- Hinduragi
CheekyTeeky(1)
- xRECKONERx

Not Voting (4)
- Something_Smart, Errantparabola, Screenplay, BigYoshiFan

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-02-04 21:00:00)

Invention Vote

1-shot Hider: Target a player at night you will hide them making you immune from being targetted by night actions. However if your target is not town aligned or is killed you will die as well.

With 15 alive it takes 8 to elect a player.

chesskid3 (2)
- chesskid3, xRECKONER
RadiantCowbells (1)
- mastina
Something_Smart(1)
- Katyusha

Not Voting (11)
- Aneninen, Hinduragi, RadiantCowbells, Something_Smart, Primate, Errantparabola, Srceenplay, GuiltyLion, BigYoshiFan, Creature, CheekyTeeky
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Creature »

Also, xRECKONERx has way too many scumreads (8).
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Creature »

Assuming Errantparabola, who hasn't posted, is the null-line.
Sigh
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Reck, do you believe me that the things you scumread me for are primarily playstyle?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Aneninen
Sigh
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 294, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 279, Katyusha wrote:1. Do you think it’d be obvious if a scum!Hindu misread you? Usually in games with close friends where I roll scum I pay extra attention to how I’m reading them because there’s generally some sort of expectation they’d have of my ability to read them

2. What precludes Mastina from just being wrong then?

3. I would think having this many interactions with slots so early in the game shows that I’m scumhunting and trying to sort people? Is there something that seems fake to you about the way I’m going about things?

pedit: @reck

Tbh i’d trust your partners on creature and Hindu lol

Can you ask cheet/keely why he scumreads me? He played with me in spring fever so like he should know this is my town game lol
1. Why would scum!Hindu be misreading me? He would know my alignment. I don't think there was an expectation of me to say "Hey, I'm town, why aren't you reading me that way, Hindu?" It was just a really bold play from Hindu as scum but makes total sense for Hindu as town and right now I'd prefer to Occam's Razor and say he's town than say "Hindu's doing this weird uncharacteristically big play as scum".

2. She could be wrong, sure. But what makes it gross is that there was already a burgeoning wagon on me when she placed the vote which makes it opportunistic as hell, especially considering the reasoning is implied to be "I don't like this RVS vote".

3. Nothing seems fake or not fake. You're null. You're middle of the road right now. I don't know why you're getting so defensive. I'm not saying you're the most likely scum here, I'm saying you're not exactly at the top of either list (though my teammates disagree). Keely was reminded of the last time he played with you and said your poking here feels equally forced as it did last time.

My partners can't read Hindu and don't know him at all which is why it's null for them. You seem to be pushing hard on Hindu here, or at least trying to get me to be open to voting him. Is he your top scumread?

EDITED readslist based on partner comments

T
O
W
N
|
P
r
i
m
a
t
e
|
c
h
e
s
s
k
i
d
|
C
r
e
a
t
u
r
e
|
H
i
n
d
u
r
a
g
i
|
R
a
d
i
a
n
t
C
o
w
b
e
l
l
s
|
E
r
r
a
n
t
p
a
r
a
b
o
l
a
|
S
r
c
e
e
n
p
l
a
y
|
G
u
i
l
t
y
L
i
o
n
|
B
i
g
Y
o
s
h
i
F
a
n
|
K
a
t
y
u
s
h
a
|
m
a
s
t
i
n
|
S
o
m
e
t
h
i
n
g
_
S
m
a
r
t
|
A
n
e
n
i
n
e
n
|
C
h
e
e
k
y
|
S
C
U
M
1. Right but your point is that he's avoiding an easy mislynch in your early game by defending you. I'm trying to understand why that's specifically town motivated to you when I don't see it as a bold play, especially if you're familiar with each other. fmpov i dont think calling you obvtown from that interaction makes a lot of sense if he thinks you're capable of that as scum either and i'm trying to see how you and anenien feel about that

2. Point about opportunism is fair but the read from a single rvs vote feels more like a mastina tell than not

3. I'm not defensive, I'm trying to understand why I'm null because I find that particular read strange. I guess Keely hasn't played enough with town me to know this is how i usually sort people - I really do think that I'm out of my scumrange btw but thats mostly because i started picking up on my tells and i kind of have a tough time avoiding them

Do you think my questioning is forced though?

Hindu isnt my top scumread btw, check my vote. I think it's possible he flips scum here though but theres probably only one scum in hindu/you/anen so I want to understand the three of you better
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:36 am

In post 305, Katyusha wrote:theres probably only one scum in hindu/you/anen
This is a bad thing to say early on.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:36 am

Post by Creature »

Thoughts on xRECKONERx having 8 scumreads?
Sigh
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:38 am

It's easier as town to find things to scumread than it is to find things to townread.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 306, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 305, Katyusha wrote:theres probably only one scum in hindu/you/anen
This is a bad thing to say early on.
It’s far from set in stone, their interactions just don’t feel svs to me at the present
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 307, Creature wrote:Thoughts on xRECKONERx having 8 scumreads?
I think a lot of them are nullreads tbh?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:40 am

Null-scum presumably.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Creature »

Still that's a lot of null-scum.
Sigh
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:46 am

Post by Katyusha »

elect: hinduragi

had a change of heart and I’m probably gonna Trust The Doggo on SS
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 303, Something_Smart wrote:Reck, do you believe me that the things you scumread me for are primarily playstyle?
I don't really care about self-meta.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 307, Creature wrote:Thoughts on xRECKONERx having 8 scumreads?
It was binary: they're either town or scum, no in-between. At least 2-3 of each side of those reads were null.
green shirt thursdays
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:54 am

