gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by gorckat »

Early on Near was pushing "too townie" arguments even after being told they were bad logic. His jester speculation and other role specukation is also a bit suspect; I can't decide if looking for bizarre roles to fit behavior is scummy or newbie.

What is making me vote Near right now is the bizarre flip from 'Sammich passing his test' (in which Sammich said he did not make up the die roll) to going after him for not posting a scum list and then becoming convinced he lied again. I admit I got wrapped in Sammich's 'uncooperativeness' and wanted his answers, too, but since he has seemingly flaked I can assume he wasn't keeping up with things.

unvote
vote: Near
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by gorckat »

And since the vote count wrapped to the last page- that should be -1.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

Pretty sure Near's not voting Near, and I am. Just to make it clear.

I didn't accuse Near of throwing his buddy under the bus, I merely stated it was a possibility. And it is. I still don't quite know what to make of the whole likely lying about the dice thing, but weighed against his action regarding MP's claim, I'm liking him as more townie than scum, at least compared to Near.

My reads are really middling on a lot of the other players here, and I'm not really willing to make a stand until we have a bit more information, and I think Near's lynch gives us quite a bit of that as well. People have been discussing him all day, and it'd be nice to know his alignment, as well as there being a fairly strong likelihood of him being scum.
<><
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Mizzy »

If someone is at -1L, can someone please unvote until I can finish reading? Thanks!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by destructor »

jerubbaal wrote:Pretty sure Near's not voting Near, and I am. Just to make it clear.
Fixed. And here's the new vote count.

.::] Vote Count [::.

Mizzy (1)
- XReyoX
Near (5)
- Y, Mizzy, Imat, jerrubaal, gorckat
gorckat (1)
- Lowell

Not Voting (4) - Ripley, Incognito, Sammich, Near

Six
votes makes a lynch.

Last edited by destructor on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:32 am

Post by gorckat »

mod:
psst...Mizzy replaced MP :P
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Mizzy »

gorckat wrote:
mod:
Oh hell, please ignore the stupidity.

Unvote

I'll finish reading today.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:59 am

Post by destructor »

gorckat wrote:
mod:
Oops! Fixed.

And, Lowell has been prodded.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:08 am

Post by Lowell »

Well look I'm one prod from being replaced already. I'm keeping my vote where it is.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:52 am

Post by XReyoX »

Lowell:

I'm sure you understand why you're one prod from being replaced.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:52 am

Post by gorckat »

Lowell whilte voting Y and Near wrote:It seemed a little like Y was coaching Near a bit in his post. Again, this isn't exactly a smoking gun, but it's good enough.
Lowell while voting me wrote:unvote, vote gorkat. I'm not really sure I understand the point of his defense of sammich. It seems like he saw someone in trouble and used it as an opportunity to make himself look good. Couple that with the fact that he doesn't do much (yes, yes, pot, kettle, black, whatever) is good enough.
Twice you've qualified your vote reasons as "good enough". Earlier you got tangled in Incognito's web of voting back and forth on Y/Near. Now, despite a lot, including my response to your vote, you're "keeping [your] vote where it is."

FoS: Lowell

I don't like "good enough" reasons when there's been as much animated back and forth as we've had. It sounds really non-committal.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Near »

Sammich has completely disappeared.

mod, have you prodded Sammich?
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:22 am

Post by gorckat »

He's looking for a replacement, per his post at the end of the last page.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Lowell »

gorckat wrote:
Lowell whilte voting Y and Near wrote:It seemed a little like Y was coaching Near a bit in his post. Again, this isn't exactly a smoking gun, but it's good enough.
Lowell while voting me wrote:unvote, vote gorkat. I'm not really sure I understand the point of his defense of sammich. It seems like he saw someone in trouble and used it as an opportunity to make himself look good. Couple that with the fact that he doesn't do much (yes, yes, pot, kettle, black, whatever) is good enough.
Twice you've qualified your vote reasons as "good enough". Earlier you got tangled in Incognito's web of voting back and forth on Y/Near. Now, despite a lot, including my response to your vote, you're "keeping [your] vote where it is."

