Micro 768: Geriatric Grey Flag Nightless - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Korts »

In post 85, Keychain wrote:Mostly what I find kind of funny is that you're so upset about me "dancing around" a scumread on you without sealing it with a vote but you're equally dancing around one on me.
I see later on that insanity has also noticed this comment from Keychain. It is indeed a good point.

Jingle, why haven't you voted Keychain?
In post 89, Jingle wrote:Ari is caught scum. I'm going to be the vengekill, because bussing in this setup is insane and thus I'm obviously town. I do NOT want a hammer on him until I've had time to pursue and expound upon my other reads, because I believe I have solved this game. If I have, I feel I must admit I'm very disappointed, given how much I've been looking forward to playing with some of you. Still, needs must and winning a game is enough of a consolation prize that I will have to content myself with it.
What?

Why are you under the impression that anyone would hammer Ari here? Nobody is voting him. Not even you are. I don't even understand how you think he's caught.

I am tired of your reaction baiting bullshit. Make your case if you have one. Is it just that Aristo's meta is not consistent over time and place? I mean, Jesus. There comes a point where you have to stop reading other games and play the one in front of you.
scumchat never die
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by insanity018 »

There's not much happening except Jingle being obstructive. I hope people will be coming back from New Year's holidays soon.

@Korts, thanks for explaining the Luca posts more.
In post 93, Aristophanes wrote:Do I actually syill havs a Reck vote ? Lmfao
UNVOTE:

I like you insanity. Jingle feels like scum pushing a narratinmve tbh.

I dont lime their conclusions. They feel xoncenuevt.
Why aren't you voting Jingle then?

Also, what do you think of CultofAthena?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Hey guys bit of a prod dodge-y post but I will be here this weekend. I've been kinda skimming things but haven't done any full reading. Happy New Year to all of you, and take care.
don't you feel silly now?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Post by Jingle »

Spoiler: Responses
In post 101, insanity018 wrote:There's not much happening except Jingle being obstructive. I hope people will be coming back from New Year's holidays soon.
:neutral:

First, not being open with my reads isn't necessarily the same as being obstructive. I've been doing the former. I've been actively avoiding the latter. I definitely echo the latter sentiment though.
In post 100, Korts wrote:I see later on that insanity has also noticed this comment from Keychain. It is indeed a good point.

Jingle, why haven't you voted Keychain?
Because she is neither my primary suspect for scum nor the person I think needs the most pressure to post at the moment. I would like to point out that I'm also not spending all of my time talking about her, so...
In post 100, Korts wrote:What?

Why are you under the impression that anyone would hammer Ari here? Nobody is voting him. Not even you are. I don't even understand how you think he's caught.

I am tired of your reaction baiting bullshit. Make your case if you have one. Is it just that Aristo's meta is not consistent over time and place? I mean, Jesus. There comes a point where you have to stop reading other games and play the one in front of you.
I was under the impression that the case was fairly self evident, but given both yours and insanity's responses that may be hoping too much.

Spoiler: Aristophanes Case
The first post of any real significance of Ari's is also when he responds to Luca in . Prior to that point he hands out easy townreads for 'having similar thoughtprocesses to him' to people who express their thoughts first or don't actually agree with him but rather question him, showing a very surface level approach to the game at best and outright buddying at worst. Seriously, read 48's response to insanity, and tell me that's not manipulative bullshit. It's very much trying to look like he's doing something, very little actually doing something.
In post 48, Aristophanes wrote:I didn't move my vote because IIRC that would have been L-1 and it was far too early for that. I don't think anyone here would lolhammer but I also didn't feel it was egregious enough to warrant that so early in the game.
This, however, was enough to pique interest. First, Ari is experienced enough to know that voting, especially in this style of game where the relational tells and VCA are far more important than other other aspects of scumhunting is incredibly protown, but he's not doing it. He acknowledges that he is aware we don't really have to worry about lolhammer troll players as much in a geriatric game, meaning he shouldn't be concerned with L-1 at all. And still, while doing this, he continues to waffle on exactly everything. He's expressed just the one scumread, on me, but still waffles about how he feels about me :
In post 48, Aristophanes wrote:28-30 I am tor on and will go back to look at later. I don't dislike them on a surface level but something is keeping me from calling them towny and i'm not sure what it is atm.
In post 60, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 58, Jingle wrote:Ari, on the other hand said much the same thing, once, earlier. Additionally, he didn't just get done playing with me in a game where I'm fairly certain that I mentioned one of my goals starting out most games is to hit L-1 early regardless of Role PM because I find it easier as both alignments to work from a position where I can analyze a wagon on me, making the egregiousness of his infraction much smaller. Had he voted me, however, I would have been almost assured of his town status.
I would actually be far more likely to do this as scum simply because it is an unlikely play btw. Doesn't really matter much to discussion, but I think it is an interesting note.

