Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 38, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You'd be shocked what you might get from LLD when she draws a town pm!
I'd probably be less shocked in THIS game having seen you as Town in 2 other games recently. Just don't waste your Vig shot on me on N1, OK? :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:25 am

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 136, Almost50 wrote:
In post 18, skirt skirt wrote:but iirc Chara said A50 is their scummer?
I'll probably stop arguing regarding this matter, but ask Chara if they would say they could reliably predict what I'd do had my team rolled a Scum role at all! I mean, having just won as SK I would expect investigative roles to be all over me just in case. This means it'd be suicidal for me to pick a scum role to begin with. I don't want to get into hypothetical claims, so I;m not going to ask anyone to out there target if they were Cop. Just answer it to yourself and decide if it would be wise for me to volunteer to play a Scum role to begin with.

Suffice it to say, if I was Scum and there's a Cop I'm likely caught on N1. It won't be even for anything wrong I'd do. It'd be because many players (including my own hydra p) are promoting me as a good scum player, but neglecting to say I'm also clever enough not to pick a scum role -under the circumstances- if given the choice.

I want to place KeyChain in the Town lean pile for now.
Almost Chara. I correctly towned you until CHEET.. .. .. .. That game Chara said that you were the significantly better one as scum, and that chara everyone thought was good at scum but that had no backing.

irrelevancy aside, we are past rvs so this is an unimportant path to go down. I'm policy copping lld over you if I'm a cop, no offense. you've given very little in your posts. start with what your take is on me v lld v math?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

UNVOTE:

eddie i feel like you're not playing like you normally would be
like i've seen you usually have kinda a care-free, freeflowing style kinda like me

but this game you have a lot less posts and your tone seemed to be more like precise i guess? if you get what im saying

any reason for this?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:26 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Going to answer this real quick:
In post 9, Elena Fisher wrote:How about an icebreaker question.

How much are you going to let your teams reads influence you or do you plan on going more solo?
I'm going to listen to my team mates when it comes to reads and such, and I will listen to their thoughts. However, I'll look at this game first when catching up, because otherwise we get what happened when I logged in today, and I see a ton of posts from Mastina about stuff in games without much context. So I'll probably do something along the order of {catch up with game>post>catch up with team PT>catch up with other games>reread team PT>repost in here if necessary based on PT content}.

Also, as an activity note, I post mostly from work and not as much as I used to from home. A normal work day will probably feature occasional bouts of posting when I'm at work (dependent on how busy I am), posting when I get home after catch up, and then posting sometime between 10-11 before I head to bed again. If not working, I'll be a bit more sporadic. I'm not the active user I used to be, and I'd prefer people don't spam the thread. My position on policy lynches have changed, as in I'm more for it now. I'm also going to try a bit of a more active catch up style, where the only difference will be that I'll stop to respond to something that I feel needs immediate attention during the catch up process. Mastina also tells me that I'm not exactly a people person, so I'm going to try to work on that a bit. So if I get heated later on and insult you or something, it's not personal.

Quick page 1 gut responses are that Skirt is scum and Math is town. I also got a ping on Key, but I'm not sure whether that is scum with an unnatural entrance or if he's just awkward. I'll come back to this once I'm fully caught up. For now, duty and lunch calls.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:29 am

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 152, Dunkerdoodles wrote:UNVOTE:

eddie i feel like you're not playing like you normally would be
like i've seen you usually have kinda a care-free, freeflowing style kinda like me

but this game you have a lot less posts and your tone seemed to be more like precise i guess? if you get what im saying

any reason for this?
I know exactly what you mean. I don't think team mafia is the place for my shitposting style. Nor my spam or rxn test styles. I'm trying to make sure this doesn't devolve into one of the games I get into a massive 1v1 and create a toxic gamestate, you've been in 1 or 2 games with me where that's happened recently I think. If you'll notice, I'm also trying to compile posts instead of multiposting.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

yeah ok that makes sense
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 44, Mathdino wrote:But yeah, with that kind of opening, even if their team did draw scum PMs, I doubt they'd give it to LLD. That's just asking to get investigated. Plus I'd expect Llamarblescum and Cabdscum over LLDscum.
GDI, I thought you APOLOGIZED for drawing the game down that route. You're literally planting seeds of unfounded speculation about mist everybody, and now Scum hunting will be double as hard with everyone having a preconceived idea about one player or another.

Like, even if X does something that screams Scum, people are going to try and see it as a "bad Town" move because you already told them this player is likely to pick Town. When Y is trying to town-gambit it'd be seen as a scummy move regardless bc you convinced everybody they are likely to pick Scum 9or chosen by their team to play Scum). This not only affects dat Scum hunting but also PR targets at night. I'm starting to second guess my Town lean on you for continuing to press this subject over actually Scum hunting within the thread itself.

Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 156, Almost50 wrote:
In post 44, Mathdino wrote:But yeah, with that kind of opening, even if their team did draw scum PMs, I doubt they'd give it to LLD. That's just asking to get investigated. Plus I'd expect Llamarblescum and Cabdscum over LLDscum.
GDI, I thought you APOLOGIZED for drawing the game down that route. You're literally planting seeds of unfounded speculation about mist everybody, and now Scum hunting will be double as hard with everyone having a preconceived idea about one player or another.

