EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

Given that we have a Thor on our team, can we change the team name of Queue Agents to Agents of M.A.F.I.A.? All of us representing an "agent" of Shield/the Avengers in our avatar :)
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1, Ellibereth wrote:
Spoiler: White Flag
Vanilla Townie
You are aligned with
The Town
You have the power to vote. You win when all the mafia are dead.

Spoiler: Ether Normal
Welcome to Mafiosi Revolution! The game thread is here.

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have only your vote and your beautiful voice.

You win when all of the mafia are dead.

Spoiler: mhsmith0 Normal
Welcome to Team Mafia 2018, Game 3! You are a treacherous
Mafia Goon
!

Abilities

You have your voice and your vote. Use them well to confuse town and distort truth.

You may communicate with your
team
during the day as well as each night here. Your teammates are
Mafia Even-Night Rolecop
from
Who is John Galt?
and
Mafia Goon
from
DEFCON

You may also perform your factional kill each night.

Win Condition:
You win when all other factions have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Here is the game thread. Please confirm via PM with your role name and alignment

Spoiler: Invention Mafia
Mafia Goon

You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners, Team Cuddly and Serious Business.

Abilities:

For the first 4 days you may vote for a player to receive an invention.
You may vote for a player to by lynched.
Factional Communication: You may communicate with your partners during the day and night here

Win condition:

You win when your faction controls 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from happening.

The inventors mafia game thread and mechanics can be found here

Spoiler: Magical Stories
The tale of Little Red Riding Hood
There was a girl whose grandmother was deathly ill.
She was to go visit her, but not stray from the road.
She was to be careful of the wolf.
And off she goes.
Reader:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Queue Agents
Protagonist:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Little Red Riding Hood
Role:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Unfriendly Compulsive Loyal Hider
Faction:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Town
Actives

To Grandma's House

During the night, you must target someone. You will not be targettable by actions.
If you hide behind someone who is not aligned with you, or if you are targetted by a kill, you will die.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Passives

Don't stray from the road

You cannot be neighbourized. If you target someone who is not aligned with you, your action will fail.
You will win the game when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Spoiler: Magical Stories (Mobile Friendly)
Reader: Queue Agents
Protagonist: Little Red Riding Hood
Role: Unfriendly Compulsive Loyal Hider
Faction: Town
--
ACTIVES
To Grandma's House

During the night, you must target someone. You will not be targettable by actions.
If you hide behind someone who is not aligned with you, or if you are targetted by a kill, you will die.

PASSIVES

You cannot be neighbourized. If you target someone who is not aligned with you, your action will fail.

YOU WILL WIN THE GAME WHEN ALL THREATS TO THE TOWN HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED.
eddie white flag
Me in ether
mastina smith
bulba invention
thor in magic
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm okay with the above suggestion.
I basically never get PRs, and a Hider is easy street.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:47 am

Post by mastina »

Oh boy.
*cracks wrists*
I don't know who is gonna be the town in which games, but we got things rough by being scum in two of them, which means I need to write out 70 profiles given that we don't know who will be in what games, and thus, I can't skip out on anyone even our scumbuddies.

I'll do that later.

General mod meta btw for the mhsmith game: he hates cops so we can be pretty sure the town's roles are on the weaker end and are more like masons, tracker, doctor (he hates bodyguard as well I believe), and other similar no-definitive-guilty-result roles. The even-night rolecop, an okay but not super-powerful role, suggests that we're looking at ~3-4 town PRs that game--this is a Large, with three scum, when three scum is standard for 13p. Having an extra mislynch helps the town immensely, so I'd expect mhsmith to give a bit of a weaker town given that, so said PRs aren't going to be an ungated watcher or an ungated gunsmith or even an ungated Neapolitan. (Though, if there's a tracker, you can bet it's not gated.)

I'm a bit concerned with assigning me the Normal game just because it's scum--it is a reasonably well-known fact that I don't play Normal games, so people might wonder why I suddenly am playing one for Team Mafia.

I don't think I should play in White Flag, and for the same reasons I'm concerned about being in mhsmith's game I shouldn't be in Ether's game, but I'm a bit worried that people will figure out that I'm scum if I'm put outside of where I spend most of my time (that being, the theme queue).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:56 am

Post by mastina »

Also, in bee's game, I wouldn't trust it to be balanced. (Sorry bee, much love, I just am a bit particular about balance and there are very few mods I'd trust with the mechanics you're using in your game for them to NOT fuck the balance up, so it's not you specifically; I'd expect almost every mod with the mechanics of your game to fuck balance up.) Given that all three teams are goons from the onset, that means I'd anticipate it being townsided. (Any town PRs that game plus inventions mean scum be fucked. But then again, if every town player starts vanilla the inventions aren't enough and town be fucked. There are almost no mods in existence who are capable of finding a middle ground between the two and I am assuming the former is more likely.) How much so, time will tell, but that game I expect to be an uphill battle.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Hey guys

can y'all respond to the inquiry on mods having access to this PT?

thanks
FLASH OF GREEN
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:51 am

Post by mastina »

Young and Beautiful:
General notes, reigning Team Mafia champions--not to be underestimated as a result.
wgeurts
: My knowledge of him is both rusty and spotty, but he is a fairly logic-driven player. He may not fair well in a game which is heavy in spam. If we're up against him, the best approach I'd think would be to not buddy him, but be someone who he can easily agree with--not parroting him, not agreeing with him, I mean making points in a way which he can look at and think the points come from the position of a fellow town player.