In post 314, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 303, Something_Smart wrote:Reck, do you believe me that the things you scumread me for are primarily playstyle?
I don't really care about self-meta.
That's not an answer.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:58 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't understand. I'm saying I didn't buy RC's explanation.
That was also prior to Shea or Keely being online. They've since both confirmed that Cabd and RC have major problems with each other and that it's not bullshit. Keely notes however that RC's expectation that Shea/Keely would've already briefed me on that note is "skeevy".
In my team we had most of the team except for Keychain who was busy tramping around talking about all the playerlists as soon as they went up so from that perspective it does seem weird that you didn't notice my switch. Obviously our personal situations don't align with everyone's on your team but I don't think that there's anything skeevy about my reaction.
In post 226, xRECKONERx wrote:man i have such a hard time believing Spiffeh actually truly with his heart of hearts thinks I'm scum for reading the RC swap as bullshit before I had teammates online to give context

like i am REALLY having a hard time swallowing that

@Anen can you ask Spiffeh why he's shit pls :( i need good stronk town spiffeh here to talk you off the ledge
I don't think it's at all difficult to believe: it's not exactly uncommon knowledge. At the very least you choosing to pick a fight with me and say that you don't believe me without doing anything to verify my claim feels like you're not actually interested in an explanation but are instead looking for a reason to push on me.

That said I don't want to start overcommitting to reads before I've had some time to let the game play itself, so if you're town feel free to show it.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 305, Katyusha wrote:1. Right but your point is that he's avoiding an easy mislynch in your early game by defending you. I'm trying to understand why that's specifically town motivated to you when I don't see it as a bold play, especially if you're familiar with each other. fmpov i dont think calling you obvtown from that interaction makes a lot of sense if he thinks you're capable of that as scum either and i'm trying to see how you and anenien feel about that

2. Point about opportunism is fair but the read from a single rvs vote feels more like a mastina tell than not

3. I'm not defensive, I'm trying to understand why I'm null because I find that particular read strange. I guess Keely hasn't played enough with town me to know this is how i usually sort people - I really do think that I'm out of my scumrange btw but thats mostly because i started picking up on my tells and i kind of have a tough time avoiding them

Do you think my questioning is forced though?

Hindu isnt my top scumread btw, check my vote. I think it's possible he flips scum here though but theres probably only one scum in hindu/you/anen so I want to understand the three of you better
1. Hindu and I haven't played together in years. The last time Hindu knew me or played w/ me, I was pretty dominant. Therefore, if Hindu was scum and saw me as town (especially since I came out so strongly asserting myself with the RC situation) I don't see him stepping up to stop a push on me when he could've just let me continue to duke it out with RC endlessly. If he was town, I don't know what he'd do. If he was scum, I would expect him to stay back and let the fight continue without hard town reading me. Ergo, I think he is not scum. It's pretty simple logic to me.

2. I do not care about mastina's history or playstyle or tells or meta. It's dumb and bad and I won't abide it.

3. I think expecting people to know you're obvtown because you think you're obvtown is a futile, pointless endeavor that just lets to ego masturbation. I don't care if you think we SHOULD know you're town by now because of your meta. I don't give a fuck about self-meta. I think your questioning is null, personally. Easy to be either alignment.
green shirt thursdays
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:00 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 217, chesskid3 wrote:hey cheeky what level of consultation was made with team before this

more from a pC

Zero. Why is there someone on my team who knows how to read you?
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:04 am

Post by Katyusha »

Raybells do you think it makes sense to nullread me in this gamestate

pedit:

1. meh, I don’t feel that Hindu did much to really abate scumreads on you but I suppose that’s my position as a neutral observer. Your logic at least makes sense

3. It’s not that I expect you to find me obvtown (even if I think I probably am) it’s just I have a lot of content and not really having a stance one way or another seems off to me - you even mentioned that’s why i’d be easier to read with flips
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:06 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

S_S's self meta is accurate but doesn't make him town. If I had to lock him into a read I would say town
Mastina's reason for townreading me is shit but I'm getting deja vu and I feel like I've been in this exact position with her before and she's been town.
I think that CK3 is a lot likelier scum than a lot of the people currently getting wagoned but I don't want to commit to that
Reckoner pissed me off so I don't trust my read there right now and will go back to it later.

No comment on Cheeky at this time

If RC/Adenine/Creature/Katyusha/Mastina are all town then we're 3 short of poe
Raybells do you think it makes sense to nullread me in this gamestate
Coming from who? I certainly don't nullread you
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:07 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 227, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 155, GuiltyLion wrote:okay so what was the point of that comment then?
This question is phrased in a way that makes it difficult to not give an awkward answer. There was no POINT per se; I just said what I was thinking.
In post 156, CheekyTeeky wrote:Which RC? Are you assuming RC is ignorant of self-meta?
There's only one RC, and he is very aware of self-meta but I wasn't trying to draw any conclusions from it. (In fact, it's rather the opposite: that is such a characteristic thing for him to say that he'd absolutely say it as either alignment.)
I move you down to a scum lean.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 317, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think it's at all difficult to believe: it's not exactly uncommon knowledge. At the very least you choosing to pick a fight with me and say that you don't believe me without doing anything to verify my claim feels like you're not actually interested in an explanation but are instead looking for a reason to push on me.
I barely know who you are, let alone what your personal gripes with people are.
I didn't think you would lie about something like that so brazenly and then dare me to confirm with my teammates, that would be suicidal.
I thought, instead, that you were using a real story as a convenient cover for your swap. It could've been both things.
green shirt thursdays
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:08 am

In post 322, CheekyTeeky wrote:I move you down to a scum lean.
Because of the post you quoted?

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”