Mini Normal 1980: TwoInAMillion - The First Game(Town Win!)

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:41 am

Post by Transcend »

Uhh
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:42 am

Post by Sephiroth »

I'm not really counting
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Sephiroth »

But you want to know, you can count. Other people in this game can do stuff, who'd have thunk it?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Transcend »

Your tone sucks
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:02 am

Post by Sephiroth »

Your reads suck
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

My hangover sucks.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:06 am

Post by Sephiroth »

Vacuums suck.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:29 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Clusk92 asked to be replaced. The game will continue while seeking replacement.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Fro99er »

Seph, done having a meltdown?

Will you wagon lalendra with me?
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:47 am

Post by Fro99er »

Here. Type in

“[“, “v”, “]”, “l”, “a”, “l”, “e”, “n”, “d”, “r”, “a”, “[“, “/“, “v”, “]”

Like this

VOTE: lalendra
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:46 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Wrangle is replacing Clusk92.
Wrangle
Wrangle
Townie
Wrangle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Wrangle »

Hi! Will read up and give thoughts soon.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Sephiroth »

unvote, vote: lalendra

I just bold my votes, I don't really use the [ v ] tag.
Wrangle
Wrangle
Townie
Wrangle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:08 am

Post by Wrangle »

In post 52, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 47, skitter30 wrote:I don't think RVS wagons are inherently interesting or meaningful by themselves. They become interesting when people ascribe meaning to them, like when someone casts a L-1 vote on page 2 without announcing it, or when someone starts attributing motivation to people's interactions with the wagon.
Really? I find that RVS is often the
best
place to try to catch scum out – they haven't had a chance to fully put their defenses up yet, and with little town content to go off of they'll usually fall back on certain easy to find principles: don't stand out, try to distance yourself from buddies, look for any easy targets to jump on, et cetera.

What's "interesting" about attributing motivation to people's interactions with the wagon?

@Cult of athena: Would you mind showing me a game you've caught scum in RVS?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:22 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 323, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think coa is scum, I’m in a fireplace right now. But yeah, coa is scum. If i wrong I’ll eat my pants.
Why?

Also, I'd appreciate if you would respond to my questions again when you're less drunk.
In post 332, Stitch wrote: This reaction doesn't look real to me.

too lazy to quote this again but I agree with Athena's posts not having a lot of purpose. There's stuff like "I think Frogger is town as well, but the self-wagon is a poor reason to think so." that has no reason to be there, it's not like she's trying to start a conversation with it so its pretty weird.

VOTE: CultofAthena

I still want Seph to respond to the above. I think the skitters case has good intentions behind it but I still think she's town from how she handled them. After someone points out your meta you're likely to unintentionally change your posts a bit to match what they've said. skitters isn't doing that.
What about what you quoted has no purpose? I was stating my read on Frogger as well as saying that the self-wagon is a lazy reason to townread someone. I probably could have elabroated more, but trying to say that there's no purpose there is just flat-out wrong.

Nice scummy hop-on, by the way. All you've done this game is hop on consensus wagons and do some low-effort "pressuring" of whoever's under fire at the time.
Wrangle
Wrangle
Townie
Wrangle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:27 am

Post by Wrangle »

Up to page 8:

Town: Sephiroth, CultofAthena, Fr0gger

Lean town: BigYoshiFan, Screenplay, Flavor Leaf

Null: Transcend, Creature, Lalendra, UC Voyager
Lean Scum: Skitter30, Stitch
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:29 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 362, Sephiroth wrote:

Weren't you saying that you didn't think Lalendra's activity was AI earlier? Why are you voting a lurker instead of one of your scumreads?

@Wrangle, here's me calling out bad townreads on scum in my second post in a game:
In post 49, CultOfAthena wrote:I'm not a fan of the cy townreads at all. It doesn't take a townie to point out logical fallacies. Trying to turn a game of mafia into debate club is actually a scumread for me - scum's knowledge of the game won't affect their posting at all if all they're doing is arguing logic or theory.

Impede, zaraki, LG, mind explaining what makes cy town in your eyes?
Wrangle
Wrangle
Townie
Wrangle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:33 am

Post by Wrangle »

In post 366, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 362, Sephiroth wrote:

Weren't you saying that you didn't think Lalendra's activity was AI earlier? Why are you voting a lurker instead of one of your scumreads?

@Wrangle, here's me calling out bad townreads on scum in my second post in a game:
In post 49, CultOfAthena wrote:I'm not a fan of the cy townreads at all. It doesn't take a townie to point out logical fallacies. Trying to turn a game of mafia into debate club is actually a scumread for me - scum's knowledge of the game won't affect their posting at all if all they're doing is arguing logic or theory.

