (Ceph)
PA Hydra+Ginngie (chesskid)
Ghostlin: mastina+The Betting Pool (which is the PA hydra)
hebi: LLD and The Betting Pool
Ginnigie: Mastina+LL
Kaede: Mastina+LL
LLD: Ginnigie+Hebi (joke), Mastina+unknown
Smocaine: LLD and chesspig
We are a popular scum pick? Is penguin good at scum and didn't tell me?

The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:15 am

Ok caught up to 13 overnight pages.

Ghostlin is being aggroed by LLD. Hebi is paranoid about LLD scum game. Caps lock is funny. Cold pizza is useless. That's pretty much all I learned of value.

The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:22 am

Also slightly insulted that most people just call us the PA hydra... Like what am I? Chopped liver?

VOTE: hebi

This is my gut paranoia read that hebi was doing all that paranoia about LLD scum because they themselves are scum but wanted the conversation to be that LLD might be scum, or that they are both scum together and it's distancing.

ActionVoyage
ActionVoyage
Townie
ActionVoyage
Townie
Townie
Location: an epic battle of multi layer chess. UCV is winning

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:06 am

Post by ActionVoyage »

13 pages. ughhhh

also, i read what Dan was saying. I am confused as hell.
Hydra
UC Voyager and Action Dan
Anyone down for some multi layer chess
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

Bottom of Page 8 or 9 I would've probably voted Ghost, gives me a little pause since it seems like he's actually scumhunting.
Also Ginnie and Hebi maaaaaybe town.

The mind games are real tho, why would any scum tell the truth about their picks, let alone the actual GF? Not sure how compiling that list helps except showing who people think it's probably the most dangerous scum player(s)?
It cant even reach any level of LAMIST and more of IIoA but whatevs I guess.

Back to my old main for now

/quit indefinitely
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

Also I find myself agreeing with most of what LLD said about Ghost earlier. Probably not about the "nervous scum", but the rest yeah.
Back to my old main for now

/quit indefinitely

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”