Micro 759: Tarot uPick III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Jabarkas Mayonnaise »

I really wanted to actually get to play this game, but it's cool if literally everyone's like "No that dude is scum" even though it's really obvious that I'm not.
Like, fuck it, I can't fight the whole world, y'know?

-V
The best way to achieve your goals is through conquest.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:01 pm

If you guys wanna talk about something less depressing, like video games or some shit, I'm here, too.

-V
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:14 pm

For real, I typed out a huge response to Nancy's proposition that I'm scum, but then I realize I did the same thing refuting Yetichain and not only did Yeti ignore most of it, no one else cared to comment on the discoveries I'd made or what I'd revealed about his push on me.
It's like people in this game don't care about reading what I had to write and want to just push me for whatever insubstantial NAI reasons they can conjure.
So, like, fuck it, if you guys aren't actually going to read my posts and you're not actually going to engage with me or ask me anything, then lynch the fuck out of me so I can stop stressing out over this game.

-V
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: drealmerz[/]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

Actually,

VOTE: nancy
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Porkens »

Hmmm wait.

VOTE: drealmerz

Yeah
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by Porkens »

unvote

I suck, i don't have a clue.

IM REALLU BAD AT TGIS GAME.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Porkens, why do you scumread either of those slots?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 552, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:It's like people in this game don't care about reading what I had to write and want to just push me for whatever insubstantial NAI reasons they can conjure.
i've read all of your posts. the thing is, they're prohibitively large to really respond to and have a nice discussion about. really – i can understand if you have a lot to say but if you want people to respond and if you want to have a conversation then you should try to condense things for the sake of understanding. also, giving up won't do anything to help you.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:45 pm

If the literal reason not to engage with someone is that they're somewhat verbose, that doesn't make them scum.

Regardless, when I'm addressing someone, I usually pose questions. It's pretty obvious to look for question marks, right?

-V
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by nancy »

If you still have the huge response then please post it? I've read all of your posts pretty thoroughly and while I haven't engaged with you (or anyone) yet I am not writing you off as scum or sold on your lynch by any means (haven't even voted), just because I've given reasoning for why I think a world where you're scum makes sense to me. I have barely been involved this game and haven't even fully caught up with the thread yet.

Since we're on the topic I thought some of the reasoning you gave in the penultimate paragraph of 511 was good but there are parts of it that don't make a lot of sense to me. I think you are right that Yeti's engagement with you has overall been a failure and has dominated their focus in a weird way but things like "I don't see how you X" are what I don't get there; Yeti voted you a long time ago and even if they hadn't, I don't understand why you can't see a town player scumreading/voting you while you were flailing? I have seen this pretty frequently. I also don't understand your point about it being untrue that you were upset about people voting you for just trying to play; as far as I understand no one voted for you that reason. And where was Yeti tipped off balance?

It is also probably worth mentioning that your level of engagement with this game is pretty perplexing to me. What I've seen of you is only your towngame and a lot of lurking, so I am definitely feeling thrown off by the amount of content you're producing here. That doesn't really have any bearing on your alignment, but understanding what's going on in your head in that regard could help me understand your thoughts on the game overall better which would be great if you are town here.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 559, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:If the literal reason not to engage with someone is that they're somewhat verbose, that doesn't make them scum.
you keep either mistaking or misrepresenting my opinion on you. where did i say you're scum for your content levels?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by nancy »

I could probably vote Porkens after that.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by nancy »

In fact I am going to.

Vote: Porkens
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

I don’t. Like I said, I’m clueless. I can’t get reads this game that are worth a shit. Maybe after a day? But not now. I suck, that is all.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by nancy »

I don't really believe you? You did pretty fine in drealmer's game and that was chaos on top of trying to get reads.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:57 pm

It's gone now.
I don't get how they see my play as coming from scum, rather than not being alignment indicative.
Porken's vote on me, at the time, felt like a vote on me for playing. I later thought it was a part of some gambit and leaned a little into it. Now I'm not so sure why he voted me at all.
@Porkens:
Why did you vote me and hit me with that whole "Trust me" line?

