Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by Marquis »

Postie (Team Cuddly)

wgeurts (Young and Beautiful)
Lycanfire (eddie cane)
Llamarble (DEFCON)
Gamma Emerald (Relaxed Nature)
Cogito Ergo Sum (God Save the Black Goo)
Marquis (Make Papa Proud)
Tchill13 (Chillplay Bombahskiies)
EddieFenix (Queue Agents)
ActionDan (Who is John Galt?)
Thestatusquo (Dandy Irate Hoes brought to you by MATI energy)
Dunnstral (Backhanded Remarks)
LicketyQuickety (Spam Squad)
momo (Sauciety)

northsidegal (Serious Business)

rn
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Marquis »

We're already at page 2 keep it coming!

Oh and there's me
link in bio
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 23, northsidegal wrote:i didn't believe that he really found something, hence my saying that his entrance was forced (kind of like how your questions feel).
Okay, and the scum motivation behind him lying about having found something is what?
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 27, Postie wrote:
In post 23, northsidegal wrote:i didn't believe that he really found something, hence my saying that his entrance was forced (kind of like how your questions feel).
Okay, and the scum motivation behind him lying about having found something is what?
he forces a read to a) pretend like he's generating useful content and b) stagnate things by ending rvs early. moreover, i think in general a forced entrance like that is just more likely to come from self-conscious scum than from town. that's not to say that i believe that he's necessarily scum or that any of those were necessarily his strategy – just that i think it's likely enough to warrant moving my vote while we're still in rvs.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Marquis
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Marquis »

Lol someone's projecting
link in bio
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 1.2

Postie(2)
~ Llamarble, ActionDan

northsidegal(2)
~ Postie, Marquis
Marquis(1)
~ Dunnstral
Llamarble(1)
~ northsidegal

Not Voting (9): wgeurts, Lycanfire, Gamma Emerald, Cogito Ergo Sum, Tchill13, EddieFenix, Thestatusquo, LicketyQuickety, EddieFenix

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-04 21:00:00)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Llamarble »

25 Offends me, but that's not why Marquis is scum #2
I'd probably have forced something, but then there were 4 scumtells in a 3 post ISO.
Is that density even beatable? "Honestly this is the first post where's the spam I was pregamethreadwatching for" might do it?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by Marquis »

I'm town guys, bet
link in bio
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 28, northsidegal wrote:he forces a read to a) pretend like he's generating useful content and b) stagnate things by ending rvs early. moreover, i think in general a forced entrance like that is just more likely to come from self-conscious scum than from town. that's not to say that i believe that he's necessarily scum or that any of those were necessarily his strategy – just that i think it's likely enough to warrant moving my vote while we're still in rvs.
Did you think that no one would question him or did you think that he was banking on never having to explain himself? I'm not really following.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Also, we should probably lynch one of the players who has already posted today.
Ooh that makes me sound like scum trying to look town by narrowing the lynch to a small pool I belong to.
Or maybe I'm scum trying to protect my buddies because I'm a known unlynchable!
We should probably do it anyway.
TOWN:
Llamarble

Northside
ActionDan
Dunnstral - possibly first page bussing yay!

Marquis
Postie
:SCUM
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Marquis »

For the record nsg is scum-tryharding as opposed to postie town-tryharding. The difference is in the reactiveness (?) or general gist of that
link in bio
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 32, Llamarble wrote:I'd probably have forced something, but then there were 4 scumtells in a 3 post ISO.
Is that density even beatable? "Honestly this is the first post where's the spam I was pregamethreadwatching for" might do it?
My team got me hyped for the start -> I went to make a cup of tea before gamestart but it took longer than expected; I thought people would be as hyped as me and I'd miss RVS spam -> got here 15 minutes after game start and no one had posted

I don't understand what you're saying.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 35, Llamarble wrote:Also, we should probably lynch one of the players who has already posted today.
Ooh that makes me sound like scum trying to look town by narrowing the lynch to a small pool I belong to.
Or maybe I'm scum trying to protect my buddies because I'm a known unlynchable!
We should probably do it anyway.
TOWN:
Llamarble

Northside
ActionDan
Dunnstral - possibly first page bussing yay!

Marquis
Postie
:SCUM
Please hold as I forward you to a representative
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Marquis »

Never mind the representative was useless.
link in bio
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 34, Postie wrote:Did you think that no one would question him or did you think that he was banking on never having to explain himself? I'm not really following.
where are you going with this? yeah, he probably would explain himself eventually. i expected the explanation to be "i forced a read to get us out of rvs". none of this factored into my decision in the slightest.

things fall apart
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Marquis »

I'm just going to say flat out that I'm going to feel relatively useless for a good bit as I first try to look at unexplainable intangibles and then attempt to default to meta reading people and from there fail because I don't really know anyone here at all and didn't have enough initiative to make a switch in pregame.

