Micro 759: Tarot uPick III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 1124, drealmerz7 wrote:102 post is plenty early enough to vote a scumbud and have plenty of time and cushion to come off it before it's anything
I agree with you but that's not really what I'm saying. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I'm saying that how it happened doesn't reflect a scum mindset to me, nor does the fact it's not been referenced now.

Overall what I'm saying is that post makes me think it's more likely than baseline randomness that Yetichain is town.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 255, Porkens wrote:
In post 248, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 239, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:
In post 235, nancy wrote:Why LUV over drealmer?
While drealmerz' initial "guess I rolled town, hahaha, must be a curse, wish I was scum, lol, too bad I am town" schtick had me rolling my eyes, the tone of his play reminds me a lot of previous games I've been in where he ended up as town.

Little Uzi, however, despite being among the top posters, has very little content and has actively been disengaging without giving a ton of reason why.
Hmm yes. I agree. High volume of unnecessary posts, the only person to deny all questions, does care greatly about motivation, but does not want to ask nancy why they asked the questions, quite a bit general theory talk, and only one read.

Acid
In post 243, acidphoenix wrote:nancy on general tonal things from a cursory iso skim

dreal also for tonal things but with actual specifics
the Nancy dayvig stunt and how he did it / talked with Nancy after is imo villagery, the "don't say your townreads" is probably only said in context like that from a villager, and same for how he handled rqs discussion w luv
These tonal things mentioned warrant more explanations. Detailed explanations.
This seems forced and disingenuous and a touch hypocritical.

Dunk, lil bit ;)
I'm pretty sure you are going to hate how I post then. NK15 seems direct and to the point, the demand for some substance behind my predecessor's posts seems entirely reasonable to me.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:14 pm

Post by nancy »

garaputo how many times have you seen mafia vote a partner early in the game then point back to that vote as a reason to read them as unaligned? I think everyone in the game including Yetichain would realize that it's very irrelevant.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by nancy »

Oh, uh.

*cough*
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by garaputo »

Yeah I actually even linked to the wrong post. I was quoting initially I think. I clicked it again and I dunno, I think reading it the first time it felt like it was unlikely from coscum. Not sure I'm actually feeling it now that I've read further in. Probably barking up the wrong tree.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by nancy »

Have you seen it before though? Like where did that thought originate from?
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 1130, nancy wrote:Have you seen it before though? Like where did that thought originate from?
Yes, I've definitely seen it before, and on reflection think it's not as likely to be a relevant thought as I originally hoped.

In full disclosure I was reading the thread from both ends towards the middle, and I thought "ooh look at this in the start that seems relevant to what's going on at the end" and got excited that maybe my perspective as I read could inform the current gamestate.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by garaputo »

I'm going to have to put a pin on my reread for the night. I'd like to come back and talk about posts and , I think that I'm supposed to sleep *prior* to waking up for work tomorrow. I'm mostly noting that for my own convenience when I return.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by nancy »

Thanks, that makes sense. I can see how you're reading it that way and I don't think it's at all unreasonable to read it as >rand town in that way. I do think it's a touch odd that you assumed they hadn't referenced it without reading thread but that's probably not indicative of anything.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Post by nancy »

I miss not being the top poster in the game because other people actually care about solving the game.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by nancy »

I feel sick about townreading northsidegal because I scumread everything they post but they feel unaligned with Varsoon. Kill me god.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:46 pm

Post by nancy »

Open question to anyone who wants to answer: if you had one shot of either a Desperado or a Dayvig and had to shoot it right now which shot would you take, who would you shoot with it and why?

This question is a thinly veiled excuse for me to say that I would dayvig drealmerz7
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 1133, nancy wrote:Thanks, that makes sense. I can see how you're reading it that way and I don't think it's at all unreasonable to read it as >rand town in that way. I do think it's a touch odd that you assumed they hadn't referenced it without reading thread but that's probably not indicative of anything.
FWIW, I was reading the thread from both ends at the time (I still am). So regarding that assumption, I had read the thread starting at daybreak until now at that point, and saw no reference to it, but was open to the possibility that I had missed it being subtly alluded to given the time spent on reading today's posts.

I'm going to go back now to the posts I left for myself earlier. I recall the first one felt like a turning point and the second one a change in the way two players were interacting.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:26 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 1132, garaputo wrote:I'm going to have to put a pin on my reread for the night. I'd like to come back and talk about posts and , I think that I'm supposed to sleep *prior* to waking up for work tomorrow. I'm mostly noting that for my own convenience when I return.
nancy's seems to me to be (so far in my reread) a significant shift in the game.

The response in would have certainly garnered my attention, and I think 548 caused it.

I know it's a similar argument to the one I made regarding Yetichain, but nancy's 548 gives me town vibes (outside of the outcome of the position, the mechanism for the deciding the vote was attempting to understand motive/mindset)

I felt was a shift in post style, but on review there was and . A lot of what is in those 3 posts feels to me like the things being complained about in NK15's in and reinforced in . Not sure if there is any meat on that particular bone though. I can't say hypocritical is strongly alignment indicative.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:44 am

Post by nancy »

you should say more things and so on
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:45 am

Post by nancy »

oops i meant to say that in the scum pt
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:48 am

Post by nancy »

#outed
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:05 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 1139, nancy wrote:you should say more things and so on
I plan to. This is my last day at work for the year so I have some matters of business to attend to for probably at least the next 4 hours or so. This game won't have my full attention until after I'm home from work.