T-Bone:
I lack any real recent experience with him, so I can't really say anything in particular. He doesn't play mafia all too frequently, so it might be possible to take advantage of his lack of familiarity with current site meta trends, but I'd have no way of knowing for sure and even if I did no way of knowing how to implement this strategy.

Espeonage:
Frankly I respect Espeonage's skills as a scumhunter more than I do Spiffeh's. If we go up against him, then the best solution is to just fucking nightkill him at the earliest opportunity. Failing that, I'd say that he's someone where we want to work with him as organically as we can. Let him get some reads first (as in, don't let him lock onto us), and then we can not-really-buddy him, but still work with him respectfully and with luck he won't catch on.

Spiffeh:
That having been said, I do in fact respect Spiffeh's skills as a scumhunter. He is the second-most-dangerous member of the team to be up against. His skills have rusted significantly, but my recommendation--frustrate him. It may have the side-effect of making him unlynchable, but an unlynchable Spiffeh (who we are likely to nightkill anyway) that is thrown off-balance by emotions is still a net-positive for the scumteam. Against him, then, being stubborn in a way he disagrees with is the best way to deal with him.

Aneninen:
Unfortunately, my knowledge of Aneninen is shaky at best. From my understanding, is respectably good but not quite a stellar scumhunter. I don't have an answer to what to do against Anen, but I think Aneninen is perhaps the one player I don't need a counter for, that with how the games will play out, Aneninen will be in a position where we don't need to worry too much.

eddie cane:
General notes, these players are respectably good, but only in specific conditions for the latter three.
skirt skirt:
Eddie Cane/skirt skirt is by far the undeniably best scumhunter in this group. He is competent and he is one of the only players on mafiascum who is still capable of making good solid reasons when he is providing his reads. As a result, he is a huge threat. However, he is rather prone to insulting players. We're not going to get him ejected from the game and even could we that would be a deplorable strategy to try and employ, but what we CAN do is get him emotional because when he is emotional he is compromised. His charisma can go downhill fast, especially when he is stuck with people who won't listen. Still, the best solution for him is to nightkill him.

Katyusha:
The alt of a player, undisclosed. Has proven to be reasonably competent, but is still prone to moments of weakness. The largest threat I see is if Katyusha draws a role, since she likely gets most mileage out of being a PR. However, even as a VT, she is reasonably competent. She isn't the highest-accuracy, or the highest-obvtown, or the highest-charismatic player, but she holds a high level in all three areas. Against her, I'd advise for high engagement. Constantly talk to her, and be involved, heavily. Not necessarily as buddying. Have whatever read feels most organic, and if you disagree with her, push the disagreements and bring the points for why. The engagement is the important part.

jjh927:
Probably the player I know the least about, he isn't very charismatic and has little stage presence, so I don't think he's very obvtown, but I believe his scumhunting is >random in hitting scum, so in that degree, the best defense against him would be to keep him around unless he has a PR, I'd think. I could be mistaken though, because of my lack of familiarity.

Transcend:
Transcend is a spammy fuck player. He is also prone to fakeclaiming as town. Like, ridiculously often. Don't believe his claims at all, and if his claims lead to anti-town results, it might be possible to push a lynch on him. However, I'd say that when it comes to Transcend, his value comes from the playerlist's familiarity or lack thereof with him. Against a playerlist who knows him, they don't care if he fakeclaims and won't lynch him. They'll call him obvtown and will sheep him no matter what. In said playerlist familiar with him, he will also be a competent scumhunter. If he's in a playerlist which isn't familiar with him, they will likely have low tolerance for his antics and we can use that to our advantage. He'll be largely ignored or seen as suspicious, and his accuracy will likely be lower. Regardless of which, he's a reasonably arrogant player (and half the time not unjustifiably so), but not particularly prone to ego-stroking. I'd advise against outright scumreading him since he's a bit prone to OMGUS, and if given the choice, buddying him is probably safer. Still, he's a player who you need to adjust your strategy to on the fly; there's little I can definitively do to plan against him.

Lycanfire:
Lycanfire is a respectably competent player, but he is prone to error. He's not the most charismatic, the most obvtown, or the highest accuracy. I'm not too concerned about him, because he's someone who is reasonably easy to either work with or deal with. The largest threat is if he's a PR, but I can't really anticipate that.

DEFCON:
General notes, kill this team with fucking FIRE. This is, by FAR, the most elite team in the whole fucking team mafia league. There's not a weak link among them. There's not a player who is less capable in their ranks. Each and every single one of them is a threat, and not just *a* threat, THE threat. Seriously.
Lady Lambdadelta:
She is nigh-impossible to lynch, she has high accuracy, and she is pretty damn charismatic. I'm dead serious, the nightkill is the best defense against her, and even nightkilling her N1 is probably too little, too late. Being stubborn is definitely your best defense here, because if you can be stubborn in an internally-consistent way which is both reasonable and yet entirely unreasonable, she will rage hard, and that will potentially throw her temporarily off-balance. Key word, temporarily. And fair warning--just because she's off-balance doesn't mean she's going to be vulnerable since her off-balance could be even MORE lethal than her being balanced, it's just that her off-balance is the only strategy I have.

Hinduragi:
A reasonably competent scumhunter. I'd think the best way to deal with him would be to try and sort him early. If you think he's not towning it up, then don't be afraid to push him. If you think he IS towning it up, then use his townness to work with him and collaborate with him. If he'll have none of it, if he scumreads your efforts, be genuine with your frustration in him not working with you in spite of you "knowing" he is town.