The representative is still not helping but is trying to help even though I feel guilty
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by Marquis »

Not liking how nsg solely focuses on the postie responses and that feels solid enough to go off of.

Would also like to know whose teammates are reading this game and whose are likely to give input d1
link in bio
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 40, northsidegal wrote:
In post 34, Postie wrote:Did you think that no one would question him or did you think that he was banking on never having to explain himself? I'm not really following.
where are you going with this? yeah, he probably would explain himself eventually. i expected the explanation to be "i forced a read to get us out of rvs". none of this factored into my decision in the slightest.
Would you not have believed that explanation? If not, why not?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Postie »

Put it this way:
If you believe Llamarble hasn't found anything and is fishing for reactions, it makes sense to help him out by voting me or pretending you know what it is or even just staying quiet and letting things play out.
If you believe Llamarable really believes they've found something obvscummy, the logical thing to do is to ask what it is, in case it actually is something that makes sense.
You did neither or these things and instead instantly assumed he couldn't have found anything and attacked him for it. In what world does that make sense? In one where you know he can't have a good reason, because you know I'm town.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by Llamarble »

That last sentence and "representative" shenanigans are why Marquis is scum.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 42, Marquis wrote:Not liking how nsg solely focuses on the postie responses and that feels solid enough to go off of.

Would also like to know whose teammates are reading this game and whose are likely to give input d1
so you think that i'm both tryharding and that i'm trying to coast by solely focusing on questions? :roll:
don't you think it's a little early in the game to be saying that, especially given that like four people have posted so far?

not sure if all of my teammates will be reading this game but i know a few will and will probably share their thoughts with me.
In post 44, Postie wrote:Put it this way:
If you believe Llamarble hasn't found anything and is fishing for reactions, it makes sense to help him out by voting me or pretending you know what it is or even just staying quiet and letting things play out.
If you believe Llamarable really believes they've found something obvscummy, the logical thing to do is to ask what it is, in case it actually is something that makes sense.
You did neither or these things and instead instantly assumed he couldn't have found anything and attacked him for it. In what world does that make sense? In one where you know he can't have a good reason, because you know I'm town.
what difference does it make between helping him out with his pressure on you and voting him to put pressure on him? there's nothing to say that following him is the "logical" thing to do rather than pressuing him. i assumed he didn't have anything because, looking over your posts myself, there really wasn't anything there that could reasonably be interpreted as a scumslip. sure,
maybe
being the first to the thread opening could be interpreted that way, but i put more weight into awkward rvses being scum indicative than that tell anyways.

this is really forced.

things fall apart
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Honestly is a word probably more used by scum, at least when it looks like that.
And yeah, I think scum might have their eyes on the start time a bit more particularly since we didn't have to confirm roles.
That's probably significant enough for us to prefer a lynch on one of the first-hour posters.
I don't like "where's all the spam" either. Noise is scummy (eventually).
F...first has scummy cadence too. Did we ever calculate whether ellipses are just a scumtell? Doesn't matter.
Hypemention is minor towntell but not enough to avoid lynch.

I didn't like Marquis' first couple posts either; I forgot about that.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 45, Llamarble wrote:That last sentence and "representative" shenanigans are why Marquis is scum.
Hi! I don't really believe you're scumreading me, but not in an explicitly scummy way. Partially because it feels like you're making it up as you go along as if to move things forward, but if we can move past this and let me try to read you from afar (and probably at a significant delay), that'd be great! :)

Also if I totally read this wrong, unvote Postie at least
northsidegal wrote:
In post 42, Marquis wrote:Not liking how nsg solely focuses on the postie responses and that feels solid enough to go off of.

so you think that i'm both tryharding and that i'm trying to coast by solely focusing on questions? :roll:
don't you think it's a little early in the game to be saying that, especially given that like four people have posted so far?

not sure if all of my teammates will be reading this game but i know a few will and will probably share their thoughts with me.
I think you were trying to find things where they aren't, and when directly engaged with Postie regressing to a reactive scum playstyle. These are two separate things, that I'll admit I'm still not entirely sure isn't just me throwing things at the wall for the sake of a comparatively dull game, but regardless the general vibe is scummy against a really townvibing Postie.
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 47, Llamarble wrote:And yeah, I think scum might have their eyes on the start time a bit more particularly since we didn't have to confirm roles.
I feel like this is more a product of you not understanding current MS playerbase. Which holds for the spam comment I didn't quote.

You're still laying it on and contributing to a much stronger null-because-i-want-it-to-be-null-read now.
link in bio

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”