I need one more day as I am off to work and have a holiday party tn (I may get a chance to phonepost there, but I'd prefer not to so I can edit and trim posts with ease instead of making bulky ones).

And yes, even with this ruleset I will be low posting and proddodging at times. At least it gives me a chance to engage when I am here though! :)
This is the point where he turned into a scumlean for me. Scum love to quote posts about how they are town (which that wasn't technically, but the sentiment is the same in this case) while poking holes in the logic. It makes them look town while reinforcing the feeling of the original post. He showcases his self consciousness AND he makes pretty much the poster child LAMIST post. Which, of course is utter bullshit.

from me is where I link to a game where he had a perfect scum win. A game he played from beginning to end, clearly enjoyed thoroughly from the endgame and scum PT posts (easily verifiable) and a game that literally ended days ago. A game that directly contravenes his LAMIST personal meta about how he'd do this exact thing as scum. A game that, to be perfectly frank, he would not have forgotten things about so quickly.

He responds with 88, which is the scummiest sort of backpedal.
In post 88, Aristophanes wrote:Uh, It's situational I suppose? In that instance I was not caught up and therefore would never have voted an L-1. If I am caught up or it is early on I am far more likely to as
I can create a basis for the vote, reason it out, and if not discuss it with myself, discuss it with the people in the thread.

In fact, I did that D3 of the game when we were playing all or nothing because I was reasonably caught up and could hold a conversation about it.

In that game I also did Lolhammer, and I was obvscum because of it. That's why it is something I typically avoid. It really does depend on game, playerbase, and how I'm feeling at the time. However the meta I presented you is the truer version of my overall approach, despite this example which shows otherwise.
Emphasis mine. Not only does this describe exactly the opposite of what I was saying would make him likely town, but it's damn near close to what he did. He started talking about how he would start looking for a way to justify the vote (like maybe repeatedly mentioning that it feels odd) instead of why he would drop an unexplained L-1 at the beginning of the game as scum. This is a classic example of moving the goalposts. I caught him lying, in a way that town clearly has no reason to, and his response is to jump into a hyperdefensive post that abandons the reasoning he had originally entirely. If that's not scum, I don't know what is. And after I dig up the REST OF HIS GAMES FROM THE LAST 4 MONTHS, ALL OF WHICH ARE DIRECT EVIDENCE CONTRARY TO HIS SELF META, he throws his hands in the air in and comes back 3 minutes later to congratulate me based on, of all things, the amount of effort I've put into the game.

But worst of all? Worst of all is that after all of this, he jumps right after insanity not believing my suspicions to discredit the case on him in . Apparently, proving that he's lying about something that has a clear and present scum motivation (and in a way that he both agreed with and congratulated) is me "pushing a narrative." Since then, he's done bugger all except to poke at me still without laying down a vote, while still avoiding a direct 1v1 because he knows he can't win it.

tl;dr: Ari is very clearly scum, but we still have quite a bit of discussion left to be had today.

And, because the more I reread this post the more I reread Korts telling me he's tired of reaction baity bullshit, you can go ahead and fuck off on that account. I've explained my reads on 4 different players at this point, and am clearly both waiting on responses from and attempting to engage with a fifth, who remains largely absent from the thread. I have provided reads on all of the others, which with even a cursory amount of thought are decipherable. I haven't been "reaction-baiting" since explaining why your townread on me was suspicious, and have inarguably put more content into this thread than the majority of players. Criticize me if you want for not wanting to take you by the hand and guide you through every little thought process I have, but be aware that I won't be shoved off into a corner and ignored easily.
This is a Parachute.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Post by Korts »

Thanks for the responses. I will parse your post later. Can you also address my questions in 98?
scumchat never die
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Jingle »

The first question asks me to analyze the plan , and thus I don't really think it's necessary. As for the second question, yes, Luca answering for me is suspicious, mostly because the way he's doing it shows that he's assuming my alignment. The specifics of the "answering for other people" problem are less egregious by comparison. If he had a good reason to hardtownread me, then assuming he knows what I mean would make sense. It'd be annoying, but it'd make sense. Similarly, assuming he understands my intentions for the first part is understandable. RVS -> Clearly a joke isn't exactly a hard leap to take. His preemptive response to 17 is worse, but again, if he can manage to explain why exactly I was such a strong town read at that point it gets far less egregious. The worst, though, would be his response to Ari that is both answering a question posed to CoA and softly defending me.