Like, even if X does something that screams Scum, people are going to try and see it as a "bad Town" move because you already told them this player is likely to pick Town. When Y is trying to town-gambit it'd be seen as a scummy move regardless bc you convinced everybody they are likely to pick Scum 9or chosen by their team to play Scum). This not only affects dat Scum hunting but also PR targets at night. I'm starting to second guess my Town lean on you for continuing to press this subject over actually Scum hunting within the thread itself.
yeah what he said
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 53, skirt skirt wrote:Oh, you asked Who. Just Giga and JJ. Transcend has not talked in chat and Lycan is asleep I think.
Please confirm (as my memory is failing as usual), but you were in the last Alisae game and were in the 4-headed hydra? And if so, are you Eddie Cane?

skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:06 am

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 158, Almost50 wrote:
In post 53, skirt skirt wrote:Oh, you asked Who. Just Giga and JJ. Transcend has not talked in chat and Lycan is asleep I think.
Please confirm (as my memory is failing as usual), but you were in the last Alisae game and were in the 4-headed hydra? And if so, are you Eddie Cane?
yes to both
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 54, Mathdino wrote:I'm currently toying with the idea that going out of your way to tell people "My team got all 5 town PMs" without being prompted to answer this kind of question is a scumclaim.
:facepalm:

Let me know when you decide to actually PLAY THIS GAME, so I can actually HAVE CONFIDENCE IN MY READ ON YOU, and then -if comfortable you're Town- WORK WITH YOU.

Like, let's catch SCUM IN THIS GAME, and DRAW ASSOCIATIVES like we always do. What you're doing right now is TOTALLY USELESS, because there HAVE BEEN NO FLIPS, neither in THIS game nor in any other. Last warning before I turn to tunnel mode, btw. I acknowledge I made a late entrance, so I will ignore any of your posts having anything to do with this up until the end of page 6. Do it in page 7 and/or beyond and I'll consider it a fake show from you to look like you're doing something useful.).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 59, Mathdino wrote:there's a very very large benefit for the scum teammate in saying "we got all 5 town PMs".
OK. WE GOT ALL 5 TOWN PMS. Fight me!

Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

he redacted that stuff
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

actually a50's response kinda seems like an overreaction no?
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:25 am

Post by skirt skirt »

yea dunker town
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 59, Mathdino wrote:Read the italics.

I would actually argue that for a plurality of teams, there's a very very large benefit for the scum teammate in saying "we got all 5 town PMs".

I'd rather not keep talking about it too much. Still working on that theory.

Edit: lol CDB
Actually, let me respond in a more sensible/logical way: If we rolled 5 Town I'd be saying we rolled 5 Town. If we rolled 4 Town and 1 Scum I'd still be saying we rolled 5 Town to provide cover for my teammate who is playing the Scum role. If we rolled 3 Town and 2 Scum I WOULD STILL CLAIM WE ROLLED 5 TOWN even if I was REALLY Town here for the same reason. Anyone regardless of their own role in this game (or in any of the other games) would claim they rolled all 5 Town roles (otherwise they'd be practically breaking the rules).

So, I AM TOWN, AND WE ROLLED 5 TOWN PMS. Take it or leave it.

Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

he literally said he misread the rules or something and retracted it, why are you still pushing this
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 65, skirt skirt wrote:The deep end was removed due to an elderly person drowning. It was a very sad event.
:lol:

I don't want to lynch this on D1. Moving on.

Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

dude
VOTE: a50
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

I am being wary of LLD. I mean, I want to call her a Town lean, but I'm also considering the fact she is better at Scum than Town 9and I'm NOT relating this to any probabilities. I'm just saying that as Scum she would still appear Townie enough. At least in early game.)

The thing I do notice though is she's starting to tunnel skirt, and that looks more like Town her.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 129, skirt skirt wrote:I think the best argument for "my whole team is town" being scum is thst when one of my teammates flips town I look better. I think that's what mathdinkle was getting at too.
I dunno about anyone else, but I'd be more relieved if a team member of yours flipped SCUM because ONLY THEN does it directly impact the probability of you also having rolled Scum. If TWO of your team flipped Scum I'd consider you semi-conf Town. But that's just me.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Mathdino »

Yeah this seems weird. I've very clearly been reading people based on things in-thread. Plus there are definitely scenarios where a team would outright ban a player from playing scum.

Vote stands, will justify it if anyone asks but I don't really feel like doing that rn.

Also Dunker is way town lol
"MATH IS SCUM no wait math is town shit"
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 142, Dunkerdoodles wrote:cause apparently i'm so bad my team wouldn't give me scum
Or maybe they would bc nobody would expect them to! See? This is how WIFOMy this matter is. At least for the time being.

You jumping right into the game though gives me town vibes, but it's too early to explicitly call you a Town lean. Null-Town maybe.

Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

yeah i was just repeating what eddie said earlier
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 171, Mathdino wrote:Yeah this seems weird. I've very clearly been reading people based on things in-thread. Plus there are definitely scenarios where a team would outright ban a player from playing scum.

Vote stands, will justify it if anyone asks but I don't really feel like doing that rn.

Also Dunker is way town lol
"MATH IS SCUM no wait math is town shit"
you aren't town quite yet, maybe null-leantown

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”