Newbie 1846 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.43 Masons in a Trenchcoat (3) - UC Voyager, MagikHorse, Myloninja13
Not_Mafia (2) - 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat, TheGoldenParadox
Cabd (2) - Lucky2u, Not_Mafia
Myloninja13 (1) - Cabd
TheGoldenParadox (1) - Leeoon

Not voting (0) -

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Friday, 26th January, 11.00 pm GMT, (in (expired on 2018-01-26 23:00:00)).
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:58 am

Post by 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat »

In post 99, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 31, Not_Mafia wrote:Why don't you?
NM is encouraging for myself to post more. This helps progress the game and ultimately find scum. I see this from a townie!
In post 35, Not_Mafia wrote:Liking Cabd and Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooon the least so far
In post 36, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Cabd

NM starts making reads early on. shows they actually care about the game. and this gives me a townie feel as no one had really made reads yet, so they were the first to start making them
In post 44, Not_Mafia wrote:RVS isn't literally random, it's just arbitrary at first as we have no content to go off
explains crap. this is good!
In post 77, Not_Mafia wrote:Still like cabd for scum. Don’t like how magikhorse did something as bold as L-1 this early as a newbie then immediately capitulated to UC and sheeped his vote. Doesn’t seem natural
continues to make reads, explain shit, and be ultimately usefull.

----

you guys are underestimating small posts. just because NM isn't making huge detailed posts, doesn't mean they are scum. you actually have to look into what the post means and what their intentions are
In post 96, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 94, 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat wrote:In my first newbie game, L-1 was the way people got talking. It seemed that putting the pressure of L-2 wasn't enough to get posts. Information came when people were defending themselves from the lynch.

Pushing to L-1 is meta as far as I can see. Even if someone gets quickhammerred because of the L-1, that hammer is clear scum behavior, so there's a clear scum target for the next round. If this isn't meta, then what is?
let me ask if you won that game. also, someone could easily say that they accidentally quick hammered. i have also seen town quickhammer.
In post 91, Leeoon wrote:
In post 83, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 77, Not_Mafia wrote:Still like cabd for scum. Don’t like how magikhorse did something as bold as L-1 this early as a newbie then immediately capitulated to UC and sheeped his vote. Doesn’t seem natural
Yeah, I wasn't thinking straight for a moment there and kind of floundered when I realized I screwed up. I made a downright idiotic call when I followed Mason and Golden, and realized it when UCV posted about it, thus changing gears really hard and suddenly. I'll admit that it does look mighty scummy, but it's not sheeping by intent.

From my own view, Masons is scummy for basically baiting me into the L-1 vote and Golden is similarly scummy for being the one that started that push. In the end, I chose Masons over Golden as they're the one that set up the bait, which I think is going beyond what Golden intended when they said "I want a little pressure". Saying "Hey, let's get to L-1 way too early!" seems more suspicious to me than saying "I want to know more about this guy". It might be a bit OMGUS for actually catching me on his hook, but at least I have reasons beyond that to support my vote there regardless of what UCV did. I'm quickly becoming suspicious about UCV because they keep saying NM is townie but refuse to say anything concrete as to why, and I really don't see anything really townie about NM.

Order-wise, I put Masons over Myself over UCV over Golden. The bait was not cool, me following it was stupid, UCV withholding his reasoning over NM's "Townie" reads is weird, and Golden seems more like he just wanted to figure out NM for himself and got implicated by me and Masons when we went overboard with it.
I like this defense, I don't see Horse as scummy as the other two anymore.

I'm currently developing a larger list of reasons Golden is scum. That should be up late today or tomorrow.
so you find it townie to defend. it is usually considered townie to barely defend yourself and focus on finding scum

------------------------
we need to speed up this game. it is barely a few pages in lol. i don't want D1 to end until like page 20ish at the least!
I didn't win that game. And with that in mind, I see that it's not wise to L-1 NM.

UNVOTE:
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 101, 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat wrote:
In post 99, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 31, Not_Mafia wrote:Why don't you?
NM is encouraging for myself to post more. This helps progress the game and ultimately find scum. I see this from a townie!
In post 35, Not_Mafia wrote:Liking Cabd and Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooon the least so far
In post 36, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Cabd

NM starts making reads early on. shows they actually care about the game. and this gives me a townie feel as no one had really made reads yet, so they were the first to start making them
In post 44, Not_Mafia wrote:RVS isn't literally random, it's just arbitrary at first as we have no content to go off
explains crap. this is good!
continues to make reads, explain shit, and be ultimately usefull.

----

you guys are underestimating small posts. just because NM isn't making huge detailed posts, doesn't mean they are scum. you actually have to look into what the post means and what their intentions are
In post 96, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 94, 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat wrote:In my first newbie game, L-1 was the way people got talking. It seemed that putting the pressure of L-2 wasn't enough to get posts. Information came when people were defending themselves from the lynch.

Pushing to L-1 is meta as far as I can see. Even if someone gets quickhammerred because of the L-1, that hammer is clear scum behavior, so there's a clear scum target for the next round. If this isn't meta, then what is?
let me ask if you won that game. also, someone could easily say that they accidentally quick hammered. i have also seen town quickhammer.
In post 91, Leeoon wrote:
In post 83, MagikHorse wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't thinking straight for a moment there and kind of floundered when I realized I screwed up. I made a downright idiotic call when I followed Mason and Golden, and realized it when UCV posted about it, thus changing gears really hard and suddenly. I'll admit that it does look mighty scummy, but it's not sheeping by intent.

