Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Chess, Fire and someone else
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 516, Chickadee wrote:For the love of maple syrup, eh, please tell me that dayvig really was fake...

I hate gambits and memes. It just muddies info for later on, and I see it as really anti-town.
Yes, because I'd definitely dayvig the person who sarcastically suggests we all claim, instead of the guy I'm pushing for a lynch.

You've made 5 fluffposts/sarcastic posts. Not on the top of my radar, obviously, but don't tell me making posts with half irony and half seriousness is anti-town and muddling. Uselessly padding the postcount in a large IS anti-town.

I'm pretty sure that makes 4 people who've made posts that can be edited to say "I didn't get the joke" and nothing else.

If you have nothing better to do, give reads.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Bit hypocritical math
Don't @ me.
Torn Up
Torn Up
Goon
Torn Up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by Torn Up »

Hey guys! Sorry for the late start. Effing large themes... lots to catch up on :(

~ Cheeky
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 526, Espeonage wrote:Bit hypocritical math
Go through my ISO and find me a single 100% useless post. The intent of the get-a-room joke was to tell people that discussion has gone into diminishing returns. Every other joke has been paired with something else.

I'm all for having fun in a large game with funny people but I'm not for making a post that does nothing to help anyone.

Same thing goes to you. If you have nothing better to do than talk about fake dayvigs, I'd appreciate more comments on my Gamma minicase.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I would argue that you should not have fake dayvigged as some sort of clever play at the miller shit. Mostly because it was clever, or funny, or helpful. I am with Chick here in that it obfuscates rereads and later claims.

So get off your high horse. You are treating this like it's not 2018 MS. and that isn't going to fly. You need to learn to adapt to the current meta and learn how to read people that do shit post, because I assure you you can.

Now I would like an explaination of why you can fake day vig but other people can't make fake claims. And I do not want your central argument to be "it was obvious" and I also don't want "I did it for the meme/vine".

Normally hypocrisy isn't alignment indicative, but you really need to be admitting it. Because you are smart enough to not be dense.
Don't @ me.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by Mathdino »

To claim the ability to read posts that are entirely un-game-related would be more than arrogant of me. I don't doubt some can, but I know my tonereads are almost always backwards and playstyle-based. That said, I'll at least argue that shitposting makes the thread harder to catch up for the people who haven't even posted yet. Substance is a little sparse.

I never argued other people can't make fakeclaims/memeclaims. I obviously have some issue with game-affecting fake HARDclaims but a lot of it is clearly fucking around. I think there's definitely some merit to how people react to that kind of thing. I do actually believe "being overly serious in response to humour" can be telling one way or the other for some people.

I can maybe accept that fakeclaiming and reaction testing in that way is anti-town, but dayvigs are obviously confirmable; it's not like there's some kind of viable long con. So I'm not really seeing what you're saying there.

Reasons:
1. It was obvious sarcasm to defuse Chickadee's weird negativity
2. I did it for the meme, not gonna lie
3. Reactions are good. Now I think you're town. My scumlean on Chickadee remains.

Do you believe faking post restrictions is inherently anti-town?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Tell you what, I'll fully admit to you that jokeclaims and dayvigs are anti-me, because, hilariously, my actual content/question got buried in this discussion.

So I owe myself an apology :P

Are you scumreading ACB btw? On review, I'm currently fairly solidly townreading him.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by Chickadee »

@Math, so how do you feel about the claims on the table right now, because there sure are a heck of a lot.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

I'm about to claim
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 535, Chickadee wrote:@Math, so how do you feel about the claims on the table right now, because there sure are a heck of a lot.
I don't give a shit about any of them or really discussing any of them in depth. I'm confident that everyone here has the capability to play their role semi-competently and withhold enough information to help their wincon (i.e. it's probably not gonna help anything for me to go interrogating them).

I'm playing this based on dayplay until we're narrowed down enough for role claims to actually win it. Tbh with you I've lost track of a few claims since I wanted to catch up quickly. It's role madness. Everyone has something weird.

And I've never found it particularly effective to try to bicker with vigclaims about who they're gonna shoot. I prefer to just let them do their thing.

mastina, if/when confirmed, is probably town though. Espeonage too. But it's not like we're confirming these anytime soon.

