mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:19 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 489, Moneybags wrote:esting happens he goes off on his own tangent. It feels very off to me.
Transcend/PP: I still agree with CoA about PP in early game. I'm not a fan of the events that have transpired but I'm not sold ju
can we seriously let someone live who has lied about their role?
plus he has done nothing town.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 351, Klick wrote:But the Flubbernugget vote is really, really bad. She gave no real indication she had any sort of read on Flubbernugget before the vote.
Note to self to go back and look on this later today. Moneybags is right that your scumreads are easy and wrong that it necessarily makes you scummy.
In post 475, Beefster wrote:Actually, you know what?

VOTE: mozamis

COA can wait.
Worst trade deal in the history of trade deals.
In post 489, Moneybags wrote:Fantastic response. What I had been seeing from you had me worried but I was very much on the fence. I feel your reply was very solid and it's cleared me of any doubts.
I know that I've been consistently suspicious of Moneybags for reasons that are almost entirely gut and probably confbias and I've been annoying about them but this makes me feel very bad.

I doubt there is one scum in Transcend/RC, but that's just a gut thing, I guess we'll see.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Moneybags »

In post 501, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 489, Moneybags wrote:Fantastic response. What I had been seeing from you had me worried but I was very much on the fence. I feel your reply was very solid and it's cleared me of any doubts.
I know that I've been consistently suspicious of Moneybags for reasons that are almost entirely gut and probably confbias and I've been annoying about them but this makes me feel very bad.

I doubt there is one scum in Transcend/RC, but that's just a gut thing, I guess we'll see.
That's perfectly fair. I wanted to try something other than "throw out accusations and see what people have to say about them". I think it's good you picked up on that as it shows you're actually paying attention. I'm also glad you've come around on CoA.

If there's no scum out of Transcend/RC, do you think their may be scum surrounding the situation at all? If so, who?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:31 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

CoA why have you vanished from this game since I showed up while posting elsewhere?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Maxous »

alright I am so f'n behind
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:21 am

Hi so f'n behind, I am RadiantCowbells
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:27 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Beefster 409 wrote:I looked over Bellaphant's ISO and realized that her first 10 posts were pretty bad. RadiantCowbells's entrance looks a bit more buddy-buddy and lighthearted than I would expect. I can see where people are coming from with the Bellaphant/RC wagon.
I can see this, but I think looks town which Beef already kinda mentioned. No fan of though. Or the Moz-RC interaction at all on page 17. The fuck's the point?

RC, you mention fluffposting is not scummy, but what exactly is the town point of doing it? Like maybe I'm wrong but I feel it clogs the thread and doesn't help hunt scum. At all. (Also late welcome, sorry!)

I like

Moz what are and ? Why does your vote seem to depend on others...? Even if you're tr-ing them and/or they are town that doesn't make them correct by default. Similarly Klick why in do you feel the need to convince Moz specifically to join an early wagon (although it's one I can support)?

Unsure what the quick RC vs Transcend tug of war feels like (T/T, T/S, S/S). I'm unsure how to read RC at this point and not a big fan of Transcend's slot but he hasn't been here for too long.

Why would you hardclaim one of the most powerful potential PRs this early especially if it's valid every night?

RC-Transcend feels like it could very possibly have at least one scum and I lean towards Transcend for the time being.
Beefster 474 wrote:Transcend gets the BOTD from me until I have a chance to ISO him. I'm not horrendously opposed to the wagon on the surface, but I need to really decide for myself.

I believe RC for now. Not sure why you'd make that claim on D1, but it's whatever.
Hmm, any specific reasons for giving Transcend the BOTD? I can see the moz sheeping.
In post 487, Transcend wrote:oh you want me to explain my reads that i've already explained lol :P HAHA XD
What reads and where? Your last few dozen posts have been 3 sentences at most. Most of them even less. reads are completely unexplained. No answer to the townread on Bella. Which is interesting considering this read flip on Bella's slot. could do with some explanation and more in depth discussion aside from "this is absymal". Future posts either have no read explanation or very briefly so.

Money still town @page 20. Move EP up to town as well.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:31 am

It's part of how I play the game. I don't see it as outside of the game in the sense that you seem to, I see it as a game relevant action the same as posting a case on someone or posting a readslist.
I think being mafia influences people in a way that extends beyond the cases they put out and engaging people in a less serious manner gives a lot of information about people's alignments.
There's also the fact that I as a player usually get scumread when I'm trying to hard push something right away because some people have collective PTSD and I prefer to ease into the game.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Maxous »

VOTE: Transcend

read the latest 5 pages and i'm fine with this.
Penguin was scummy and Transcend from what i can see is just mud-flinging to see if anything sticks and not backing up anything he's saying.