Still, I have yet to do the meta dive on Luca that will tell me if this kind of behavior is scum indicative, town indicative, or just annoying. I will do that, eventually, but for now, sitting back and letting you put the pressure on Luca tells me I'll have interactions between the two of you to analyse and neither of you will fade into the background, so I can focus on other people.
This is a Parachute.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Hopefully I'll be able to respond tomorrow. Apologies for the inactivity.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Prods will be going out tomorrow for xRECKONERx, Aristophanes, CultOfAthena, Luca Blight, and Keychain.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

It's a Geriatric game, I hope none of us had heart attacks or anything! XD
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm here and hope to have a better shot at reading tomorrow. We're currently in crunch time today/tomorrow at work.
green shirt thursdays
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by insanity018 »

I think Jingle makes a fair point in that Ari is waffling quite a bit and has been poking at Jingle without voting for him. I'm still trying to get my head around the meta-related case though.

--
@Ari

In post 101, insanity018 wrote:
UNVOTE:

Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:11 am

Post by Keychain »

Hopefully no heart attacks but I think Reck had a birthday so happy birthday!

In post 86, Jingle wrote:
In post 85, Keychain wrote:
Jingle wrote:I have not made a single townmotivated post in this entire game with the exception of my vote on Ray Frost. The rest of that post wasn't townmotivated. I've intentionally been spewing nulltells left, right and center this entire game (which you've picked up on to at least some extent), and yet, for some reason I'm your third strongest townread because I read as genuine? When literally the rest of your reasoning regarding me is things that should be considered suspicious? I'm calling bullshit. The only reasons I'm not jumping up and down screaming from the rafters after your lynch right now is that I'm barely above your null reads, Luca is doing something very similar, and I have other suspicions I want to flesh out. Consider this a challenge to find where I come across as genuine.
Eh?
"spewing nulltells"? This paragraph puzzles me. Like having such a firm fixed idea of how other players should be perceiving you seems unlikely.
Is your issue with this that I shouldn't be aware of how other people will perceive me? Cause I am, a good 70% of the time, just as a matter of the style of play I have and the sheer number of games I've read. Is your issue that you see either Kort's or Luca's townreads on me as reasonable? If so, elaborate. Is your issue that you don't think I'm right about how I'm being treated there? If so, elaborate.
My "issue" is that you're treating yourself like a bundle of tells rather than a player with motivation. I suppose it's untrue that it's unlikely - I know there are players with a good understanding of how they will be perceived and I have no doubt you could be one of them, but this feels disingenuous I think is the word I'm looking for. It's such a narrow focus that it seems more like scum catching a perceived misstep than town looking for scum. Town frequently have a variety of different perspectives on any one player.
In post 86, Jingle wrote: I addressed this mostly when talking to Kam and Faraday
(Not that one)
about their reluctance to ever vote, but also when I replaced in and there was only really two wagons to analyze D1. And for what it's worth, I never intentionally lie about game theory in the R2R. Mislead? All the time. But anything I posted there that was game theory is either something I genuinely believe to be at least conditionally true.
:lol: at the bolded. He's going by another username now.
Yeah but certain things will always stick better than others - and directed advice will always stick with me better than generalised theory, because there's so many opinions on the latter.

I have your Ari case to look at more closely because it's kind of difficult to follow but my initial impression is that I think you're oversure.

insanity018 wrote:
Spoiler: Non game-related thing I just realised about Keychain
I didn't realise that Aotearoa is New Zealand!
It is! :] Is that not common knowledge in Australia? That's pretty interesting.

UNVOTE:

I dont lime their conclusions. They feel
xoncenuevt
I cannot for the life of me work out what this bolded word is

Spoiler: Jester Nightless Jingle off topic stuff
In post 97, Jingle wrote:Oh, hey. This is entirely off topic, but inappropriate to send by pm because it was directly influenced by this game. I’ve decided to run a jester nightless in the micro queue, Keychain. Any of you are welcome to prein, though I expect it to be functionally the opposite of a geriatric game. I mention this here because I ran into keychain commenting on an old jester nightless game of mine in a dead thread while meta-ing and felt it would be inappropriate to pm due to the confirmation that I AM in fact reading through other games. As Key can tell you, my use of meta shouldn’t be an alignment tell for me, but I wanted to avoid even the possibility of giving additional information to just one person in the game. And now I’m going to sleep for 12 hours or until someone wakes me up with an emergency.
yo I've played with you in one game to my knowledge so I'm no Jingle expert
Yes! That was one of the first ms games I ever read and it's where I recognised you from after you replaced in on your main. Thanks for the heads-up! Not sure if I'll be able to play but we'll see.