Hebichan:
Probably the one and only player I wouldn't kill for competency in scumhunting. Hebichan isn't a top-tier scumhunter. What she IS, however, is a top-tier obvtowner. She is ridiculously obviously town when she draws town. Don't be fooled by her early presence! She starts off looking like mislynch bait, but given enough time, her townness shows through. And if you attack her too hard early, you'll pay for it. That having been said, when her townness isn't yet showing, a little bit of light pushing in concern of her not being obvtown will go a long way.

Llamarble:
NUKE HIM WITH FIRE. My god kill die fast hard. Llamarble is a Paragon of Paragons. He is the cream of the crop in scumhunters. LETHALLY accurate, and not only is he PRECISELY on point with his reads, he NAILS dead-on the
reasoning
, and town players know it. Oh and because they know it, he is obvtown enough to be impossible to lynch. There is zero defense against him except the nightkill. None whatsoever. Nothing to throw him off, no strategy to diminish the accuracy of his reads. If we are up against him, the only way we can deal with him is via the nightkill.

Cabd:
Cabd's a well-rounded scumhunter, but is far from perfect. He's a good scumhunter and he's decently charismatic enough and he's pretty obvtown, but he's not the top of the field in any of those traits. However, he is high enough in most of them that he's still one of the largest threats we could be up against. My advise would be to work with him and heavily engage him. If you feel like he hasn't towned it up, you can show some healthy paranoia of him, but you want to not heavily push him. Approach with caution, but if you can, have a prolonged dialog with him.

Team Cuddly
: General notes, these players are mostly situational. Mostly. Most of them have their skill level depend on the circumstances, so be prepared to adapt on the fly when up against them.
RadiantCowbells:
By far the biggest threat to be up against on this team. He has "lost his edge" so to speak, in that he is far less lethal than he used to be, but he is still ridiculously difficult to mislynch (don't even try), he is still pretty damn accurate in his reads, and he is still good at convincing people. The best defense I have against him aside from an early nightkill would be to mediate your activity--don't be heavily engaged and super-active, but also don't be a lurker. Be in the middle of the road, because I've noticed a tendency from him to not look in that zone as carefully as he does the lurkers and active posters. This isn't a great defense because said tendency is only a slight one and not much of a defense if he townreads the actives and lurkers, but it's all I can think of.

Keychain:
I don't actually know much about Keychain. What I know is that Keychain is a pretty reasonable player, so I wouldn't expect to be able to mislynch Keychain and I'd be on the lookout for Keychain being charismatic. However, it might be possible to engage Keychain and work with them, such that they don't think you're a scumfuck and you can work together.

Firebringer:
Honestly what to do about him depends on how seriously he takes the game. If he goes about Team Mafia the way he normally goes about games, he is a self-sorting issue; no need to worry about him. But if he actually takes the game more seriously, he might be seen as town. His reads are hit-and-miss, some-right, some-wrong, and his charisma isn't so high, so I wouldn't be too worried about him for the most part. Could be an issue if he draws a PR though.

Postie:
I've very little knowledge about Postie. I believe Postie's a pretty competent scumhunter, but not the top of the league. Accuracy and obvtown I think are Postie's main traits, but I don't think Postie has charisma? Could be mistaken there, but for the lack of charisma, Postie's not a top concern, unless Postie becomes the town glue, holding the town together. If so, Postie needs to die to divide the town. If not, we can probably keep Postie alive.

Zachstralkita:
Another situationally-useful player. He can be obvtown or he can be someone easily lynched; he can be accurate, or he can be wildly inaccurate. He can be charismatic, or he can lack it altogether. It really depends on who he is with, if he's in a familiar playerlist or an unfamiliar one. Regardless, he's not a top concern of mine, because he can be worked with well enough.

Four down, ten to go and by god I'm out of time.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:53 am

Post by mastina »

In post 31, Ellibereth wrote:Hey guys
thanks
I've no problem with it.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Ellibereth »

You should pretend I'm still on team chesskid and give me a blurb so I don't feel left out. :P
FLASH OF GREEN
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 33, mastina wrote:
In post 31, Ellibereth wrote:Hey guys
thanks
I've no problem with it.
Ditto
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Bulbazak »

I'm good with mods having access.

As for role PMs, I agree with Eddie in White Flag. I wanted to guarantee him a town slot, and after talking to him before sign ups, I think he'd fit the best in the white flag game. I also want Thor to have a town game, so he was getting the normal or Alisae's game. As for Mastina's role, we need to listen to her and put her in one of the themes. So if she's still scum, she needs to be playing in the invention game. Other than that, I'd like to hear Ginngie's reasoning for why that distribution. I'd like to fit our players in according to their strengths and what they like playing. Personally, I like theme games as well, although I can play normal if we really need it.

I want to wait to give definitive placements until after Mastina breaks down teams, more specifically, our team. We need to use all this knowledge to our advantage.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:31 am

Post by EddieFenix »

*cracks knuckles*

Time to HUNT.
growl
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Bulbazak »

I'm looking at the magical stories role, and we need clarification on that. A cursory readthrough seems to suggest the role is essentially useless, as in you could hide behind scum and not die because your action fails. Unless the mod gives an indication that you successfully hid, then you can never use that role as a pseudo-investigative.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 27, Ginngie wrote:
In post 1, Ellibereth wrote:
Spoiler: White Flag
Vanilla Townie
You are aligned with
The Town
You have the power to vote. You win when all the mafia are dead.

