Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Post by Klick »

There are a whole bunch of oldies in this game.

VOTE: PenguinPower
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Hii all.

VOTE: thor
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 19, Maxous wrote:Hey all.

VOTE: Flubbernugget

I have a couple of town leans already I think
Why announce town leans without expanding on them?

Normally I'd vote Maxous at this stage, but there are two really lovely three vote wagons going, and unlike the last few posters I'm not scared of pushing one of them. (feel the shade, lads).

VOTE: PenguinPower

Basically sheeping Cult's call here paired with going and looking at Penguin's site iso and noting that there was no other game activity happening at the time, so why was he hanging out exactly?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 am

Post by Maxous »

because someone would inevitably ask for detailed explanations of page 1 gut reads
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yeah, but from my perspective there was enough to get one town read - and I consider myself pretty aggressive on early reads on average, so for you to have more than me twigged me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

Also, that you're delaying explaining them also twigs me.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:12 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 27, Thor665 wrote:Basically sheeping Cult's call here paired with going and looking at Penguin's site iso and noting that there was no other game activity happening at the time, so why was he hanging out exactly?
I know, right? It's almost like I run a queue and have admin responsibilities or something.

You should vote EP.
<(") | (")>
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why in the world should I consider the EP wagon more viable than the wagon on you?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

Also you hadn't done any mod duties for, like, the previous 12 hours - so were you just hanging out waiting to mod?
Meh.
Excuse sounds weak.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

Previous 8 hours to be more accurate.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:20 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 33, Thor665 wrote:Also you hadn't done any mod duties for, like, the previous 12 hours - so were you just hanging out waiting to mod?
Meh.
Excuse sounds weak.
You realize there is a whole backend to the site that you can't see, right? Where the admin team discusses site related things?

I mean, if you want to use this as a way to get out of RVS keep on pushing it; but, it's a really weak argument to begin with.
<(") | (")>
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Moneybags »

In post 27, Thor665 wrote: Why announce town leans without expanding on them?
In post 28, Maxous wrote:because someone would inevitably ask for detailed explanations of page 1 gut reads
What is there to say? Is it not possible to have a vague impression of a town read that would sound ridiculous to put into words?
In post 26, Bellaphant wrote:Hii all.
The way she puts 2 'i's instead of 1... so friendly and relaxed, probably town.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 32, Thor665 wrote:Why in the world should I consider the EP wagon more viable than the wagon on you?
Because obviously I want to win the battle of the skittles.
<(") | (")>
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:25 am

Post by Moneybags »

I'd like to add that yeah there's several other reasons that could explain Penguin's quick entrance. It's a pretty weak argument. I don't see why anyone would push it so hard unless they were looking for a low hanging fruit get an easy misslynch.
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:26 am

Post by Moneybags »

In post 38, Moneybags wrote: low hanging fruit get an easy misslynch.
English is hard ok
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 35, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 33, Thor665 wrote:Also you hadn't done any mod duties for, like, the previous 12 hours - so were you just hanging out waiting to mod?
Meh.
Excuse sounds weak.
You realize there is a whole backend to the site that you can't see, right? Where the admin team discusses site related things?

I mean, if you want to use this as a way to get out of RVS keep on pushing it; but, it's a really weak argument to begin with.
I do and am using it as a way to get out of RVS.
I find your response kind of skeevy and now want to flip you.
I don't think the argument is particularly weak, and it's certainly stronger than your EP argument.
In post 36, Moneybags wrote:
In post 27, Thor665 wrote: Why announce town leans without expanding on them?
In post 28, Maxous wrote:because someone would inevitably ask for detailed explanations of page 1 gut reads
What is there to say? Is it not possible to have a vague impression of a town read that would sound ridiculous to put into words?
In post 26, Bellaphant wrote:Hii all.
The way she puts 2 'i's instead of 1... so friendly and relaxed, probably town.
Sure it's possible - but what does that have to do with anything?
You're claiming Maxous is too shy to share a silly read they announced? That seems pretty 'meh' to me.