Since you clearly care more than I do, how do
you
feel about the claims on the table?

Also wtf exactly is your post restriction?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Big ass catch-up post
Spoiler:
In post 399, Torn Up wrote:
In post 250, Gamma Emerald wrote:UNVOTE: WhemePlay
Not sure if anyone around currently is worth voting for
also how tf did I miss Ginngie in that list of common players
'not sure if anyone around currently is worth voting for'

I'll take thoughts villagers never have for 300

-tor
This was me thinking it was a Civilization situation as Creature brought up, where scum were inactive. By "around" I meant in the thread
In post 215, Firebringer wrote:
In post 207, ObsessedFanGrill wrote:No the meme is they're a hidden hydra pretended to be me and claire lmfao.
VOTE: Gamma
^ This
Am I missing something or is literally no one changing reads all of a sudden
Ok whhhaaaaat is going on here. I mean I have a guess but I don't want to give any outs
In post 438, Torn Up wrote:mastina, NSG, OFG, firebringer, maybe wheme and ACB town

dino is weird but I agree with a lot of his conclusions

gamma still a wolf
This is reeeeeeaally weird to me tbh since I would think HCUFO might have a grasp on my townplay, I don't think it differed at all between MU and here
In post 440, Mathdino wrote:Someone to talk to :D
In post 427, Torn Up wrote:5. Not sure what to expand on. Scum doesn't often seriously suggest in the game thread that confirmable roles get vigged BECAUSE that draws attention. The main situation I can think of that scum would do that is in order to get townread by people like me (WIFOMMMM). The fact that Gamma jumped on the lynchbait suggestion when I expect much better of Gamma's scumhunting doesn't read well to me.
That's actually true, and I should have FUCKING REALIZED THAT SINCE I FELL INTO
THE SAME PITFALL WITH RB IN RFB REMATCH

Yeah pardon me I'm apparently needing to fucking RELEARN MAFIA HERE why am I being so dumb
In post 474, Mathdino wrote:
In post 469, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wheme play vote: I acknowledge it was lazy and poorly thought out. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf, however, by voting someone a little different.

Paranoia generation: I was talking about Wheme+FB+Smocaine

Rolefishing: it reveals town power most of the time, which is anti-town.
1. Cool.
2. Oh wow people who are all probably town, nice
3. You're smarter than this, Gamma. Do you think whomever did that (I forget now) is scum?

Edit: Is Creature even around? He's barely been posting in his own modded game.
Nobody was the rolefisher, and I'm not sure, I've seen some of his more recent posts and they explain it but I don't like the method he's employing
As for that "scumblock" yeah they're probably town, that's why I feel the game is going the way of Civilization
In post 487, WhemePlay wrote:We are not a Miller btw
Oh my god what is this meme
In post 490, Mathdino wrote:
In post 488, Espeonage wrote: Hi, some people haven't even started playing yet. Bloodthirst this early will be on no use in later game days. I specifically need to have multiple scum reads before night 1 if you want me to not be negative utility.
I interpreted that as ironic. This post feels a little LAMIST to me but I keep getting proven wrong on that kind of scumtell so Imma file it under "fishy for now".

Edit: has scum treestump literally ever happened in a 'non bastard game' btw
LMAOOOOOOOO
go read camn's revenge pally-boy
In post 510, Chickadee wrote:Sorry, why don't we just all claim, eh?
Truth^
Seriously does no one have a belt around here

BTW don't expect to see much of me from Sunday morning to Sunday evening, I got more birthday festivities.
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And he saves it!
fyi that was the thing I thought of that could have been an out
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

(don't actually view the video if you value your ears)
<Embrace The Void>

WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

I'll answe this when you tell me who you are
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 538, Mathdino wrote:
In post 535, Chickadee wrote:@Math, so how do you feel about the claims on the table right now, because there sure are a heck of a lot.
I don't give a shit about any of them or really discussing any of them in depth. I'm confident that everyone here has the capability to play their role semi-competently and withhold enough information to help their wincon (i.e. it's probably not gonna help anything for me to go interrogating them).