Spoiler: Ether Normal
Welcome to Mafiosi Revolution! The game thread is here.

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have only your vote and your beautiful voice.

You win when all of the mafia are dead.

Spoiler: mhsmith0 Normal
Welcome to Team Mafia 2018, Game 3! You are a treacherous
Mafia Goon
!

Abilities

You have your voice and your vote. Use them well to confuse town and distort truth.

You may communicate with your
team
during the day as well as each night here. Your teammates are
Mafia Even-Night Rolecop
from
Who is John Galt?
and
Mafia Goon
from
DEFCON

You may also perform your factional kill each night.

Win Condition:
You win when all other factions have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Here is the game thread. Please confirm via PM with your role name and alignment

Spoiler: Invention Mafia
Mafia Goon

You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners, Team Cuddly and Serious Business.

Abilities:

For the first 4 days you may vote for a player to receive an invention.
You may vote for a player to by lynched.
Factional Communication: You may communicate with your partners during the day and night here

Win condition:

You win when your faction controls 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from happening.

The inventors mafia game thread and mechanics can be found here

Spoiler: Magical Stories
The tale of Little Red Riding Hood
There was a girl whose grandmother was deathly ill.
She was to go visit her, but not stray from the road.
She was to be careful of the wolf.
And off she goes.
Reader:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Queue Agents
Protagonist:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Little Red Riding Hood
Role:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Unfriendly Compulsive Loyal Hider
Faction:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Town
Actives

To Grandma's House

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Passives

You will win the game when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Spoiler: Magical Stories (Mobile Friendly)
Reader: Queue Agents
Protagonist: Little Red Riding Hood
Role: Unfriendly Compulsive Loyal Hider
Faction: Town
--
ACTIVES
To Grandma's House

PASSIVES

YOU WILL WIN THE GAME WHEN ALL THREATS TO THE TOWN HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED.
eddie white flag
Me in ether
mastina smith
bulba invention
thor in magic
switching bulba and mastina

so:
eddie white flag
Me in ether
Bulba in smith
mastina in Invention
Thor in magic

Reasoning,
Eddie in white flag: Eddie is chill as town and needs the relaxed breathing room to go through the game, with the reality of of having a kid to look after now, the extra strain of being scum won't help. Also statistically if he gets busy and it doesn't work well and he gets mislynched somehow because of it, it won't be that detrimental given that only two scum are needed to lynch while there being other town to go after as well.

Me in Ether: I need a town PM because since I'm in college now I can't give that focus, or really I might be able too but I feel it'd be weak. Generally as town I've been having a lot more success so trying to scum it up would be difficult as I have very little experience, so sticking to what I'm best at will work out to my strengths.

Bulba in smith: I respect Bulba's play also considering that he's developed a method to play the same in each game, so I trust a red PM in his hands. Even if he goes down I don't doubt that he'd have the game set up for his teammates to pull the win through and he can handle himself in all aspects of mafia.

mastina in Invention: This one is actually a better idea after reading ya'll remarks as not only does it give us an autowin with mastina, but like it's also kinda mechanically inclined which mastina can fool around with and give her more wiggle room to play. Simply put I think mastina in our squad will set up the entire game with her team so there's no problem there to worry about.

Thor in Magical, I have very little experience but I do remember researching him for Surreptitious game that ended recently and he IC'd a lot so that tells me he has a respectable level of play. I'm more inclined to give him a town PM when I'm not super familiar with his meta strengths but he seems to like the magical PM so we should be good there.

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Bulbazak »

I'm good with that. I came into this knowing I wanted to give town PMs to Eddie and Thor, and establishing our strengths and strategy early on will be key.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 38, Bulbazak wrote:I'm looking at the magical stories role, and we need clarification on that. A cursory readthrough seems to suggest the role is essentially useless, as in you could hide behind scum and not die because your action fails. Unless the mod gives an indication that you successfully hid, then you can never use that role as a pseudo-investigative.
Not useless assuming scum lack a strongman--it makes a good bulletproof, which means we need a team member in the slot likely to actually be shot, and I do think Thor is the player who most aptly fits that description. :P
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

FLASH OF GREEN
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by mastina »

Anyway, am back now, so...

Relaxed Nature:
This entire team is what I'd call a "support player" team. None of these players are leaders; they are all followers. However,
that having been said
, they are really, really COMPETENT followers in that they know when to do what.
Aristophanes:
If he posts often, he'll be obvtown. He won't really have good reads, so he's not a threat, but we want to engage him if he does post frequently, such that if he sheeps someone, it's more likely to be a scum player.

Something_Smart:
Not precisely a sheep-player, Something_smart
does
take some initiative, but I actually think he's strongest when he's not forced to lead. For that reason, a good way to deal with him would be to force him to lead. :P But failing that, work with him. He's got reasonably good reads, but lacks in charisma, and isn't exactly obvtown, but given his good reads, still not someone we want to deal with, so if we do have him, we want him on our side.

Aeronaut:
I actually know more about his scumgame than his towngame so I have to say I'm not too familiar with him, unfortunately. I don't think he's particularly stellar in any of the three fields, but I can't confirm that with my limited experience, so I don't know what to do. I'm not too terribly concerned about going up against him, tho.

Gamma Emerald:
Gamma's a pretty run-of-the-mill mafia player. He's neither terrible nor exceptional. He's reasonably competent, but not to the degree where he's a top threat. Against him, I don't think we'll have much of a problem, because he's not someone who by himself is much of a threat.

