momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 am

Post by momo »

In post 399, JaydragonKing wrote:I read Creature as scum. He jumped on. If I'm getting damned because a different scum read jumped on my vote, I'm just unlucky. And Mason's can't even be here, Momo. This is an open. We know the possible roles in the wiki page. Anyone who claims Mason's are instantly scum.
That's the reason I asked if you were masons...it would have confirmed my reads.

Still, in the time that it took you to reply, I was tracking your online status and ALL your posts...you had a shortish gap in which you weren't doing anything though which could have been synonymous with you checking the wiki page (another test by me)

And it's not unlucky, the jump by him would have been a very classic n00b scum move, and it has damned you both.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Mathdino »

So momo just rocketed to the top of my town list.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:35 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

I'll have you know I was thinking of a response in a different game on site as well as putting on a music video on YouTube that I like listening too while I type.

And yeah, I keep the wiki open in an alt tab at all times to catch liars if they claim a bullshit role. No hiding that. I won't say I didn't check the wiki to be sure of no Mason because that would be a lie.

Anything Elsa?
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:41 am

Post by momo »

In post 402, JaydragonKing wrote:I'll have you know I was thinking of a response in a different game on site as well as putting on a music video on YouTube that I like listening too while I type.

And yeah, I keep the wiki open in an alt tab at all times to catch liars if they claim a bullshit role. No hiding that. I won't say I didn't check the wiki to be sure of no Mason because that would be a lie.

Anything Elsa?
The fact that you checked the wiki...you should have immediately denied the claim because you know your role. And I highly doubt you always keep the wiki open for a circumstance like this, especially in D1 when hardly anyone claims. When I asked if you were mason, are you telling me that town's first reaction would be to check if there was a mason in this setup? B.S.!

So you have been caught lying twice in one post. Tell me class, which faction lies when questioned, scum or town?

(P.S. I totally one-upped the class analogy with this post..Score!)
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 403, momo wrote:Tell me class, which faction lies when questioned, scum or town?
I do have an objective problem with scumhunting in this way. My experience is that town usually fumbles more when questioned.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:47 am

Post by momo »

In post 404, Mathdino wrote:
In post 403, momo wrote:Tell me class, which faction lies when questioned, scum or town?
I do have an objective problem with scumhunting in this way. My experience is that town usually fumbles more when questioned.
Maybe they fumble but I think getting caught in two OUTRIGHT lies is pretty scummy. My sentence at the end was probably too general but that was mainly added for the class analogy. However, in this situation, while considering the context, I would say that the lie is scummy. Would you disagree?
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:49 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

That was my first reaction to check the wiki because I'm playing three separate games at once with completely different settings. I do it as a reminder that I am also putting an effort in this game, and to not fuck up by forgetting to see if a role is even possible.

I didn't lie, because that would mean I wouldn't have mentioned checking the wiki in the first place. I'm already suspect, so lying would only hurt me more.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Impede »

In post 392, Mathdino wrote:
In post 390, UnaBombaH wrote:I'll offer a deal to all the townies around after I've had a good night sleep..there is a lynch we can pull off today, and not likely later!
I'm beginning to think you're being cryptic because you know people will townread you for it (like me). That's really the only benefit of doing this, and I honestly think the drawbacks of slowing the game down outweigh the gains.

Is it momo?
wtf its not momo. It's A50. He's not being cryptic anymore.
Town: 5-1 | Scum: 0-1
Permanently on a mental V/LA
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:13 am

Post by momo »

In post 407, Impede wrote:
In post 392, Mathdino wrote:
In post 390, UnaBombaH wrote:I'll offer a deal to all the townies around after I've had a good night sleep..there is a lynch we can pull off today, and not likely later!
I'm beginning to think you're being cryptic because you know people will townread you for it (like me). That's really the only benefit of doing this, and I honestly think the drawbacks of slowing the game down outweigh the gains.

Is it momo?
wtf its not momo. It's A50. He's not being cryptic anymore.
Either way, there are way better lynch prospects than A50, that's not going down
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Impede »

In post 401, Mathdino wrote:So momo just rocketed to the top of my town list.
ding ding ding
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Impede »

In post 403, momo wrote:
In post 402, JaydragonKing wrote:I'll have you know I was thinking of a response in a different game on site as well as putting on a music video on YouTube that I like listening too while I type.

Anything Elsa?
The fact that you checked the wiki...you should have immediately denied the claim because you know your role. And I highly doubt you always keep the wiki open for a circumstance like this, especially in D1 when hardly anyone claims. When I asked if you were mason, are you telling me that town's first reaction would be to check if there was a mason in this setup? B.S.!

So you have been caught lying twice in one post. Tell me class, which faction lies when questioned, scum or town?

Hooooo...... wow. I am going to reread this like 30 times and then decide if momo just tricked scum into scumslipping successfully.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Mathdino »

That makes no sense for him to say A50. A50 is literally the guy that I'm saying "I'm not willing to lynch him today, but depending on the flip I'll be much more interested in lynching him tomorrow".

What would make him think we can't get a lynch on A50 later on?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Impede »

OH fair. Unless he thinks he can lynch A50 without you.

