Newbie 1839: Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Well looks like I might be wrong about Junko, that's a good post

VOTE: 3 Masons

If Junko is town, looks worse. It feels awkward and the "you're drawing too much attention to yourself" comment only makes sense if 3 Masons thinks (or perhaps knows) that Junko is town
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:51 am

Post by 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat »

In post 48, JunkoChan wrote:
3.What's your read on Redflavor?

He was fine until he went full R with this line:
In post 42, RedFlavor wrote:And I think lionGuilty was bussing their friend so junko is other scum
which contradicts his previous post:
In post 39, RedFlavor wrote:Yes I really think you are scum trying to find a reason to vote junko

VOTE: GuiltyLion
so which one is it? a scum looking for a reason to bw a townie? or a scum busing his partner?

he also brings the wifom possibility, I believe the odds of one of you being mafia is worth looking into.

@GuiltyLion I still don't know how I feel about you town reading the person who townread you but I'm also leaning towards townreading Hewhoswims.
I agree with Junko here. Redflavor seems like a strong scumread with his actions. Alongside that, there's the fact that he brought up the BP reveal out of nowhere. A BP reveal seems like a bad idea for the town in a game like this. The BP reveal would benefit the mafia, as Junko and HeWhoSwims explained earlier, so I think that he's scum.

Also, to use his own logic from Post 39, isn't it possible that Red is a scum trying to start a bandwagon against a townie? Or perhaps by Post 42 logic, Red is bussing GuiltyScumLion. Either way, I have my vote.

VOTE: RedFlavor
In post 50, GuiltyLion wrote:Well looks like I might be wrong about Junko, that's a good post

If Junko is town, looks worse. It feels awkward and the "you're drawing too much attention to yourself" comment only makes sense if 3 Masons thinks (or perhaps knows) that Junko is town
Well, you're not wrong. I believe Junko is town. I believe you're town as well. Both of you are discussing the benefits of options from the town perspective in your arguments. Redflavor is focused only on who gets lynched, and not whether thay would be good for the town. He's scum and already knows who he is going to lynch. If this were D2 or beyond, then I would understand having someone you're targeting without discussion. The first night could give you information, especially if you're the cop. Unfortunately, Wavemode's Day Cops don't exist. Therefore, Redflavor is most likely a scum who is confident in his vote.
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:48 am

Post by RedFlavor »

In post 51, 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat wrote:

In post 42, RedFlavor wrote:And I think lionGuilty was bussing their friend so junko is other scum
In post 39, RedFlavor wrote:Yes I really think you are scum trying to find a reason to vote junko

so which one is it? a scum looking for a reason to bw a townie? or a scum busing his partner?

he also brings the wifom possibility, I believe the odds of one of you being mafia is worth looking into.

@GuiltyLion I still don't know how I feel about you town reading the person who townread you but I'm also leaning towards townreading Hewhoswims.
I agree with Junko here. Redflavor seems like a strong scumread with his actions. Alongside that, there's the fact that he brought up the BP reveal out of nowhere. A BP reveal seems like a bad idea for the town in a game like this. The BP reveal would benefit the mafia, as Junko and HeWhoSwims explained earlier, so I think that he's scum.

Also, to use his own logic from Post 39, isn't it possible that Red is a scum trying to start a bandwagon against a townie? Or perhaps by Post 42 logic, Red is bussing GuiltyScumLion. Either way, I have my vote.

In post 50, GuiltyLion wrote:Well looks like I might be wrong about Junko, that's a good post

Well, you're not wrong. I believe Junko is town. I believe you're town as well. Both of you are discussing the benefits of options from the town perspective in your arguments. Redflavor is focused only on who gets lynched, and not whether thay would be good for the town. He's scum and already knows who he is going to lynch. If this were D2 or beyond, then I would understand having someone you're targeting without discussion. The first night could give you information, especially if you're the cop. Unfortunately, Wavemode's Day Cops don't exist. Therefore, Redflavor is most likely a scum who is confident in his vote.
So I want to lynch scum and I'm thinking that a scum lynch will not be good for town?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:03 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Well hello, I'm back.

As said before Junko is certainly posting but didn't contribute that much before GuiltyLion brought this up. I'm honestly not sure what to think of it. Could be an overenthusiastic noob townie, could be scum trying to make themselves seem useful. I do think she (?) has a point in bringing up the inactivity of some others however this too has two sides. If she's town it's good to call those people out, if she's scum then calling them out is an effective way to say "Look, I'm doing a townie action!"

