Mini Normal 1980: TwoInAMillion - The First Game(Town Win!)

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

VOTE: Stitch
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1024, Sephiroth wrote:You seem to be really nitpicky this game. Focused on very small details that in the grand scheme of thing don't seem particularly relevant. Are you always this way?
I’m always me.
I look for little things that don’t feel right to me. Especially early like this.
I’m a gut tone read type of player. When I get a feeling like that I try to find out why. The hard part is trying to convey it with out sounding like an idiot. That hardly ever works.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1017, Srceenplay wrote:Your apprehension disappears fast when you can jump behind someone else leading the way.
I mean ... I said that no matter what I did I felt like I was set up to get scumread for it, and the fact that he was baiting me was making me not want to do it. But yeah, you're right. Didn't see the point in voting FL earlier because I didn't think it was viable. It became viable.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1003, Sephiroth wrote:And I'm sorry, I don't think you're too good at being scum to fuck up.

I went two and a half years with only being lynched once as town day 4 in a 1v2 with the scum team, and had a 2 and a half year scum win streak. I’m on like a 5 game scum win streak now.

Multiple scum are on my wagon.

Stitch and then one of Seph/Skitter. I don’t think Seph/Skitter are both scum.

Stitch is lock scum in my eyes for this epic chainsaw.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’ll be conf town in a day or two anyways.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

I'm too lazy to edit this down so y'all are getting some word vomit. I've spoiler'd it so its not a huge eyesore (thanks to skitter for inspiring me). I will acknowledge that some of my reads changed drastically but that will happen when you switch from reads on vibe to actually reading the thread over again.

Spoiler:
Flavor Leaf:
My town read was formulated based on the immediate aftermath of placing the -1 and acknowledging that my vote was fine, which gave me a sense of the purpose behind the -1 being a good one. I also felt a good vibe at the end of our exchange though I think the quick lynch > 100 page D1 is a weird thing to say. I also like that he acknowledges the self-meta on frogger as questionabl, even though he takes the opposite view on the claim at the end of the post. I found their flippant treatment of the game to actually be a town tell, but its evaporated as they've continued to harp on this narrative that makes no sense about me. And theres also the whole thing where they said that if they were scum they'd be running the game and are kind of sort of trying to run the game with that color wheel post. Theres also 565 was an overexplanation and a bit of a non answer to the question of the mulch read. I also think its bullshit in 750 when he says theres no reason for me to ask the question about people pleasing. The whole reason to ask was that I didn't think I had a good answer as it pertains to mafia. Wouldn't it make sense if I was a people pleaser that I would make up something for him?

Lalendra:
I don't really know if this is her scum game or her town game, but I do know that this behavior is exhibited in her town game and therefore don't think her posting or reads are particularly damning. Like Skitters I would probably vote her at deadline but I think we can do better.

COA/UZI:
Not much to say about this slot at the moment. I'll wait for Uzi to get fully established in this game. I didn't feel particularly strongly about COA to begin with.

Skitter:
I don't like 100 from skitter because of the similarity of my opening in this game to my opening in 1963. I feel like skitter knows that I don't think its a strong scum tell and that I just thought it was good for my first non random vote. I get this kind of feeling of putting on how they're handling me, rather than it feeling natural, which continues into 117. It also feels pretty non-committal...at no point does Skitter say whetherh she things that my posting is scummy or not. This all makes me feel uneasy about skitter but their more recent posts read more like her town play. I also think its valid to point out that she is playing a lot more reactively than proactively (especially wrt her recent posts). I'm pretty wary of her but I don't feel strongly enough to consider her a good lynch today. Also think the exchange with FL makes sense from her town perspective given everything I know about her.

BigYoshiFan:
I don't have too much to say about yoshi other than feeling like it was weird that they jumped on my 1v1 with mulch. I don't see why a town player feels the need to inject themselves there rather than let that play out. Otherwise they seem pretty townie.

Fro99er:
As I've already stated I don't like that he asks for a claim for basically no reason. Maybe this is his meta but I also don't really completely trust when someone self-metas. So yeah I dunno. I don't see how a protown player wants a player that is almost definitely not being lynched to claim. Ideally only the person who is lynched should have to claim D1. Nothing protown about making that a larger number. I also don't like the fact that he questioned me on my screenplay read (pretty aggressively) after I had just posted not once, but twice about how I was planning to articulate all my reads later in the day. It seems unnecessarily aggressive and just unusual the way he pushes me here to give him a read immediately. Its like he just wants me to post and give him something to pounce on immediately. Theres also the fact that he claims srceen is his hardest TR in 801 but then when pressed for reasons he provides very stock town posts and says "its good enough for now" in 808 and 846. That feels a hell of a lot different than 'my hardest townread'. Just rubs me the wrong way how quickly he backs away from him being the most town player in the game.Without getting into the weeds again, I think telling me gfy after calling me toxic (for saying I didn't think someone was good at scumhunting) is fairly hypocritical and I don't know how I feel about it. Finally I don't like the way they're pushing lalendra and acknowledging the meta argument from me and skit without making an effort to actually look into it themselves. THem pushing lalendra feels hella similar to me pushing her mislynch in 1963.

Stitch:
Stitch really forces the attack on me which is what I thought was scummy. Saying that I was flailing in 104 is a misrep, and I consider asking for clarification to be a completely reasonable response. But 123 is the real killer for me. After I ask him this question he basically says that I'm scum for only defending myself. Really? Did you expect me to just not comment on the fact you said I was flailing? I can't see this being a real thing that a townie thinks 'hmm hes only defending myself, I'll say hes flailing and if he defends himself then hes scum!". Its just setting himself up to have an excuse to put me at -2. The real kicker is the last bit of the post when he claims he tried to bring attention to the -1 vote as a way to get me to do something other than defending myself. The irony here is that the whole reason I'm defending myself is FOR voting FL for his -1. For someone who claims to have been paying close attention to what I'm posting, he seems to know very little about what I've been focusing on. In 330/331 they rejoin the thread by apparently not understanding my very clear point that they were trying to push me to something I was already attacking. I really don't buy that Stitch just didn't understand my point. Then he proceeds to pretty much ignore ten pages of game and find one thing from COA to tunnel on. Then I think posts 488 and 634 about avoiding the thread are like really bad and active lurky. Thats kind of been their MO all game, pop in and vote someone for some random thing and then disappear for 300 posts without really engaging with the meat of whats happening in the game. Recently I've been less concerned with their posts but I don't think they've done anything to reverse my feelings from the beginning of the day either.

Srceenplay:
I mostly had no problem with screens posting early but I don't like the stretch immediately after I posted my reads list. To me, 711 doesn't really feel genuine. I don't have any meta for transcendence so I don't see why calling her scum for her play and then asking her to give me reads is possibly 'fake and shallow'. What specifically makes it fake and shallow and not attempting to get transcend to provide more information? And as much as you thought they wouldnt show, they did and posted what I asked for. So this is just really weird. The subsequent posts get worse, as yoshi provides very legitimate explanations for how my reads were (ones that were clearly evident if you read the thread) and he just is basically like nah thats not genuine. WHY. Asking for a claim early D1 is extremely anti-town, and I don't understand how its throwing shade to point out that scum benefits from more roles in the open N1 and town does not. This line of reasoning just screams to me that he wasn't expecting yoshi to rebut his points and hes stubbornly sticking to his guns because he doesnt have a graceful backtrack here. Like I totally get it if you dont think the claim request was scummy but to think it isn't genuine for another player to think its scummy is nonsensical. p-edit: I think screens explanation of their style helps me see their posting from a potentially town light, even if I think they're completely off base in their understanding of my feelings about prematurely asking for claims.