Not convinced about Bella/RC's tracker claim - as scum do know what roles are in the game - but it's not something we're gonna deal with today.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Maxous »

I will legit be so disappointed if Moneybags is scum. I like his posts so much.

It's really hard for me to see HeWhoSwims as scum right now too. He comes across as very genuine in a noobish sort of way? Can't think of a better term. :neutral:
but he doesn't *seem* experienced enough to be faking it, imo. Maybe i'm underestimating him but :shrug:, i really just think he's town
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:52 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 502, Moneybags wrote:If there's no scum out of Transcend/RC, do you think their may be scum surrounding the situation at all? If so, who?
you basically said u thought transcend was scum, so why arent you voting for him?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Maxous »

trying to think of anything more to say but meh.

here's just my gut reads and feelings, fuck it

I think they're town:
HeWhoSwims, Moneybags, Klick, Flubbernugget, CultOfAthena

Haven't had an issue with:
Errantparabola

Players i'm flip-flopping on:
mozamis, Beefster

Tracker claim:
Radiant Cowbells

Under Review:
Thor665, texcat

Probably just scum:
Transcend
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 506, HeWhoSwims wrote:oz what are 388 and 442? Why does your vote seem to depend on others..
trying to get waogns. i had 4 suspects at the time, and wanted to see who i could get peoplke interested in. want to get my townbloc united, i dont want to waste my time voting texcat while thor is voting Errant or whatever, we need to be on the same wagon.
I think i see your subtext - you should always vote for your strongest scumread, regardless of other people? Maybe.. But when, on day 1, you have a lynch pool rather than really strong scum reads, then you really just want to get something going and not just stand around with your flaccid scrawny dick hanging out :P
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:00 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 511, Maxous wrote:robably just scum: Transcend
why no vote?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 am

Post by mozamis »

sorry i missed your vote
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 am

Fork, I would rather not be voting ErrantParabola today: how do you feel about Beef/Transcend?

You can also try to sway me on Flubber.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Thanks for your explanation Moz; I can definitely see where you're coming from. I'm still learning the ropes a bit I guess, and voting my strongest scumread was indeed what I'd do (although I'm really hesitant in voting usually). And yeah true you need to get a wagon at the end of the day, No lynch isn't helpful.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:09 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

@Mod

Now that I think of it, if we have no wagon of 7 at the deadline, do we get a plurality lynch or an automatic non lynch? It seems not to be in the rules.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 am

okay so i'm going to put out an early, somewhat coherent readslist since I'm sort of removed from the general play due to my claim anyway

i'm town, if you disagree i'll throw hands

CoA probably town
HeWhoSwims probably town
EP probably town

-vaguely- townreading maxous
-vaguely- townreading mozamis actually contrary to my earlier statements
-vaguely- townreading fork

now

Moneybags I do not share the general consensus on, I think that he is actually reasonably likely to be scum
Flubber I just have literally no thoughts on despite close reading

Transcend/Beefster are my two strongest scumreads for different reasons

I have no thoughts on klick/texcat but haven't really closeread them, i should do that
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 am

oh and btw there's a thing I want to point out which is sort of why I claimed anyway

the correct play mechanically is to run jailkeeper/IC/tracker. 2-shot vig and 1-shot cop are far ahead of the others in power level, though there is some argument to be made for running jailkeeper/vig BUT that would mean that scum didn't run IC which would be stupid so like if I were scum I'd have run jailkeeper/vig/IC but since there's a confirmed tracker if scum thought about what they were doing at all we're looking at tracker/jailkeeper/IC
so most likely there is a jailkeeper in this game and since scum have no PRs I can only know if I was jailkept if I am in fact tracker

which is another way of saying that the jailkeeper, if any, should flip two coins and unless both come up tails you should jail me, and since scum already know whether or not a jailkeeper exists in the setup I'm not giving them any information by hardclaiming my result at the start of tomorrow

it's genius really
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Transcend »

Fuck it

Can't be bothered with this massive wave of votes

I'm vig, destroy me if two people don't die tonight.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:55 am

Post by mozamis »

why did you cc tracker then?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Transcend »

I explained why

I'm confirmable, you don't lynch me
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:57 am

Post by mozamis »

tell me again
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:58 am

Post by mozamis »

"dont lynch me" = scum

Return to “Completed Open Games”