mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 am

Post by mozamis »

hewho, Max, Thor, tex is my order.
my main worry is that tex plays like this as town.
I guess we can always lynch Tex and hope that Transcend shoots one of the other three.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:55 am

Post by mozamis »

tho shooting Ep could be good as well to get rid of an unknown.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Moz before you give every little bit of energy for a wagon on me let be known what is actually vague and stuff about my posts. My recent one is reasoning from an assumption we all could share as town in that wagon reasoning. I don't necessarily support it but I'm not sure but I think one of the conftowns brought it up no? It's worth looking into and I decided to evaluate the situation if we assume that.

Why would Tex playing lurker as town clear her. Why would scum change it.
you have to vote to participate,
That's surely why I didn't give any reads or thoughts before my first real vote...?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:12 am

Post by mozamis »

so you up For Max then? He ha lurker more than Tex?
Exactly, you have spent nearly the whole day not giving out reads or thoughts, and have only just voted, only after i called you on it.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Maxous »

i'll just assume Thor isn't claiming a PR either. should start getting a move on with 2 days left anyway.

i'll give a read over the thread with the 3 confirmed town in mind and give some thoughts before moz keeps getting angry at me
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Moneybags »

Max has done more than Tex. Look at Tex's iso. All Tex has done this game is park on flub while Thor and others pushed in him. Tex didn't even give reads until post 496. Then when flub was announced IC she immediently just jumps on the next biggest lynch?
Max at the very least has been trying harder than that.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:17 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 237, HeWhoSwims wrote:
Some early reads for now.

(Snip)
In post 354, HeWhoSwims wrote:Quick 5-tier read post, I feel like my previous explanations + what I've addressed since should be enough for now.

T: Mozamis, Moneybags
TL: Thor665, Beefster, COA, Max
N: Klick, texcat, EP
SL: (Transcend), Bellaphant, Flubbernugget
S: -

Transcend read is obviously mostly based on Penguin hence the brackets.
In post 823, HeWhoSwims wrote:Conftown Transcend, RC

Town

Townlean Thor, Moneybags, Klick?, Beef

Null Mozamis, tex, COA, Max?

Scumlean Flubber, EP

Scum

If people want me voting then VOTE: Flubbernugget but as said, I'm just barely 100% confident.
In post 1039, HeWhoSwims wrote:

Having said this my list of 3 right now would be any 4 of Tex, Moz, COA, maybe Max. The thing with Tex is that lurking may be playstyle, but that argument surely wouldn't hurt a scum lurker. I'll give EP a freebie on this and assume he's not lying about real life issues because let's face it, please just don't do that.
That's reads for ya. I'm okay ish with max. Recent points aren't stellar. I should reread his iso soonish. Not sure if he did less than Tex.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:40 am

Post by mozamis »

screw it, i'm probably overthinking it.
VOTE: texcat
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: HeWhoSwims

I actually find it interesting all the shade I'm getting - seriously none of you have ever seen a fake IC claim before? I've seen it less than fake day vig, but I've seen it more than once.

@Flubber - don't make up meta when you're town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I think a Beefster lynch is a straight up bad idea.
Tex...meh.
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Moneybags »

Wow, now I
really
want to see what Tex flips.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Maxous »

Page 2
- Instantly reminded why i got such an early town-read on Moneybags. Argues with Thor about his pushes on myself and Penguin. this looks even better given Penguin's clear. Dunno why scum!Money would defend the two of us from a town!Thor. no point really.

still kinda icky about this response to the argument from Beefster. *Particularly* if Thor town. Could be stirring the pot on a town-town fight.

Page 3
- you know in retrospect i dunno how well his post sits with me. it ends up being a lot of fence-sitting and not really saying anything

Page 5
- My town-read on Beefster might actually be tested here. I think his push on Flubber here is weak.

It's hard to define it to a particular page but Thor is dogging on both Penguin and Flubber early on here. his arguments are still a bit hard to follow.

Page 6
- I like Kilck's interactions with Bella on this page. It's a minor thing but felt rather fluid and genuine.

Page 7
- HWS's #164 here. Again a lot of words, not saying a whole pile. In the context that he's not as much of a newer player as i thought initially, this doesn't look great, idk.
Beefster's #165 Again seems like a weak read.
Klick's #167 either Klick is obv-town or he's pretty f'n good at scum.
texcat #171 I know she has a low content playstyle but she ignores so much of the game in the post and it doesn't sit well with me.

page 8
Beefster gives a mildly disapointing read-list here
errant also gives a read-list/catch-up there's not much to it either.
slight twitch with texcat's OMGUS accusation towards Flubber. actually texcat's push on flubber isn't great at all.

while i don't think Athena's posts are scummy...she's not quite as town feeling as i initially thought

Page 10
Some of these HWS posts are starting to trigger me I hate looking at meta but i feel like i might have to here.
Texcat ignores a lot of the game again and just tunnels on Flub. meh.

Page 11
- I know Errant is struggling to catch-up but not much in this post to sink into at all. surely there were more things to talk about.

mozamis seems to be giving people town-reads based on activity here. not entirely sure how i feel about that.

Hmm. Thor makes a really good point for Beefster being town missed that first time round.