Regarding Momo vs Jay: I think if someone accused VT!Impede of being a mason I would check the wiki too. Sorry, but I don't think your little trick did anything but conftown you.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Mathdino »

The hilarious thing is I honest to god thought masons were possible in this setup until Jay said that. I think I even suggested masons as a possibility earlier O_O

I'm unconvinced on this specific issue. Like I'm totally down for the Jay lynch but I don't think "Jay checks the wiki page" is really the keystone of the Jaycase, or some kind of smoking gun. Scumslips don't really look like this.

Edit: fuck you for ninjaing my exact thoughts
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:22 am

Post by momo »

In post 410, Impede wrote:
In post 403, momo wrote:

Anything Elsa?

PEDIT: I am def not lynching Jay on the wiki thing alone...However, I feel like it's just one more reason on a long list

Hooooo...... wow. I am going to reread this like 30 times and then decide if momo just tricked scum into scumslipping successfully.
This right here makes me wonder if I should retire from mafia and quit while I'm ahead. After this game ends, be prepared for a revamped sig.
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Impede »

In post 182, Almost50 wrote:If I were the hider, I would hide behind Creature.
You scumread Creature at this point A50? Is that why you chose him as your target?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 396, momo wrote:3. As you mentioned, you have not had any communication. Yet both of you tried to start a wagon together that clearly didn't have any traction going for it yet. For this to happen in between 2 town, or 1 town/1 scum, there would need to be some sort of communication. Yet here you are, working together without communication. This means that you know something the rest of us do not. More specifically, you know something that ties the two of you together that town does not. This means that you are either masons or mafia. Are you claiming masons? Because if you are not masons, you are noob scum who finds your buddy in a spot defending each other and getting caught by me.
So which is it, masons or scum?
Yeah the way this was phrased would definitely lead me to check the setup just to discredit the person pushing me. I'd be like "Okay, you're just stupid, because (*checks wiki*) I definitely can't be masons with him, so the connection you're seeing isn't even possible".

Still good with a Jaydragonwagon if/when the utility of the RedFlavor wagon runs dry.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Impede »

In post 414, momo wrote:This right here makes me wonder if I should retire from mafia and quit while I'm ahead. After this game ends, be prepared for a revamped sig.
It was cool, but it didn't really do that much except cause me to make a mental note to never townread you for this type of thing ever again.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:33 am

Post by momo »

In post 417, Impede wrote:
In post 414, momo wrote:This right here makes me wonder if I should retire from mafia and quit while I'm ahead. After this game ends, be prepared for a revamped sig.
It was cool, but it didn't really do that much except cause me to make a mental note to never townread you for this type of thing ever again.
Impede let me have my moment. For good players its normal. For the most mislynchable player on ms.net it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

(BTW my overreaction is a joke...still I write it with a smile on my face)
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Mathdino »

I feel like a damn hypocrite for thinking this, because Impede is reacting almost exactly the same way I am, but if Jay flips scum, I'd be more than willing to check out Impede for scum.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:40 am

Post by momo »

In post 419, Mathdino wrote:I feel like a damn hypocrite for thinking this, because Impede is reacting almost exactly the same way I am, but if Jay flips scum, I'd be more than willing to check out Impede for scum.
Why?...the only possible reason I could see is that he is posting things similar to you while declaring me town (both widely townread players) [AKA buddying] but that logic makes NO sense. A.) townreading both of us is the logical perspective while still keeping my ego in check because it is annoying and B.) He is posting before you

So what's your reasoning?

(I am actually really enjoying this game.)
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:41 am

Post by momo »

Like this is the most I have ever enjoyed mafia
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Mathdino »

A really good reaction, when you're scum, to townies being onto something, is to dole out a townread so they don't get on your ass, but quietly not actually do anything about it, or discredit the logic. The Impede/Jay case would be that Impede is on the wagon as the token softbus but doesn't necessarily intend or think Jay will be the endgame D1 lynch.

Obviously I feel mad hypocritical because sometimes in following my heart in mafia I do things that I would totally find scummy if I didn't already know my alignment. Or scummy in association to other players. Like I already knew about the me/A50 fencesitting beforehand, but I can't really change what I believe, so whatever.

So the way Impede is reacting to this makes me think scum with Jay, even though I'm reacting the same way.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 am

Post by momo »

In post 422, Mathdino wrote:A really good reaction, when you're scum, to townies being onto something, is to dole out a townread so they don't get on your ass, but quietly not actually do anything about it, or discredit the logic.
Maybe......

A few flaws with your logic.

1. When a townie is on to something, I think everybody's reaction is to townread.
2. Impede's join date is October 27th. He has never played as scum...what are the chances of him pulling of something like this. (No offense Impede).
3. And he isn't doing nothing; Imepede's vote IS on jay...so he is supporting his lynch.
4. Also, reading his iso, he has genuinely scumhunted with quotes and long posts synthesizing and analyzing evidence.

In fact, after reading that iso and writing this post, Town Lean Impede!
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

Are you asking in general or are you asking about ME? :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Open Games”