PEdit - if you think I'm chasing a low hanging fruit (and I am blatantly chasing the Penguin wagon) why aren't you tagging me over it directly instead of empty side line commenting on it to see if other people agree with you before you go in on the thought?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I won't argue that it's stronger than the EP argument which is almost entirely for the lulz. What's skeevy about my response? The fact that I called out what you were doing? The fact that I called it weak? Both? Neither?
<(") | (")>
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:26 am

Post by Beefster »

VOTE: thor

Something smells fishy about this interaction and I don't think it's PenguinPower.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Beefster »

I've never liked it when a player goes after another for a non-game related reason. I'm not entirely sure if it's a scum tell or not, but it's page 2, so I don't really care.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 41, PenguinPower wrote:I won't argue that it's stronger than the EP argument which is almost entirely for the lulz. What's skeevy about my response? The fact that I called out what you were doing? The fact that I called it weak? Both? Neither?
The skeeviness is that I honestly find it unlikely that you were sitting around active in a hidden thread while also claiming that my case is weak.
Like, if you have an excuse of 'I was in a hidden thread that you couldn't see and that's why I responded so fast'.
Okay,sure, maybe.
But by the time you're telling me that - it doesn't gel that you also think the case is weak, because you're having to defend that you were here and active on the site and are aware that the evidence I brought up doesn't support that, which makes the timing look suspect.

So, yeah, you're shade casting me, trying to distract with an empty case, and are on desperate defense.

That's skeevy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 43, Beefster wrote:I've never liked it when a player goes after another for a non-game related reason. I'm not entirely sure if it's a scum tell or not, but it's page 2, so I don't really care.
What about my reasoning isn't game related exactly?
It's timing and activity and behavior - that's all game related last I checked.
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Moneybags »

In post 40, Thor665 wrote: PEdit - if you think I'm chasing a low hanging fruit (and I am blatantly chasing the Penguin wagon) why aren't you tagging me over it directly instead of empty side line commenting on it to see if other people agree with you before you go in on the thought?
Because I'm not about to say "hey everyone, thor is
clearly
doing this scum thing despite there being other equally valid explanations for his behavior". That would be pretty hypocritical considering my stance on Penguin, wouldn't you think?

For example one of those equally valid explanations would be that you're overly-aggressively scum hunting right out the gate. In this scenario, Beefster's casual defense of Penguin may be viewed in an incriminating light.

I'm not looking to pin everyone down as 100% scum or town on page 2. I'm just looking to put various information on the table so opinions can more quickly be formed.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:53 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 44, Thor665 wrote:
In post 41, PenguinPower wrote:I won't argue that it's stronger than the EP argument which is almost entirely for the lulz. What's skeevy about my response? The fact that I called out what you were doing? The fact that I called it weak? Both? Neither?
The skeeviness is that I honestly find it unlikely that you were sitting around active in a hidden thread while also claiming that my case is weak.
Like, if you have an excuse of 'I was in a hidden thread that you couldn't see and that's why I responded so fast'.
Okay,sure, maybe.
But by the time you're telling me that - it doesn't gel that you also think the case is weak, because you're having to defend that you were here and active on the site and are aware that the evidence I brought up doesn't support that, which makes the timing look suspect.

So, yeah, you're shade casting me, trying to distract with an empty case, and are on desperate defense.

That's skeevy.

To be more clear:

The case on it's face is weak. It requires that scum submitted their choices and mod was online at the same time, and scum knew this. Then scum would be patiently watching for the mod to open the thread so they could make the first post To what end? What's the motivation for scum to do that?

The case becomes weaker when you try to attribute it to me, because I am usually online during the day doing things.

So, I think the case is weak on face value. I also was active on site at the time the thread was opened. The two are not mutually exclusive. Also, where was I throwing shade at you?
<(") | (")>
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:45 am

Post by Bellaphant »

....sorry, is Thor's argument 'pp was online when the thread started = scum?'.

Tbf, pp's defense against this not being 'email alerts for pms' is also pretty weak.

I assume im being trolled with money's response to me.
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Moneybags »

I was just using your post as an example, yes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”