Page 13
- Bad vote on Athena from Errant. Very nitpicky and i feel disingenuous, quoting her out of context.

Page 16
In post 383, Klick wrote:
In post 353, HeWhoSwims wrote:Klick, what's your opinion on and which seem townish to me?
I'm not really seeing anything alignment-indicative about the two posts? You're going to have to explain what you see to me.
In post 384, HeWhoSwims wrote:pedit quick reply to Klick: I see Max townhunting and I'm liking the reads he's giving in these posts. It wasn't anything real big, just pinged me as town like.
Highlighting this exchange. maybe HWS really is scum.
such a fluff question.

Page 18
is this really playstyle? nothing else caught Texcat's interest?

Page 19
- Interesting post from beefster defending Transcend considering the circumstance. Transcend seemed like a very plausible lynch there. Town brownie points for beefster

Page 20 & 21
- you know errant is probably just scum. backs down from athena and then just...meh?
considering we know RC and transcend are town i'm not liking HWS' #506 here. Feels like stirring the pot between them. particularly considering how passive HWS tends to be on reads.

-

end of page 25
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Maxous »

alright i've done 25 pages. i might do the rest tomorrow, i might not.

Errant and HWS are scum.

Texcat and Athena are fighting it out for the last spot. Maybeish Thor.
g'night
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Klick »

Thor, why are you voting HWS?

And if you're going to provide the answer "because he's scum," my follow-up is "why?"
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Moneybags »

Because HWS isn't texcat and he can't get away with lynching Beefster. Look at how fast this HWS wagon is getting of the ground. Is this not strange to anyone else?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1063, Klick wrote:Thor, why are you voting HWS?

And if you're going to provide the answer "because he's scum," my follow-up is "why?"
Because I'm sheeping town who isn't arguing something I think is unlikely.
In post 1064, Moneybags wrote:Because HWS isn't texcat and he can't get away with lynching Beefster. Look at how fast this HWS wagon is getting of the ground. Is this not strange to anyone else?
Yeah, I can't get "away" with voting someone I've been openly defending all game and openly argued with two people when they claimed I wasn't defending him :neutral: What do you even think you're arguing there? If I'm scum, i'd be scum with Beefster and already clearly of the mind to defend him.

Could you describe why you feel Tex is a slow wagon and Swims is a fast one? I'd put them in the same general ballpark for speed and support.
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Moneybags »

I concede the point about the speed. I spoke from memory and after checking you're actually right. With moz changing votes it's currently Tex=4 and HWS=2.

Multiple people have separately brought up the possibility of a Tex/Thor/+1 scumteam. For you to go full wifom and say Beef would be your partner is incredible. You're really going to go with "if I was scum I would defend my partner"? I'm accusing you of doing the opposite. I'm saying you've been ignoring Tex all game. And now you're not remotely considering her for a lynch? And you're response is "clearly I would do the opposite of what I am now doing if I was scum"?

Idk, that's pretty bananas man.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

When you complain that I "can't" vote Beef you're asking me to interpret the game from a scum mindset - because town me just wouldn't vote Beef.
Then you're asking me why I'm not voting a slot that you are noting I've not interacted with - here's a hint, for starters lack of interaction equates to lack of read.
Also I've had a lack of interaction with HeWhoSwims also.

Also, you appear aware that speed might be an issue to wagons, yet are calling me out bass ackwards over the wagon speed, and are ignoring that I appear to be intentionally creating a situation where two wagons on two players that I don't have good reads on are now directly competing.
Congrats - you've caught me scumhunting.

What else am I doing that confuses you?
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Moneybags »

Nope, that clears it up just fine.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 493, texcat wrote:Ack. I hit submit instead of preview....
I'm giving RC the benefit of doubt for now, and hoping for the best. Transcend's cc did not strike me as scummy, especially since he retracted it fairly quickly. I saw it as more of a test of RC's claim.
In post 446, mozamis wrote:
In post 445, texcat wrote:
In post 416, mozamis wrote:and kilck, what is it with you defending the bella/rc slot so hard?
I thought it was Flubber that he was defending so hard.
you ever gonna play this game?
Not playing the way you play or the way you think I should play does not mean that I am not playing.
In post 618, texcat wrote:What would be the motivation for fake claiming? It just means that you're outed as scum sooner rather than later.
Missed this the first time around. Giving RC the BOTD and then later asking (me I think) the motivation for fake claiming. Seems inconsistent.

I can kinda see what people have been saying about texcat.

I guess I can settle.

VOTE: texcat

Theory Question: I've heard from a few people on the site that it is usually a bad idea to No Lynch. Why is that? It seems to me that if everyone is town or you can't all agree on a lynch, it's best to No Lynch, especially on an early day.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Moneybags »

I'm not an expert, but from my understand the idea is that it'll give information in one way or another.
If the person ends up being town you can look back at their reads, which should in theory hold more wait as they are now coming from a confirmed towny. You can also look at who pushed the lynch, who piled on for little to no reason, and who hammered.
If they end up being scum of course that in itself is good, but you can also look through their interactions and see who they may be partnered with.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Klick »

We only get so many lynches to kill off scum. If we don't take them all, we have to be more accurate on average.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Transcend »

Log plz
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum