Mini Normal 1980: TwoInAMillion - The First Game(Town Win!)

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:16 am

Post by Creature »

In post 25, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 23, skitter30 wrote:@Fl:

Yeah, as far as I know, the only games I've played with you were 1931 and 1940, and we were both scum.

Are you really trying to give me a townread for that reason? Cuz I'm quite sure you know that alignments don't work like that lol
It’s Day 1, page 1. Everyone starts as a town read for me.

Frogger is probably town.

VOTE: Frogger
Everybody starts as a proletarian ready to be exploited for me.
In post 26, Sephiroth wrote:So am I supposed to think you're scummy or are you 'gambiting' or something?
The former.
In post 27, Sephiroth wrote:because thats -1, just gonna throw that out there. Its page 2.
???
In post 28, Fro99er wrote:VOTE: Fro99er
Calm down, you'll receive your wagon soon.
In post 29, Sephiroth wrote:
You already did that silly.
Fluff.
In post 30, skitter30 wrote:a) If everyone starts off as town, why'd you feel the need to announce that you were giving me in particular a townread? And you said 'have a townread' That implies that your read on me changed.

b) You just put a dude that you say is probably town to L-1 on page 2 without announcing it.

p-edit: yeah that.

p-edit #2: what the hell.
Okay, keep your townread (even though your post is funny).
In post 31, Fro99er wrote:
In post 4, CultOfAthena wrote:Fro99er, skitter30 and Clusk92 – scumteam of people with numbers in their names? I think so.

VOTE: Fro99er
do you always project the way one person plays onto others?

If so, you'll be disappointed quite frequently in your mafia career.
In post 32, Fro99er wrote:god dammit wrong quote
*Vitas' 7th Element plays*
In post 33, Fro99er wrote:take 2
In post 7, UC Voyager wrote:last time someone asked people to sheep the person voting them, that player flipped scum.

VOTE: fro99er
do you always project the way one person plays onto others?

If so, you'll be disappointed quite frequently in your mafia career.
Wrong quote again?
In post 34, Fro99er wrote:
In post 29, Sephiroth wrote:
party pooper
I'm tired of quoting you.
In post 35, CultOfAthena wrote:VOTE: Fro99er
Fair.
In post 36, Fro99er wrote:
In post 35, CultOfAthena wrote:VOTE: Fro99er
Okay, that was funny.
In post 37, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 20, skitter30 wrote:Pocketed!

In all seriousness, it was actually quite subtle. I didn't catch on for like three days until the vanilla stuff and then I let you talk me out of it lol

Have you played with UCV before?
In post 16, Clusk92 wrote:VOTE: Flavor Leaf

This feels good
Why does this feel good?

Gut feeling at the time.

Then post #21 and #25 happened and now I'm not sure if he's scum or just a troll.
Not sure whether I should townread or scumread you now.
In post 38, Sephiroth wrote:I don't think hes trolling but I also don't think there's an acceptable reason to put someone at -1 when you think they're town. Maybe he is a jester, who the fuck knows.

unvote, vote: flavorleaf
Fine wagon.
In post 39, BigYoshiFan wrote:UNVOTE:
I just won't put any text below the above quote.
In post 40, CultOfAthena wrote:Ah, are we getting serious now? Here are some page one reads for you all:

FL doesn't cast a vote, which I always think is bad. Nobody takes him up on his bait / joke, except perhaps Clusk.

Frogger asks people to sheep his vote onto himself – I'm unfamiliar with him so I'm unsure of whether or not it's in his playstyle to do this as scum.

YoshiFan has an awkward initial post and also avoids voting on the Frogger wagon until later, not even joining any wagon initially. Doesn't seem to want to draw attention to himself – scumlean.

@Srceenplay, why did you quote UCV in ?

Clusk and skitter both avoid the Frogger wagon. Skitter's vote on the Sephiroth wagon seems to me to be a repeat of Lalendra's reasoning, which is odd.

Skitter also takes what seems to me to be an obvious joke in seriously. Skitter, did you think FL wasn't joking?
Okay, get your townread.
In post 41, Fro99er wrote:I just want to know why FL thinks I'm town
Maybe he still isn't being serious?
In post 42, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 38, Sephiroth wrote:I don't think hes trolling but I also don't think there's an acceptable reason to put someone at -1 when you think they're town. Maybe he is a jester, who the fuck knows.

Jesters are explicitly not allowed as part of the Normal guidelines.
Oh, don't say.
Ibid wrote:
Why unvote?
RVS exit statement.
In post 43, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 42, CultOfAthena wrote:
Why unvote?
This wagon isn't going anywhere. Why keep him at L-1?
lol
In post 44, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 26, Sephiroth wrote:So am I supposed to think you're scummy or are you 'gambiting' or something?

Seems extra, but may Sephiroth hasn't played in a while.
???
In post 45, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 43, BigYoshiFan wrote:This wagon isn't going anywhere. Why keep him at L-1?
Are you saying you think there's no chance that Frogger gets lynched today? If so, it's pretty early to be saying that, don't you think? If not, what are you saying?

An early L-1 is a great way to start the game off. It gets people talking, gets reactions going. Given that the L-1 was made explicitly clear, anyone who quickhammers would scumclaim. What's the downside?
Oh right, Frogger already got his wagon...
In post 46, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 40, CultOfAthena wrote:Srceenplay, why did you quote UCV in 14?
I was stealing his reasoning for voting the Frog.

Side note.
I don’t even think Frog sweated.
Was really hoping for Transcend to hammer that page one.
Town.
In post 47, skitter30 wrote:
In post 40, CultOfAthena wrote:Clusk and skitter both avoid the Frogger wagon. Skitter's vote on the Sephiroth wagon seems to me to be a repeat of Lalendra's reasoning, which is odd.

Skitter also takes what seems to me to be an obvious joke in 21 seriously. Skitter, did you think FL wasn't joking?
I just spent like a very frustrating week trying to figure out if Seph was scum in MYLO. It was the most recent game I'd played with anyone here (well, besides Lalendra, who was in that game).

I don't think RVS wagons are inherently interesting or meaningful by themselves. They become interesting when people ascribe meaning to them, like when someone casts a L-1 vote on page 2 without announcing it, or when someone starts attributing motivation to people's interactions with the wagon.

Yes, I knew he wasn't being serious, but the post felt artificial and so I asked him about it so that he would talk about it more.
I didn't read.
In post 48, Srceenplay wrote:VOTE: Sephiroth
This is probably better anyway
Huh whatever.
In post 49, Fro99er wrote:VOTE: skitter
Whatever.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Creature »

(I'm gonna admit I haven't learned anything about the quotes I did)
Sigh
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:57 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 126, Creature wrote:(I'm gonna admit I haven't learned anything about the quotes I did)
Is that an excuse to not be held accountable?
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Transcend »

why did you respond to every single post in the thread

creature
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Lalendra »

Especially when half of them were to say that RVS votes were forced...it's RVS, of course they are. smh
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:25 am

Post by Transcend »

Why is that the first thing you respond to
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

VOTE: Lalendra
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 117, skitter30 wrote:
In post 102, Sephiroth wrote:Really?

Obviously I'm not convinced that flavor is scum but I think it deserved a vote. L-1 on D1 is scummy, regardless of what is said after the fact, but why y'all acting like I'm sitting here calling flavor confscum?
Is this directed at me? Cuz if so, you're misrepping me; I never said you called him confscum, nor am I acting like you called him that.
Its directed at the wagon at large which got me to -2 based on poop nuggets.
In post 117, skitter30 wrote: I'm asking about your vote because the way you reacted to the L-1 is kinda similar to how you responded to Flubber last game, and I dunno; this feels low-hanging-fruit-y tbh.
This is how I like to play early D1, but I understand your concern since you've only see me play once and I was scum.
In post 117, skitter30 wrote: Especially with this since you're defending your FL vote, when a lot of interesting things have happened between now and then, but haven't really reacted to like any of them, except for a post Yoshi made about you. It's an easily defendable position for you to take (L-1 on someone you call town is bad!), but I don't see any obvious scum motivation for someone to do that either tbh. I have a feeling we might get into the 'but there isn't town motivation either' thing, and this is kinda why I feel like it's similar to how you reacted to Flubber.
I don't really find most things that happen in RVS that interesting or noteworthy. You want me to comment on whether Yoshi saying hi was awkward or not? I find something to push a little and I vote for it. Last game it was flubbers "not me" post and in this game its -1ing on someone you say is town. I guess all y'all know who boon is and that makes it okay for him but I have no clue.

In post 123, Stitch wrote:
In post 105, Sephiroth wrote:Explain how I'm flailing stitch?
You're focused entirely on your defense and nothing else.
I'm a defensive player for the most part, but feel free to scumread me for that. However its worth noting that what I'm defending is a vote I made on someone that I thought was scummy, and then was put at -2 for it. Being at -2 for no reason is a higher priority than attempting to fabricate an opinion that I don't have at this point in the game.

And thats not what flailing means, though, fyi.
In post 123, Stitch wrote:
In post 120, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 104, Stitch wrote:Putting someone at L-1 early can come from both alignments, it just comes down to how gutsy the voter is rather than individual playstyle.

I was fine with Seph initially but I don't like this flailing.
Just because I’m popular, you all don’t think I’m scummy? What is this madness? Scum is likely defending me somewhere.
I don't have a read on you yet. I pointed it out to Seph to try and get them to look in a different direction in hopes that they would produce something more telling. The fact that they ignored that part of my post and stayed on the defensive is something I really dislike.
Different direction? I'm the only one who called him scummy for this and voted him. What do you mean, trying to get me to look at something else? fucking LOL dude read the thread.

