Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@Radja: On a team with shea, Reck, hiplop, and Cheet, while you self-proclaim as one of the weakest mafia players? Hell yes I think you chose town, lol.

@skirt: I'm going off Bins's GTKAS, but last time I played with scum-Bins it did seem like she hated it sooooo

Here's the Y&B Champions Team thread.

I agree SK isn't really scum but the point is he bragged extensively about how great he WOULD BE at scum, haha. He's gonna be hard as shit to read.

My teammates are telling me to be more wary of Keychain than I'm being because she's
really
good at scum. I responded by pointing out her GTKAS says she hates scum, and with 5 games going I doubt she'd really go for the extra work.

y u no vote
sheep me bro

Edit: Good. I'm policy lynching any spammers tbh. I expect an activity level that my teammates can actually keep up with. Spamming in Team Mafia destroys town's inherent advantage.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

VOTE: almost50

theres a difference between spamming (lmfao ethers game) and posting a lot. i am a very active poster, i like to sort people with real-time interactions

also, i don't know about the italicized really, but she is good at scum yea. giga did agree keychain is good at scum, but she really doesn't like it. though, i supposed based on their team they dont have anyone i consider overly likely to pick scum. guess i wont lock town them, but they can be town for now.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by Keychain »

Transcend is three for three on reading me if you need more help and aren't just scum. And I have had scum games I've enjoyed, I should point out.

I'm interested in your Elena nullread, I'm leaning more scum there.
In post 16, skirt skirt wrote:Keychain, From Team Cuddly - we were gonna have you <3 i'll let giga meta you. newish, goodish, townish.
This is cute though <3 I don't even know you afaik!
skirt skirt wrote:Thoughts on how likely teams were to factor "will people THINK i picked town" into picking scum?
To some extent, but trying to outguess that seems like it's starting to be kind of futile. Team composition and alignment preferences are a starting point but they don't do all the work for you.
skirt skirt wrote: Does bins not hate scum? I could've sworn they said that in the paint mafia scum chat? Fair enough.
Paint 2? I didn't think either scum chat was released.

Mathdino wrote: My teammates are telling me to be more wary of Keychain than I'm being because she's
really
good at scum. I responded by pointing out her GTKAS says she hates scum, and with 5 games going I doubt she'd really go for the extra work.
You would get more information by talking
to
me. By "teammates" surely you just mean North, that sounds like something she'd say and I don't think I'm familiar with the rest of your team.
Did you do the research on my alignment preference yourself?
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I wouldn't, because you as scum are gonna answer whatever benefits you most. And yeah NSG was the one who said that.

I did the research on as many players as I could in the 30 mins before gamestart. After I posted, NSG called me out and took it up with me, lol.

Help me read skirt?
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

I'm interested in your Elena nullread, I'm leaning more scum there.
I was giving reads on all 4 people who had posted because lolcontent, they're the only one i didn't have a reason to townread.
Transcend is three for three on reading me if you need more help and aren't just scum. And I have had scum games I've enjoyed, I should point out.
This is cute though <3 I don't even know you afaik!
we've only played once and i was on an alt, we were talking in our team chat about who to get as our 5th though and you were brought up a lot. in the end you were on another team anyways. same with guiltylion, actually. i'll let transcend and giga do the you reading for me, though i don't know if trans will end up reading not-his game.
Paint 2? I didn't think either scum chat was released.
I swear I saw bins!scum somewhere recently in a scum pt saying they wanted town. Fuck.
Bins
, please clarify if I'm remembering right when you get here.
Help me read skirt?
good luck. this is a relatively recent alt, so if you want to meta me games on here work though they aren't games i'm proud of mostly. or go check out Eddie Cane.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 23, skirt skirt wrote:
In post 21, Radja wrote:I think people would expect me to prefer town but I don't think that's very true.