Fro99er:
By far the most threatening player on the team, by virtue of Frogger's main strength. He is ridiculously good at being the town glue. He binds the towns together, preventing them from falling apart, uniting them. He might not unite them onto a scum player, mind you, but town cohesion (even wrong) is still something we as scum cannot afford, so if we're up against him, we do in fact need to nightkill him at some point.

God Save the Black Goo:
General notes, these players are oldies. As in. These players are all people who have played in Oldie Mafia games, veterans who use the older ways, the "good" methods. These are geriatric players who are better than geriatric players. They were all top of their field back in the day. They may be vulnerable to culture shock of the site meta shift, in that back in their days spamposting wasn't a thing, but if they are capable of adjusting, they will be one of the toughest teams to be up against.
Cogito Ergo Sum:
CES was back in the day one of the most elite scumhunters of elite scumhunters. His skills may have rusted, but I don't want to take the risk because I'm sure that his competence has not faded to such a point where he is no longer a problem. He's one of the top kill priorities. His style of posting is highly minimalistic, succinct and to the point, but he delivers solid reads, with solid content, so mislynching him's not likely and it's possible he'll get followed easily. Best solution, the nightkill. Second-best-solution, drown him out with enough noise that his voice makes little difference.

Fenchurch:
I actually don't know much about Fenchurch. To my memory, Fenchurch was a reasonably competent scumhunter, but not the highest-tier scumhunter. Decently charismatic in getting people to work together, but not exactly obvtown and not having the best of reads. For this reason, I wouldn't be concerned unless Fenchurch is literally preventing the town from collapsing in on itself. Potentially mislynchable, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Patrick:
I similarly am too rusty in my knowledge of Patrick. He's got a fair chance of being a competent scumhunter, and he may provide good reasoning, though I don't know how town he'll look. Someone to keep an eye on, but only if the game is heavy in the older style of players, I'd guess.

ChannelDelibird:
Pretty reasonably balanced scumhunter all-around. Not the highest in any field, but high in every field. I'd place him on about the Cabd level of skill/threat, in that he's someone we do want dead reasonably early on, though circumstances may dictate he's not the best kill. We'll need to pay attention.

Primate:
By my memory, the weakest link in the team...but by far not a weak link. By which, I mean, to my memory he was more often lynched than any of the above players, but that doesn't mean he's mislynch bait. He's still pretty logical, with decent reads and a decent chance of showing himself to be town, though I doubt he'll be leading the town. He's more of a passive background player to my memory. Probably the largest threat is if he's a PR.

Make Papa Proud:
These are players who are all high-caliber town players, but wouldn't quite make the list for HIGHEST-caliber players in my opinion. Still, though. This is a team without a weak link. This is a team which is well-rounded, and capable of playing with any playerlist. This is a team with no weaknesses at all, really, and many strengths. Their strengths aren't as strong as the HIGHEST-caliber players, but even the HIGHEST-caliber players have weaknesses; this team...doesn't. For that reason, as a whole, this team might be the biggest threat, actually.
Errantparabola:
Errant's pretty good at looking town and decent at explaining himself, but while his reads are reasonably accurate, he's not exactly what I'd call a pinpoint-accuracy scumhunter and he's not exactly the most charismatic, either. Still, I'd say he's dangerous for his ability to present plausibilities we'd rather not come to light. Early kill, albeit maybe not earliest.

Bins:
Bins is maybe a bit vulnerable to situations. Maybe emotional, maybe stress from real life. If she has any other weakness, it might be not becoming obvtown, but that is playerlist-dependent in that there are plenty of players who are capable of reading her like a book. She's reasonably competent with reads and explains them nicely, though again, how well this works depends on her playerlist.

implosion:
Of all the members on the team, implosion is probably the largest or second-largest overall threat. He is the most logical of the players, being scarily charismatic. Granted, his logic may not be on-point because his accuracy is largely unknown (but I am assuming not top-tier), however given his competency I'd still be weary. It may be possible for him to be mislynched though, because in spite of his charisma, he often lacks in the obvtown department. This would be a risky venture, though.

SleepyKrew:
Probably the player I know the least about because my knowledge of him is reasonably rusty. He doesn't play mafia that often anymore from what I know, and if he has a weakness that would likely be it. However, off of his personality, I wouldn't count on it; I think he'll quickly adjust. I'd expect him to be middle-high in competency across all fields: decently convincing (though this may be his weakest point), ridiculously obvtown, and reasonably accurate (albeit this is also likely something which he could have as weaker).

Marquis:
The reason implosion is the second-largest overall threat is because Marquis is the largest. He is an incredibly competent scumhunter, who works well with most playerlists and thus is both easily obvtowned and ridiculously charismatic. Dissonance would be my best guess as to a weapon against him; divide the town and give them no clear cohesion, and Marquis won't be able to work as well.

Chillplay Bombahskiies:
Overall scum's second-best friends, albeit with some gems.
Boonskiies:
Largely worthless and even detrimental to the town, known for pulling anti-town stunts and generally being obnoxious. People frequently have low tolerance for his shit and for good reason given what he's done. If he has any merits as a player, it'd be being obvtown (and even that's debatable) since he's neither charismatic nor accurate when it comes to being town.

Tchill13:
Boonskiies's protoge, all of the above except lacking even the possibility of being obvtown. SERIOUSLY our best friend to have in the game and will be the scum MVP if we have him.