Still need to read Korts and Luca Blight.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Jingle »

This is me, acknowledging recent posts and expressing my belief that nothing needs a follow up from me yet.
This is a Parachute.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

CultOfAthena has requested replacement. Luca Blight has been prodded.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 110, insanity018 wrote:I think Jingle makes a fair point in that Ari is waffling quite a bit and has been poking at Jingle without voting for him. I'm still trying to get my head around the meta-related case though.

--
@Ari

In post 101, insanity018 wrote:
UNVOTE:

I thought it felt off but I don't feel it strong enough to warrant a vote. Apparently I'm vote-shy this game.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by Korts »

I was thinking about what my genuine intent read on Jingle meant. It wasn't intent, it was purpose that I saw. The seams between the paragraphs are quite visible, and there is a man with a needle on the other side. I will have to re-examine the tapestry that he has woven to see who's behind it.

The Aristo case is interesting, but essentially all of it hinges on the questionable idea that not putting Jingle at L-1 is scummy. Same as with keychain, I think that's just weak. And the I still don't see the slip-up in the meta vs. self-meta argument you pressured him on. Can you condense and simplify?

No offense was meant with the reaction baiting bullshit. What I meant was you seem to be laying traps and leaving prompts and breadcrumbing all over the place, which I don't find as constructive as being transparent.

For example, this plan you have alluded to, and claim to have explained. I have seen no explanation, and the post you linked is not one of yours.
scumchat never die
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:08 am

Post by insanity018 »

In post 114, Aristophanes wrote: I thought it felt off but I don't feel it strong enough to warrant a vote. Apparently I'm vote-shy this game.
Is there anyone you do feel strongly about then? What's your thoughts on CultofAthena (now getting replaced?)
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hopkirk replaces CultOfAthena.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:03 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I actually find that replacement pretty scummy.
green shirt thursdays
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:05 am

Post by RayFrost »

Just gonna start with saying I know jingle wants me to react to the vote on me in some way, but this is the limit of what I can say in response to it. "Okay."

What the hell is LAMIST? I've seen it used several times now and can't for the life of me figure out what it's supposed to stand for.

For other Jingle related things: I really dislike using meta to describe / explain everything, including your own play. While there's a certain amount of influence meta should have on your reads, it definitely shouldn't be
the
thing you rely on. People change. How they think changes. Situations and circumstances being different will change how they behave. It's not as cut and dry as "they were like this before so they will be like this again in this situation." In no small part because the situation is not exactly the same. Also, people who are aware of their own meta are capable of actively playing along with / against it.

That's just an in general mafia discussion style comment, though.

As for the Aristophanes case: I think Jingle raises a good point about how Aristophanes is handling the self-meta stuff. I don't think the original l-1 vote argument is worthwhile, though I do feel the following discussion had merit. My short-version understanding of the meta stuff is Jingle saying "ari is suspect for not putting the l-1 vote" with ari saying "no, I don't do that stuff" with Jingle saying "aha! but you do! look at these games" to which Ari responds "hmmm I see I have done this thing but those situations were different" leading to Jingle saying "I have caught you saying you would/would not do things when you have experience doing/not doing those exact things!" and having Ari respond with "well I can't make you think you're wrong on this"

While the original point from Jingle is horribly weak (Aristophanes didn't put someone at L-1! Scum!), I do feel that how Aristophanes handled the rest of it is suspect. This is more so in light of the rest of his posting. He's put more effort into defending himself from Jingle than he has in contributing anything else in the thread so far. His most recent posting about his actual reads before Jingle-stuff was "I have reads forming but nothing to say about them" - which is the equivalent to saying nothing at all. Anyone can say they have thoughts. What
are
the thoughts? The most clearly worded thought processes are self-defense against Jingle and agreeing with someone attacking his attacker but then saying it's gut.

Regarding Luca putting words in other people's mouth thing, I suppose the more correct wording would be "responding to questions addressed to other people and saying the answers were ~obvious~" - I am typically suspect of calling things obvious (especially when I feel they're not) when it comes to other people's reasoning. It's not saying that it's what they're trying to say, but this post as well as the one below it are mostly along the lines of "they're clearly doing A" - others may read it differently, but that's the feel I get from it. Korts may be wording things better than me about it.

I don't see anything suspect about not putting people at L-1, so commentary from Jingle saying keychain is suspect for that I disagree with - I also am generally finding keychain townish at the moment aside from that. Similarly have town-leaning reads on Korts and insanity.