FoS: Lowell

I don't like "good enough" reasons when there's been as much animated back and forth as we've had. It sounds really non-committal.
Says the guy with all the FOSs...

It IS non-committal. What do you want me to say? I'm guessing here.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:22 am

Post by gorckat »

Lowell wrote:It IS non-committal. What do you want me to say? I'm guessing here.
So who do you want to lynch? Anyone?
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Near »

gorckat wrote: What is making me vote Near right now is the bizarre flip from 'Sammich passing his test' (in which Sammich said he did not make up the die roll) to going after him for not posting a scum list and then becoming convinced he lied again. I admit I got wrapped in Sammich's 'uncooperativeness' and wanted his answers, too, but since he has seemingly flaked I can assume he wasn't keeping up with things.
This was when I first had the thought the Sammich was a jester. At the time, I did not know that jesters are very uncommon in a mini normal game like this. Please re-read my post at 341 on why I thought Sammich fit the role of jester pretty well.

I've already explained that I lied on purpose when I said Sammich passed my test. I lied because I wanted Sammich to think I don't suspect him anymore. Then I proceeded to ask him who he thinks are scums. By looking at his scum list and the arguments as to why he thinks the people he picked are scums, I wanted to determine whether or not he was a jester. Basically, if he came up with a reasonable list with reasonable arguments, then I would probably have thought that he was a scum. If it looked like he was trying to be unreasonable on purpose, I probably would have concluded that he was a jester.

Bottom line: I did not know that jester is very improbable in this type of games. If, in fact, I accept that there isn't a jester, I am sold on Sammich being a scum.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:10 am

Post by XReyoX »

I also think that Lowell is very non-committal. Just showing up and say he's sticking with his vote seems like an attempt to prevent people from reading him. Not to say there wasn't much strong evidence behind it. Just 2 lines of reasons.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:15 am

Post by XReyoX »

Near wrote: I've already explained that I lied on purpose when I said Sammich passed my test. I lied because I wanted Sammich to think I don't suspect him anymore. Then I proceeded to ask him who he thinks are scums.
Wait, wait. Near, are you saying the whole "Test" we were talking about is a load of crap?! Why do you want him to think you didn't suspect him anymore?
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Near »

XreyOX wrote:Near:

Is there absolutely nothing you can talk about beside sammich? Your tunnel vision is starting to concern me.
I suspect Y above everyone else (other than Sammich). Call it OMGUS if you want. But he's trying to over-play the fact that my investigation produced no result so far. And he keeps downplaying the possibility of Sammich being the scum even when faced with evidence that 1) He lied about the dice 2) He keeps ignoring people's question 3) He has disappeared, period.

Let's suppose that I am a scum. After my post 328 and 330, people finally began to express their support for my dice investigation. Incognito has agreed that there might be something with this dice investigation. XreyoX said I explained well. Ripley continued to agree with me. gorckat admitted he is not sure he believes Sammich anymore. So why did I stop? If I were a scum, this would definitely look like a good chance to lynch Sammich? Assuming I am a scum, I can't think of a good reason to try to "release" Sammich from this lynch unless he was my scum buddy. (Can you think of other reasonable possibilities?) Then, you be the judge. Do you think I was trying to bus Sammich by pointing out this dice incident without intention of lynching Sammich? If I had the intention of lynching Sammich, did I all of the sudden change my mind to save him?

Ripley summarizes my situation and my last few posts pretty well:
Ripley wrote:I agree that the jester theory was weak but the whole thing came across to me as misguided rather than fabricated. If anything Near's failing has probably been in over-estimating. or misunderstanding Sammich and trying too hard to make his actions fit a rational scenario.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Near »

XReyoX wrote:
Near wrote: I've already explained that I lied on purpose when I said Sammich passed my test. I lied because I wanted Sammich to think I don't suspect him anymore. Then I proceeded to ask him who he thinks are scums.
Wait, wait. Near, are you saying the whole "Test" we were talking about is a load of crap?! Why do you want him to think you didn't suspect him anymore?
No. I think you are confusing the time I said "Sammich has passed my test" and my question to Sammich on who he thinks are mafia.