Skirt skirt. Which game are you referring to?
Mathdino: what are you basing my preference on? We havent played together, have we?
I don't want to say because it isn't on an alt I have released. Sorry. It was an open.
Is this your main or not?
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 30, Radja wrote:
In post 23, skirt skirt wrote:
In post 21, Radja wrote:I think people would expect me to prefer town but I don't think that's very true.

Skirt skirt. Which game are you referring to?
Mathdino: what are you basing my preference on? We havent played together, have we?
I don't want to say because it isn't on an alt I have released. Sorry. It was an open.
Is this your main or not?
This is my current main, yes. Eddie Cane is what I'm known by mostly.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Mathdino »

It would be really fkin nice if Bins released her scum PT from Switch but noooooo guess that's not happening (scumteam with Elmo and someone I forget). I got an N0 guilty on her ;_;

I'm probably not gonna metadive you. I meta newbies, open queue players, and awkward players. End of the day I lack having played with you so I'm relying on other people for this one.

I'm beginning to regret opening with the team composition spec. Kinda ruined early game.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

Yea, I agree

What do you think of everonye who's posted? I've said my stuff
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Vote:SkirtSkirt
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

VOTE: lld
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I'm withholding my patented Shitty Early Reads List for when more people have posted. 6/15 so far, could literally all be town.

I was gonna ask LLD for an explanation but knowing LLD I'm not gonna get that, am I?

Edit: smh
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 pm

In post 28, Mathdino wrote:I wouldn't, because you as scum are gonna answer whatever benefits you most. And yeah NSG was the one who said that.

I did the research on as many players as I could in the 30 mins before gamestart. After I posted, NSG called me out and took it up with me, lol.

Help me read skirt?
Thought exercise:

You and Skirt shared an interaction on Page 1 regarding pregame meta choice reads.

You had some divergence of opinions but the posts where you go more indepth on your feelings of what might be meta are essentially the same form/type of content, agree?

If so, I want you to do something for me. Go examine your post (also hi, I probably should have opened with this but you're town ftr. I'm 1000% convinced) and then examine Skirt's posting and tell me if you can identify a difference. If you can't or you would rather I show you before you saying things (given I have a town read on you, I'm fine with this), I'll explain.

But basically, I want to see if you see what I see before I bias you. Because I have a read on skirt.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:18 pm

In post 36, Mathdino wrote:I'm withholding my patented Shitty Early Reads List for when more people have posted. 6/15 so far, could literally all be town.

I was gonna ask LLD for an explanation but knowing LLD I'm not gonna get that, am I?

Edit: smh
You'd be shocked what you might get from LLD when she draws a town pm!

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

i wonder if you're going to call me out for being too agreeing or if you have something more interesting cooked up
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I'm trying to understand what you're saying but I'm seriously not getting it, so I'll just tell you what I've been thinking and you explain in full instead of leading me.

The amount of convergence that skirt and I are having is unreal, and the fact that he locked an immediate townread on me for doing Mathdino-y things was highly concerning.

Then the fact that he sheeps me and is generally super friendly with me and my logic to the point of my pointing out one detail influencing his opinion?

I think skirt skirt is scum. Wasn't gonna say anything yet. I like my vote where it is given that I have more confidence in my ability to read A50 than skirt skirt.

If you think I left something out, lemme know, but otherwise it's your turn.

Edit: GOTTEMMMMMMMM
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:24 pm

As it happens, if we're going to discuss meta, here's my current status.

I am a player who vastly prefers drawing scum over town.

Everyone knows this. I'm considered one of the best scum players on the site.

I had a recent experience in a game known as "The Deathworlders" where 1 scum was randomly selected and got to choose 2 other scum. This increased the "odds" of me being scum significantly, and I was town in that game. These are not the same type of scenarios but what they ARE is a similar perspective. Having been town in that game and constantly under the veil of suspicion, I realized that in a game like this, where my scum odds are increased, it doesn't matter what I play, I'm a bit neutralized.

So the following are my official statements:

We drew no scum PMs.
My choice of game was as follows: I felt confident playing in any game and bringing home a win, so I wanted my team mates to choose games they felt comfortable with.