Unabombah:
The shining gem of the team. UnaBombaH is actually a competent player all-around. He's got really good mafia instincts in just about every way and he's literally the only player on the team who I'd policy-nightkill. He's got reasonably accurate reads, enough where you don't want to risk going against him for too long. His reasoning is relatively on-point, so he's good at getting the following he needs. And he is ridiculously hard to mislynch. That being said, he is still inexperienced. He is prone to doubting his reads when he shouldn't, or not doubting them when he should, and hasn't figured out the balance between those two yet. We can probably exploit that if need be.

Srceenplay:
The second-largest threat on the team. Screenplay is a bit of a low-key player. His reads aren't really what I'd call stellar, but they're not terrible, either. He's not obvtown so it's possible to mislynch him, but when he gets into arguments, he knows how to raise good points, so he's reasonably charismatic. The main threat, however, is that of all the players on the team, Screenplay is by far the best at using a power role, and thus if he lands one we'd be at a severe disadvantage.

Dunkerdoodles:
Dunkerdoodles is actually a bit of a surprise, I've noted. He was a player I didn't think much of, but I've been watching a fair number of his games and my respect for him has grown a ton with each and every one I've seen. He's surprisingly accurate with his reads, in that he can often name most of the scumteam in any given game. However, in spite of me being impressed by this, short of him landing vig to act on those reads, I wouldn't be concerned, because while he's a great scumhunter, he is both easily mislynched and lacks charisma. (Down the road, though, I'll probably be terrified of him. Not yet though. He still needs to learn those skills, how to obvtown and how to be charismatic, before he's a threat.)

??Who is Jon Galt??
Another candidate for teams which are second-most-threatening given the overall competency of these players. However, most of them are "older" in style, and thus will have difficulty thriving in the "newer" style of gameplay.
CHESSKID3:
The biggest threat by far on the team. Really really obvtown. Really good reads. And yet in spite of being top of the field in both of those, his largest asset? Regardless of playerlist, this dude knows how to get a following. Best be a part of it. Sheep him, but not in a blind sheep way. Do so with reason and with feedback, providing your own thoughts beyond what he offers. And in spite of this. Nightkill the bastard at the earliest opportunity. He's the only one I'd say needs it.

ActionDan:
Equally as competent a scumhunter back in the day, but in the modern meta I think ActionDan has atrophied. He's also not nearly as charismatic, and may lack the obvtown. I'd be cautious about him, on guard, especially since if he gets a PR he fucks us over, but he's more or less "kill if you can, but not the highest priority" to me.

Kagami:
If memory serves, Kagami is good with mechanics, so is a lategame-focused player. This means Kagami is not someone we're likely to face unless in the Invention game. With coordination of powers, Kagami will thus be a threat, but otherwise I don't think Kagami is an immediate concern since I don't recall Kagami being an early competent player in any of the three fields. We do want Kagami dead before lategame though.

Katsuki:
Honestly Katsuki is a wildcard. Back in the day, Katsuki was ridiculously easy to read and had ridiculously good reads, but lacked the charisma to push them through. Nowadays, it's hard to say if those traits still remain. For that reason, not the highest priority, but still someone we want dead especially if Katsuki is a power role.

Smocaine:
Just about the only player on the team I don't really hold fear of. Smocaine is not a people person. He is not someone who meshes well with most individuals. He is not seen as obvtown, he does not have high-accuracy reads, his best asset is convincing people and even in that field he isn't the strongest. Is he necessarily weak, no, but he's not someone I'm too concerned about. Once more, the main threat is if he gets a power role, but otherwise, I wouldn't count on him hurting us.

Serious Business:
These are all players I'd rate at reasonably high levels of skill...but not being immediate concerns. They're all endgameable. They're all mislynchable. They're all nightkillable, sure, but we won't get the chance to nightkill any of them given the other players we'll be up against, so we'll have to deal with them via dayplay.
northsidegal:
Probably the player I know the least about. In fact I actually don't know anything.

GuiltyLion:
Also a player I don't know much about. I know enough to know he's reasonably competent in reads and reasoning (charisma), but I don't think he's high enough to actually be threatening in those fields, and he's not someone who I'd peg as obvtown to most town players' eyes.

Kmd4390:
The player I'd deem the most threatening on this team, he's the one who'll have the highest accuracy in scumreads. However, he's rather abysmal when it comes to charisma, and in terms of being obvtown he's hit-or-miss. For that reason, unless he lands a PR, I'm not too worried about him. Still, he's someone we'll want to test the waters with. If he looks town, work with him; if he doesn't look town, push him as a mislynch.

Mathdino:
More of a mechanics-driven player from what I remember, that's probably his main merit. Against him, I don't think we'll have much of an issue. I'll let you know if this changes.

davesaz:
The weakest link in the team, davesaz is often mislynch-bait. He's not the most accurate of scumhunters nor the most charismatic. I mean, he's not terrible in either field, but he's simply not stellar enough in those regards to be a threat by himself, so I'm not worried about him. We'll have to see if we can mislynch him though.

Dandy Irate Hoes brought to you by MATI energy:
These players are all pretty competent and thus, threats. I don't really have any strategy for dealing with them, actually, because they're too good for it. I want them dead via nightkill soonish if we roll against...well, basically any of them.
Cheetory6:
Dude's literally one of the best town players on the site if not THE best. By which, I mean, of all the players in existence, he probably has the highest overall level of all three fields: accuracy, obvtown, and charisma. His accuracy is probably the weakest of them, but it is not weak; he is able to work with almost any player and he is always able to make himself look town. Not someone we want to go against long-term so we need him dead early.