Thinking clearly, it didn't matter whether or not Sammich thought I suspected him or not. In fact, it might have worked better if Sammich indeed thought that I still suspected him. It was a spur of the moment thing. If you go back and re-read my posts at the time, you can probably see what I mean.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Incognito »

Ripley wrote:The stumbling block with this line of thought is always "but why would Sammich, if he was scum, have vouched for MP"? (assuming MP to be town) and this has been going round in my head for a while.
If Sammich is scum, I can actually think of at least two reasons he may have vouched for MP. 1) He had the potential to earn pro-town creds by claiming to be the same vanilla townie as Mafiaplayer at a time that a number of people seemed to be buying into Mafiaplayer's claim. 2) He could have also been trying to buddy up to Mafiaplayer (although with Mafiaplayer's playstyle, I don't know what buddying up with him could have accomplished).

I also agree with you about the unlikeliness of a Sammich/Near connection.

Welcome aboard, Mizzy. It should be interesting to see a new player's take on the game so far.

@Reyo:
Who are you currently most suspicious of? It seems like you're most suspicious of Sammich but you're still voting for Mafiaplayer/Mizzy.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Y »

Near wrote:I suspect Y above everyone else (other than Sammich). Call it OMGUS if you want. But he's trying to over-play the fact that my investigation produced no result so far. And he keeps downplaying the possibility of Sammich being the scum even when faced with evidence that 1) He lied about the dice 2) He keeps ignoring people's question 3) He has disappeared, period.
1. There is no evidence. If there is, I want to see it.
2. This is probably because of #3.
3. Disappearing has nothing to do with scum, but with people.

I was asked why don't I try other things than persecuting Sammich. I actually do.
1. I think Near is a very good option for a lynch.
2. I've commented about Lowell's inactivity more than once.

I have other theories, but I'd like to know Near's alignment first.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Near »

1. There is no evidence? So you still think Sammich actually rolled the dice? I summarized my reasons for doubting Sammich in post 328 and 330. If you disagree with me, please explain why.

2. Sammich has dodged people's questions even before he "disappeared". He refused to answer xreyox's question. He conveniently ignored my question on who he thinks are scums.

3. Yes this is possible.

Y, your strongest argument for lynching me is that I have been leading an investigation that lead no where. You posit that I am a scum trying to confuse town. You qualifyed my investigation from the start as useless, and still maintain that there is no evidence that Sammich lied.

I want you to respond to actual content of my investigation so far. That is, do you think it's possible that he remembered 11 names? Without writing down the names? All of which happened in 2 minutes? After 10 days later? Do you deny the similarities between his "list" and the order of people who posted here?
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:44 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Incognito wrote:
@Reyo:
Who are you currently most suspicious of? It seems like you're most suspicious of Sammich but you're still voting for Mafiaplayer/Mizzy.
unvote

Sammich's play is quite suspicious but not to the point where I'd want to lynch him now. I'm trying to read other people's posts at the moment, namely Y, Gorkcat, Lowell and Imat. I don't think Near is scum.

I'll try and post in details before the deadline.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:30 am

Post by XReyoX »

#5, Mafiaplayer
“I roleclaim vanilla townie…vote Avinashv”
Bizarre roleclaim. I don’t think this can confirm whether MP is mafia or not.

#10-11, Sammich
“I rolled a dice in real life…Vote Sammich”
Looks like a lie to me. Not a scumtell tho.