Certain players on my team had restrictions based on other players or mods or types of game.

As a result I ended up taking the remainder, this game.

I am town, and suspect I will be under the lens a lot. I play to use this lens to scorch this game to an easy town win. You can work with me or get burned, either way.

This ends stupid meta conversations.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:27 pm

In post 40, Mathdino wrote:I'm trying to understand what you're saying but I'm seriously not getting it, so I'll just tell you what I've been thinking and you explain in full instead of leading me.

The amount of convergence that skirt and I are having is unreal, and the fact that he locked an immediate townread on me for doing Mathdino-y things was highly concerning.

Then the fact that he sheeps me and is generally super friendly with me and my logic to the point of my pointing out one detail influencing his opinion?

I think skirt skirt is scum. Wasn't gonna say anything yet. I like my vote where it is given that I have more confidence in my ability to read A50 than skirt skirt.

If you think I left something out, lemme know, but otherwise it's your turn.

Edit: GOTTEMMMMMMMM
I don't think the convergence that you and Skirt ended up with is that uncommon because of team group think. There are players in this game who are far higher probability to choose scum than others. (fuck, more meta bullshit talk).

No, my problem with skirt's post is tone. When you post your list, you're speaking in what feels like an affirmative tone. These percentages don't guarantee anyting, and yet you speak with authority and
CONVICTION
behind your statements.

Skirt mimics your answers, sure, and that's not nearly as big of an issue as his lack of CONVICTION in doing so. I would expect a town player to either hard agree or hard disagree when you take a stance like you did, but he kind of.... sat the fence, tonally and content wise.

Does that make sense?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

My last couple mafia games bar the most recent I got in massive arguments that made the games extremely toxic. As far as on this site goes, see Beneath the Mask (or older ones) (shoutout Mathblade). The too-friendly tell only works on garbage players, because they are typically afraid to step on toes. I'm going to be nice here, sorry. You aren't "lock town" persay, but you are the page 2 version of lock town to me yes. I agree with most of your thoughts. I sheeped you because building wagons is pro town and I hadn't placed a vote yet.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Don't know if I'm mad sad or glad that LLD's town.

But yeah, with that kind of opening, even if their team did draw scum PMs, I doubt they'd give it to LLD. That's just asking to get investigated. Plus I'd expect Llamarblescum and Cabdscum over LLDscum.

Edit: It makes sense, and I understand where you're coming from.
That said, I'm not a tone-reliant player and I'm unwilling to follow an early conviction-based wagon (or vote switch before my main man gets online). I have my own tells I use when it comes to levels of conviction as the day goes on.

Edit2: I acknowledge that you said a thing in response
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

Skirt mimics your answers, sure, and that's not nearly as big of an issue as his lack of CONVICTION in doing so. I would expect a town player to either hard agree or hard disagree when you take a stance like you did, but he kind of.... sat the fence, tonally and content wise.
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=73125
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=72998

You don't like meta, cool. Don't townread me for a lack of conviction. But, those are my most recent scum games; showing conviction and posting confidently as scum is easy, you know that as a competent scumread. Please don't scumread me for dogshit.

VOTE: A50

LLD town after further consideration.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

#SheepingMathDino
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 46, skirt skirt wrote:#SheepingMathDino
thus far this has statistically been proven to win games
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:39 pm

In post 45, skirt skirt wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=73125
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=72998

You don't like meta, cool. Don't townread me for a lack of conviction. But, those are my most recent scum games; showing conviction and posting confidently as scum is easy, you know that as a competent scumread. Please don't scumread me for dogshit.

VOTE: A50

LLD town after further consideration.
In Team Mafia it also traps you into a specific view point on the other teams and their choices. We're 5 connected games, remember?

A lot of reactions are based on position, much like poker. I feel that with regards to your position there I expect town to lock themselves in more, similar to how MathDino did.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Actually, this is important.

@skirtskirt
: Please indicate exactly how much your teammates have been contributing to your game since gamestart. Who/what/where/how.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”