Not Voting (3) -
CommKnight, wavemode, Almost50

Mod Notes

- wavemode is VLA until the 17th
- Gamma Emerald will be VLA from the 21st to the 25th
- havingfitz is VLA until Monday

Deadline:
(expired on 2017-12-22 18:00:00)
Last edited by Alisaes French Maid on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 am

Post by mozamis »

*NOT that bothered
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by rb »

In post 147, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 146, rb wrote:
In post 130, TwoInAMillion wrote:Looking at the posting activity and don't like that Comm makes his proposal, only has 2 total posts so far, and has pretty much silent since people point out it isn't good.

VOTE: CommKnight
what's your updated opinion based on his explanation? (he works, he gap in activity isn't that long afaik)
Could be true, but more than likely he's just being reactive and making an excuse.
This seems unreasonable tbh, he was gone less than 12 hours. Other people have had gaps that long in their posts, why is it only relevant for CK somehow?
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Alisaes French Maid »

Prodding JunkoChan
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by rb »

In post 173, mozamis wrote:
In post 102, rb wrote:VOTE: CommKnight

fake dumbtell

bye scum
Very unusual play for scum. Comm is cleared for me, until late game paranoia :P
no
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 202, rb wrote:
In post 147, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 146, rb wrote:
In post 130, TwoInAMillion wrote:Looking at the posting activity and don't like that Comm makes his proposal, only has 2 total posts so far, and has pretty much silent since people point out it isn't good.

VOTE: CommKnight
what's your updated opinion based on his explanation? (he works, he gap in activity isn't that long afaik)
Could be true, but more than likely he's just being reactive and making an excuse.
This seems unreasonable tbh, he was gone less than 12 hours. Other people have had gaps that long in their posts, why is it only relevant for CK somehow?
Like, are you arguing for or against Comm now? I'm confused.

Also, where do you stand on Gamma?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

In case you hadn't notice, this is early day 1 and reads may not be as strong as they would be, say, later in the game. We have to form our reads based on something.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 206, TwoInAMillion wrote:In case you hadn't notice, this is early day 1 and reads may not be as strong as they would be, say, later in the game. We have to form our reads based on something.
Who are you replying to?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

People who criticize my reads for being harsh.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

shameless proddodging, sorry guys had many things to do recently, including my birthday party and other stuff, gotta read back.
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by Alisaes French Maid »

Happy Birthday! (prolly late)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 193, Almost50 wrote:I am especially concerned about the "Lynch anyway regardless of the claim" concept, and even more so the response I got for pointing it out. "You're wrong and I'll tel you why tomorrow"? Why tomorrow? Why not on the spot?
What kind of cunt do you need to be to make availability alignment indicative? This guy's reaching.

I didn't even tell anyone to "lynch anyway regardless of the claim." I said no one should be claiming mason. I said there's no value for the masons to do it. So mason claims should be a cause for lynch.

I'm back now. Long wall post followed by small posts and groaning complains of how hyperactive of a player I am.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 pm

In the discussion of CommieKnight being a town who fucked up a strategy vs. faking a townslip while simultaneously trying to advocate an anti-town agenda:

I think it's more likely for scum to bend the town than to break it, yeah? Especially this early. Also, Occam's Razor. I find CK's proposal to be more plausible to come from town than scum. But it's in the uncanny valley of WIFOM so it's more null for me.

Okay let's move on. Here are some truths:

1. Masons gets killed when shot. Decreasing our numbers, making it easier to shoot other masons. Not to mention, associative tells exist. It is important for us to conceal the identity of our masons.
2. VTs kills Mafia when shot. This produces a fear for scum to refrain from killing until masons drop some tells.

My solution:
Masons and VTs should both claim VTs, regardless of role.

Why?
1. We need to maximize use of the fear the scum has. If they can't trust VT claims, their margin of error and paranoia will go through the roof.
2. Masons don't need to claim mason. Here is the leading excuse to why masons should claim: counterclaiming. Alright, let's run that scenario. Scum fakeclaims mason. Should masons counterclaim? No. You will die. And probably your friends will die too. Instead, you just

Code: Select all

wagon that shit
. You have 4 guys who knows this cunt is lying. They will produce reads that will reflect this. Hopefully, the existence of masons don't curb the average player's scumhunting skills and fuck it up for everybody. If masons counterclaim, who will confirm that counterclaim? Other masons? Then that's very stupid. They will die too.
3. Masons—VT—whatever. They're both town. Just claim town. The only difference masons have is being more fragile and having better reads than most town. Masons shouldn't rely on claiming for their towniness to be apparent. If the goal is to save themselves, they're fucking that up by claiming won't they?
4. If someone claims mason, then it's almost apparent that it's a scum gambit.
5. VTs shouldn't claim Mason because that would be lying. Lies will make you sketchy and difficult to read as town — causing your lynch. Don't cause your lynch.