#16,#20, Mafiaplayer
MP voted for sammich and ignored incognito’s question (#13, Incognito)

#25, Jerubbaal
In response to MP’s claim,” …claiming this early is bad, because your job as a vanilla townie is to draw kills away from power roles…What's your rolename again?” …….Voted Lowell(based on metagaming)
I ruled out that MP and jerubbaal are a scumpair in this post, due to the asking of MP’s rolename. I think, if jerubbaal is scum and MP is his partner, he would set this up which can be a potential solid scumtell if MP gets it wrong. And judging on MP’s bizarre behaviour, this can result in a lynch easily and will be a loss on the scum side.

#35, Incognito
“I personally could see Newb scum attempting to role claim Vanilla right from the start.”
This is what I initially thought.

#37, Mafiaplayer
Ignoring my questions (#33) and Jerubbaal’s question (#25)

#41, Jerubbaal
Jerubbaal’s explanation for his metagaming vote seems fine to me as a reason for a vote at the random voting stage.

#45, Incognito
Incognito pointed out the crapness of Mafiaplayers theories about the claim. And I agree with them.

#46 #47, Mafiaplayer
“I didn't get a name.” “Vote:XreyOx. She just accidentally admitted Mafia.”
I don’t understand any of those. And Mafiaplayer was still ignoring other people’s questions. The same goes for #50

#54, Sammich
“I guess I can vouch for him because
I just got called a townie in my role pm.
It's been a while since I had a night start, I'm having fun”
OK this is where my first suspicion came from. First is for vouching Mafiaplayer. There is no reasons at all. Secondly, the italic part is just obviously a lie. The word “townie” shouldn’t appear in a vanilla’s PM. Third, I don’t see why a night start is so significant to vanilla.

#61, jerubbaal
“Imat is fearmongering like hell with his whole "Woe be to the town" post. And then he calms down pretty much immediately and goes all analytical, not seemingly worried anymore about the irreparable harm done to the town.”
I do agree with that tho its not a scumtell to me. But somehow I feel that Jerubbaal has come to conclusion that both sammich and Mafiaplayer are townie to quickly.

#63, jerubbaal
“Sammich wants to justify the other townie who has claimed without a specific rolename. If he was scum, I doubt he'd want to vouch for mafiaplayer.”
I do not agree with this one because what I believe is that if sammich is scum, then he would know that Mafiaplayer is town. Since MP is obviously playing badly, there is a potential that he will be lynched. By vouching for a town, he can put himself in a better position the next day if MP gets lynched.
#64, Lowell
“I dont' think claiming townie on D1 really matters. Let's all just chill out.”
Dampening discussion.

#70, Mafiaplayer
“It would appear that, quickly after replacing in, Y is ignoring some posts and focusing on others.”
Mafiaplayer is the one who is ignoring others. Still haven’t answer the questions addressed to him.

#71, Sammich
Dodging Y’s question “what makes you, as vanilla, able to vouch for a player?” by just answering about the timegap between his posts.
“Third, I don't know, I shortened it, use that as a tell as you want, I deleted my PMs 3 days ago.”
Seems like another lie to me (the deleting of his PM 3 days ago) and a bad excuse for not getting it right.

#82, Sammich
Still hasn’t responded to the questions from Y, Near or me, but went on attacking Imat?

#68, Imat“I got angry jerubaal, stupid plays like Townie claims serve to point out the Power Roles that much faster.”
#84, Imat“As to the "Getting angry" that you still believe Sammich, I explained it, very poorly I'll admit, but I wasn't angry. If every player continued claiming I would've been angry.”
So which one was it? Angry or not angry?

#90, Incognito
“Lowell, did you really fall for that?”
This trap/attack sounds weird. I took your post about telling Lowell to vote for Near instead of Y to be a side-hand comment. I feel like after you’ve seen Lowell changed his vote, you tried to make something out of it.

“@Near: You've now effectively posted a grand total of four times and in each and every one of your posts you've voted for someone different.”
I agree that it is not a very good behaviour in addition that his reason for voting Imat, in the hope that he will panic, is very off. But I don’t see a scummy intention behind this, especially Imat hasn’t got a wagon or anything and its quite early in the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”