I'm playing this based on dayplay until we're narrowed down enough for role claims to actually win it. Tbh with you I've lost track of a few claims since I wanted to catch up quickly. It's role madness. Everyone has something weird.

And I've never found it particularly effective to try to bicker with vigclaims about who they're gonna shoot. I prefer to just let them do their thing.

mastina, if/when confirmed, is probably town though. Espeonage too. But it's not like we're confirming these anytime soon.

Since you clearly care more than I do, how do
you
feel about the claims on the table?

Also wtf exactly is your post restriction?
Sorry I wasn't clear, eh. I wasn't asking you to talk in depth about any of the claims, but just your opinions on the fact that there are so many. I went to skim back through and got through 8 pages, and half the player list (not even exaggerating, eh!) had claimed some aspect of their roles. Me included, but mine is my post restriction, which is hard to hide. Sorry.

I am Canada, and as such I have a post restriction where I have to include certain words a certain amount of times. I already failed once. If I fail enough in a day, I lose my vote for that day, eh.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@Mod:
Request hydrae head identities in playerlist.

Edit: Gotcha. I'm guessing "sorry" "eh" "Tim Horton's" "maple syrup".

Yeah I'm straight up not paying attention to roleclaims mostly because if they become relevant, someone else is gonna bring them up anyway. If/when I start locking reads and analysing people I'll look into those more.

My understanding was that this was pretty standard for role madness games. D1 miller claims almost always happen. Vig claims less so but it helps to be like HEY GUYS I'M NOT AN SK (even if you are SK).
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

The Anything uPick:

Votecount 1.19:

Flat Earth Society (1): Gamma Emerald

Creature (3): Ginngie, Smocaine, ObsessedFanGrill
Firebringer (3): Mastina, Yume, Whemeplay
Northsidegal (2): Firebringer, Nosferatu
Ginngie (1): Mastina
Whemeplay (1): Hinduragi
Gamma Emerald (1): MathDino
Obsessed Fan Grill (0):
Chickadee (0):
Torn Up (0):
Hinduragi (0):
Mastina (0):
Taroumaru (0):
Espeonage (0):
Yume (0):
Mathdino (0):
Smocaine (0):
Nosferatu (0):
Not Voting: Some People
Flat Earth Society (1): Gamma Emerald

With 17 votes in play it's 9 to lynch.

The day ends in (expired on 2018-01-27 12:00:00).
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

Wait this is a Hydra

I thought this was an Elli alt lmao
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 534, Mathdino wrote:Tell you what, I'll fully admit to you that jokeclaims and dayvigs are anti-me, because, hilariously, my actual content/question got buried in this discussion.

So I owe myself an apology :P

Are you scumreading ACB btw? On review, I'm currently fairly solidly townreading him.
Solidly slight scumlean
Don't @ me.
WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

In post 552, WhemePlay wrote:
Wait this is a Hydra

I thought this was an Elli alt lmao
it was wheme btw
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

I AM DIABLO, LORD OF TERROR!

YOU ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE ME

ONE OF MY POWERS AS THE LORD OF TERROR IS I MAY ASK THE MOD ONCE PER DAY FOR A HINT ON WHO ONE SCUM IS, AND MY HINT TODAY LED ME TOO LIL PUNY FIREBRINGER

NOW THAT I USED THAT POWER, THE FOLLOWING NIGHT I WILL SHOW AS GUILTY TOO ALL INVESTS

OF COURSE, THAT ISN'T MY FULL ROLE AS I AM THE GREATEST LORD TO WALK THIS EARTH, I WILL NOT BE FULL CLAIMING

NOW DIE LIL PUNY MORTAL SCUM
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

THAT BEING SAID I WILL IGNORE MY LIL HINT THE MOD GAVE ME AND VOTE A SECOND CONFIRMED SCUM

VOTE: CREATURE

MORE VOTES HERE IF YOU WANT TO LIVE MORTALS
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

In post 556, WhemePlay wrote:THAT BEING SAID I WILL IGNORE MY LIL HINT THE MOD GAVE ME AND VOTE A SECOND CONFIRMED SCUM

VOTE: CREATURE

MORE VOTES HERE IF YOU WANT TO LIVE MORTALS
loll i just noticed theres a wagon on creature

issa good wagon
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

seriously
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”