Almost50's spin:
In post 119, Almost50 wrote: I don't like this post. It smells on so many levels. The best interpretation is "Lynch the Masons anyway."
Wrong. Didn't say this. You made that spin. And it's based on wrong assumptions anyway.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:You see, if a someone claims Mason the Masons will know if it's legit. However, chances are they won't be on the wagon to start with, so this is directed at the VTs in an attempt to plant the idea that a claim doesn't mean shit and they should go ahead and lynch anyway.
Well, if masons claim to save themselves from the bandwagon, they would have done more damage to their faction. Anyone should just go ahead and lynch a claiming mason because it doesn't make too much of a sense for masons to claim. They should do as much as they can to conceal it up until the flip.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:I will try to explain in details: X is a Mason being wagoned. His fellow Masons are trying to stay off the Wagon. If he gets lynched they're probably screwed, but without them there's a good chance he won't be lynched.
Yes. He'll probably get killed instead. Duh.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:If he is pushed enough and put to L-1 he would claim, and it should convince the VTs to unvote, but he would be shot anyway.
Correct. So you have no point.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:HOWEVER, if X was a VT and claimed a Mason and was unvoted, Scum would be shooting him, and it would backfire on them.
THIS is what humaneatingmonkey is trying to avoid
Wrong. We're already doing this fog of uncertainty and scum paranoia by asking everyone to claim VT instead. And hasty malicious assumption, jesus.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:So, the post actually translates: "Lynch anyway, so we don't have to risk shooting them."
Shitty translation, brother.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:07 pm

VOTE: jzhenson93

I don't like how this guy is approaching this game at all. He's an alt account, right?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:15 pm

CommKnight town
TwoInAMillion town
MawhrinSkel town
mozamis town
Hongzi town

Almost50 probtown

wavemode null

rb nullscum

JunkoChan* probscum
jzhenson93 probscum
havingfitz probscum
Gamma Emerald probscum

I don't like how JunkoChan started the game.
I don't like how jzhenson93 have reads that are totally inorganic.
I don't like how havingfitz preaches masons claiming like it's inconsequential and without repercussions. Like it's a safe thing to do.
I don't like how Gamma Emerald is delaying to share with the game when he has posts that shows he's reacting organically. I think it's conflicting to what his mindset seems to be. I haven't seen this version Gamma Emerald yet so I'm suspicious about it.

rb is not rb this game.

Almost50 seems honest but sometimes it feels like a facade.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm

In post 192, Almost50 wrote:@Everyone: Am I the only one suspecting HuEMo? I don't understand the TRs on him. I can maybe understand being Null on the slot (as in being confused and being able to decide), but I don't see what he gets TR'd so far. Can anyone help me?
If this is true, then you're not in the same game as everyone else.
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by jzhenson93 »

In post 213, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: jzhenson93

I don't like how this guy is approaching this game at all. He's an alt account, right?
Popping in tonight to address this, giving things a re-read tomorrow morning to see what comes of it.

I was on mafiascum when I was in high school and, even though I really enjoy playing mafia, I didn't have a mature enough handle on managing my time and ended up chronically replacing out of games.

Now that I'm done with my master's and settling into a more stable schedule, I came back to the site to get back into mafia as a hobby. So I guess you could call me an alt, but there's no main account with sizeable enough experience to really matter.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Which wagon are we doing? Gamma Emerald looks fruitful because he might start town spewing or spewing bullshit. Everyone else in my probscum list I want to observe a little more first.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:22 pm

In post 216, jzhenson93 wrote:
In post 213, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: jzhenson93

Popping in tonight to address this, giving things a re-read tomorrow morning to see what comes of it.

I was on mafiascum when I was in high school and, even though I really enjoy playing mafia, I didn't have a mature enough handle on managing my time and ended up chronically replacing out of games.

Now that I'm done with my master's and settling into a more stable schedule, I came back to the site to get back into mafia as a hobby. So I guess you could call me an alt, but there's no main account with sizeable enough experience to really matter.
Okay good night
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:23 pm

I also want everyone to towntell as much as they can. If you're mason, don't be afraid of being too town. They won't know the difference.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:27 pm

In post 219, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I also want everyone to towntell as much as they can. If you're mason, don't be afraid of being too town. They won't know the difference.
It might also conceal you better because people will have more cause to put you in their townbloc. If apparently you're acting scummy but you're still in the townbloc of some 5 player, that's a major associative tell that will kill your faction. Make it easier for everyone to put you into a townblock without them reaching so goddamn much.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:48 pm

OH shit L-1 alert
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:50 pm

UNVOTE: Gamma Emerald

I'm not comfortable with putting anyone to L-1 this early, and when multiple playas are on V/LA.

VOTE: jhenzon93
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by rb »

In post 205, Almost50 wrote: Like, are you arguing for or against Comm now? I'm confused.

Also, where do you stand on Gamma?
2iam's reasoning for voting CommKnight is that "he didn't post for a while"

It was 12 hours, other players have had a bigger gap. I'm not arguing "for or against" anything, I want 2iam to explain why CommKnight not being here is apparently so relevant, but for every other player who had a gap between posts, it's not.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by rb »

In post 206, TwoInAMillion wrote:In case you hadn't notice, this is early day 1 and reads may not be as strong as they would be, say, later in the game. We have to form our reads based on something.
This still doesn't explain why you're focused on only one of the players out of the half a dozen or so who've had a ~12hour gap in posting at this point of the game.

If the reason for your suspicion of CK is based on his activity, why are you not suspicious of the other low activity players?

Return to “Completed Open Games”