I'm vaguely interested in seeing the final reveal of Jingle's Grand Plan. Withholding judgment until then.

If there's anything else specifically you'd like me to comment on, feel free to ask. I don't have much else to say on the mind.

Pending content from CultOfAthena's replacement and certain other people's postings, I am comfortable doing the following:

UNVOTE: CultOfAthena

VOTE: Aristophanes
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 118, xRECKONERx wrote:I actually find that replacement pretty scummy.
How long have you been having this problem.

Like Jingle and Luka.

Insanity in 36/8 on Athena is a bad push. Reads as pushing an obvious newbie for typical newbie behaviour. Response in 52 after Athena responds is on a minor thing and trying to make conflict. Doesn’t read as a natural extension. Still focused on a bad read at the expense of anything useful.
Insanity feels differently towards Keychain than Athena when keychain reads as emptier (like 84). Doesn’t seem to have a problem there.

Korts feels a bit calculated casual. Also at times (76 especially) feels uncaring towards developing reads. Commentary but with stances you could say I guess. Don’t really like the reads either though. Throughout I get a general sense of saying a lot but not doing a lot.

Reckoner in 55- concludes opposite of me. Don’t like the Ari townread in particular.

39 from Ari is odd. Claims Reckoner said everything he wanted to so he townreads him ever more strongly. The only posts he could be referring to are 20/21, but Ari posted in 19. Odd Reckoner could say things Ari intended to when nothing should have changed.

I feel like I should try and look scummy so Jingle metadives me and I can learn something. He seems to have a lot of time there.
In post 90, Aristophanes wrote:Lol apparently I dont know my own meta at all!

I hate to break it to you, but I'm not scum. You have solved nothg at all! Feel free tolynch me if you like, but that really won't get you what you want it to :P

Meh.
UNVOTE:

Ari’s tone in 90-93 on the same thing seem very different. Might be meaningful Insanity was the only post in between.

If I had to sort everyone now I'd be leaning something like this. Mostly highly provisional though, and names are intentionally in a random order.
Townier: Luca, Jingle, Ray, Key.
Scummier: Ari, Insanity, Korts, Reckoner.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Oops

VOTE: Ari

I thought we had 10 posts per day, not 1.
Can't really follow the tone that well subbing in. Why do people think activity is like it is?
Who is voting seriously?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:55 am

Post by RayFrost »

Activity is currently this low because of the holiday season coinciding with the start of the game, leading to an even lower level of activity from a playerbase that came in expecting to have low levels of activity.

As far as I am aware, everyone is voting seriously.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:57 am

Post by insanity018 »

My scumread of CultofAthena is less to do with empty reads, but with emptiness of her questions, particularly earlier in the game. Questions such as "Mind explaining this?" () and "Why do you think Aristo is town?" () feel like empty pokes - Asking questions, but without genuinely applying any pressure, which is easy for scum to hide behind. I will agree that some of CultofAthena's questioning got a bit better in later posts, but there is nothing from her that changes my scumread.

As I noted in , many of CultofAthena's original thoughts seemed to be attacking Jingle's understanding of mafia game theory. Again, focusing a lot on discussion theory is very easy for scum to hide behind and use to fake content. However, Athena insists in that discussing mafia theory would be useful for solving the game and allowing her to formulate a scum or townread of Jingle. Given this, Athena's failure to follow up is inconsistent and shows that she wasn't intending to use the theory discussion to form reads after all.

CultofAthena continuously assures us that despite her flimsy questioning that she is trying to solve the game and form reads. However, re-reading her ISO, it incredibly sparse of any type of read. The only examples I can find is Athena throwing a townread at me () and a very brief opinion that Rayfrost's comments on availability might be scum-motivated (, ).

Hopkirk replacing in and voting Aristophanes might be opportunistic, giving the timing that Jingle's just made a big case on why Aristophanes is confirmed scum and RayFrost's vote just above.

@Hopkirk
, I found it interesting that you're voting Ari but you haven't mentioned anything about Jingle's scumslip case. Do you have any thoughts on the case and does it have any impact on your read of Aristophanes?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:58 am

Post by insanity018 »

@Mod, can we please get a votecount?

I'm interested in what Jingle has to say now that RayFrost has posted.

I can support voting Aristophanes. I don't find Jingle's meta case particular compelling. However, Ari's recent waffling and reluctance to have a serious scumread or put down a serious vote is concerning.
In post 119, RayFrost wrote:What the hell is LAMIST? I've seen it used several times now and can't for the life of me figure out what it's supposed to stand for.
I had assumed this just meant very lame. :shifty:

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”