Newbie 1839: Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:51 am

Post by JunkoChan »

SHHHHHHHHHHH you are not supposed to speak after hammer, GuiltyLion should have said so, please teach the new players, since acid is dead.
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Eh, people have different views about twilight (after hammer but before threadlock) posting. I think for D1 it's mostly harmless - if you are town, mostly just consider whether the info you're giving on your reads will help scum make a more informed NK or not.

It can sometimes be useful in that scum have a harder time posting believably during twilight when they know what the person is going to flip - I've seen players towntell in twilight before because their posts were obviously ignorant of the upcoming flip and/or still working to gamesolve.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:27 am

Post by nancy »

Votecount 1.09

acidphoenix
(5)
~ GuiltyLion, RedFlavor, 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat, Impede, JunkoChan
talon152 (2)
~ HeWhoSwims, acidphoenix
JunkoChan (1)
~ talon152

Not voting (1)
~ wavemode

With 9 alive, 5 votes were needed to lynch.
Day 1 has ended with a lynch.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:28 am

Post by nancy »

acidphoenix,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-20 17:28:15).
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:45 am

Post by nancy »

GuiltyLion,
Vanilla Townie
, Died Night 1.

It is now Day 2.

Votecount 2.00

Not voting (7)
~ 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat, JunkoChan, HeWhoSwims, Impede, talon152, RedFlavor, wavemode

With 7 alive, 4 votes are needed to lynch.
Day 2 ends in (expired on 2018-01-04 18:44:45).
Last edited by nancy on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 214, GuiltyLion wrote:
I think I'm about here, assuming no one counterclaims Mason:
{3Mason}
{Impede, JunkoChan, RedFlavor}
{HeWhoSwims, wavemode}
{acidphoenix, talon}
This was the last read list GL left before dying, we can at least work from there since now there's no way to know why he read HeWhoswims as more likely mafia, tbh it would make sense for HWS to be mafia since GL died, killing the only one who had him as a scumread seems like the right thing to do.

If we go with this train of thought then HWS pushing so hard a lynch on talon probably makes him town, unless he went for a bus kill since talon is barely playing at all.

on the other hand what the f why is the doctor not dead? unless someone is gamethrowing 3 masons is still 100% town.

I think we should all Hypo cop/track claim today and only if the real cop/track has a guilty/investigation on someone they hardclaim cuz we still have the doc to get another read.

In worst case scenario if real cop outs with the guilty and we lynch the vanilla mafia instead of the roleblocker we at least have 1 more conftown for next day.

My hypo claims are Wavemode guilty and GuiltyLion visited no one.

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

ImageI just realized worst case scenario is even worse than I thought fk. But it still leaves us with a conftown at least

Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Impede »

Agree with the hypo claim I think. Not really sure how it’s executed though. I’m super intrigued that 3M is alive still. Very odd.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Impede »

Unless scum are trying to frame me since I made a big deal about him being for sure dead. Or maybe they don’t realize Doc can’t protect himself.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 257, Impede wrote:Agree with the hypo claim I think..
You give a report as if you were cop and tracker so in case you die we can still work with that next day

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

I think it's obvious but I meant in case real cop dies

Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by Impede »

Do I claim one or the other specifically?
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

Claim both

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 255, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 214, GuiltyLion wrote:My hypo claims are Wavemode guilty and GuiltyLion visited no one.
Like this

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

fucked up the quote format but you get the idea

Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Impede »

Cop: RedFlavor - Town
Tracker: GuiltyLion - No target
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by RedFlavor »

Junko ns

Impede no one
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat »

{3Mason}
{HeWhoSwims, wavemode}
{acidphoenix, talon}
This was the last read list GL left before dying, we can at least work from there since now there's no way to know why he read HeWhoswims as more likely mafia, tbh it would make sense for HWS to be mafia since GL died, killing the only one who had him as a scumread seems like the right thing to do.

If we go with this train of thought then HWS pushing so hard a lynch on talon probably makes him town, unless he went for a bus kill since talon is barely playing at all.

on the other hand what the f why is the doctor not dead? unless someone is gamethrowing 3 masons is still 100% town.