XRECKONERX:
Reck's someone whose skills have largely atrophied. Back in the day he'd be at the absolute top of the nightkill list. Nowadays, he's still reasonably competent, but for the most part, if I had to guess, he just doesn't care as much in mafia games. He's got a life, and that life is more important to him than playing mafia. Because of that, as a player he tends to not be obvtown and his accuracy is hit-or-miss, with him not really even bothering to try and convince people. If this is the Reck we're up against, I'm not too worried...but that having been said. There's also the chance that Reck actually pours effort into Team Mafia. And if he brings the fire, if he actually tries, then the Reck of old is someone we'll want dead fast.

hiplop:
hiplop is another town glue player. He's not the most accurate of scumhunters. He's not the most charismatic or the most obvtown,
per se
, however, he is RIDICULOUSLY good at getting towns to work together. He creates town cohesion, and that's something we cannot afford to keep around.

Thestatusquo:
Shea is an ass, but he's often
right
in his points when being an ass. (As in, he's justified in being an ass.) By which, I mean, he is respectably competent and accurate, and maybe even charismatic. The main weakness I'd think would appear is maybe his attitude, but even there I wouldn't count on it. He's someone who we probably don't want to deal with for too terribly long, and we want to avoid getting into a prolonged fight with him. It might be possible to drown out his contribution by spamming though.

Radja:
The player I know the least about on this team, he's someone who to my memory is reasonably well-rounded in all fields, but not the top in any of them. Probably a threat if he lands a PR, and a decent lategame nightkill, but not an immediate concern of mine. May or may not be mislynchable; we'll have to see.

Backhanded Remarks:
These are youngsters for the most part. As a result, not very threatening with one or two notable exceptions.
Elena Fisher:
A bit of a middle-of-the-road player, someone who knows a ton of people and is decent at playing, but not impossible to fool and mislead. Not a top priority for nightkilling. Could be mislynched, though it depends on how many players know her.

Dunnstral:
One of the notable exceptions, Dunnstral is situationally competent. He is sometimes super-accurate, sometimes super-inaccurate, mostly in the middle. He is sometimes super-charismatic, sometimes has the charisma of a brick, and mostly in the middle. He is sometimes impossible to mislynch, sometimes mislynch bait, and often in the middle. He's also pretty good at mechanics, which is arguably his main universal asset. Not a top priority, unless the sometimes-top tendencies exist (which will happen if he gets a playerlist who knows him).

gerryoat:
gerryoat as town is mislynch bait. The main thing which stops him from being mislynched is the knowledge of how ridiculously easy it is for him to be mislynched as town and how his scum self is usually vastly different. He is not a competent scumhunter nor a charismatic one, so I'm not concerned about him.

Chara:
On the other hand, Chara is this team's star player by far. Chara as town becomes ridiculously obvtown, and is reasonably good at explaining its reads. Though not necessarily accurate, is reasonably good at working with most town players, making it a threat. If we can spare the kill, a good use of one. If we cannot, then we'll have to make sure we are among the players working with Chara.

BigYoshiFan:
Probably the player I know the least about, in my experience BYF is a bit mislynch baity, not really that competent in either accuracy or charisma, though his reads are probably the best of his three merits. Someone who's middle-of-the-road overall from what I'd say.

Spam Squad:
The name says it all; these will be our scum MVPs.
LicketyQuickety:
The dude tries so hard, but he gets...off-track so easily. So easily letting emotions get the better of him. So easily going off on tangents. He's often mislynched, he's often wrong in reads, he's not often charismatic. He tries to improve, but he just keeps on focusing on all the wrong areas and whenever he finds a right one...it's not too difficult to send him back into the wrong areas. This is what we'll use if we're against him.

Creature:
Of all the players on the team, the largest threat. Creature is known to essentially sabotage his scumplay in favor of his townplay. The difference between his towngame and scumgame is night and day, so he is unlynchable when town. He also has pretty accurate reads...however. He is absolutely. Utterly. Completely and totally. ABYSMAL. At getting people to follow him--such that in spite of being obvtown and accurate, he is not a threat in most situations. If we can spare a nightkill, sure, yeah, take him out, but he's not a priority.

Mulch:
Dude has an attitude problem like no other. He is one of the most arrogant players in this entire list and believes himself to be better than basically everyone, ranting about his way's superiority. Depending on the playerlist, he is either obvtown or the D1 mislynch because of how often people take umbrage with his approach. His reads are often accurate, but he isn't charismatic enough for it to actually be threatening. He rants, he raves, but the more he shouts that the scum players are scum, the less people are inclined to actually believe him. For that reason, an asset, not a threat.

sheepsaysmeep:
A spamposter who is pretty low on all fronts in terms of accuracy, obvtownness, and charisma. If any is higher than the others, it'd be obvtownness, but sheep is not a threat in any sense because sheep is just not matured enough as a player to know yet what should be done in a game and what is important in a game.

UC Voyager:
Basically everything I said about sheep applies to UC Voyager, the difference being that UC Voyager is a bit "older" in terms of site experience (albeit being younger in real life than sheep if I recall correctly?), so he's at least made the most basic of efforts to recognize his flaws...but unfortunately, he's a long, long, long, LONG ways' off from actually getting it right. I don't know what his strengths would be, but while he'll eventually get better if he keeps at it, right now I'm not concerned about him.