I don't like the way you joined my wagon at all. Tentatively over 3 posts coming around to thinking I'm scum only makes sense if theres a strong reason to think I'm scum. This 'oh well I gave him a chance to talk about other stuff' feels very contrived when my decision to defend myself makes perfect sense.

Like why do you think its important to jump on me for not engaging with the game when I've done far more to than either UC Voyager or Lalendra? It seems like youre deciding to join the wagon then finding the reason to scum read me rather than the other way around.

unvote, vote: stitch

Lalendra's activity doesn't seem AI to me based on the last game I played with her where she did the exact same thing as town.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 132, Sephiroth wrote:Lalendra's activity doesn't seem AI to me based on the last game I played with her where she did the exact same thing as town.
So with that information should it be AI. As town?
Unless you know they are scum this game and then it proves it’s NAI
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 132, Sephiroth wrote:Lalendra's activity doesn't seem AI to me based on the last game I played with her where she did the exact same thing as town.
and why do you say it's not AI for Lalendra?

If lalendra is town here maybe they only do it as town?

Or do you know lalendra is scum here?
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I guess all y'all know who boon is and that makes it okay for him but I have no clue
@Seph - I don’t understand why this relevant. That makes it okay? That makes what okay? I put Froggy to L-1, sure, but he very much had his own vote on himself, and anyone who would hammer would be putting a giant target on their back. Could a lynch have happened? Yes. Was it likely to? No, and you know what, it didn’t.

Also, i’m not playing anti town. It’s less than 10 pages into the game, and I feel like I’m developing reads on people just as everyone else is. So I don’t understand the comment of “that makes it okay” because I’m Boon. I always play to win. Always. If anything, I take that more seriously than most people, I’m just not afraid to take some losses on the way there to help me figure out the game.

It’s also a bit weird that you said this, meaning you think something is ‘not okay’ normally, then go on Lilo there.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Fro99er »

HAHA HOLY SHIT SCREEN

I didn't even get a pedit
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Lol
Sniped the Frog
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Fro99er »

ribbit
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Fro99er »

screen don't tell them we planned that in scum chat
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Fro99er »

OH SHiT
Heil King Froggo.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:36 am

Post by Creature »

I don't feel well to read after page 2.
Sigh
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 135, Flavor Leaf wrote:
I guess all y'all know who boon is and that makes it okay for him but I have no clue
@Seph - I don’t understand why this relevant. That makes it okay? That makes what okay? I put Froggy to L-1, sure, but he very much had his own vote on himself, and anyone who would hammer would be putting a giant target on their back. Could a lynch have happened? Yes. Was it likely to? No, and you know what, it didn’t.
Huh? I'm trying to explain why it seems like everyone else is overlooking the vote you made. I'm not saying I consider it okay, I'm saying that I guess thats why no one else is batting an eye, that everyone who knows you seems to think this is part of your meta. As for whether a quick lynch happens or not is fairly anecdotal. I've seen town quickhammer recently and in my last game scum quickhammered and guess what? We still won because the town couldnt overcome the lack of insight provided EVEN with lynching the quickhammerer. I refuse to just pretend this is not a scummy thing to do because 'hes boon' or whatever. Thats the whole point of the 'its okay' part.
In post 135, Flavor Leaf wrote: Also, i’m not playing anti town. It’s less than 10 pages into the game, and I feel like I’m developing reads on people just as everyone else is. So I don’t understand the comment of “that makes it okay” because I’m Boon. I always play to win. Always. If anything, I take that more seriously than most people, I’m just not afraid to take some losses on the way there to help me figure out the game.
Again, I'm saying that your meta seems to excuse this behavior. I think its antitown but you're welcome to disagree.[/quote]
In post 135, Flavor Leaf wrote: It’s also a bit weird that you said this, meaning you think something is ‘not okay’ normally, then go on Lilo there.
Yes, I think it is not okay normally and I feel like town is giving you a pass because they view it as your meta.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 142, Sephiroth wrote: Yes, I think it is not okay normally and I feel like town is giving you a pass because they view it as your meta.
which means scum is the one not giving him a pass...
Heil King Froggo.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Sephiroth »

To answer both people, I just think its something that she does at the beginning of games. I got her mislynched for it in our last game. I'm hesitant to give it much credence here. I guess everyone is just sitting here waiting to gang up on me huh?
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 143, Fro99er wrote:
In post 142, Sephiroth wrote: Yes, I think it is not okay normally and I feel like town is giving you a pass because they view it as your meta.
which means scum is the one not giving him a pass...
I was referring to the town at large? You guys are really bad at mafia =/
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Creature »

Who should we wagon?
Sigh
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Sephiroth »

stitch or UC Voyager.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Sephiroth »

or Clusk
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Fro99er »

VOTE: Seph

L
-

seph claim
Heil King Froggo.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”