I think we should all Hypo cop/track claim today and only if the real cop/track has a guilty/investigation on someone they hardclaim cuz we still have the doc to get another read.

In worst case scenario if real cop outs with the guilty and we lynch the vanilla mafia instead of the roleblocker we at least have 1 more conftown for next day.

In post 257, Impede wrote:Agree with the hypo claim I think. Not really sure how it’s executed though. I’m super intrigued that 3M is alive still. Very odd.

I can think of one situation that keeps me alive. The mafia has a roleblocker. If they do, then it makes more sense to roleblock me until random selection lets them kill the cop. Then they can kill me no problem and kill the rest of the town.

Funny thing is, I tried to save GuiltyLion. I thought that they might attack him because he was one of the people who was slamming me before I claimed. I thought they would try to make it seem like I fake-claimed. It was stupid logic, but my intuition picked the right person. Yet he still died.

So I'm a vanilla townie until we lynch the Roleblocker. But now we know something important: There is a cop, and that cop should NOT hard claim. We also know that there's a roleblocker.

Intuition told me that there's a roleblocker in this game, but I didn't have any evidence. That's why I was so skitzy about the BP claim. I knew there was no BP, and that it was being asked for by a mafia roleblocker who was trying to see what the setup was.

Just as a reminder, that was RedFlavor, who requested it in post and had a grudge in the beginning against Guilty starting at . And guilty ended up dead.

My evidence is circumstantial, but I'm gonna iso Red and try to get a read. I'll get back to everyone tomorrow. For now...

VOTE: RedFlavor
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 267, 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat wrote:
{3Mason}
{HeWhoSwims, wavemode}
{acidphoenix, talon}

In post 257, Impede wrote:Agree with the hypo claim I think. Not really sure how it’s executed though. I’m super intrigued that 3M is alive still. Very odd.

I can think of one situation that keeps me alive. The mafia has a roleblocker. If they do, then it makes more sense to roleblock me until random selection lets them kill the cop. Then they can kill me no problem and kill the rest of the town.

Funny thing is, I tried to save GuiltyLion. I thought that they might attack him because he was one of the people who was slamming me before I claimed. I thought they would try to make it seem like I fake-claimed. It was stupid logic, but my intuition picked the right person. Yet he still died.

So I'm a vanilla townie until we lynch the Roleblocker. But now we know something important: There is a cop, and that cop should NOT hard claim. We also know that there's a roleblocker.

Intuition told me that there's a roleblocker in this game, but I didn't have any evidence. That's why I was so skitzy about the BP claim. I knew there was no BP, and that it was being asked for by a mafia roleblocker who was trying to see what the setup was.

Just as a reminder, that was RedFlavor, who requested it in post and had a grudge in the beginning against Guilty starting at . And guilty ended up dead.

My evidence is circumstantial, but I'm gonna iso Red and try to get a read. I'll get back to everyone tomorrow. For now...

VOTE: RedFlavor
This is super important, it also means that cop has at least 1 report, so yeah, everyone hypo cop please.

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 266, RedFlavor wrote:Junko ns

Impede no one
What do you mean by ns?

Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Impede »

Wow. That’s gamechanging. So now we know what our setup is which puts us on an even playing field with scum.

I agree you should look at Red more closely. Although I don’t think the BP claim is AI at all. I still have a slight townlean on Red tbh.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

3 masons, Impede
town
Talon152
null town
HeWhoSwims
wildcard
RedFlavor Wavemode
Scum lean

I thinnk I'm sitting on this reads for a bit

talon152
talon152
Townie
talon152
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by talon152 »

Cop: Impede town
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:44 am

Post by RedFlavor »

Ns means inno
In post 271, JunkoChan wrote:
3 masons, Impede
town
Talon152
null town
HeWhoSwims
wildcard
RedFlavor Wavemode
Scum lean

I thinnk I'm sitting on this reads for a bit

Why impede is town
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:55 am

Post by nancy »

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”