15 Sauciety:
These are mostly good players, but I'd rate them as middle-high, not absolutely high.
Sauce:
Total unknown to me; I have no idea who this is.
Almost50:
Move aside, Titus. Someone is much more fitting for the title of "moonlogic". :P By which, I mean, Almost50 is completely and totally utterly insane in his processes and reasoning. He often is prone to missing vital pieces of information and thus miscalculating, and even when he does have it all, he has a poor grasp of Occam's Razor in mafia games. That being said, he is still someone capable of recognizing situations we'd rather not have town recognize, he's just seen as a lunatic for it. Not a threat by himself, but a threat if he has an aide. To mitigate the chances of this, best to work with him but not in an immediate buddy-buddy way. He's reasonably competent at mechanics, but that can also be his downfall if you get him overly focused on them instead of scumhunting.

CheekyTeeky:
Probably the player on this team most threatening. CheekyTeeky is a player I'd say is reasonably high in accuracy and may be decent in both terms of obvtowning and charisma. That being said, CheekyTeeky is not immune to being mislynched, and if push comes to shove, this is probably the route we'd take if up against them.

momo:
Probably the least-threatening member of the team, momo is pretty unremarkable and is right at home with the spamposters apparently, making him another scum asset.

Toranaga:
If not CheekyTeeky, the most threatening player on this team. He's a bit of an ass, but his reads are >random by a significant margin and he's reasonably competent when it comes to convincing others. His weakness I'd say is that he isn't obvtown and thus can be mislynched, but even there I wouldn't count on it. To deal with him, I'd use genuineness as your weapon. Use the truth, but bend it to your advantage. If you can give a sincere-sounding tone, then he will probably townread you. AtE if it's done well probably wouldn't hurt, either. But I do stress the need for this to be GENUINE and SINCERE and REAL. If you fake it, he'll catch it.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Ginngie »

girl you're something else :P

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 44, Ginngie wrote:girl you're something else :P
I only look impressive. Come the actual game most of these get thrown out the window. They're the first rough draft of a plan, they take a backseat to the actual game evidence as I observe it. I make predictions; those predictions aren't always accurate and the moment I get an inaccurate one, I need to adjust the whole model.

You're assuming me in the invention game is an autowin but it really isn't especially depending on my ability to get invested as scum and be genuine. I won't know until I'm there and see what players I'm with as a team and up against and that makes a difference in whether I'm genuinely amazing or just someone who looks awesome yet when the cards are on the table is shown to have bluffed an all-in with deuce-eights. :P
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 34, Ellibereth wrote:You should pretend I'm still on team chesskid and give me a blurb so I don't feel left out. :P
I FEEL LEFT OUT
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

worst part of running this thing is I can't play

alas

the burden i must bear
FLASH OF GREEN
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I would really like that level of analysis done for our team as well, if only so we know what potential weaknesses need to be shored up.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by mastina »

Our team of scumfucks:
My name says it all. We're built for playing scum, not so much for playing town. None of us are, per se, bad players as town. In fact, some of us excel at it, perhaps even more than as town. But the simple fact is, we're a team who is built around strong scum players that are weaker as town.

EddieFenix:
Life will probably be getting in the way and his V/LA will cause him to be more easily distracted. Furthermore, given the setup, if the scum can keep a member from being lynched, then he's not as threatening because he is at his most effective when he has a scumflip. Most of the people who would work well with him are part of his own team, and thus, cannot be assigned to the same game, meaning that teamwork might be a problem. He's reasonably accurate and gives reasonable reads and is reasonable at being town, but he doesn't excel in any of the fields to such a point where he'd be the top threat and it is possible to beat him in any of them--slip through his gaps, get people to not work with him, and mostly (and critically), mislynch him.

Ginngie:
She can be obvtown really easily, but her main asset for vouching is mastina, her partner. She's really, really, really active in games--active to a fault, even; her activity is both her greatest strength and largest weakness. She requires a high level of engagement. Give it to her, and she'll be vulnerable to being pocketed. Her reads aren't as accurate as ideal, but she's still >random. The danger she poses is in her charisma. Work with her and be on her side, and she'll help, but frankly is the triple threat of the team and the only one I'd policy-kill on the spot.

Bulbazak:
Reasonably competent scumhunter, who is good at explaining himself, but he's not exactly a people person, vulnerable to insulting players. He is also using a more archaic style of posting: he tends to wallpost, and it is reasonably easy for a more "spammy" playerlist to ignore the walls because they're too much reading. Against him, it'd be easiest to exploit these traits by making him be alienated from the playerlist. However, that having been said, he's probably not a top-priority threat.

mastina:
She's not nearly as good as people think she is, especially not as town. Her competency is situational. If she is in a playerlist she synergizes well with, you can expect her to do reasonable well, but otherwise, she will do poorly. She is stubborn, she is easy to ignore, basically the one thing she has going for her is often being obvtown...yet her attitude issues nullify that such that people wouldn't mind getting rid of her anyway just off of how incompetent she is.

Thor665:
Thor is about as archaic as the Norse god his namesake comes from, but not in a bad way. Sometimes, the "good ol' ways" are just better, and that applies to him. He is not dead on the money accuracy-wise, but his reads are still ridiculously accurate more often than not. He can be mislynched, but don't count on it because he is often strong enough a player to not fall; he is also ridiculously good at reasons which he uses with pinpoint precision. Second only to Ginngie in level of threat, maybe even her equal.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”