CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 997, Impede wrote:
In post 993, CultOfAthena wrote:Compare those thoughts to your readslist and then compare that readslist to the same one 800 posts ago. It doesn't seem like you actually take into account any of the things that you point out – you're just saying them.
Reads change. Both of those posts were also made as interim posts before I could get caught up on the game and were mostly based on a single post. You should be more worried about players who fence-sit or tunnel for no apparent or defensible reason.

Worth noting that Laser also scumread me for having some inconsistency in my reads. I question if that's actually a scumtell or not. Opportunism is scummy; having a malleable position on the gamestate is not.
Yes, reads change. I've said this before, but town's reads change naturally – scum have to fabricate their reads and will change them as convenient. It seems to me like your reads are the latter rather than the former. Fencesitting and tunnelling come from town all the time – fabricated reads usually don't.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Impede »

If you think my reads are fabricated, then by all means, let's have a conversation. I think I'm being fairly transparent however and I'm happy to address anything in particular that seems incongruous to you.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 998, Luca Blight wrote: Normally slots like that where you're not able to attain an educated read are best to get rid of before a MYLO situation arises.
That may be standard practice in normal games, but again, what's the benefit? I think I've caught scum – I'd much rather get rid of that then get rid of a lurker.
In post 999, Impede wrote: The later we get into this game, the more we are hurt by having nullreads and a shrinking number of allowed MLs. Best to keep content-generating players generating content because they are easier to sort. Players like Zulfy are the reason the term Policy Lynch was created. It's literally a win-win and I challenge anyone to disagree with me.
You don't get a free pass just for generating content. It seems to me like scum are eager to push the lurker lynch narrative as a way to dodge lynches for a while. The day two Zulfy wagon was just as terrible.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1003, Impede wrote:If you think my reads are fabricated, then by all means, let's have a conversation. I think I'm being fairly transparent however and I'm happy to address anything in particular that seems incongruous to you.
I've already quoted major inconsistencies that I've found: the Laser vote, your unchanging readslist, the comments that didn't seem to factor into anything. You can try to justify these things after the fact but you'll largely be justifying yourself to everyone else, not to me.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1004, CultOfAthena wrote:You don't get a free pass just for generating content.
Agreed, but not all of us have solid scumreads on someone.

Also, at what point does unapologetically lurking, prodging, and not saying anything except to defend yourself (weakly) all constitute a valid scumread? I haven't liked a single post of Zulfy's except maybe one when he first came alive after the initial wagon.

I seriously don't know where you and Sesq get off defending him. Show me your townreads of Zulfy and I'll show you a half-unicorn, half-dragon, half-human (yes, three halves) burger-flipping princess who lives in the sewers in my hometown, living paycheck-to-paycheck; only able to make ends meet by coming out a couple times a week and playing saxophone for tips.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1005, CultOfAthena wrote:I've already quoted major
inconsistencies
that I've found: the Laser vote, your
unchanging
readslist, the comments that didn't seem to factor into anything.
I've already addressed these things as well. Either just recently (in the case of the comments which didn't majorly factor into my reads), or at the time (in the case of the Laser vote).

Also, so we're clear: You are accusing me of being too consistent or too inconsistent? Refer to my blue highlights in your quote.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1006, Impede wrote:I seriously don't know where you and Sesq get off
defending him
This is a critical mistake in your interpretation of what I'm saying. I'm not defending Zulfy as a townread – I'm saying that there are better options today that also give us far more information going foward.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1007, Impede wrote:Also, so we're clear: You are accusing me of being too consistent or too inconsistent? Refer to my blue highlights in your quote.
The fact that your readslist did not change is inconsistent with the posts you made ostensibly attempting to determine people's alignments.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Impede »

Oh, I see. That makes more sense. Fair point. As much as those posts might indicate that I always telegraph my reads of individual posts, I definitely don't. Lots of the changing or reinforcing of my reads has come gradually over time. One post doesn't really derail that entirely.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 991, Impede wrote:Wow jk, I'm dumb. Disregard that. Better question: If a wagon is forming around likely scum, why would you stay off it if you think you have "more likely" scum?
if my wagon can go through and if other wagon is scummy enough
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Sesq »

cant
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1001, Impede wrote:Doesn't hurt to ask.

@Mod: What's your take on prodging? Seems like Zulfy is on his second (maybe third?) prod and these latest posts seem like a formality.
Game Content is a rather subjective thing. I loathe to force replace a player unless absolutely necessary as it disrupts the state of the game. However should a player have multiple prods and inactive I do take that into account. In short, it’s subjective but I am paying attention to it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Sesq, Athena isn't being lynched today. Vote for someone else.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Sesq »

no, vote for athena
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 1000, Luca Blight wrote:If I was mod I'd have probably force-replaced him for the combination of lack of activity plus lack of game related content when he does post.
he's prob scum that's why the mod isnt replacing him. it's an acceptable scum tactiv to lurch.
this is not a policy lynch. guy is scum.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by mozamis »

so cult and impede are both defintely town.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by mozamis »

This is basically in order. 2 main points:

1) Sesq I am waffling on. On the one hand, she is tunnelling Cult. On the other, she is hardly blending in. Does scum Sesq really stand around shouting for someone else to be lynched?

2) I compeltely forgot about COMMkinght when making this list. Has he blended in to the background?

MOZ, LUCA, IMPEDE, CULT = TOWN

LUCKY PROB TOWN

SCUM IN:
SESQ, CYFLY, COMM, ZARAKI, ZULFY.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

ooo posts to read
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

:facepalm: :facepalm:

VOTE: Zulfy it is then....
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1020, Lucky2u wrote::facepalm: :facepalm:

VOTE: Zulfy it is then....
No hard feelings Lucky. Maybe we'll wagon you again tomorrow k?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Impede »

L-2 by my count
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by CommKnight »

In post 1018, mozamis wrote: 2) I compeltely forgot about COMMkinght when making this list. Has he blended in to the background?
I've been pretty active this game. I don't post 1000 times a page. But you know.

VOTE: Zulfy

I'm fine with this wagon. So long as it isn't one of my townreads, we can power through this shit.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 3.24

Zulfy(5)
~ mozamis, Impede, Luca Blight, Lucky2u, CommKnight

Luca Blight(1)
~ cytheflyguy
Impede(1)
~ CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena(1)
~ Sesq

Not Voting (2): Zulfy, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-13 22:35:00)

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.

Performed 42 calls in 11 seconds. With an average of 0.264761904761905 seconds per call.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez »

I refuse to vote for Zulfy. I want to see at least one more post from him. Also, as I have stated before I do
not
like policy lynches at all.

I'm sticking to my guns here and say, let's give him a chance to at least post once or do something before the hammer.

(Also, that quick hammer was a mistake on my part, I didn't realize it had only been 20 minutes, I was taking a shower and doing homework between the 2 posts.)
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1018, mozamis wrote:This is basically in order. 2 main points:

1) Sesq I am waffling on. On the one hand, she is tunnelling Cult. On the other, she is hardly blending in. Does scum Sesq really stand around shouting for someone else to be lynched?

2) I compeltely forgot about COMMkinght when making this list. Has he blended in to the background?

MOZ, LUCA, IMPEDE, CULT = TOWN

LUCKY PROB TOWN

SCUM IN:
SESQ, CYFLY, COMM, ZARAKI, ZULFY.
no

but

i think im convinced on zulfy

he never votes and is useless and we might as well get it out of the way

and maybe we get a scum lynch as well.

Return to “Completed Open Games”