However, it is a fact that this thread mostly consists of me, Junko, Guilty, Mason and RedF. That means we miss talon (1 post that was not relevant at all), acidphoenix (who's disappeared after posting IC shit), eth0s (lost cause it seems) and wavemode. I feel like giving Junko some sort of benefit of the doubt regarding her activity:contribution ratio since at least she's posting and allowing people to read her as opposed to the 4 I mentioned.

What bothers me way more is RedFlavor's OTTN reaction to GuiltyLion placing a vote on Junko. I mean that single vote probably enabled all of the discussion of the past (calendar) day. I am still townreading GuiltyLion for contributing. As I said before a scummie would never want to be that obvious. Yes you can bring up WIFOM but in this case we could just end up in a neverending string of "But he would predict that we would know that he would know..." and I honestly think GL is more likely to be town than scum. Oh and of course as pointed out he contradicted himself recently.

Not taking my vote off talon yet since I'd love to hear more from both RedF and talon (get active y'all! Less posts = less reads = less better!)
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:15 am

Post by 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat »

In post 52, RedFlavor wrote:

So I want to lynch scum and I'm thinking that a scum lynch will not be good for town?
Well, if you bothered to read the second half of that post you quoted, I believe Guilty isn't scum. Whether or not it's correct, and whether or not it is a smart choice, most of us five active players believe Guilty is town.

Guilty claims Junko is scum. You, Red, claim Guilty is scum who is bussing other scum. Why would Guilty bus Junko D1? I find your claim hard to believe.

Either 1) Provide further evidence that Guilty is scum
Or 2) Explain why scum would point out other scum D1
Or 3) Explain why the hell you brought up revealing BP
Or 4) All of the above.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:13 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 53, HeWhoSwims wrote:If she's town it's good to call those people out, if she's scum then calling them out is an effective way to say "Look, I'm doing a townie action!"
This has been brought up a couple times, the inactive list is kind of a reminder for myself and others that there's more people than just the ones posting, I also think that inactivity gives scum space to lurk and go under the radar.

@Talon152 What do you think about this player? RedFlavor, 3 masons and GuiltyLion

@GuiltyLion also, could you tell me what do you think about Wavemode? I think it's pretty obvious why I'm asking this.
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
talon152
talon152
Townie
talon152
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by talon152 »

I think Redflavor seems to be coming on a bit strong with trying to push a lynch. I am feeling town for 3 masons, guiltylion, and hewhoswims. Not sure about Junko.
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by RedFlavor »

In post 52, RedFlavor wrote:

Plus bp claim thingy benefits to town
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by RedFlavor »

In post 30, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 24, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: JunkoChan

this is not a random vote
mmkay?
In post 29, RedFlavor wrote:Should we do BP claim thingy
I've heard that is optimal, but not good for a newbie environment at early stages of the game.
"You vote me? Mmmkay? We probably should have talk about this in mafia vhat but since you are my scum friend I trust you."
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

I probably shouldn't be the one to tell you to elaborate more on your posts instead of just quoting half the day and writing a one liner, but here I am.

ImageI hate repeating myself so much, I thought my "mmkay?" was explained by my posts after that but oh well, it's not an "mmmkay buddy" kind of mmkay, it was an "mmkay could you elaborate?" kind of mmkay

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

at least give us a reason why you think the bp claim benefits town more than scum, I'm interested.

HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 57, RedFlavor wrote:Plus bp claim thingy benefits to town
Pretty sure that right now it doesn't. Read what Junko and I discussed on page 2 after you suggested it.
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:44 am

Post by RedFlavor »

In post 60, JunkoChan wrote:at least give us a reason why you think the bp claim benefits town more than scum, I'm interested.
Because its proven and it has all reasons in a post, just check statistics
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:41 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Have you read what me and Junko said from post 30 to 33? And later Mason agreed in . That's 3 out of the 4 active members that aren't you. Curious to know what GuiltyLion thinks.

Me, Junko and Mason all seem to be scumreading you now. If you are town... you're digging yourself a grave. First contradicting yourself and now saying BP claim should help town which we seem to not agree on.