Impede, zaraki, LG, mind explaining what makes cy town in your eyes?
Thank you. I wanted to make sure that you weren't just completely making it up as an excuse to vote people, as I've seen scum do that before. For what it's worth, as of page 8 I've found that I can follow your logic in almost all of your posts and that your instincts are very towny, as well as your tone. Some of the substance you are using to scumread people I disagree with, like saying that BigYoshiFan was trying to blend in with a "hi", but I don't think it's neccecarily mafia indicative.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:37 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

Man, is it something about the way I type?

The "Hi" itself was never a big deal. It's the fact that he seemingly lied about it.
Wrangle
Wrangle
Townie
Wrangle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:54 am

Post by Wrangle »

My reads right now:

Town: Sephiroth, CultOfAthena, Fro99er
Lean town: Flavor Leaf, Screenplay, Creature
Null: BigYoshiFan, Lelandra, UC Voyager
Lean scum: Stitch, Transcend, Skitter30
Wrangle
Wrangle
Townie
Wrangle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Wrangle »

I'll start off with the easiest ones.

Lalendra has posted four times, each time with a comment that can't be really read into. There is no way to get a read on them, so they are null. I might go and search for some completed games by them if I have some time to see if they are generally inactive, but if I can't then they will remain null until they post more or get a substitution. If any of you guys have any meta or games you could link on them, I would really appreciate it.

UC Voyager also has 3 posts that are impossible to get a read on, so the same thing goes for them.

If anybody has meta on the mod to see if they tend to substitute very low posters like this, I would appreciate it. If the mod will neglect the game and let them be inactive for the entire game, then we might be forced to get rid of them as they will always be in the possible lynches that we do. I'm a heavy proponent of policy lynching lurkers day 1, especially because town generally has a below average chance to actually hit scum in day 1 and the chance of hitting scum increases for every day thereafter.
Wrangle
Wrangle
Townie
Wrangle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:58 am

Post by Wrangle »

Big Yoshi Fan:

I fell in love with this slot early game because of what I perceived to be very towny tone- not anything quantitative, but just a ~feel~ that made me think they were town. If they followed up with some good content, I was prepared to give them a hard town read. There are some things I like about the slot besides good reactions and tone. I think it's towny to point out something like he did in that they COULD have pushed as being scum indicative or anti-town but instead not even press them at all. I think as scum they may have pushed them on it. I also think they have good consistency and logic with all of their reads thus far, as lacking as they may be. However, there are some things about this slot that makes me hesitate to give them a scum lean. Their vote on Seph came very early in the game, and they have vote parked them all game. I personally think Seph is extremely towny (and will go into this later), but the fact that they are so hesitant to change their vote (lack of read fluidity) as well as the fact I think their vote is on a townsperson pings scum to me. I also dislike how they have a lot of fluff and lack of game solving, and are really only focused on a few slots. I don't expect a lot, and I know town can do this too, but it's also something, especially the narrow focus, that can be scum indicative. I also think that while their logic may be sound, their pushes in general are very shallow.

Overall, the town and scum parts of this ISO cancel out and I'm comortable giving them a null lean with perhaps the null being closer to town than closer to scum. If I had to guess, I would say this is a town slot.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Mods first game
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Transcend »

Oh and also I'm a miller
Wrangle
Wrangle
Townie
Wrangle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Wrangle »

Cult of Athena:

This is a type of person who I am pretty confident is a townsperson with a relatively scummy "style." By style, I mean they ask a lot of questions, including some that that I or others might not perceive to be very relevant. However, I've seen town and scum alike take on this style, and I've been burned too many times in the past from scumread people for irrelevant questions. I don't think this should be taken into consideration. So, I tried to focus on the other parts of their ISO to form a read.

As alluded to before, I'm not a fan of them jumping on Yoshi, but I can see their thought process about blending in and about lying about it. I don't neccecarily agree, but I can see where they are coming from. This is a consistent pattern throughout all their thoughts- they flow really well and you can really see their thought process between all of them. I'm loving the fact they are so "out there" and not afraid to draw attention to themselves. These types of players are much, much more likely to be town, although I know of scum players that like to do it. It just takes a lot of skill. The type of scum players that would do this are the type of people that would find better things to harp on than the fact he said "hi" on page one. Besides being out there, they really want to push their scumreads. Again, not a town-only process, but more likely to be town or high level scum. The logic in all their pushes hold, which is significant, even the ones I think are reaches, like the Yoshi one.

Their tone is absolutely incredible, with flowing posts combined with a snarkiness (this is incredibly important) that I find in town much more often than scum. I also love their reactions, which are hard to fake as scum and are really towny. In particular, I liked how they noticed someone was only pushing low posters and how they are paying attention to time stamps in order to catch someone in . showed good ones too.

Also, in terms of individual posts, I love the non-manipulative self meta in .
The one thing I dislike about the slot is the lack of reads progression- the fact that they are still harping on voting Yoshi after this entire time is slightly alarming.

Overall, a strong town read.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”