Clusk/Mulch/Wrangler:
What to say about Mulch here? I don't think their blowup or their entrance to the game feel at all similar to 1963 (where he was town) but he was also playing as an alt. I don't like that he lied about his meta as he did though i'll acknowledge that being an alt in that position is awkward to navigate.

Transcendence:
I thought they were scum up until they posted that thing with the votecount where they went through all the people that was kinda cool. Not familiar with her meta so if anyone wants to explain what they think about how it relates to her meta it'd be appreciated. The miller claim is questionable but hey, I said I loved flavor when I was drunk so I'm willing to let that go.

Creature
: Feels town. Might have pocketed me. Mainly has reasonable take on me and people voting me. Maybe scum WKing. Someone explain whats so absurd about townreading him? Not gonna vote them today I don't think unless someone presents a compelling reason to.

UCV:
I don't like how he pops in twice to not engage with the game at all. after reading a few of his games briefly I don't feel particularly illuminated but it is troublesome that he still hasnt really posted anything game related of note. Maybe theyre very busy?

Updated:

Town pile
: YoshiFan Creature (in that order)
Town lean pile
: Uzi Skitter Screenplay (not in order)
Scum lean pile
: Mulch UCV Lalendra Transcend (not in order)
Scum pile:
FlavorLeaf Fro99er Stitch (in that order)
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Got it. Seph is the one chainsaw defending his buddy, and Skitter is just being ignorant.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

The closer your back gets to the wall the less rational you become.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

I can relate.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

But you're still scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1032, Sephiroth wrote:The closer your back gets to the wall the less rational you become.
Yeah, my town game I flail like no other when I’m up against a wall.

My scum game I bs my way out of it, 100% of the time.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

This is 100% my town game.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Like I said, I’ll be conf town in a day or two. And now they’re gonna push me harder so that doesn’t happen.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Start calling me MothafuckinConfTownBoon.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

Can you articulate more specifically the difference between bsing your way out of it and flailing? I consider your attempt to backup your read on me as a people pleaser as much closer to bullshit than flailing if I'm being completely honest.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Or you may call me Emperor. Your Highness also works. Emperor will now start referring to Boon in the third person.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

Like you still haven't backed it up. That whole crusade was entirely bullshit. Seems like your scum game to me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1039, Sephiroth wrote:Can you articulate more specifically the difference between bsing your way out of it and flailing? I consider your attempt to backup your read on me as a people pleaser as much closer to bullshit than flailing if I'm being completely honest.
Yes. My bs’ing is so incredibly thought out, and uses my vast knowledge of setup speculation and WIFOM. My flailing has no point and is mainly me just being pissed off at ignorant people.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1041, Sephiroth wrote:Like you still haven't backed it up. That whole crusade was entirely bullshit. Seems like your scum game to me.
Seems like my scum game?

Okay. Point out a scum game of mine like this.

I can point out my town games that are like this, if you’d like.

Let’s see which one of us have more.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1041, Sephiroth wrote:Like you still haven't backed it up. That whole crusade was entirely bullshit. Seems like your scum game to me.
You’ve never seen me as scum, so that’s why this is crap.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

You don't think your color wheel post seems like carefully constructed bullshit? Huh.

p-edit: I was responding to your own description of your scum game as being bullshit. This seems like bullshit. So it seems like your scum game. Or was that just bullshit too?
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

Don't tell me what your scum game is and then be upset when I say you're playing that way this game lol
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

ScumBoon would be setting up WIFOM all over the place that would guarantee a scum victory by now.

Lynching ScumBoon in general usually guarantees a scum victory. Mislynching TownBoon early is actually not a bad scum play.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1030, Sephiroth wrote:Maybe this is his meta but I also don't really completely trust when someone self-metas.
oh man you don't know me then.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1045, Sephiroth wrote:You don't think your color wheel post seems like carefully constructed bullshit? Huh.

p-edit: I was responding to your own description of your scum game as being bullshit. This seems like bullshit. So it seems like your scum game. Or was that just bullshit too?
You said my narrative wasn’t clear, so this contradicts your earlier point.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”