As for the other 4, get active! Have prods been sent out? :]
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:43 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Posting twice since editing is a no go:

I'm not taking my vote off of talon152 yet for inactivity reasons, but consider this a FoS I guess.
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:45 am

Post by RedFlavor »

In post 63, HeWhoSwims wrote:Have you read what me and Junko said from post 30 to 33? And later Mason agreed in . That's 3 out of the 4 active members that aren't you. Curious to know what GuiltyLion thinks.

Me, Junko and Mason all seem to be scumreading you now. If you are town... you're digging yourself a grave. First contradicting yourself and now saying BP claim should help town which we seem to not agree on.

As for the other 4, get active! Have prods been sent out? :]
I never contradicted myself
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:51 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Junko already mentioned this in

Here you (seem to) imply that GuiltyLion is scum trying to get a quick and easy vote and possible bandwagon on a townie.
Here you imply that GuiltyLion is bussing their fellow scum Junko, meaning that Junko in the span of 4 posts has turned from town to scum and that both GuiltyLion and JunkoChan are bussing each other while neither have been subject of much suspicion (just Junko for a bit).

If that's no contradiction... :shifty:
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:03 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 62, RedFlavor wrote: Because its proven and it has all reasons in a post, just check statistics
Image So you can't come up with your own opinion about the topic YOU brought to the table?
In post 65, RedFlavor wrote: I never contradicted myself
??? ???...??? ?

wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:23 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 63, HeWhoSwims wrote:Have prods been sent out?
lol nope

lithely slides back into the game
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:46 am

Post by wavemode »

Okay help me to understand this because I'm slow
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:49 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 48, JunkoChan wrote: He was fine until he went full R with this line:

You're saying this is a contradiction, but I'm not seeing where Red said junko is a townie
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:53 am

Post by wavemode »

And I guess I'm also not seeing how bringing up a BP claim makes Red scum? I mean some of you may be new but fyi, this is a strategy that gets done in the majority of newbie games nowadays. Some people decide not to do it to keep the game simple or possibly to save it until later in the game, which is fine - but it's still a pro-town strategy, and in my experience bringing it up is NAI
retired...?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:58 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 70, wavemode wrote:You're saying this is a contradiction, but I'm not seeing where Red said junko is a townie
RedFlavor in post seems to imply that Junko is town and that Guilty (who he sees as scum I guess) is finding an easy reason to vote and potentially start a BW on Junko/town. At least that's how it seems to me.

Re: Bulletproof claiming, what do you think of what Junko and I discussed? If you all want to do it then we can, but I fail to see how it helps us right now.

Bringing it up is certainly NAI and what ticked me off about RedF is his reaction to a vote being thrown at Junko. And with that RedF seems too defensive sometimes such as with the "not contradicting myself" while it seems like a contradiction to me.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:12 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 72, HeWhoSwims wrote:RedFlavor in post 39 seems to imply that Junko is town and that Guilty (who he sees as scum I guess) is finding an easy reason to vote and potentially start a BW on Junko/town. At least that's how it seems to me.
Yeah maybe we're reading it differently

Like, there are times scum will bus their partner in the early game just to create distance

So sometimes a read on someone will be "this guy A's reason for voting B this early in the game is really shitty, but I think A is too experienced a player to be making this bad of a push on a townie and risking his neck... so maybe he is bussing his partner"

That's honestly how I read what Red was saying there, that Guilty didn't have a good reason to vote Junko so perhaps this is just scum theater

I'm admittedly surprised to see this sort of reasoning in a newbie game, but it's very common in normals... and is
usually
wrong lol
retired...?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:38 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Yeah alright. Everything is obviously based on speculation right now and different reads are guaranteed.

I think I said it though a few days ago but I feel like if GuiltyLion were scum he wouldn't have started discussion by the way he did in his first few posts; I feel like (but, as I'm inexperienced I could be very wrong) there are two possible outcomes for doing so. One is people being suspicious of you and your sudden questioning of people, the other being that discussion is starting which may lead to some accurate reads and may increase chances of a scum lynch.

And especially seeing GuiltyLion is one of the SEs I doubt he as scum would make that play. Hope I'm making sense lol. Of course there is WIFOM and he may be trying to appear as a townie by starting the discussion and shifting accusations to someone else. However, since I feel his posts directly or indirectly started a lot of discussion... I'm townreading him. If he's scum he's impressive.

So TL;DR Red might have a small point depending on your personal look on the situation. I'm rather on Junko and mostly Lion's side for now. RedF's reaction just screams scum to me but eh.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”