The good news is that I have *read* at least once, every post in the thread now, although the last half that I've read this morning have not been read with as much scrutiny.

The bad news is I have lots of things that I still don't understand. More to come on this.
In post 1140, nancy wrote:oops i meant to say that in the scum pt
Serious question: how many scum do you think are in this game.
In post 1141, nancy wrote:#outed
I don't think this is funny.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:30 am

Post by garaputo »

I'll vomit this much into the thread, I am willing to admit it's possible some of these things were addressed and I missed them on the catch up.

* There are quite a few posts that I've read and will share thoughts on in the post 571 - to current post range that I don't have time to give proper attention at the moment. I'll likely make one more wall with a bunch of thoughts rather than continue with the stream of consciousness style post as I catch up - as those thoughts won't be coming from the first fresh readthrough.

* I don't understand several things around the following topics
1) neighborhoods
2) the lack of night kill
3) acid's vote to start the day

In general
There were several things that stood out to me in terms of interactions, from the porkens -> nk15 thing to the drealmerz7 -> nancy thing etc. Especially interesting to me were posts of the form "I'm having a hard time treating X as scum since I wanted to play with them" and the manner in which the runup to the lynch happened. There may be some fertile ground in terms of motivations for who didn't want to scumread whom. Also there were several (or at least "a few") posts that called out other people noting how they had changed their positions on topics which seemed to demonstrate a town mindset to me.

In terms of playstyle preferences (to add onto the 4 questions response from earlier) - please ask me some questions, especially ones that are clearly defined. It's a good way to get me to interact with you specifically. Personal interactions usually give me a good sense of motivations, as I'm somehow more sensitive to things said to/about me than things sent to an arbitrary person of unknown status.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:19 am

Post by Porkens »

Wait, I think I missed something.

Nancy, how did you message Yeti?
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:21 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 1144, Porkens wrote:Wait, I think I missed something.

Nancy, how did you message Yeti?
Privately.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:24 am

Post by garaputo »

For reference:

In post 1012, nancy wrote:They were just sheeping me, Varsoon.

And I
asked Yeti privately
to vote you.
In post 1096, nancy wrote:I strongly scumread Yetichain and think the slot has a very high chance of flipping mafia here. I was reading them as unaligned with Varsoon for a lot of yesterday just because they were both hard pushing each other but I think that was very premature and simplistic of me and when I actually go back and dig into those interactions I don't think there's anything clearing about it at all; think the way that Varsoon talks to Yeti feels like he's just going through the motions and doesn't actually care about Yeti's opinion, there's a lot of jabbing and parrying there that I think makes more sense as a partnered interaction than them being unaligned and think if you compare the way Varsoon treated northsidegal and Yetichain they're very very different. Don't think the EoD vote on Varsoon is clearing since they were pretty much forced to vote him there or look very badly for it given that they they had stated him as their 2nd strongest scumread and
I messaged them privately
and asked them to vote him.

Think outside of her push on Varsoon Yetichain's done next to no scumhunting and what little there is feels very fake; I'm looking at and not seeing anything except posturing there which is something I'm strongly scumreading and the "north could be mafia but I have to find out what her read of me is before I decide" is something that has a bunch of scum motivation and doesn't make sense as a thought process that Yeti is actually having if she's town here. Also think there's a mismatch in how much Yeti has been talking about how people are town and how people are scum with 958/960 being a good example of this, think the way they get a very accurate, borderline TMI read on Porkens in 960 is something that doesn't quite add up to me coming from someone who's been struggling to get an understanding of the game / their reads at that point because it displays a very nuanced appreciation of Porken's content up to that point and think it's just really unlikely for them to arrive at that if they're genuinely muddled but it makes a ton of sense if they're mafia and know that Porkens is town.

I'm also in a neighborhood with them and what made me go back to this read and reconsider it after starting to back off my scumread was some very TMI NKA they did in the hood which basically looked like them telling me exactly why they tried to nightkill Dunkerdoodles. Not going to elaborate on that any further.

Very confident on this slot being mafia.

Vote: Yetichain
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:29 am

Post by garaputo »

One that I'm not understanding:

Who is birdpig?
In post 611, birdpig wrote:You know what you need? You need to slit a throat!

just vote and it can all be over.
In post 817, birdpig wrote:Ok let's do yeti then

VOTE: yetichain[/]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:30 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1136, nancy wrote:Open question to anyone who wants to answer: if you had one shot of either a Desperado or a Dayvig and had to shoot it right now which shot would you take, who would you shoot with it and why?

This question is a thinly veiled excuse for me to say that I would dayvig drealmerz7
Drealmerz is starting to pulsate like a red orb for me in my 3rd eye.

he's kinda jumping in where i dont expect him?

yeah.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:30 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1147, garaputo wrote:One that I'm not understanding:

Who is birdpig?
In post 611, birdpig wrote:You know what you need? You need to slit a throat!

just vote and it can all be over.
In post 817, birdpig wrote:Ok let's do yeti then

VOTE: yetichain[/]
that was me altslipping

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”