From my own view, Masons is scummy for basically baiting me into the L-1 vote and Golden is similarly scummy for being the one that started that push. In the end, I chose Masons over Golden as they're the one that set up the bait, which I think is going beyond what Golden intended when they said "I want a little pressure". Saying "Hey, let's get to L-1 way too early!" seems more suspicious to me than saying "I want to know more about this guy". It might be a bit OMGUS for actually catching me on his hook, but at least I have reasons beyond that to support my vote there regardless of what UCV did. I'm quickly becoming suspicious about UCV because they keep saying NM is townie but refuse to say anything concrete as to why, and I really don't see anything really townie about NM.

Order-wise, I put Masons over Myself over UCV over Golden. The bait was not cool, me following it was stupid, UCV withholding his reasoning over NM's "Townie" reads is weird, and Golden seems more like he just wanted to figure out NM for himself and got implicated by me and Masons when we went overboard with it.
I like this defense, I don't see Horse as scummy as the other two anymore.

I'm currently developing a larger list of reasons Golden is scum. That should be up late today or tomorrow.
so you find it townie to defend. it is usually considered townie to barely defend yourself and focus on finding scum

------------------------
we need to speed up this game. it is barely a few pages in lol. i don't want D1 to end until like page 20ish at the least!
I didn't win that game. And with that in mind, I see that it's not wise to L-1 NM.

UNVOTE:
Yes I saw that game. It is not smart to hammer someone every 2 or 3 pages btw. It is better to take your time. Even if it takes 60 pages to decide the D1 lynch
so...i don't get enough sleep
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:25 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Lucky2U. are you town this game?
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 103, UC Voyager wrote:Lucky2U. are you town this game?
3p survivor jester Judas
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 104, Lucky2u wrote:
3p survivor jester Judas
yea. lucky is town guys
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Well, now that you've explained your NM read in detail, it makes a bit more sense. I'll bite on this hook.

Calling UCV and NM town for now. Leeoon and Lucky are less solid, but still mild townreads, although Lucky has the benefit of UCV supporting him. Cabd could slip in anywhere with so little content. Mylon is too uncertain for me since he's fresh off of his V/LA, although he at least has one post worth of serious content and contemplation since catching up. He could slip in anywhere too, but I slightly townread him, which basically leaves it as 2 of Golden/Masons/Cabd for the scumteam for the "let's get this guy to L-1" fiasco for Golden and Masons and a lack of really much of anything from Cabd. Honestly would probably put my money behind a Golden/Masons scumteam, as that "let's get him to L-1" thing seems almost like two scum trying to bounce off of each other.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Cabd »

{MagikHorse}
~GAP~
{most everyone else}
{NM, Mylon}
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Yeah I don't like those reads
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 108, Not_Mafia wrote:Yeah I don't like those reads
You don't have to!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

{TheGoldenParadox,UC Voyager}
{Leeeeeeeeoooooon, Myloninja13}
{3 Masons in a Trenchcoat, Lucky2u}
{MagikHorse}
{Cabd, Not_Mafia}
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 109, Cabd wrote:
In post 108, Not_Mafia wrote:Yeah I don't like those reads
You don't have to!
I do if you don't want to get lynched
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

To be fair, I can understand his suspicion of me, as I rightfully walked into that. Lumping everyone else in a big pile seems like it hasn't been thought out very well though.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Either that, or he's really indecisive on anyone that isn't NM or Mylon.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Cabd »

The higher the read on the list, the more town i find it.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Cabd »

It effectively means names not listed are null, names above it are townreads, names below it are scumreads.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Explain me and Magik please
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Ah, so I was reading it backwards. I guess that happens when charts like that aren't labelled on which end is which. I'm still surprised to see me as apparently a pretty strong townread given that gap. I guess NM already asked why so asking again would be redundant, but I'm still intrigued here.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

3p survivor jester Judas
The survivor would just vote the jester and invite the jester to hammer himself for the win.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 110, Not_Mafia wrote:{TheGoldenParadox,UC Voyager}
{MagikHorse}
{Cabd, Not_Mafia}
What makes me your top scumread? What makes Leon somewhat of a scumread? Why is cabd town right after you directly challenged his readslist?
Other than the previous 2 questions, I'm liking this readslist and I'm going to put him as scumlean: because actually posting content is slightly AI of scum for NM.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

You need to flip the script friendo
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:35 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 117, MagikHorse wrote:I guess that happens when charts like that aren't labelled on which end is which.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:52 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 118, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
3p survivor jester Judas
The survivor would just vote the jester and invite the jester to hammer himself for the win.
In post 119, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 110, Not_Mafia wrote:{TheGoldenParadox,UC Voyager}
{MagikHorse}
{Cabd, Not_Mafia}
What makes me your top scumread? What makes Leon somewhat of a scumread? Why is cabd town right after you directly challenged his readslist?
Other than the previous 2 questions, I'm liking this readslist and I'm going to put him as scumlean: because actually posting content is slightly AI of scum for NM.
Asking quesions. I like this though I want to continue to see stuff from TGP
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Cabd »

Right sorry, should probably have explained that traditional bracked reads lists go from

{town}
to
{less town}
to
{scum}
with as many tiers as the author feels are needed. Will pull quotes of reasoning for my reads shortly, sec.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Hi I'm back again, but this time I don't really have much to say.

I do feel a little less strong on 3 Masons, but at the moment he and Golden are the only ones I'd actually consider suspicious.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”