Have you watched games where, when I'm playing, I'm not modding a game or playing solo in anything else?
I'm currently only in one other game on-site and I'm hydra'd in that one.

P-Edit:
@Northsidegal:
I'm not saying you're scumreading me for posting lots of content, but you've expressed that, while you've read my posts, you could see how others might not. I see people not responding/engaging with my content, yet dropping and/or maintaining votes on me--Porkens, Yeti, and Dunkerdoodles have all felt that way for one reason or another.

-V
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by nancy »

Fwiw, a big reason why I am doubting my read on you is that the votes on you have been so bad.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by nancy »

But like, the reasoning for why I'm scumreading you isn't going to go away. It may be outweighed by other things that you do or changed through interactions that we have but the kind of fear-mongering and yelling at people for scumreading you is probably the most significant part of my read and it's something that I can see much easier if you're scum here than if you're town. If I hadn't seen you get really angry/yell-y in the morph game where you were town I would probably be voting you right now. Actually come to think of it, your reasons for yelling at everyone seemed very paranoid and not quite based in reality there too, so maybe I shouldn't be scumreading you for that? :thinking:
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by nancy »

Varsoon would you describe yourself as narcissistic? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Absolutely.

-V
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by Porkens »

I was just trying to stir the pot.

My reads were shit in dreals game too.

I just get lucky sometimes, but I’m terrible at this game.

This one in particular, I don’t have any good reads, I just second guess myself to death and am swayed by other people.

I guess I have a crippling fear of being wrong.

Like, I would lynch nk but that’s because he was aggressive toward me. I don’t like him, but I don’t know if that’s scummy or not.

Acid is lurking way harder than usual and his posts are kinda unintelligible so is that scummy? I dunno.

Nancy, I’ve been looking forward to playing with you and dreal, so I don’t want to push your lynch, but I’m afraid that’s ruining my chances of scumreading either of you, even though I could see either or both of you as scum based on that rvs banter.

Like how do you find scum day 1? Unless someone is just too afraid to contribute, and follow along without producing new things, i can’t pick anyone out of the group.

Varsoon is playing different than I’ve seen him, I dunno if that makes him scum or if it’s really what says about being jm right now.

Uzi replaced out when he was getting scumread. I think that’s scummy as fuck, but others don’t think so maybe I’m wrong?

Nsg is busy, I know that, but he posts aren’t as sweeping and analyzing imo as they were at newb game we played or that one I replaced into and fucked up.

Yeti chain would be third time scum in a row in this game with me? That seems pretty unlikely. I don’t know how to read her though she seems fine this game?

Dunker is kinda lurking by comparison, but he has taken stands and given reads and doesn’t seem like he needs to be lynched right away or anything.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

Also varsoon is expounding on shit that doesn’t really seem important to me, so I just kinda glaze over his posts.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 571, Porkens wrote:Like how do you find scum day 1? Unless someone is just too afraid to contribute, and follow along without producing new things, i can’t pick anyone out of the group.
I put a ton of reasoning out there on a ton of different reads and see who engages with what and when the dayphase is nearly over I look back over it all and decide who I think is mafia.

You say I could be mafia based on the RVS stuff (I assume you mean pre-game?) but you had me a townread very early?

Like why did you vote me there (above)? Why flip between me and drealmer like that? What was going through your head?

I've been looking forward to playing with you too, but it's not going to stop me from lynching you if I think you're mafia. ;)

Your reads may not have been great in drealmer's game but you had a lot of thoughts and you clearly knew what you did think (most of the time).

"Yeti scum third time in a row" is not good reasoning. Even if you're not familiar with someone's meta you can still have opinions about their play.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

Interaction between you and D seemed fishy. Dunno which side but it seemed to get too real for the day vig moment.

Just confusion. I was reflecting on the game from the beginning and that’s the only event that really stands out to me.

Reasoning day 1 seems fuzzy when I read it. I don’t know if anything makes sense I have no way to judge.

Here look

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”