Newbie 1839: Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:37 am

Post by 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat »

In post 199, HeWhoSwims wrote:10/10 claim. You're either:

- Going to be lynched for people thinking you are lying

- Going to be killed at night for obvious reasons

- Going to be lynched day 2 after not being killed at night.
But it's thr truth. Imagine I lied. I'd be either:

-lynched by a role who could tell that I'm bluffing

-get called a liar and lynched regardless

-still die by mafia shot
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:47 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

If you really are town it would've benefited both town and yourself if you had claimed villager. If you'd survive the lynch somehow (and are town) then scum would likely keep you alive because you're getting attention away from them and you still would've had your healing power for the night, basically secured since if you're town I would imagine you would be one of the last people scum would want to kill.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:56 am

Post by JunkoChan »

Well we can at least get a counter claim from someone if they have a role that contradicts what masons is saying, but for real mason you should be more careful with your words if you are town you threw some bs "facts" this game.
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:06 am

Post by RedFlavor »

I dont cc
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Impede »

UNVOTE:
Ok, if anyone is a PR that will prove his claim wrong, you need to claim NOW. 1SBP, Jailkeeper, or Doctor MUST claim. Until then, we can't lynch this.

Guaranteed he gets NKed if he's telling the truth.

Best we can do in that case is make sure we lynch scum today so that Tracker or Cop can reliably catch the last scum. I'm just worried that our other PR is trying to lay low and might end up getting MLed because of it. Sigh.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:14 am

Post by Impede »

Red, plz. You need to CC if it will prove him wrong.
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:19 am

Post by RedFlavor »

In post 205, Impede wrote:Red, plz. You need to CC if it will prove him wrong.
What do you mean

Btw
UNVOTE:
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:10 am

Post by nancy »

Votecount 1.06

talon152 (3)
~ HeWhoSwims, acidphoenix, 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat (2)
~ wavemode, GuiltyLion
RedFlavor (1)
~ JunkoChan
JunkoChan (1)
~ talon152

Not voting (2)
~ Impede, RedFlavor

With 9 alive, 5 votes are needed to lynch.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-12-21 20:42:18).

acidphoenix has been prodded.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:00 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 2, nancy wrote:
newbie setup informationMatrix6 (designed by Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by
Mafia Goons
and
Vanilla Townies
appropriately, to create a
2-Mafia
and
7-Town
setup.

So if 3masons is a doctor, there's only 2 possible setups

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects.
Roleblocker
actions will take precedence over
Jailkeeper
actions should that apply. The
1-shot Bulletproof
is a passive ability that cannot be
roleblocked

Spoiler: SAMPLE ROLE PMS
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon
/
Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk during night phases only.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk during night phases only.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.
So if 3masons is telling the truth, there's only 2 possible setups, C and 2, something tells me that is probably 2 instead of C since many people were against the 1SBP claim.
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

before doing anything else here because lolpriorities:

order is
everyone posts and confirms not being a bp or doctor
if there's a jsilkeeper, they cc at this point
if there's no cc, masons is conf-enough town and probably proceeds to die tonight
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by Impede »

Not BP or Doctor.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I'm neither of those two either.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I am not counterclaiming.

I'm gonna need to reread again and sort out what town!3M means for the gamestate. In the mean time, parking my vote back on acid again
VOTE: acidphoenix
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 201, HeWhoSwims wrote:If you really are town it would've benefited both town and yourself if you had claimed villager. If you'd survive the lynch somehow (and are town) then scum would likely keep you alive because you're getting attention away from them and you still would've had your healing power for the night, basically secured since if you're town I would imagine you would be one of the last people scum would want to kill.
HeWhoSwims, what's the point of this post? And also, I'd rather a doctor not get lynched and soak up a NK on N1 than claim VT, get lynched, and allow scum free reign to kill whoever they want the following night.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 184, nancy wrote:
Votecount 1.05

3 Masons in a Trenchcoat (4)
~ wavemode, RedFlavor, Impede, GuiltyLion
talon152 (3)
~ HeWhoSwims, acidphoenix, 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
RedFlavor (1)
~ JunkoChan
JunkoChan (1)
~ talon152

With 9 alive, 5 votes are needed to lynch.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-12-21 20:42:18).
this is a useful vote count for future discussion. assuming 3M is town, I'd say it makes talon slightly more likely to be scum as his major CW. From a neutral perspective, there's probably at least one scum in the 4 people voting 3M - it's rare that you get 4 townies all voting town, with intent also declared.

I think I'm about here, assuming no one counterclaims Mason:
{3Mason}
{Impede, JunkoChan, RedFlavor}
{HeWhoSwims, wavemode}
{acidphoenix, talon}

this is prior to rereading some interactions with Mason and also still doesn't feel right because I doubt acid and talon are a team together. It also bothers me that my reads are fairly aligned with activity - I doubt both scum are two of the main lurksacks so it's more likely that there's a scum in my blind spot right now.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, here are some scum games:

College Mafia - a bit of an old game, but I'm most proud of this one, carried the team to a win in LYLO despite thinking I wasn't going to be able to pull it off
Party Mafia - here's a newbie game where my scumpartner and I rolled to a pretty comfortable win
Game Of Thrones S1E2 - did alright this game but got lynched in LYLO.

If you're looking for some patterns of how I treat my scumpartners, especially early in the game:
-in College Mafia I wagoned massive a bit on D1 to create some distance though I didn't push it that hard and moved over to other targets when I got a decent opportunity.
-in Party Mafia my initial early push was on Agent Sparkles but I found a quick reason to hop off and basically never really tried hard for his lynch again
-in GOTS1E2 my partner shaddowez was scumreading me but I was townreading him, backfired on us when he got lynched

I can link more but these were three of the most complete ones that I remember. There's a bunch of Newbie games where I replace in as scum or Micros with weird mechanics that I'm not sure would be as useful.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 196, Impede wrote:Also, if you're town, now you're pretty much guaranteed to die tonight since you all but claimed a PR. The best thing you can do at this stage is hardclaim your role and hope we have a protective PR to save you.
also

I didn't like the timing of this post

Not really sure that it's indicative, and I get that Mason was softing somewhat obviously and asking to claim, but it would have been way more useful to have wavemode and acidphoenix comment substantially on this wagon and give their reads on the gamestate before Mason shook things up again with his doc claim. Now, if either of them are scum, they don't have to pretend to scumread town!Mason or post genuine-looking evaluations/interactions with the players wagoning him
prior
to the claim.

It kinda bothers me that you didn't wait for wavemode/acid posts before explicitly asking Mason to claim, I feel like town!Impede should have seen the utility there.
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:24 pm

In post 204, Impede wrote:UNVOTE:
Ok, if anyone is a PR that will prove his claim wrong, you need to claim NOW. 1SBP, Jailkeeper, or Doctor MUST claim. Until then, we can't lynch this.

Guaranteed he gets NKed if he's telling the truth.

Best we can do in that case is make sure we lynch scum today so that Tracker or Cop can reliably catch the last scum. I'm just worried that our other PR is trying to lay low and might end up getting MLed because of it. Sigh.
In post 205, Impede wrote:Red, plz. You need to CC if it will prove him wrong.
In post 216, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 196, Impede wrote:Also, if you're town, now you're pretty much guaranteed to die tonight since you all but claimed a PR. The best thing you can do at this stage is hardclaim your role and hope we have a protective PR to save you.
also

I didn't like the timing of this post

Not really sure that it's indicative, and I get that Mason was softing somewhat obviously and asking to claim, but it would have been way more useful to have wavemode and acidphoenix comment substantially on this wagon and give their reads on the gamestate before Mason shook things up again with his doc claim. Now, if either of them are scum, they don't have to pretend to scumread town!Mason or post genuine-looking evaluations/interactions with the players wagoning him
prior
to the claim.

It kinda bothers me that you didn't wait for wavemode/acid posts before explicitly asking Mason to claim, I feel like town!Impede should have seen the utility there.

Impede seems a but rushed for the town, especially rushing to try to get someone to cc me. In 204 and 205, his words imply that he's in a hurry to get the town against me. I understand that we only have four days left, but he was also very eager to get me to claim in .

If Impede is scum, rushing this day to the end would be very beneficial. Scum has an easy kill on a PR, so rushing the day to the end lets them cash in a free kill, while also encouraging town to ML.

It also seems hypocritical for Impede to tell me I have to claim to stay alive and then immediately try to turn my claim back on me. The way he is begging Redflavor to claim also seems very suspicious. There's no way for him to know if Red is town, let alone has a PR, unless he is scum. And Red has no clue what's going on in .

From this evidence, my read on Impede is a scum who is playing the LAMIST card by "helping" me. He knows I'm town and is encouraging me to prove I'm town so in hindsight he can be read as the guy who helped avoid a mislynch. Now that I've claimed a PR, he wants to reach the night phase quickly so he can murder me. However, he also doesn't want to just let me go free, in case I could be a dirty liar, so he's also quick to pull the town's defense and say "let's make sure he is telling the truth, everyone."

Notice how he is quick to complain that other's can't cc but doesn't declare whether he can CC or not until acid suggests everyone say if they can claim.

Am I reading too much into this? Either way, my vote has to go somewhere.
VOTE: Impede
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:26 pm

EBWOP: i realize not voting is an option. I would prefer to vote, though.
talon152
talon152
Townie
talon152
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by talon152 »

Not bp or doctor
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:31 am

Post by RedFlavor »

In post 209, acidphoenix wrote:before doing anything else here because lolpriorities:

order is
everyone posts and confirms not being a bp or doctor
if there's a jsilkeeper, they cc at this point
if there's no cc, masons is conf-enough town and probably proceeds to die tonight
We have a little time left and he is trying to make us lose time
VOTE: acidphoenix

Why bp/doc claim and jk claim is not in the same sentence?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:08 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Annnnnd who do we even lynch if we lack a counterclaim, confirming 3M as town? I tend to say Talon.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:25 am

Post by wavemode »

Catch-up later today
retired...?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Impede »

@3M: Sorry, thought it went without saying that I couldn't CC by the fact that I was calling for others to do it.

You make some good points though. Best I can say at this stage is "nuh uh!" but time will tell I guess if you think you can trust me. I think part of the reason you don't like me is because I turned on you, but you didn't give me much of a choice. Bummertown.

In a game with more experienced players, I think scum would actually leave you alive, but we are probably dealing with newbscum, so you're pretty much guaranteed dead.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Impede »

In post 221, HeWhoSwims wrote:Annnnnd who do we even lynch if we lack a counterclaim, confirming 3M as town? I tend to say Talon.
Need to do some rereading. Talon is not the right move.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”